Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Without a Cause

Lord Ghoul

L
Mikhail froze. The embrace of a woman was nothing new to him, but never like this, never kind and gentle and caring. Always passionate and lustful, though this was certainly full of passion. Just one of a different kind. Blood slowly soaked the knees of his pants. The coppery tang of death hung in the air still, but for a moment Amore managed to push all of it away with a simple hug.

He felt her fingers in his hair, her slender arms around him, comforting. Comforting the man who not five minutes ago had killed her. Impossible. Mikhail did not understand. Confusion seeped into the tidal wave of guilt and regret. What was he doing? Trying to kill her? Because what, she pretended to be a god? The Sith had done this to him, warped him into a monster. He wanted to run from it all, run far away. But where did he have to run? What friends did he have in this galaxy? They were all either dead or estranged.

Mikhail's arms lifted up almost of their own accord and wrapped around Amore, crushing her close, desperate and even terrified. Yes, Shorn could be afraid. He was afraid a lot, but the Sith had shown him not to show fear. Fear was weakness. Weakness was death. Love was passionate and fleeting. That was what the Sith taught. The Sith were fools. Shorn clung to Amore and found tears falling from his eyes, hot and stinging. He didn't even know this woman.

Finally, he stumbled to his feet and back, tears still standing in his eyes. His eyes roamed across the bodies on the floor and back to Amore's crimson stained tunic. "I can't," he whispered softly, "I can't do this. I can't do this." He repeated over and over again, clutching his head in his hands and tearing at his hair. Mikhail nearly tripped over a body. "I have to go. I have to-"

He ran.

[member="Amorella Mae"]

Amorella didn't have the strength to follow him, let alone stand. When he tore from her, the woman crumpled once more to the floor, swimming in a horrific pain and at the same time a strange sense of serenity. She'd used up what little strength had been given her in this resurrection to show him a moment of peace. There was nothing more for her to do.

When Mikhail burst through the doors of the hall, he was met by an arriving contingent of Priests and Guards in the main corridor. They looked in at the massacre inside and seeing their Aesir bloodied and spent, immediately rounded on the Sith.

"No," Amore managed, and though her voice was barely audible it carried along a fading current of the Force, "let him leave."

Then all the world around her went black.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom