Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Winter Calling [Part II]

Himmeldal
2981-Snow-Falling-On-Trees.gif
Heavy eyes lids open only to let in a piercing pain a result for the morning light filtering through the window by his bed. Théo turned his head away as the stabbing cut his head. A soft groan escaped his lips, he felt like he had been on the mead all night, or hit by a speeder, his body aching. At this point he had forgotten, but rolling on his side to attempt to get out of bed reality soon kicked in as the pain in his side set him back. He lost breath just for a moment, sat still so not to cause any more hurt to himself, he looked down to his side only to see a bandage wrapped around his torso and a brown patch of old blood that had seeped through the cloth.

The event of the hunt returned to his memory.

He looked around his room, suddenly aware he was here and that is was impossible for him to be. Questions entered his mind, he knew he had not walked or crawled to the house, he remembers the brilliant light glowing among the forest and that had to be it. Belawir.

But that was impossible too. Wasn't it?

He leaned a hand on the side table, and pushed himself up to his feet, his legs very unstable beneath his weight and they trembled threatening to give way. Bent over Théo remained in place adjusting to the pain he feels before he permitted himself to stand erect. Slow unsure steps took him to the window, a hand resting against the pane for support, he looked outside to see the first snow fall of summer.

"How long have I been here?", he asked the snow drift, which would never answer. The fact was, it had been three days ...

One hand holding his side, the other using the wall as support as he walked slowly down the stairs. He craned his head to look into the main room looking to see if there was someone in the house. His force senses did not indicate there was, he was alone, but he could not fathom how he found himself in his bed and his wound cleaned and dressed. It had to have been the work of Belawir, he had seen him appear in the forest after all, but as strong as the Hart was, he would not be able to bring Théo to the house, or aid his injuries. So, had Belawir summon someone? It was the only possible explanation and they might still be in the house.

"Any.. any one here?", his low voice called out, but regardless of what the force told him, he had to be sure and there was no reply of course. Finally, he found his feet on the surface of the main room, making his way to the sofa Théo sat fatigued from the continue ache in his side, he would see to the wound now however and slowly he unwound the bandage around his torso. Once his wound was exposed he examined it, there was fresh blood seeping through the scab that had formed, due to his movement but the skin around it looked angry which was a sign of infection setting it. Théo is no healer in the force, something he would have to fix in the future but for now he had to rely on the 'old' remedies of Midvinter and that taught to him by his grand father.

49904200-healing-herbs-in-hessian-bags-mortar-and-bottles-of-tincture-or-oil-herbal-medicine.jpg

Slowly he had his way to the kitchen, he knew in the pantry mother kept the herbs for healing and cooking however, when he passed the cooling room he opened the door, something in his mind made him do it and low and behold, there was the boar hanging cured. Théo stood in disbelief for a moment, although it had given his evidence that a mortal being had aided him but the identity of that person would remain unknown.

He found what he looked for on the shelves a small basket would do to gather them. Placing the herbs on the bench he began to prepare them in the mortar and pestle slowly grinding them into a paste before he would apply it to the wound.

He sat on the long seat in the kitchen, holding the paste and immediately felt the effects calm his flesh, a sense of relief rippled through his body and set his mind at ease. Yet, this whole exercise had exhausted him and as soon as he was able he would sleep on the sofa by the fire.

He puffed out his cheeks, as he pulled the bundle of wood firmly under his arm. Trudging through the newly fallen snow, Alfr made his way back to Théo's house, upon reaching the door his free hand pushed it open before he entered, following him the cold and bitter winter that whistled around Himmeldal today. The flames in the fire on the hearth erupted up the chimney with the sudden feed of air and caused the embers to glow bright red.

"Ah!, you are awake finally", he said as he passed Théo sitting on the sofa with one hand on his side holding something to his wound. Alfr began to feed the fire placing the wood still damp on the hot embers, the sizzle of the water sounded and bubbled as it pulled from the wood and formed steam. He pulled the large kettle over the flame to boil the water for the brew, before he stood up with hands on hips and finally turned to look at Théo with a smile, and finding a bewildered gaze looking back at him.

"I suppose you are wondering how I got here", he reach over to the small table on which Théo had more of the paste of herbs. Giving them a smell, he nodded his approval of the mixture, "Hey that is a good paste, who taught you that?".

Théo looked to the door and back to Alfr as if he was still in a dream, and any moment now he would awake, yet his friends arrival was real enough and welcomed. Eventually a smile broken on Théo's face, "Aye", he said trying very hard not to laugh as it hurt incredibly. "How did you find me? .. I am sure there is a story to tell", he asked leaning back against the sofa, still fatigued through pain.

"My .. my grand father taught me how to mix the herbs ..", he replied to Alfr's question who stood a little wide eyed knowing who Théo's Sire was and it was odd to him to refer to the former High King in such a familiar fashion. He nodded his head however, knowing the hurt of the heart his friend stills hold within him.

Alfr turned his attention back to the water which was now at boiling point and ready, he would make them both a tea and gather some food, as Théo required it to help with the healing, before he would tell his story.

"How long have I been out to it?", he asked, as time had escaped him and although the hunt had been something tied to the present season of Solstice he had to get better in order to prepare for the journey ahead of them. It was only a couple of weeks before he would join his Uncle and Father on the rite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom