Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Won't Somebody Think of the Ewoks!

Evelynn

E
The girl's form shuddered violently on the forest floor as she was dragged into the emotional maelstrom.

Their minds melded, and a pain of a different sort came upon her. Everybody had their own baggage, things that piece-by-piece dragged them down to the ground, unrelenting and screaming like the monkey on their back to just let go.

GiveUp_zps6b72a16f.png

Her more obvious brand of torment was suffocated by his, a blanket of a tragic childhood wrapped around her soul and constricted her very being. Evelynn's childhood was idyllic, his on the other hand was tragic and she too had a growing respect for him. It was one thing to survive your demons and another to turn around and vanquish them.

Together at the eye of the storm they merged in mutual respect and then a flash,

Nothing.

Had they died? No. She couldn't be dead. Perhaps a void in the Force? In her studies Evelynn had read about various limbos in the galaxy, but she had taken those words with mountainous heaping teaspoons of salt. Religious fanatics and asylum patients. She heard him speak. Again?

What...what is this?

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
At first glance there was only a white space of nothingness around them, an endless reach in all directions. The Void. But then shadows started to appear, reenacting scenes of the past. Memories, but fuzzy and blending into each other. Too quick for the mortal eye to witness, but Jared knew what had happened.

It was the feint sense of pain in the back of his head that not quite belonged to himself. The torment of an entity that had been unknown to him, just a hour ago. Or was it maybe more? How much time had passed since this new beginning? There was no sure way to tell. They could have been here for days, years or maybe it were just mere seconds.

The man in the center of it all opened his eyes and a storm unleashed itself. The white cloud over their heads turned red with yellow thunder coursing through the sky. For a while those eyes did not see a thing, but then one blink and two. The eyes refocused on the girl that stood across him. She had said something, but her meaning was vague, scattered. Just like their minds, that were merged now into this whiteness.

But who provided the sky of darkness and despair and whose whiteness sheltered them?

The question would have to wait for now, gently the man walked up to the girl and touched her throat with two of his fingers.

You may speak here, child.”

The loss she had experienced in the past had no meaning here. There were no limits, except what your imagination bounded you with.

@[member="Evelynn"]

Evelynn

E
From what he said and the way he held himself it was clear that the man had been in a similar to this one, which was almost comforting if not for the fact that he was the one to have dragged them into this blank abyss.

Ethereal eyes surveyed their surroundings, not aware enough to catch the glimpses of horror that awaited them. After a moment of consideration Evelynn had decided that they were not in fact dead but the potential was there for a very grim finale. Perhaps death. Maybe a mild catatonic state. Or a fully fledged-coma. Never waking, never ending.

Initially she didn't understand, bringing her own hand up to touch her throat. She still felt the scar. Opening her mouth, the girl still thought in the physical and thus no sound came and the look she shot him was of perplexed outrage.

Then she understood.

“Where are...”

She was taken aback by the sound of her own voice, having grown used to the frosty brand of telepathy that she now wielded. Evelynn was a mouse again, she was in the clutches of Kaine.

“Wh-wh-wh...”

Her stutter returned with a vengeance, mental blocks erecting themselves immediately and closing her in. The girl shut her eyes, taking a long moment to find a grain of composure,

“...where ah-are w-w-we?”

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
There was worry in the eyes of the man, for a while he just considered the girl across him. Once they were opponents and now.. he was not sure what had changed, only that something had. Even now he could see her life in front of his eyes, like a movie playing in slow-motion and he knew that she had experienced the same thing.

In front of him stood the only person alive that knew his entire story, a scary thought that was.

For a while Jared just considered her question, he could sense her unease and that scared him. For the unpracticed this realm was a dangerous place to be in, if she did not control her mind and accidentally would release the banthas of imagination... there was no sure way to know what would happen.

“We are in the realm of possibilities, Evelynn.”

As if to underline his statement, he waved with his hand behind her and... a beast appeared out of nothing. One that had the uncanny resemblance to an old friend of hers...

“Here... there is only one limitation. Your imagination.”

Louise

here for your dad
This was certainly a lot to take in.

She had absorbed the entirety of this man, this Jared Ovmar. His history, what had built him, what had made him, his entire being digested so suddenly. Even then the girl was still trying to comprehend him. His tragedy, a different breed to hers, not short and savage but instead lengthy and crippling.

A lesser man would have crumbled, would have never made it past the door of addiction and would have ended life face down in the gutter christened by his own vomit. That was the story of the children of Coruscant and given her own sheltered idyllic upbringing upon Dantooine it opened her eyes.

This train of thought was derailed, of course.

“Ch-chomp?”

In that moment she believed the dream, turning to rush to her former best friend and companion. Her gangly limbs entangling themselves with his tusks. Just like how they used to. How they used to. He was dead, and that was the truth. In the back of her mind she was aware of this. It was an illusion. A lie.

If imagination was a limits, complacency sat upon the horizon. When reality was so cruel, why would you leave?

“I've missed you.”

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Why would you leave...

The question had not been spoken and still Jared had heard it. They were one, the girl was starting to see it; but she had not yet realized how far they had melted together. He could see her thoughts without reading her mind, there was no need anymore for he knew exactly how she worked. In that instant, that blink of an eye, Jared became scared. Because he knew that just as he knew her... she would know him too, if only she would open her inner-eye and look.

Why would you leave? The question resonated with him, because it was one that he had asked himself many times. It was a cruel world outside, the weak perished and the strong crumbled until they too finally found their end. Why not stay here?

“Because ours is the Fury. If we allow ourselves to be bowed, bent and broken... they will never hear us roar.”

The words came from everywhere and from nowhere, her ears would hear it and her mind would feel it.

Did revenge solve everything? It might not, but the allure of justice made one strong and able to stand against their foes.

“Do you want to leave your enemies unhurt? Would you be able to live with the knowledge that they know happiness of some sort? Or do you want to be there, when their joy turn to ashes in their mouth. When they realize that the debt has been paid?”

Louise

here for your dad
The girl smiled coyly as she embraced the creature of imagination. The concept of Evelynn the Mute roaring was beyond amusing, naturally she was aware that he was speaking in metaphor but still, the silent sister took humour where she could find it, no matter how grim the circumstance were.

In the void, her trivial insecurities seemed to shine through the brightest. Kaine could not get her here. Nemene could not get her here. There was Evelynn Dorn and Jared Ovmar and that's all there was.

What if I'm not strong enough?

“T-th-there's more to life than r-revenge.”

The head did not directly conflict with the heart but they sung different tunes, both of which Jared would be able to listen to, after all, in this realm of oneness there were no such things has secrets, Within her something malevolent stirred, concepts of justice and vengeance resonated deeply, but just how deep? The girl had spent so long being buried by her own submission, just how repressed were those base urges?

She stood, turning her back on her creature of comfort, those grey eyes almost pleading.

“I can still f-forgive. I-I-I can still f-fff-forget.”

What if I make it worse for myself?

The silly girl, who still chose to wear bondage in the spectrum of imagination felt a spike of panic. Her pace of breathing quickened as flashes of red loomed on the horizon. If she wasn't careful...

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
In a dark and grim world, this girl was talking about forgiveness.. about mercy. Did this prove him wrong? Was there good in this galaxy? It was a frightening prospect, one he was not ready for yet. He saw the atrocities Kaine had committed against the little girl and he knew one thing for certain.

Jared would never forgive himself, if he left her weak and vulnerable against the Black Iron Tyrant. In this world... there was no place for mercy, no place for peace and forgiveness. The weak perished and the strong ruled. Maybe in a different world.. in a different time.. he would have allowed her to retain her benevolence.

But right here and right now... Jared would force her to be strong. He would force the virtue of righteousness and furious duty right through her throat, and she would enjoy it. Or by the Living Force, he would reign down upon her with great vengeance and furious anger.

Just like.. that, Jared disappeared and a voice projected itself upon the world of make-belief. Chomp was gone and the little girl, Evelynn, was all alone in this place.

Forgiveness? Forgiveness? Forgiveness? Forgiveness? Forgiveness?”
The word repeated itself multiple times, echoing and resonating itself.
Forget? Forget? Forget? Forget?”
Again the word repeated itself, even softer. Almost a whisper in a world of quietness.
I shall show you what happens.. when you forgive. I shall show you... what happens when you forget.”
And from nowhere... Evelynn was back on Endor, the forest moon. Jared's body was strangely missing, but it was replaced by something else... beasts, living and breathing Kath Hounds, surrounded her and they were craving for something.

Food.

Flesh.

She would have to act fast... take control over them and live.

Louise

here for your dad
It was a question that split the moral majority straight down the middle. Forgiveness, or vengeance. Two extremely human qualities and ones that separated us from the beasts themselves. The road to revenge was more often than not the easy route, the gut feeling, the one that the heart craves, it didn't make you a bad person to crave it but the shadow of forgiveness eclipsed it.

The harder fought road, you had to stop and think. Have control. You had to stop blame and just absolve those who wronged you of all sin. That wasn't easy, and even in a pinch most Jedi couldn't achieve true forgiveness.

Just like that, Endor returned to her. She blinked for a moment. Was that it? Return to reality? The anti of all climaxes?

No.

The world felt wrong. She felt wrong.

The slow feral growl of a kath hound brought her back to reality. This was already cause for concern. Usually so in tune with nature she had completely failed to notice the beasts that now surrounded her. Her granite eyes widened with fear as she tried, and failed to understand them, to feel them. There was no connection.

From behind her one of the wild beasts snapped its jaws, sending lashes of saliva out at her.

No. This was wrong.

The girl's chest swelled and fell quicker and quicker as the pack circled. Panic and fear took over as Evelynn felt nothing. She had no power here. What was happening? Without her talents or her blade the mute had been downgraded to prey. Nothing more. Nothing less. Weakness to be devoured by the strong.

One of the creatures lunged, both winding her with those unforgiving tusks and knocking her to the ground. With her breath caught in her throat she curled into a sickly ball. Powerless. Too afraid, too feeble. Death would come for her as she lay on the ground caught in the grasp of trembling sobs, awaiting the vicious tear of powerful jaws.

No. Please.

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
There was no mercy for her, no forgiveness. Only blood and pain and... death. Her end was needlessly cruel, as the beasts of nature slowly devoured her alive and her screams filled the air of not-Endor. All the while there was a whisper in her head, a rustle of the leaves and the stir of the wind through the air. A mere suggestion it was, almost to feint to hear but for her unconsciousness. But it was there, made out of the growling of the feral pack, the cry of the hunters in the air, the soft tick of the ants under the ground.

Greatest.. strength... Undermine... you”
Even now the creator of this world was teaching her, molding her into something she had to become to survive the outside world.

One blink.. two... three? A different world, a different place and.. a different lesson.

She would awake on a world devoid of life, destruction and corruption reigned. Chained to a wall of darkness, chains made of despair and pain. The hill were she was imprisoned looked out on a place.. her place, where she lived her years of peace and happiness. But now it was destroyed. Why?

It was her.

She had been weak.

Her forgiveness and compassion had prevented her from doing what was right. What was Just. Justice had been ignored and Dantooine.. was destroyed.

...and she was there. Chained and not able to do a thing, memories forced itself into her mind. Memories of desolation and fire.

While she was lost in the dreams of carnage, beings of shadows stalked up to her. Shadows of the people that had lost their lives, because of her. Her loved ones.. but also the ones that she hated...

They crept up to her without making any sound.. except their whispers.

it was you... you could have done something... you failed us... you are weak... weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak.”
they attacked. claws and fangs appeared out of nowhere.
andshecouldnotdoanything.
@[member="Evelynn"]

Louise

here for your dad
A drawn out death rattle.

The half-consumed and ravaged form of the girl was still on the ground. Death had come and yet there was still a semblance of conciousness. This was not the end. Words. A lesson. Fleeting, floating, just out of grasp but there was no time for contemplation, no moment of respite for those dreadful remains.

The kath hounds finished their meals and she was gone.

Endor was gone.

If it was ever there in the first place.

---

Evelynn's eyes fluttered open and immediately the girl was hit by a wave of disorientation, this however did not last so long as a wave of harrowing realisation washed away her confusion. Dismay. Disgust. Dread.

Dantooine.

Her home. Or at least the remains. The once lush plains that surrounded her home decayed and desolated, death lingered in the air. No. No, this wasn't happening! This couldn't have been happening! What, how, why.

Then the truth. It was her. It had been her! Eyes wide with horror she pulled against her dark bindings to no avail. This was the true price of benevolence. Once you peeled off the mask of compassion, its true face stared back at you. There was no kindness here, for her face was the face of apathy, the face of selfishness. Evelynn had stepped back into a realm of indifference and allowed the destruction of her home, and its people.

From the ashes came the phantoms, the phantoms of those she once knew, her neighbours now born again as twisted apparitions to haunt her. The girl fell to her knees as her shackles grew taut. She desperately tried to speak, to apologise but there were no words. Too small, too weak, too helpless.

CouldHaveDoneSomething_zps721ee6f6.png

Their accusations became violence. Now she had a voice. A voice in which to scream as through the torment of mind came physical suffering. Once again her blood was spilled upon the ground, deep lacerations and torn flesh just another price to pay for her inactivity, her passiveness.

Once again a lesson loomed. Just out of reach.

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Greatest... Fear... Face... ..It.”
Her mercy and forgiveness had turned into apathy and neglect. It had made her weak and incapable to stop what had been coming. Her planet... ruined, her childhood companions... dead and their ghosts wreaked havoc upon her flesh and soul. These were the consequences. Slowly but steadily she was ripped apart, piece by piece and still a part lingered... death prolonged itself as the wall of darkness fed on her terror and pain. Until she was nothing. Until she was a mere shell of what once was. Still death did not come and would never.
Sentenced to living amongst the ghosts and desolation of her past, she would roam the planet. Death would not come to claim and free her. In that instant that realization came upon her and the memories of a thousand and a thousand more years filled the space of her eyes and she knew she was lost.
A blink.. one more and a last one. Another world, another dream and another lesson. Lights flickered and shut themselves down. Until there was only darkness around the little lonely girl. Where was she? What was she doing here? As she looked around and tried to make out where she was by touch.. it dawned upon her.
The Jedi Archives.
Why here? Why now?
Then a voice... it came upon her as the sweet sound of the first bird, heralding the first day of Summer. Could it really be true?
Eve, I love you. Come back, it was nothing, the light bulb probably needs fixing.”
It was her love, Sopher.
She was back to were it had all started, the night they had shared everything and more. But was this really a dream? Or had all those torments been a figment of her imagination? It had been over so quick, in a blink of an eye and still... something lingered.
Come, Eve.. I want to kiss you again.”
And... she would go and hug him and kiss him and forget. Forget and Forgive. Forgiveness and Mercy... right, Evelynn?
Sopher's form blinked out for a second and then reappeared. Or.. had she imagined it? His laugh was so brilliant... and so.. cruel? Why.. what..
Sopher blinked and his eyes turned red.
So.. easy, little little Eve. You think I ever loved you? Little stuttering fool.”
His form twisted and then flickered away into the darkness, only black smoke stayed. A void. It whispered to her.
Fool Fool Fool Fool Fool Fool Fool Fool Fool Fool. Nobody loves you... Fool Fool Fool Fool Fool. Nobody Fool Nobody Fool Nobody Fool Nobody Fool Nobody Fool. Kiss me Fool Nobody Kiss Fool me Nobody Kiss me Fool Nobody Kiss Fool me Nobody Kiss me Fool Nobody Kiss Fool me Nobody Kiss me Fool Nobody Kiss Fool me Nobody Kiss me Fool Nobody Kiss Fool me Nobody Kiss me Fool Nobody Kiss Fool me Nobody Kiss me Fool Nobody Kiss Fool me Nobody.”
And then... a scream, right in her soul and it ripped at her. The Void came for her, hungry. No Sopher. No love. She was alone.
Fool.”
@[member="Evelynn"]

Louise

here for your dad
This time she remained.

Her flesh all but crumbled, her soul flayed and open for the spectres to ravage. Her existence became agony and only that. Body, gone. Mind, gone. All that was left was hollow vitality, a sad spirit of suffering that forever lingered amongst the grand reminder of her greatest failure. This is what is what it is to forgive. This is what it is to forget.

Time became an abstract construct, it never ended, it never began, it just was. It was this, forever.

Dantooine, what was once her home was now her grave.

An eternal grave.

Help.

---

Tears formed at the brim of the girl's eyes as she came blinking into a new world. Reality? There was no time to ponder that question as all light around her blinked out? Another horror? But there was silence. The girl stood, and with cautious steps tried to feel her way through the darkness. Her footfalls sent echoes above her, this was a grand room.

Gingerly she moved, hands outstretched and searching with nothing for company but her own anxious breathing. She felt something. A structure of stone, she felt around. It was...a pillar...no...as her hands travelled up she found herself touching the cool metal sculpture of what could only have been a twi'lek. This was a bust.

Then she knew. The archives. There was only one reason.

Sopher.

The very sound of his voice was comfort, his words a blanket of safety being draped around her. With Sopher came her sanctuary, her Ropo Knight would never let her down, never let her come to harm, at least not while he was at her side. This was reality, that was what she decided.

“Sopher.”

She went to him. Of course she went to him. Perhaps Evelynn was destined to always go to Sopher in the end. Upon reflection the blonde Jedi was the only light left in her life. Her only hope. Save me. Between the loss and the torture, between Kaine and Nemene, there stood Sopher. The last bastion. His embrace was warmth, his lips home. This was no dream, it was real. It had to be.

“I was so scared.”

And yet.

He flickered. Or did he? She denied it. His laughter held a wicked edge. She denied it.

His eyes. Oh god his eyes.

“Sopher?”

The young woman watched on with horror as the only love of her life sent forth his rejection. The last light in her sad little existence snuffed out. Tears came, and there she was Evelynn. Pathetic little girl. Bound to darkness, bound to be unloved, bound to know nothing but misery and strife, bound to be weak, bound to be alone.

She tried to counter the whispers, to stop them.

“No no. Sopher. Please. No. Don't. Sopher. Stop. I love you. No! Stop! Sopher! Please! No! NO! SOPHER! DON'T! I NEED YOU! NO! STOP! SOPHER! I CAN'T! SOPHER! SOPHER! PLEAS-”

Her throat tightened as the ability to speak left her behind and the malevolence that was once Sopher came for her. There was nothing she could do. Helpless. Alone. Weak. And he devoured her.

There was nothing.

She was nothing.

N O T H I N G.

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Cherish.. Most.. Take.. Away..”
Once again a lesson flew out into the air, cascaded like a stream of water through the banks of a river, as a leaf flowing on the waves of the wind. But did the child learn it?
The Dark Lord stood outside of the world, and watched with a neutral expression at the progress the girl as making. It was not pretty and it was not good. But it was necessary, this much the Lord knew for certain. She was weak, and in this world weakness could not be tolerated. Her strengths, fears and the things she most cherished.. it was all used against her. And in her lowest point, she crawled up like a little babe and wept.
For a while, the Darkness continued its examination. Weighing the odds, was she ready for what would come next? Would she bite the bait he had set for her? Questions, questions.. but no answer. She was broken now, and this was the time. The time to watch and see if she would reforge herself into an entity of Vengeance and Justice... or if she would choose the easy way out and cradle the memories of what she had lost.
Because she -had- lost it all, Kaine had made sure of that. If Sopher had ever come across the broken bird, that she had become... well the Lord did not know what would have happened. At any rate, it was this or death. It is known.
A blink, one more and a third. A different world, a different lesson. What would she make out of it, what could she make out of it? This was the final world, the final dream. But there was a change, a change in scenery and a change in mood. For the dream was different, a dream of power and lust. Temptation and pain.. Vengeance.. and Justice. Fire and Blood. All of this and more. How would she react? The die had been cast.
She woke up to the slight breeze of an ocean meadow, the sun was setting in and dusk was at hand. The moon would soon show, but for now it was still invisible behind the horizon. Only a hint, a shimmer of the light was there to imply it's coming.
In the far reaches behind her, a range of mountains could be made out. High their peaks went, up in the sky not to be touched by mortal hands.
What was this world?
None that existed in the true Galaxy, but our little Evelynn did not know.
As her eyes opened, she saw the beauty of the place and her eyes would weep for its magnificence. The lessons of the previous dreams were far away, and would do nothing to hamper this crucial moment. A moment of peace.. a moment of truth and tranquility. But this would not continue on for much longer.
The storm was coming.
This was just its eye.
She would have to pick between past and future.
Between light and darkness.
Between Justice and Apathy.
What would she do?
Dusk settled in and the storm came. It was an Everstorm, its banks of clouds seeped in darkness and lightning. Red electricity poured from it and where it swept the beautiful lands were left desolated. The once mighty mountains crumbled, the sea boiled into nothingness and the lands were ripped to shreds. From the storm a form came, its robbed silhouette saturated in the blackest tint there was. Light itself could not escape it's peril.
As the Lord of Darkness stepped out of the storm and onto the fields, his mark drained the remaining life of the fields. Only his eyes were seen through the cloak of shadows. The eyes were pitches of ice and fire and in them you saw.. desolation.
Child of Asmodea of the House Dorn. You have been weighted and found lacking.”
His voice boomed, and it was Power.
Choose.”
Out of nothing, the world blanked out. It shifted in agony, the scream of the land filled her ear as its existence was forced to bend before the power of the Dark One.
The world flickered and came back into view, it was a hall with two separate domains. In one... Sopher and Chomp were playing in a field of flowers, their laughter was amiable and cheery. Happiness awaited there. But it was bleak, and if you looked closely you saw the figments of the dream world.
The Dark One swept with his hand, and the other domain came into view. It was him, the Lord of Darkness, bringing destruction to a world. Cities burned and forests were turned into ice. A castle crumbled, and outside the ruins the body of the Black Iron Tyrant was tortured. Reanimated and killed.. reanimated and killed.. in eternal agony.
The Lord turned around in his domain, and watched as he was being watched. Then.. his cloak was removed by him and it became clear. Clear that him was not him, that it was a possibility. For the face was that of the little girl, little poor Evelynn Dorn. Child of Asmodea. Destroyer of Worlds, Eater of Souls and the Lady of Vengeance.
Pick. Apathy or Justice.”
@[member="Evelynn"]

Louise

here for your dad
In that moment of ultimate despair, the girl formerly known as Evelynn Dorn almost broke.

Were she to be abandoned now there would be no recovery. A catatonic future. Suspended between fiction and reality she would be left as a husk. Yes, she might have been able to walk, and hear and see but she would have been a girl without feeling, a girl lost and alone, forever suspended in darkness. An eternity kept weak in a waking coma, doomed to be at the manipulations of others until all frail life left her form.

Even in death there would be shackles. No respite. The void would only hold horrors all too similar to those she felt now. With strength gone, fears running rampant and all that she cherished in the galaxy gone.

I have no mouth.

But I must scream.

---

However she was not abandoned.

Evelynn awoke.

It was not a world she recognised, but open surveying her surroundings the girl found that she did not care. There were visions of heaven that paled in comparison to this setting. The perfect blend of majesty and beauty, sublime serenity. The mute closed her eyes, feeling the gentle breeze glide against her features like a lover's tender caress, almost washing those previous torments from her mind.

Was this really heaven?

The Silent Sister shut her eyes, lifting her arms up and out to the side, savouring this moment. Reality or fantasy, this was ultimate beauty, the peak of serenity.

That would never last. Not in this galaxy of war.

---

Desolation came.

The young woman watched as the ominous clouds rolled in, bringing nothing but death and despair. The once majestic surroundings crumbled away to nothingness, clearly no match for the robbed figure that emerged, dubbed by the fates as the epicentre of destruction. His gaze seemed to burn and steal life itself, but she did not run, she could not run.

Evelynn form froze, paralysed by both dread and intrigue. This figure. He did not just spread dismay and desolation across these lands but he also brought the rawest of power. Captivating. She found herself with wide eyes and mouth agape, how could one keep composure around the very font of dominion?

As the world around them bent to his will, her grand choice was presented.

The full weight of conflict soon became apparent as she saw a world full of those she cherished. Sopher. Chomp. This was the life she had spent so long dreaming of. Before the brutal introduction of Kaine Zambrano into her life this scene was her end game, everything she held dear in the perfect little package. They could forgive, they could forget.

No! Forgive? Forget? She winced as the very thought of those words sent harsh spikes of pain piercing through her mind. Lessons unconsciously learned.

Looking closer upon the scene the girl frowned as the seams holding it all together seemed to show. Distorted. Fictitious. Minor manipulations that she would likely never realise. The domain was almost plastic, too saccharine and she had to step back.

The second choice was presented with a sudden mood shift so severe that it could break necks.

At first she didn't understand, and while something malevolent stirred deep within her upon the vision of Darth Vornskr's broken and begging form, it just didn't quite click. The embers were there. The fire just needed to be stoked. Her frown remained, tinged with apprehension and puzzlement.

Cue the reveal.

In that single moment, a repressed desire found itself unleashed, there was a crack of lightning within her very being and the flames came roaring to life. It was offered as justice, as rightful vengeance but Evelynn also saw domination. Both strength and weight. She stared into her own reflection and she saw all that she lacked but not just that, she saw all that she could be.

Everything clicked.

“I understand.”

The lesson that had fluttered so cruelly out of her grasp came closer.

“I choose justice.”

Physically reaching out towards the second domain, the young woman discarded what she had once loved and held dear, or so she thought. Her teeth found themselves grinding, as her face transformed, a macabre smile emerging upon those harsh features.

No.

Eyes aflame, that outstretched hand slowly, confidently closed into a fist as if she had caught something.

“I CHOOSE POWER.”

@[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
One blink, and one more and a third, the world shifted yet again. The little girl had chosen power over emotion, justice over apathy. This was good, but was this a real change? Or might she revert back into her previous state of weakness? It was a good question, one Jared would not have been able to answer for now. Only time would be able to tell. As such the Lord released his grip over the reality that spanned between them, but not before erasing a few memories that had been embedded into Evelynn's mind. He allowed her keep the memories of his youth, but Fringe secrets.. no; they were not his secrets to give out.

Regardless, in the end the void was filled and they opened their eyes...

Jared blinked, and them smiled as he regarded the girl in front of him. In the world he had created for both of them, hours, days, months, years and generations had passed... but here? Only a second. It was one of the wonders of his creation, time was a relative concept and that could be used. Maybe to extend ones torture, or maybe to figure things out when time was of the essence.

She had intrigued him, for in the end she had chosen power. He knew she had been on a breaking-point, leaving her alone just then? It would have destroyed her. Instead.. he had saved her, and now he would take his dues.

And so.. he walked up to her, she stood right in front of him, just as he had left her. His head tilted a little bit, as a feint smile played on his lips. Again his mind reached out to her, more delicately now. They were known to each other now, their minds perfect in sync after the whole ordeal.

Eve..”

Without considering any other action, he took her in his hands and kissed her, guiding her gracefully to the soft ground of the forest.

[member="Evelynn"]

Louise

here for your dad
Just like that it was over.

The torments of eternity, the choice of a lifetime and it was gone, blinked away as if it was nothing. The girl could scarcely believe that this was even reality again, as if the floor itself was going to shift and reveal hell beneath their feet. With Jared Ovmar always expect the unexpected, she knew this now.

Whereas she didn't before.

The girl stood there upon the forest floor and looked to Jared with fresh recognition. No. This was reality. She had escaped the void intact, or at least somewhat intact, who knew what part of her soul had been left behind. There was no such thing as power without sacrifice. There was a price, a toll and within her a terrible darkness had stirred. She was Eve. Original sin.

Not that she would emerge from the womb bringing death and destruction.

The time was not now.

The mute did not respond with words, she knew. His lips lay somewhere between Sopher and Nemene, between amorous and furious. Passion. As he lay her down upon the forest floor a hand snaked up to the back of his head, fingers splayed and spidering as her nails ran through his hair with more than just a pinch of zeal. Her other hand moved to his face, tracing his jawline with a single finger.

Moving down. Nails leaving red marks to claim that they had been there. Down still. Heart pounding hard within her chest. Primal! Down. Between the locking of lips a smile curled upon hers and the curtains of the scene began to be drawn.

She had chosen power.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom