Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Knew We Owned Eight Thousand Salad Plates?

Jorga the Hutt

When life gives you Mandos, make Mando'ade
It is not an especially dark time for Iron Crown Enterprises. The Foundation Trust, a shadowy cabal of investors and ideologues, has purchased a controlling interest in the former Fringe Confederation parastatal. In partnership with ICE's former owner, Darell Irani, the Foundation Trust has embarked on a low-key but intensely ambitious project.

Before that project can begin, however, the disparate elements of ICE's assets must be reconciled. Stock must be taken. And thus, Rel Connory, once Senator of Eshan, sits at a desk covered in datacards, reviewing blueprints and taking notes.

***​
The Chimaera. Unique, currently believed to be in Primeval hands. ICE modified it extensively. Useful points: stygium cloak, energy torpedo projectors.

The Chrysalide-class command ship. Unique, currently believed to be in primeval hands. Collaborative effort with Lussk and RDI for obsolete political reasons.

Finality-class supertransport. Helpless, wallowing nonsense, but capable of dropping a quarter of a million troops -- or twelve hundred Hammer variants. Flag for further consideration.

The Aether Dreamer. Unique, currently believed to be in SSC hands. Sole ICE production. Useful points: stygium cloak. Flag for further consideration.

Aeron medium bomber. Subach design, ICE produced. There was a significant legal dispute over this and all other Subach-designed, ICE-produced vessels when Subach was ejected from Fringe space. ICE/Fringe just kept producing them. Unsure what to do with them. Image? Does anyone care? Are these ships any good? Examine later.

Tempest light bomber. See Aeron.

Aeseth SSF. See Aeron.

Tetrica assault fighter. See Aeron.

Resolute-class supercarrier. Made exclusively for Fringe. Still competitive. Flag for further consideration.

Detryte heavy bomber. See Aeron.

Jorga the Hutt

Spewer-class assault ship. Another Lussk design. Tough, slow, good landing complement. Might be worth a rebranding/mark two. Another Fringe exclusive.

Predator-class battle cruiser. Heavy on the HELIX warheads, the first dedicated HELIX deployment platform. Worth a look. Another Fringe exclusive.

Hammer landing craft. Long skinny flying brick. Worth a look for its interface with the Finality and its interchangeability with the Hammer-B.

Dominance-class dreadnought. Slightly upscaled Permanence battleship. Fringe exclusive. 2km. Only a handful of these were made. Reexamine in concert with Permanence. Both were made to fight Ssi-Ruuvi small craft swarms. Notable: point-defense pressor beams and turadium reinforcements.

Dreadstar II. Unique. Better swept under the rug. Bad history. Collab with RDI, Lussk Logistics, Subach.

Renown-class frigate. Good eyes, bad legs. Patrol ship. Fringe exclusive like most of these.

Lwhekk Aleph-class manufacturing ship. Rights sold to ATC, but were those 100% exclusive? And how mad are the Ssi-Ruuk about this? Further research required. At the very least we need to replace these.

Jorga the Hutt

Animus-class Assault Courier. Rights sold to ATC. Make sure they were 100% exclusive. Nice little ship.

Permanence-class battleship. Still holds up well enough at first glance. Designed to kill Ssi-Ruuvi warfleets and serve in WOB tactics. Turadium reinforcements, point-defense pressors -- this might be the first ship whereon those were ever used. Ranger transceiver - excellent.

Wasp-B. Specialty modification of the Subach Wasp. Undergunned. Notable for being armed solely with ion cannons. Rehash concept?

Diathim interceptor. See Aeron.

Eighth Blade. Simple custom refit of a Silk Tempus Ardet.

Sanguinem Comitissa. Lie down with dogs...this is a PR mess. We made this? Strip out the universal energy cages and scrap. Useful but we can't use it.

Saratoga-class shieldship. Prototype that saw years of service. OP's is better. Look into a new generation.

The Coldharbor. Unique refit of an obsolete Republic SD. Believed to be in Primeval hands.

Anathema-class LSD. First Fringe LSD. Broadside/WOB optimized. See how it stacks up. Ranger transceiver - excellent.

Solar Spear assault barge. Collab with someone called Ascendant Industries. Fel Empire connections. Very durable, insanely undergunned.

Artemis-class starfighter. Standard elite fighter (slow TIE/D). Ascendant, Fel.

Hades-class gunship. Not a bad little ship. Ascendant, Fel. Quick small gunship, decent and versatile loadout, nothing spectacular. Flag for further consideration.

Seroth-class frigate. Only two ever made, both believed to be in Primeval hands. Agrocite guns, stygium cloak. Very nasty, very stealthy. For killing command ships from inside their own hangars. Speed nothing to write home about. Look into this. We may still own them.

Jorga the Hutt

Gehenna-class frigate. A bit undergunned. Used for in-atmo, low-altitude fire support. Basically a huge tank 40m tall. Not terribly interesting. Ripoff of a CIS design.

The Lightbringer. Another black deal. Some very interesting tech here, and some connections and implications I'm hesitant to poke.

Sekairo-class stealth transport. Totally vanilla small personnel transport -- except for the nearly comprehensive stealth suite and stygium cloak. Look into this.

Bobison-class world defender. At first glance, it's a basic orbital defense platform, frigate scale. But this has Warren's fingerprints on it. Look into this.

The Eclipse Prime. Alen Na'Varro's personal refitted star destroyer. Take another look.

Penumbra-class interdictor. Same mission profile as my Haytham-class, but a totally different way of solving the same problems. Fascinating.

Hammer-B LAC. LACs in general are getting difficult to field. Out of style. But coupled with the Finality...the old 'shotgun from hell' tactic was only employed a couple of times. Look into this, and better uses for the HELIX tech.

Jorga the Hutt

Liberator station. See Lightbringer.

Pyrrhus-class dropship. Nothing special. Made to drop Vornskr APCs. Why cluster missiles and energy torps? Reexamine spaceframe. Anti-blaster aerosol jets could be interesting.

Hood-class fire support cruiser. Insane and obscene. I love it. Six-hundred-metre fully-automatic sniper rifle. Still in service with Techno Union in small quantities.

Aza'zoth-class flak cruiser. This must have been a beast to design, this and its Maelstrom III submunition drones. Intense little ship. Comparable to an upscaled Tenloss flak frigate, though I'd take the Tenloss for a protracted campaign and this for a short-term one.

The Lethewalker. Minimal modifications to a Mandal Hype ship. Not interested.

The Bane of Coruscant. Unique command ship. Whereabouts unknown. Look into this.

Attrition-class LSD Mark One. Hibridium cloak. Acquired from Subach.

The Relentless. Refit of a Silk personal transport. Impervium -- means someone on our payroll has worked with the stuff.

The Grave Wind. Unique small command ship. The Underground stole this one at the Battle of Rakata Beta.

Jorga the Hutt

The Bullet Time. Another black project. Underground. Jorus Merrill.

Attrition-class LSD Mark Two. Better. Might be useful. Good economies of scale, good periscope workaround.

The Mie'yebo. Another black project, personal ship for I. Verd. Take another look at this.

The Tachyon Rising and the Tiburon. Starchaser's ships? ICE did the mods? Interesting.

The Vagrant's Pride. Another black project. So this is what Varanin uses to run around with a low profile. And what's this that got installed in the mess? No power requirements.

And that's everything that took place, in terms of ships, before the Trust moved in. Looks like ICE has been doing well for itself in the aftermarket scene.

My lovely Voidwalker made its point. Now on to new things.

Other people were evaluating the technical side of ICE's manufacturing history. Other people were not Willard Jamaane, seconded VP (Marketing) of iBorg, headed by Selka Ventus, member of the Foundation Trust. Will, fortunately, did not have to handle the ships. Bob from Contracts had drawn that particular duty.

***​
Razorhawk Maneuvering System. Off to a promising start. Who else offers flight you can control with your hands and feet, arms and legs? Without the volatility of a jetpack or the mundanity of a repulsorpack? Liberation. Need to think about liberation. I'll come back to this one.

QQ-4R65 Repulsortank. I know very little about tanks, but I confess the idea of a nonlethal secondary weapons package that ignores shields and armour at short ranges. Who knows? I could be the first to market a humane tank.

Viper E-class stealth armour. Unique, prototype, lost years ago, not my problem.

Mark IF power armour. Part of that whole Subach mess. The less said, the better. Tory in Legal has to handle that. Marsha, remind me to send her flowers.

AT-PW walker. Also pending a note from Legal. The Subach thing.

Torquere Bodysuit. Favored of Fringe interrogators, apparently, which is a problem. Stealthy and slightly BDSM. Niche. Note to self: talk to Donna in Logistics; she's into that.

Akure-class Parabolic Artillery Tank. Seismic charges? I've seen the footage of the battle outside Jar'Kai on Atrisia. So have a lot of people. This tank is virtually a WMD. But the job's the job, and the Akure is undeniably effective at the one thing it does. Sitting nuna in any other circumstance. Need to talk to tank experts. Do we have tank experts?

Will's notes continued.

***​
SRR-01 rifle. The underbarrel is a Ssi-Ruuvi paddle beamer that accepts only Ssi-Ruuvi ammunition. I can market nonlethal. I cannot market 'fuelled by the trapped souls of the damned.' I believe we're overdue for an SRR-02.

SAP walker. I cannot imagine an uglier vehicle. Why is it on legs? Forwarding this to the vehicle department along with the rest. This is not a centrepiece product.

Maelstrom-class siege walker. Insectile. Can't really work with that. Dominant, though. Waiting on a reply from Jethro in Engineering over whether this is any good. Certainly looks decent, I suppose.

F10 Enforcer. Utterly mundane scattergun. Below my pay grade.

Area-S1 Standard Armor Variants. The armor that conquered the Unknown Regions. Well, at least it's recognizable.

LL-IWS. A Lussk design, apparently. A compound weapons system that, well, see above.

Legionnaire Battle Armor. Same problem, same advantage. This stuff is ubiquitous across the UR, and not in a good way.

BRKR-12 Taserblade. Elegant, in a brutal sort of way. Also ubiquitous throughout former Fringe territory.

Derriphan's Eye. Discontinued when our alchemy department merged with AEI. Collector's items, now.

Strategic Mobile Platform (SMP). Who names these things? This looks like a drunken, obese spider. Its only benefits are its medical suite and its area shield. Hang on...why aren't we selling these to Silver Cross and other front-line health care providers? Updated versions, of course; the SMP is an early design and too often used on the wrong sort of battlefield.

CRAR tank. CNAR tank. I don't do tanks, but these

Iron Skin. A co-op with BlasTech, and they sell well. Can go glamorous easily enough, I suppose. Sex sells, especially in Jedi directions.

Shasot'taral. Bespoke armour. Uninterested.

Exedo armour. Bespoke. Uninterested.

X-17 sniper rifle, X-5 assault rifle, D-7 blaster pistol. Same issues as the other ubiquitous Fringe technology. It's already everywhere that it's going to sell.

Eol Sha Fireworm armour. Fabulous, elite, but only a few suits made. Could look into this again. Fireworms can't possibly be unique to Eol Sha.

Viscera Scattergun. Corkscrew vibro-bayonet, shoots transparisteel shrapnel and explosive acid. A terror weapon. Let's not.

Rings of Aza'zoth. Collectibles, now. See Derriphan's Eye.

Stardust's Arm - Bespoke prosthetic. We're in prostheses? Interesting, from an iBorg perspective.

Kaine's Cortosis Gauntlets - Let's not get too close to the Zambrano regime, shall we? History notwithstanding?

GT-F0 Anti-Boarding Droid - A treasure and a joy, or so I'm told. Nonlethal weaponry, cortosis plating, advanced facial recognition routines, disguised as humble astromechs. I can work with this, but only with select customers. The whole point of the GT-F0 is that nobody knows they exist.

HELIX Warhead - This is a vicious and indiscriminate weapon that cannot be used anywhere near inhabited worlds. Frankly, I can't think of anyone we want to sell this to.

Vornskr APC - Did the rights to this get sold? I'm seeing a notation that it was once put for auction - research required. For that, I have interns.

Terentatek commando armour - Bespoke. Used to be a showpiece for Dak Canton, public face of ICE/AEI. Old campaign, interesting response. Moving on.

Ashin Varanin's armour - Bespoke. Let's not associate ourselves with her without dire need, anyways.

Hellbore Cannon - I'm reliably informed that this weapon is amazing. There are whole capital ships built around this. Do we plan on selling it separately? As a ground installation perhaps? The footage is sort of beautiful -- a pulse every second, concentric rings of emitters rotating conversely.

Dark Herald armour - Bespoke, uninterested. Akk dog isn't in season.

B1-TM3 countermeasures package - Could market this to the Ithorians for their herd ships. Between the null-burst projector technology from the tanks and the paddle beam technology from the Ssi-Ruuk, it strikes me that ICE has a decent portfolio of nonlethal options.

Kusanagi armor - Bespoke, uninterested. No, that's not fair. I'll send all these bespoke pieces to an Engineering/Couture tiger team and see what happens.

ICA-AS - A unique scattergun. See Terentatek armor.

Outrider T-2000 Otherdrive - Is Otherspace marketable? To ATC and Aurora and ICE, certainly. The loss of Jen'asha Station was a blow, it seems, but we do have a monopoly on Otherdrive tech that doesn't do terrible things to a ship's other systems. Otherspace...what a risky, unseemly place. The risks of Charon invasion alone? From a simple propagation of hyperdrive tech -- any hyperdrive?But that's not my department. All I need to know is what direction the Trust wants to take with this tech, and then I can draft a strategy. Meeting on this, Taungsday. Note it, Marsha.

Emperor's Reach prosthetic arm - another one. Collab with NeuroSaav and AEI. All tied up in Legal.

Peregrine Field Disruptor - This? This, I can work with. Barely anyone has anything like this. The Mandalorians are just starting to catch up. Fly through shields -- any shields. The urge to escape is ubiquitous. Freedom. That's how we sell this, and the Otherdrive, and the Razorhawk. We're ICE, we bring you the Unknown Regions, we bring you freedom. I can work with this.

Mr. Jamaane, you should know that the Peregrine Field Disruptor is designed for piracy and planetary invasion. - Marsha

Really? We can still work with that, can't we? Raiders are free - freewheeling, freebooting. Isn't it all more or less the same thing? Liberation! No limits! Fly through shields!

The Peregrine is also derived from Atrisian Imperial drop pods, Mr. Jamaane. The technology has generally been used for wholesale conquest. - Marsha

Oh well, needs must.

Eagle Eye Analytics Kit - Wonderful little tool for travelers, explorers, vacationers -- the ICE marketing team has absolutely dropped the ball on this.

Raptor ACES Shieldcutter - Short-range charged-particle turbolaser equivalent. Very good against shields, very poor against hulls. Good paired with ion cannons. The nonlethal angle again!

Mr. Jamaane, people in the Unknown Regions aren't terribly concerned with nonlethal defense. They just want to be alive. Shieldcutters are for reassurance, not for scruples. - Marsha

Well, as you say, Marsha, certainly.

White Iron Essential Facility Shield Generator - Double-layered emplacement shield -- you know, I see your point Marsha.

It's about safety. Security. Everyone's afraid to create or build. Someone's always going to come take what you love. - Marsha

Yes, thank you. That's exactly the point to which I was referring.

Sonic Visualization Eyepiece -- Well this is marvelous. To overcome personal cloaking devices? Just outstanding.

Safety. - Marsha

Solid Fuel/Ration Converter - The PR possibilities are limitless. We put a thousand of these on Trevel'ka out of our pocket change and we're heroes.

Grandiloquent today, are we sir? - Marsha
Perhaps a tad. Let's see what else we have here.

Vaapad Lesson - You're kidding me. ICE owns the patent to a cocktail?
You'd be surprised what a Jedi will pay for a Vaapad Lesson. I'm told the going rate is a thousand credits, a pre-owned lightsabre, or one and a half hot tub excursions. And I have that from Donna, who'd know. - Marsha

Well, do-ro'ik Vong pratte and all that, I suppose. Next?

Damocles Experimental Zero-Point Module -- Marsha, tell me we're nowhere near one of these.

No, Mr. Jamaane, they're all kept at the Spires of Hell, I believe. That's thirty thousand light-years from here. - Marsha

Good. I can't market this. At all. Let's move on.

Ostrine Brass Knuckles - Barbaric, yet elegant. Like a model in fur carrying a flint sword.

Evocative, Mr. Jamaane. On an unrelated note, your medication has arrived. - Marsha

Send it right in.

MANPAC - They must have quite good reflexes to use something like this against incoming grenades and artillery shells, mustn't they? Or were they planning to use this with some sort of CIWS? En masse? This seems incomplete.

I see your medication is kicking in. - Marsha

You know, you don't have to sign every note.
Oh, but I do, Mr. Jamaane. You might reformat the document and then you wouldn't know which parts were yours and which were mine. -Marsha

Point taken. You know, I feel positively effervescent.

D.E.R.P. - A battle droid fired by proton torpedo? What is in the water out here?

Daedalus version two - Well this is quite a bit more stable, isn't it. Stable, reliable energy just pulled out of quantum vacuum.

Cross-Tech System - A backpack? For use with the Razorhawk. Capital. And wetsuits and vacuum suits and so forth. Utilitarian.

Oh dear, now come the dubious acquisitions.

I'm here for you. - Marsha

Don't patronize me.

Of course not, Mr. Jamaane. - Marsha

Annihilator-class boarding shuttle - bought at auction from Subach. Let's not.

Scalpel-class interceptor - another Suback acquisition, with a Ganathan lightning gun. Might be able to do something with that.

Sharyd-class race fighter - insanely fast, no weapons. How is this a fighter. How are we not selling this everywhere from Vorzyd to...a very far away place?

Are you feeling quite all right, Mr. Jamaane? - Marsha

Capital.

Squib Tensor Rifle - Potentially interesting. Underutilised. Unknown Regions tech.

Ganathan Lightning Gun, Starfighter-Scale. Short range, powerful blast, wide field of fire, grabs the target and holds on for dear life. Well that's evocative, I must say. Another Subach number.

Mace Kinetic Energy Weapon. Turadium impact shot sends starfighters reeling out of control. Fully automatic at over six shots per second. Low damage, high chaos. Oh, how nice. Also Subach. Also nonlethal.

ICE Wild Space Kit -Contains one Microlab, one Antidote Synthesizer, one Hypoinjector Wristband, six tubes of Fire Paste, two Portable Beacons, a Personal Translator, a Plastent, a 6-pack of Subsonic Field Emitters, and a Sonar Mapper. Man-portable in a single full-size backpack (included). Well that's a mouthful and no mistake. Camping gear. We sell...camping gear.
Survival and evacuations. - Marsha

Well, let's pull up the brochure.

Microlab
For portable sample analysis in the field. Handheld or belt attachment.

Antidote Synthesizer
Exactly what it says on the tin. Handheld or belt attachment.

Hypoinjector Wristband
An essential piece of Unknown Regions gear -- protection against poisons and diseases.
Available with Equivox (Devaronian blood poison antidote)

Fire Paste
An explorer's best friend -- low-volatility firestarter and fuel in one.

Portable Beacon
Can mark a location, broadcast a distress signal, or send a recorded message.
Range 10,000km, a full planetary diameter.
Spiky.

Personal Translator
Available as pendant, belt attachment, or wristband.
Capable of audio translation of up to three languages other than Basic.
Standard loadout: Huttese, Sy Bisti, Rammocate (trade languages of the Unknown Regions)

Plastent
High-capacity fungus/insect-resistant portable shelter. Sleeps 4-6 comfortably; easily carried in a backpack.
Comes with small sensor array and inflation apparatus. No identifying features or maker's marks.

Subsonic Field Emitter
Repels small animals and insects, active radius 6m, available in 6-pack for a full camp perimeter.
You never have to wake up to a dinko in your shoe.
Not recommended for use by Gotals.

Sonar Mapper
Map any area effortlessly. 100 metre scan radius, can store 12 hours of readings.
Handheld or belt attachment. Weighs only one kilogram.

And let's see the sales data...oh, my. Well, this isn't good, is it. But this material -- all there is is this brochure?

And the sales to captive markets across the Unknown Regions. - Marsha

Oh, right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom