Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter is Coming

Well Feth. Kara was currently on the run from her clan, and has gotten herself stuck in a canyon, the perfect place for an ambush. This is the best possible situation ever, and she is definitely going to get herself killed. She was not as good with spell craft as the rest of her clan, which made this even harder, they would kill her in a fight, all she had ever been good at was piloting, but she didnt have a ship, not right now. Night was coming, so Kara started collecting materials for a fire, though she wouldn't dare use fire shaping, not after what she did, she would use the old survival methods taught to her by her clan. She had brought enough food for a few days, but it wouldn't last long, she would need to be able to catch something soon, if she was even alive by then, feth.
[member="Lady Sovereign"]

Crimson eyes stared into the emptiness of the Dathomir skies as the sun sunk into its horizon...the night slowly consuming the surface as the cloaked woman stood atop a secluded Canyon looking down upon the land. The cool breeze forcing the woman to sigh as her cloak was pulled by the air...and as the hours passed Winter could sense the presence of another quickly closing it near her position. The Ice Queen looked down into the depths of the Canyon as what seemed to be a young woman ran into its castle-like valley walls for shelter...her frantic mind disturbing for force and making Winter curious...what had the girl done that make her thoughts run as wild as they did?

The blue skinned female closed her eyes and smiled in amusement...deciding to see what all the fuss was about the cold woman walked off the edge of the canyon cliff...making her way down the sides quickly in order to prevent getting caught by any Nightsisters who could of been in the area...she had no desire to quarrel with them once considering what she had done last time she visited Dathomir...and as her loincloth swayed in the wind she made he her way to the ground surface.

[member="Kara Blackmoor"]

(Old character name and ranks, they are being changed. He's a Dark Jedi and a Monster.)

Avarice stood with arms crossed, gazing at the stars of Dathomir. Last time he was here, it had been in his own Universe, and had come to take his payment from the clans. But, that was a different place. Did it mean it needed to be any different however? Smiling to himself, he realized that no it didn't!

Stepping off the edge of the canyon, he plummeted for a moment...

Until his mind caught hold of him, and he slowed instantly. Many beings had long wondered what allowed such a massive beast to fly? Well, it was simple, his mind accepted telekinesis more so than anything else. That was not to say he didn't have training in other skills, just that tk was his strongest suit.

Angling himself so he faced downward, he gathered energy for a brief second, then propelled himself with a powerful explosion. When he took off, it was so fast that air molecules combined with dust had gathered, then spread outward in a ring of dust left behind him.

Where he was going, he did not know, just that the Force told him to go this way.

She saw movement on the canyon wall, she did not know what it was, but it looked humanoid, they had found her haven't they, she did not know what to do. She looked for something to use in a fight along with the torch she had made, and she found the sword she had brought with her, nothing fancy, but useful she grabbed it and walked towards the figure on the wall, when the figure entered the light it appeared to have a blueish complexion, and definitely female, but not like any human she had seen before.
"Who goes there!" She said in the most confident voice she could muster
She would wait for a response from the person on the wall.
[member="The Dark Knight"]

Soaring through the skies, Avarice spotted a woman at the base of the canyon ground. Near her was another being that seemed to be scaling downward, aiming for the other it would appear. Slowly bringing himself to a vertical halt, he hovered mid place as he watched them.

Was this why the Force had sent him here? What was there to profit from this? Neither seemed overly rich by the looks of them...

Shrugging mentally, he rocketed to the ground near the duo. Slamming down with a boom so loud it could be called an explosion, the hulking beast strode forward cockily. His inhuman eyes took in the one whom drew her sword, then the other as well. If it came down to it, he could take both with little issue he guessed. But it was unlikely that the Force had sent him here for that reason.

Unless one could be held for ransom.

[member="Kara Blackmoor"][member="Lady Sovereign"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
There is a disturbance in the Force. It is not Dark, and it is not Light. It is Dathomir, home of the witches...I guess today is as good of a day as any to seek it out.

Evan touched down his starship close by the canyon-like valley that [member="Kara Blackmoor"] found herself seemingly trapped within. Perhaps it was the sudden anxiety and stress from her that cause Evan to feel a ping in the Force, that acted so much like sonar to one so attuned to the Force after so many years in isolation.

But the unfamiliar presence was not alone. No, Evan could feel nothing from [member="Lady Sovereign"], of whom he had no idea was even on Dathomir after their meeting on that strange, icy fringe-world where he became convinced to come out of isolation and try to make something of himself again through 'The Void'. There was a darker presence. It felt Sith.

Of few things, Evan hated Sith. He disliked Jedi as well, but Sith were something completely cruel and destructive that the galaxy would be better off without. Evan went for the lightsaber on his belt and came across the valley, now having visual contact with the woman he sensed upon his arrival and the darker one. He could not see the form of Lady Sovereign just yet, but he saw the dark presence make itself known by hurling himself through the air and slamming near to them, most likely with the intention to harm.

Can't let a Sith get his way, can we?

Evan trusted in his newfound ability with the Force, be it light, dark, or a combination. He used it, leaping off of the wall and into the valley near [member="The Dark Knight"]. He shouted to gain the beast's attention, spying the woman on the other side of him as well. "I thought I smelled darkness. Face me, Bringer of Death, for I am your challenger, not this woman!" he shouted, igniting his lightsabed. From the emitter spat forth a blade of gold, pointing it at the monster as a taunt.

"Unless the Dark Side has only taught you to be a...coward?"

There came at least one time in every persons life when they questioned everything about themselves...rather it was who that were...where they had come from...or even where they were going. Every young person had to walk the path of self discovery where they truly 'found themselves'...some walked the path of light...others the darkness. Others simply dismissed either side and lived life on the edge...bounty hunters, assassins, mercenaries and pirates. It seemed there was no one who ever desired to seek the truth...

But, in the galaxy they lived in today the truth seemed to be a rather fickle thing...almost like smoke. Everytime you reached out to touch it the damn thing just slipped through your fingers. But if one dedicated themselves then they would realize what it took to catch smoke...

You breath it in...inhale it through your lunges and trap it within yourself. That was the one way to catch smoke...and Winter had caught it...after so many years she no longer saw the truth...she 'felt' it. In her very soul...every fiber of her being.

And as the cloaked woman hit the bottom of the canyon she looked to the east to see another being dropping from its top as well...Winter grimaced with disinterest...scoffing a bit and turning her back to the unknown force as she made her way into the lonely cave...her crimson gaze landed upon the young girl who seemed to be the cause of such a disturbance. Her voice lacking dominance as she demanded to know who she was...Winter frowned...her face exposed from the light of the makeshift fire Kara had made for herself.

"I'm just a nobody...working to become somebody." Winter replied coldly...the stone of the earth cooling her bare feet as her thick slender legs remained exposed through the slit of her cloth that hugged her curvy hips...paying little mind to the scuffle outside. Even was here...good to know she had an ally among Dathomir. Others probably lingered in its eerie mist...

"And what of you girl? What troubles your mind?" Winter asked, a bit more motherly this time as her expression remained cold and emotionless. She found herself...rather amused by the young girl before her.

Turning on his heel, Avarice faced the man that approached. When he had said his piece, he would see an insane, dark, and sinister grin spread across his face. It showed to much teeth, and the sight alone had caused many to fear him. Stepping closer, he arched a brow, comically to high, to the point it could cause pain to the normal beings that did not bear his physical abilities.

"You are rather..." He paused, then his grin grew even further, to an entirely impossible proportion, "Abrasive. I like that. Are you sure that this is what you want? I don't frequently battle for no profit, but for one whom calls me coward? I will go out of my way."

Holding his right hand outward, palm up, an odd sight began to unfold; slowly the wind began to swirl, condensing until a ball of air could be seen. It was his version of Kinetite, and when thrown was like being hit by a cannonball!

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Kara was half scared to death by the flying person who magically appeared out of nowhere, he looked intimidating, and then the chiss man jumped from the ledge above and challenged him to a duel apparently. Kara had no idea what was going on, and she was scared for her life at this point. Then as the other woman spoke she thought about what she was going to say. What ever she said could completely change this woman's impression of her, though she knew the the truth would always come out, especially out of her. She took a seat near the woman.
"I was disowned by my clan due to some stupid mistake that i made, and now i am running from everything." She said ignoring the ongoing battle.
[member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Evan had drawn the attention of the beast, which was what he wanted. Now, however, he could feel the fear the monster imposed. Damn fool, Evan. You and your selfless actions. No doubt, Evan felt afraid. Fear stabbed the back of his mind as the monster spoke and approached. It reminded him of the last time he battled an agent of the Dark Side during the latest Sacking of the Sith Academy on its steps.

This time, I won't give in so easily

He didn't even know what he was fighting for. Just to spite the beast, a servant of the Dark Side which he hated so much? For that woman he didn't even know? Perhaps. He would see if he would chase this beast away the reason for his action, as well as to test the limits of his ability after so long in isolation.

The monster threw up a hand and unleashed some kind of wave of wind at Evan. In response, he threw up his own hand and hurled a Force Push directly through the gust, sending a much lighter, less dense blast of air around him that was enough to make him stagger back slightly, but not enough to rend the blue flesh from his bones.

Is it wise to charge? Bah, feth it, he's half nude and doesnt have a lightsaber...but he could probably break me in half with his fingers

"The Dark Side is wrong! I've felt it! Do not serve in the darkness!" he shouted, merely standing his ground with his golden lightsaber in hand, ready to defend himself against another attack.

Winter could see something in the young girls golden flecked optics...she saw confusion and doubt...self loathing. The sin of Sloth manifested in the girls eyes and the Ice Queen felt some kind of connection to the girl. The way the worryingly looked past Winter and towards the boys outside going through their little scuffle...WInter could hear Evan shouting some nonsense that made the blue skinned woman sigh deeply before gazing to the floor as Kara took a seat beside her. And as she explained her situation Winter merely frowned and crossed her arms over those rather ample mounds.

"Hmm...how distasteful. The very culture i sought to revitalize continues to do the one thing that dug them into the grave they are in...disowning their future." She grumbled, rolling her eyes so far that it looked like she was looking at her ass...the cloaked woman shook her head from side to side before looking into the flames that Kara had made for herself. Simply inhaling a breath before exhaling.

"Running...running will only get you so far. Cause no matter how fast or how far you go. You will constantly be tripping over stones." She explained truthfully before looking over her shoulder at the two nonsensical men squabbling outside.

"I would suggest that you stop running...and start walking. When you run, far to much passes you by." She said coldly...averting her gaze back to the younger witch. Hoping she would understand the meaning behind her words.

Well that was deep. Kara was able to understand most of it, she needs to think about her options. She was banished, this made another dent in her already crushed self esteem, it has been crushed so much it has become a black hole, sucking in any boost of confidence or self esteem she can get, she has no hope for her future, she sometimes just wants to give up, she has no reason to keep going. Though something has kept her going, she cant pin her finger on it, maybe it was the force, maybe it was just the part of her brain that was not drowned in low self esteem telling her to go on. She did not know she did not care. The small cave where Kara had made her camp was fairly dry and smooth, there were not many stalactites or stalagmites

Kara rolled up into a ball by the fire trying to keep warm and ignore the ongoing fight going on outside.

"I just don't know what options i have right now, getting banished does not really give you much time to think through them." She said looking down at her feet in a sort of ashamed way, she was ashamed of herself and everyone within 10 miles probably knew it too, she did not know why her life came to be like this, but now she was the young hermit who lived in the canyon, she needed some purpose in her life.
[member="Evan Kenner"]

(Lol Kinetite is actually a ball of condensed energy. Not a gust. Also, he didn't throw it. Just got it ready. But I'll work with it lol)

The man had managed a meager defense against his attack, but it meant little to him. This wasn't a true battle yet. As it was, the kid seemed to think that he could talk Avarice out of his self serving ways. Little did he know it would never happen.

"Serve the Darkside?" He asked, the impossibly large grin still in place, "No, the Darkside serves me. I learned long ago to bend it to my will, and it will continue to do so, as long as there is a profit to earn!" Unlike the average darksider of this universe, he legitimately only wanted control so he could be rich. It was his earnest goal, to own everything of value in the cosmos. Including people, places, and things, all in the encumbering goal.

"Say, do you have anything of value? Other than your life I mean."

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
The Dark Knight said:
"...slowly the wind began to swirl, condensing until a ball of air could be seen."
Sorry, looked like it was described that way to me

"The Dark Side can't be controlled...only Sith arrogance makes a man believe it can be. If you'd pull your head out of your-" he stopped, shaking his head and lifting his lightsaber back into position. "Oh, what's the use? Monsters don't see reason.

"Do I have anything of value?" Evan asked seemingly to himself. He had to admit, giving something valuable up in order to spare a fight sounded reasonable, and it would probably get the beast to leave and spare the other woman who had disappeared into a nearby cave. His crimson eyes passed along to his lightsaber, which he actually considered. He could just build a new one...though, without access to an Academy or Temple, where would he get the parts? Was it worth it? Would he trust this monster?

"The only thing of value I own is this weapon...If it will get your greedy soul away from that woman...it's yours." he said with a bit of a snarl in his voice. Dammit, Evan, you still cling to Jedi teachings...

(Lol that was an easier way of describing. The real version is electricity, like sith lightning, but this version is air molecules condensed until they almost fuse together to make a physical ball of air energy.)

Avarice chuckled. The man had actually, honestly, made him laugh. A lightsaber? This was not what he had believed he would find. When he asked for value, it had been more of a legitimate value, not personal appeal. Yet even this, though useless to himself, could be worth just as much as an actual item.

Personal value still meant something, even if not a lot. Though that was just it. It only mattered a little more than nothing.

"How about this. I will leave them alone." He called, "Trust me, I am a man of my word as well." He paused, "In exchange, you offer yourself to slavery. You do everything, and anything, I say and they will be spared of whatever it is you believe was going to happen here!"

[member="Evan Kenner"]

Evan Kenner

The Wrong Side of Heaven
Slavery?

Evan's face lit up, but was soon replaced by a sinister snarl again. "A slave to a monster who bends to the Dark Side's will? Feth you. I don't bend the knee to the Dark Side anymore. I will bend to those I respect, and you...you demand respect, so you will get none from me!" he said, spinning and releasing his lightsaber in a wide Lightsaber Throw, the swathe of gold soaring through the air in the beast's direction.

@The Dark Knight

The Ice Queen felt very little pity for the girl...her struggle was one many others had felt before and got over with relative ease. And as Kara grovelled in the dirt Winter merely scoffed in distaste and looked over her shoulder back at the two men outside who seemed to be having a little chat...Turning her gaze back to the young Witch she narrowed her eyes at Kara's words, frowning a bit before shaking her head. Did she really believe her options were that limited? Of all the creatures in the galaxy who had suffered their entire lives and still to this day managed to find purpose she for some reason could not? Winter scowled at the girl and clenched her fist.

"Your struggles are an empty sham girl. No one gives a damn about your problems because no matter how bad you think you have it someone out there has it one hundred times worse. Get out of the bloody dirt and put your karkin shoulders up and quit being a pansy. Wallow in self pity when you have the time for it." She growled coldly, turning her back to the girl and slowly exiting the cave. The Ice Queen did not have the time to play mother bear right now with a scuffle going on right outside the door.

"If it is options you desire girl, The Awoken have plenty. So if you want to escape this place, i suggest you follow me." Winter explained, her crimson gaze finding the alien creature ahead of her still speaking with the Chiss...who seemed rather frustrated at the moment. Winter rolled her eyes so far that it looked like she was looking at her ass before pressing a button from within her cloak...

The Ice Queen strutted towards the two...her wide hips swaying like a pendulum as she walked right past [member="Avarice"] without sparing him so much as a glance of acknowledgment. Ghosting the creature and looking at the Chiss with empty eyes.

"If you two are done playing like a couple of children...we are leaving now." Winter scowled as if the Chiss were her son.

Well that hurt. But the strange woman did have a point, and to Kara, anything was better than here, she needed somewhere where people were not chasing her down, this was her chance to get better, to actually do something with her life. She just wanted to get off of Dathomir, and if rhis woman was willing to take Kara away from it, she would go with her.

Kara stood up and followed the woman, it is strange how the woman was breaking up the fight, she just walked up and told them to stop, as if she was a mother telling her kids to stop fighting, but any way to stop this fight was a good way. Kara just stood somewhat behind the woman without interfering, this was not her business as of now. For now she would wait to see where they would be going, as long as it was not here, she did not care.
[member="Evan Kenner"]
[member="Avarice"]

Avarice simply leaned back, far enough to break his back - of course by now his opponent must realize that acts such as these meant little to him. When he righted himself, he to ignored the woman, until the beastly thing attempted to talk to his opponent. Holding out a hand, he caught the thrown lightsaber in his tk, as it began its return. Flipping it so it was blade first, he hurled it like a spear straight for her back.

He hated pretentious people. Woman, male, or other. So far as he could see, he was the only dark being here, yet even he didn't believe himself that far above the rest of the galaxy. It was ridiculous to simply put someone down, then expose your back, but also to demand they follow you!

He would snapped her like a twig if she had said such things to him! Insult, then demand. Feh.

While the spear-like-lightsaber lurched forward, he also raised a hand to summon another ball of Kinetite. This to he launched at the woman's back. It would teach her to interrupt where she was not wanted as well.

He also wouldn't get into how illogical it was to wish so badly to keep a being from doing something, to instantly lash out. Which too made no sense.

[member="Kara Blackmoor"][member="Lady Sovereign"][member="Evan Kenner"]

Bright crimson eyes narrowed in a scowl as she looked over the Chiss...however, she was not ignorant. She knew the being behind her was violent and was more likely to attack than stand there and keep to himself...the thrown lightsaber did not go unnoticed, and when the sudden whirling of the plasma blade subsided, Winter lifted her foot and quickly stomped it onto the ground behind her...the force of the impact forcing a large pillar of solid earth to blade from the surface just as the pink creature hurdled the blade towards her back...the timing would be spot on, launching the blade into the air and the earth creating a wall between them...

And as the lightsabre fell back down to earth Winter snatched it out of the air...deactivating it and twisting her body around and slamming her foot into the wall of earth she had shaped...the impact powerful enough to unhinge it and send it smashing into her opponent at near blinding speed...she was pretty sure that the 'knight' would end up flying away or using some other god-like power to obliterate the foot two foot solid chunk of rock speeding at him from a point blank distance but frankly she was not trying to really fight him...

Once she kicked the chunk of earth, she shoved the discarded weapon into the Chiss's chest and narrowed her eyes. Back pedaling and remaining light on her feet as her shuttle hovered in the clouds overhead...putting some distance between her and the demon spawn. Her gaze flicked to Kara...hoping she would follow Winter and not turn her back to the opponent.

[member="Avarice"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom