Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Witch (Trainer needed)

A chill air filled the air as Pai Ling crossed the field. A breeze blew, but oddly it was not going one direction, but rather all directions heading to the newcomer. She did not belong to this planet, but here she was. An unknown world with an unknown culture, she did not even know if it was occupied by humans or aliens.

Each frosty step left the grass beneath her feet frozen, and they broke as her feet touched them. When in an unknown area, Pai Ling prefered to let her curse run free. It made attacking her extremely hazardous. Unfortunately it did nothing to produce food, and she knew she would need some soon.

At the moment I have no plans for a clan, not knowing them very well. It may in the end be better to forge my own clan when the time comes so as to not conflict with the others.

(okay... edited this one for an actual IC post :) )

For Petra, there were some things that always got her attention. A major one was outsiders on the land of Witches. It was one that she took a more personal approach to by being hands on. This outsider was no different. Observing a little, the force made sure it was whispering in her ears of what happening around the outsider. The frozen steps and chill did not stop Petra being forward as she had dealt with many different kinds of creatures in her life.

The choice of Basic was picked out by the witch as it was common and easy. “What brings you here, child?” Well not using child as insult, it was a very, very safe bet that the woman was not close to the age of when Petra became a master in the force.
@[member="Pai Ling"]

Pai Ling turned to look at this new woman, dark brown eyes looking her over. She appeared to be older, but still fairly attractive. Not quite Pai Ling's usual taste, but neither was she by any means ugly. Then the former slave's eyes made her way down to the woman's chest, and her eyes widened slightly. A cry of surprise from a normal person.

"I am here, because this is where the Force has led me. I do not pretend to understand such matters."

“Yes, the force does move in mysterious ways, child.” Petra replied back while looking the girl over more. She slowly circled the cold one. Letting her senses pick out finer details, she studied like she always did while quizzing the outsider. “What is your name? Where was home? What are your desires, child?" The quick quizzing had its purpose as everything did.

She watched as the woman circled, not there there was much more she could do to defend herself than she already was. The force had given her a natural barrier, a wall where heat was not allowed to exist. A wall between her any anyone else alive. Now that she controlled it her curse was more like a gift, but she could not control how far out it went or use it in a different area other than near her body. She knew well how easily she could be killed from outside the curse's range.

"I am Ling of the Pai family. You may call me Pai Ling. I have no home other than that which I take for myself, and I desire only that which catches my eye."

Stopping in front of the girl, her eyes looked right out the other’s eyes. Petra could see and feel the force being over active in the young one. She had seen different ways the force was active in people. Some were extreme like this one and others were milder; however, it took a toll on the person in time. Faster for some when it was more active and from the looks of it. Petra was believing this one was one of those types.

“Well, Pai Ling… It appears the force wanted you here as it know there is something that could catch your eye.” Petra said straight forward. She did give the girl a smile. There was a reason for it as she was thinking of what she knew of the force and seeing what she could use. An idea popped up in her head which she went with it but she needed to know what girl knew. “Tell me… this aura, can it be controlled by you?”

Dark brown eyes looked straight back into the other woman's, neither blinking nor turning away. What was going on in this newcomer's mind was beyond Pai Ling, but it did not appear as if she intended harm upon Pai Ling. It could be an elaborate trap of course, but while paranoia had its uses one could not rely on it to heavily. For now it seemed she would have to trust that they were not enemies, until it was proven otherwise.

Admitting how well she could control her ability made her pause for a moment as that same ability was the only thing that kept her safe. She could not find a reason to not give the information though, and gave in. "I have been trained by a sith to control it as much as it can be, but have little knowledge of the Force beyond that."

Oh the Sith and their ways were good for some things but control was not always their strong suit. So that was a mark against her. Petra was sure this girl needed tons of help if she wanted control over it completely. ”Well then…” Petra started to say. Then she changed her mind and spoke in Paecean. She let the words wrap the force around her hand and arm. She reached up and let her fingers lightly brush over the girl’s cheek.

Petra had used the force to repel that was active. The studying was too keen in to what was absorbing the energy around the girl. The force was there for her to counter it for her hand and arm. Stroking the cheek as she smiled and spoke, “Force is powerful and the Sith lack much. Here you could learn control over the force and make it yours to serve your needs. Do you desire that, child?”

When she felt the touch against her cheek Pai Ling noticeably jerked back in shock. People were not supposed to be able to touch her, it was the only thing that kept her safe. Without it she was defenseless, and that left her... well scared was the closest word. Not that she felt true fear.

"It... would seem I still have much to learn. Yes, I would like to pursue this knowledge further."

A nod was given the young woman as she took her hand away. She just wanted to show the force being strong. It would not allow her to do that forever if Pai’s aura kept going. Mastering control over her abilities would be on the top of the list, there was a land that would not handle its draining so well, and people that might not understand the gift Pai had.

“As your time as a Sith, what have you heard of the Witches of Dathamir?” Petra asked, she wondered what the outside knew of the witches and how much needed to be taught to Pai.

"Nothing," Pai Ling said shaking her head. "I was not allowed to learn of the Galaxy, and could not operate electronics on my own until I gained the ability to turn my curse off."

What she knew of the Galaxy was what she had learned listening to others talk, and what she had learned once she gained true freedom. Among those that had owned her during her life, known had made a reference to Dathomir or to witches of any type. To say her knowledge was lacking about many subjects was a fairly grand understatement. A fact made evident by what she asked next. "What is a witch?"

A smile was given to the woman. There was explanation of what the woman walked into. Petra warmly spoke like an instructor. “Witches are a force sensitive group of women. There are male force users and they are called Jai or for the darksiders ones, Nightbrothers. The knowledge of the force came from an exiled female Jedi and from what she did had led to the rule of women on this planet. The women created clans and today those like us using the darkside of the force are called Nightsisters… you’ll be one as you learn because of the Sith touch placed on you through that training.” Petra paused then checked with Pai if she was taking in the info so far. ”With me so far?”

"I believe I have heard this term 'darkside' before, though I am not sure what it is in reference to. It matters not, what matters is power. Those without it are fit only to be possessions to those with it. If you can give me this power, then you can call me whatever you wish." She spoke clearly, and it was obvious that while her voice bore no emotion it was something she considered very important. She did not understand the differences between the groups the woman had listed, but she figured the knowledge would come in time should it be relevant. Her knowlege of the Force was simply to limited at the moment to see why there would even be different types of Force users.

“Very well.” Petra simply replied to Pai. She turned away from the woman and looked out at the land. It was a moment taken for thoughts that welled up. Even though her mission was to rebuild her power base and taken the planet as hers again, Petra still did not want this one damage the land for no reason. Control over that ability was first on the list.

Turning back to Pai, Petra looked at the woman. Like an instructor, her voice was sterner. “I want to focus on this aura of yours… It is important for you to master this, my child. So I want you to sit and focus on the force… use these words to help you center, ‘I command the old mothers to give me the strength, the boost, the power needed to overcome the struggle I am about to face. I will overcome all with true power of the ancient ways.’” Petra paused for a moment. “Words have power… these words are to encourage you as you focus on calling forth the force.”

Pai Ling did not like the idea of lowering her one wall of protection, but it seemed she would have to if she wished for the training she had just requested. "There is no need," she said simply. Then the slight wind that had been a constant in her presence began to die down. The chill air began to warm back to the ambient temperature. The ground was still frozen beneath her, but already it showed signs of warming. The cold was gone.

"It is the only thing I learned from the Sith." Which also implied she had learned nothing else from them. She had played at learning how to control her curse in different ways, but did not know even the basics of controlling the Force otherwise. "If you will allow, I shall attempt to draw on these 'words of power' still."

Sitting down, Pai Ling began to repeat the words unsure of how such a thing could work. She had spoken, and seen others speak, all her life. The only power they had ever held before was in the threat of violence. "I command the old mothers to give me the strength, the boost, the power needed to overcome the struggle I am about to face. I will overcome all with true power of the ancient ways." And then she left a stirring within her, one she could not explain. Looking up, her face was questioning.

“There is a need…” Petra started off with to Pai. She watched what the young woman did and how she reacted. The old witch simply smile and continued to speak. ”Are you listening to the words you are saying? Do you hear the words for strength… power… overcome struggle because you aren’t losing anything but gaining even more. This will be source of your power and will boost your natural ability of heat absorption.” She moved in a closer to test Pai. “Say it again… let the words pull force to the desire you want them.”

It was still strange, the idea that words could somehow hold power... and yet she seemed to feel a spark that proved there was something to what the woman was saying. So she tried again. She repeated the words, concentrating on them, trying to understand them, and concentrating on her natural ability. "I command the old mothers to give me the strength, the boost, the power needed to overcome the struggle I am about to face. I will overcome all with true power of the ancient ways."

This time the result was far more noticeable as her aura leapt from her body and once again began to drain the living heat from the air and ground around her. However this time the distrance it pulled from was many times further away than before. She felt power... power like never before. It was intoxicating.

The old witch had a wicked grin as her new apprentice. She could feel the drain around her but she kept an aura to hold off the drain the student. The strength of the aura was being a little annoying. It was something that to be switched off soon. Petra had to test the focus of Pai. So she leaned in and planted her lips on the young woman’s lips. Such close contact was going to void the aura that was protecting her, and she could feel the slow drain.

Breaking away after given a deep kiss, Petra just let the aura she had intercept what was being taken around them and pulled into her. She wanted returning what was drained from her. Then lean over to Pai’s ear, she had her natural seductive tone as she whispered. “Feel the power and used it to stop your aura. Then we’ll keep on teaching you more power so you can be a proper right hand.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom