Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Wild Space Deck Sweeper Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.
aca635fd53014f04d2915c92da4bbd75.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: To create a shotgun for spacers.
  • Image Source: Here
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Wild Space Arms Company
  • Model: N/A
  • Affiliation: Open-Market
  • Modularity: Yes
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material: Durasteel, Duraplast
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Assault Shotgun
  • Size: Handheld
  • Length: 50 cm
  • Weight: 14.0 kg
  • Ammunition Type: Shotgun Rounds (Variable sizes)
  • Ammunition Capacity: 30 Rounds
  • Effective Range: 50m
  • Rate of Fire: Fully Automatic
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Extended Drum mag
  • Upper Rail for attachments
  • Upper Receiver and Barrel can swap for different Gauge shells
Strengths:
  • Full auto spray
  • Superior ammo capacity
Weaknesses:
  • Short Range
  • Can Jam
  • High Recoil
DESCRIPTION

Wild Space Arms Company felt that they needed to move on to other markets. With the Outback weapons line filled out to their liking, they turned their eyes to automatic weapons. The first in line is the Deck Sweeper Shotgun.

A fully auto shotgun, that can spray 30 rounds in a minute, it is a terrifying weapon indeed. The strengths of the weapon is it's modularity, speed of attack, and recoil.

Drawbacks are that it can jam as all auto systems can. It also does not do well in an extreme environments such as below Zero or high grit areas. Also recoil makes it difficult to stay on target during prolonged bursts.

It is typically used for home or ship defense and excels in CQB.

Hala Jast said:
Strengths: Full auto spray of death
I'd probably change "full auto spray of death" just to "full auto": you never know what you'll encounter in Star Wars Chaos, and we don't necessarily want people thinking that this will instantly kill something like a Exogorth.

Hala Jast said:
Strengths: Full auto spray of death Superior ammo capacity Low Recoil Weaknesses: Short Range Can Jam
It's characteristics look a little unbalanced to me right now.

Typically full-auto guns have a lot of recoil unless they're firing very low-powered cartridges. I'd recommend either changing "low recoil" to something like heavy recoil and move it to the weaknesses, or add something like low-powered shots to the weaknesses section.

[member="Gir Quee"]

That's why the inertial compensator was added. Specifically why. Could you throw me a bone and pick another weakness out of the hat?

Edited the full spray of death thing.

[member="Hala Jast"], as long as balance is maintained, I'm open to proposals.

Typically firearms have the following characteristics to consider in design:

Power per shot:
Rate of Fire:
Ammunition Capacity:
Range:
Recoil:
Ability to accessorize:
Ammunition modularity:

With the exception of range, the decksweeper is good in all of these other characteristics. One of these characteristics will need to decrease for this to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom