Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Where the Shadows Lie

KASHYYYK, MIDDAY

Excursions into the forest had become an increasingly regular part of Amani’s free time at Silver Rest. Spending some alone time in nature had done some good for her mind, but in truth, her reasons for journeying had slowly been shifting. Ever since meeting Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova , hearing of the mysteries he spoke of in the Shadowlands, it had piqued her growing curiosity. The Shadowlands were a strange place that people rarely sought to venture. Myths of monsters and other horrors hidden away in its darkest recesses kept those afraid of the unknown far away, even the local Wookies hardly ever traveled far down. Amani’s had been taking her tree-climbing adventures out further and further every time, covering more distance each time, reaching areas that rarely, if ever, saw humanoid interaction until then.

Amani made a long jump across a gap in the branches, hitting the next tree a bit harshly, slamming against the heavy branch with a thud and a noticeable clinking sound. The young Mirialan looked down to see her lightsaber snapping unhooked from her belt, and falling underneath the foliage below. Panicked, she leapt down, following its descent and passing underneath the brush, catching another branch just in time to see an even further fall below. The lightsaber kept dropping, eventually clattering loudly against the forest floor, bouncing and rolling to a slow stop, right at the mouth of a cave. Amani’s gazed followed the hilt, then drew to the cave entrance, fixating on it. And then, it felt like she couldn't look away if she tried.

It called to her.

A sudden plethora of sensations hit her at once. She felt her stomach drop, her skin becoming clammy, and a cold shiver running up her spine. Whatever that cave was, or whatever was in it, shook her to the very core. Through labored breaths, the padawan reached out her free hand, focusing everything she could muster in pulling the lightsaber back up to her, no way was she risking moving any closer than she had to. For a moment it almost felt like something was… pulling back. She strained herself, and abruptly the pull disappeared and the lightsaber propelled back into her grip. Quickly Amani clambered back up the branches and above the lower canopy, wasting no time as she headed back in the direction of Silver Rest. For as much as she tried to brush off what she felt, something lingered in the back of her mind. She could have sworn she heard it, faintly, barely, but it was there, in the cave. A voice.

“Follow…”
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ONE WEEK LATER

Every day since seeing that cave, her thoughts could not help but dwell on it. To those who knew her, she had become increasingly jumpy and distracted, uncharacteristically withdrawn and late for classes.

Last night, Amani awoke in a cold sweat, it had come to her in her dreams. That same voice whispered,

Follow…”

She didn’t leave her room all day. Finally, right as sunset began, Amani crept out into the hall. Most classes had ended, and people were off relaxing or enjoying themselves. She knew there was at least one she could count on being around.

Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova would hear a panicked rapping at the door to his room, and as soon as he opened the door, Amani pushed inside and proceeded to barrage him with a long-winded spiel,

“Hey! I’ve been thinking about a lot of stuff lately, and you know I’ve still been going out into the woods by myself for meditation, right? And well, I think I found something. I don’t know what it is, but you remember that time you found me out there and you talked about something in the Shadowlands bothering you? I don’t know if it’s that, but I found something, and it was really weird, and I can’t. Stop. Thinking. About it. And-”

She paused, catching her breath and wiping the sweat from her brow. She looked into his eyes grimly, distress marking every word she spoke,

“This is probably a lot to ask, but… would you come with me? You’re the only one that I know would understand what I’m talking about. Who knows, we might both be able to find out, I dunno, something.”

Last edited:
OBJECTIVE - A friend visits!

Where: Kashyyyk
Why: To help Amani!
Wearing/Wielding: Fate & Robes
When: Sunset
With: Amani Serys Amani Serys

Aurelion was in the midst of packing up his belonging for the Order's move to Commenor, idly making sure everything was put away correctly as he adjusted his Lightsaber at his side. Aurelion was, thusly, more than a little surprised as there was a frantic rapping at his door. A knock, knock knocking at his chamber door. He briefly glanced at his window to make sure no ravens were nearby before he then glanced to a small mechanism by his door. Something V1 had installed to keep track of the number of visitors that came and went from Aurelion's room. Currently, as it registered his next visitor, Aurelion blushed as it went from 000 to 001.

Progress.

As Aurelion opened the door he nearly jumped out of his boots as Amani pushed into the room, rambling so fast it made Aurelion's eye widen and.... he honestly struggled to keep up. Though he was able to understand what she said when she paused to wipe her brow, making him blink, and when she asked him to accompany her he swallowed thickly. Blushing deeply as he thought to himself 'I sure am being asked out a lot lately....' before he shook his head to deflect the inappropriate thoughts.

Though Aurelion was not at ALL good at reassuring others recent events had made it... much much easier for him to open up with people. Seeing Amani's worry only made his heart constrict with concern for his friend and, reaching out, he gently took her hand and squeezed it. His own voice low and as reassuring as he could make it. "Amani? I-... I will gladly go with you. You helped me before and..." Aurelion shivered slightly as he could just HEAR his Master chastising him for not helping someone in need. He paused, took a breathe, before he looked up into her eyes. His pale cheeks still lightly flushed as he glanced away, shrugged and murmured.

"W-Well.... you're my friend so..... what are friends for? If it helps you I... I understand.... not being able to sleep right."

He trailed off, nodded, and gave her a small smile. His ears perking up attentively as his hands drew back from hers to rest on his Lightsaber. Stating simply. "I'm in."

Amani smiled softly as he reassured her, sighing in relief and looking like a massive weight had fallen off her shoulders at the promise of help.

"Okay... Okay! Thank you."

The mirialan paused a moment before suddenly perking up, "Follow me, then!" She abruptly took off out of his room and down the hall, expecting Aurelion to follow suit. She slowed down and stopped next to the wall as a Master walked by, posing casually as he eyed her confusedly, shrugging and nodding in acknowledgement at her before moving on. Tip-toeing behind him before once again breaking to a sprint, she flew out the doors and across the temple grounds, weaving through a few of the other Jedi about, almost running straight into Kyra Perl Kyra Perl and leaping over Kiegan Lysle Kiegan Lysle doing some of his patented ab crunches, calling out behind her, “Sorry!”

The speed at which she ran was perhaps the most dedication anyone had seen her put into a physical effort, only finally skidding to a halt at the edge of the forest, plenty far away from everyone else. She stood still, staring blankly into the woods beyond as she waited for Aurelion. A single, nervous breath escaping her lungs.

Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova

OBJECTIVE - Run after Amani?

Why: Amani Stuff?
With: Amani Serys Amani Serys

Aurelion was dumbfounded as Amani hardly gave him the time to finish agreeing to help her before she darted off. Spluttering in surprise he extended a hand toward her "A-Amani! W-Wait up!" He began to run after her, though he wasn't as skilled as she when it came to enhancing his body with the Force, so he lagged behind considerably in their little race. He nearly ran into her as she stopped to be extra suspicious as a Master walked by, Aurelion placing his hand on the wall to catch his breathe, only for the fit Mirialan to take off running again.... earning a groan from her companion.

While Amani was thin in the fit, athletic sort of way Aurelion..... was not. Whereas Amani ducked by Kyra Perl Kyra Perl Aurelion's eye could only widen as he ran straight into her. Wincing as he fell down and huffed, helping her up with a sheepish smile as his ears drooped in timid apology. "S-Sorry about that....." He would murmur before silently gesturing in Amani's direction, trying to form the words to explain his friend's odd-ness but..... he simply ended up shrugging before continuing to follow her.

Aurelion paused when he reached Kiegan Lysle Kiegan Lysle and ducked down to go under him, only to be blocked as the more fit Padawan continued his ab crunches. Aurelion blinked, before straightening and bit his lip, thinking about trying to jump over him as Amani had..... buuut instead simply awkwardly waddled his way around him. Giving him a shy, awkward thumbs-up as he ran by.... only to trip and fall right beside Amani as she reached the edge of the forest. Another long, slow groan of exasperation leaving him as he buried his face in the grass.

With a soft mumble Aurelion wouldn't even look up as he huffed. "Can I... h-hate racing now?" He then DID look up at Amani, before giving her a small smile and..... an actual, tiny laugh as he sighed and stood up with her. It was... the first time he had laughed in a long, LONG time.

"Whoa," Kyra breathed, her hair swept up in the wake of green. She stared at Amani as she ran by, her eyes wide in curiosity as her friend nearly took her out. She turned to see what had caused the fuss, only to be greeted by a solid object slamming into her.

"Oof!" She fell hard, the wind knocked out of her as she spilled across the grass.

"S-Sorry about that....."

She gaped up at Aur in no small amount of shock, her body stinging with pain that she quickly stopped noticing. Oh poop. She knew mischief when she saw it! She scrambled up after them, half crawling as she moved to run-- only to trip over the prone Kiegen caught up in the fuss. Kyra splatted over his body, landing face first in the grass. She yanked herself back up, limbs flailing as dig her heel into a dry patch and took off.

"Sorry!" She called back, a chain of derps slipping over the muddy patch on Silver Rest. Just another day in the life, really.

Kyra came barreling in, letting her body slam into Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova in unplanned vengeance. "Oof! Ow- you guys- what- What's goin' on here?" She huffed, her cream colored robes streaked in mud and grass stains.

Last edited:
Amani kept looking into the forest for a few moments longer, utterly silent even as Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova approached. Only once she heard his laugh and he stood up next to her did she look back at him, giving him an forced smile and an awkward laugh in response. She was never a good liar, and it was obvious that it was somewhat insincere, though her intention was merely to be reassuring. If it wasn’t clear earlier in the week, it was now that what she saw had been bothering her. The mirialan looked past Aurelion, swallowing as she saw a third figure approaching at breakneck speeds, only able to respond with an 'uuuuuhhhhh' as none other than Kyra Perl Kyra Perl crashed into him.

Damn. Should've known better than to attract attention to herself by sprinting across the grounds like that. If there was one padawan that instinctively knew when hijinks were to be had, it was Kyra. It's like she could smell it or something. But truth be told, Amani just might have asked her to join anyway had Aurelion not been available. Besides, there was little chance she could steer Kyra away now that they had her attention, though she feared putting more people at risk than was necessary.

Shaking her head, Amani tried to appear a little more natural, so to speak, before continuing. "Um, we were going to go explore something deep out in the forest. Shadowlands, actually. I don't... know what it is exactly, but, it could be dangerous. You in?"

Amani reluctantly held out her hand for a hand-stack, looking to Kyra and Aurelion.

"If you want to back out now, either of you, I'm not going to hold it against you. If not, follow me. Chances are the sun will be down by the time we get there, so let's hurry."

Once the gesture had been returned, Amani would smile more sincerely this time, before being the first to take off into the trees. For the time being at least, her spirits seemed a little more lifted. Truly, she had no desire to do it alone.

Thank the Force for friends.

Last edited:
OBJECTIVE - Survive Kyra!

Why: Amani
With: Amani Serys Amani Serys Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Though Aurelion was definitely what most people would call 'naive' he also possessed an innate ability to read and understand others so even HE could tell Amani was on edge. He was just about to comment on this when he noticed something vibrant, energetic and troublesome approaching out of the corner of his eye. Turning instinctively to protect Amani Aurelion's eye only had time enough to widen for Kyra to barrel into him and knock him onto his back. The other Padawan landing on top of him and making Aurelion groan at being knocked over.... again... by the same girl no less! Taozi Fuyuan Taozi Fuyuan would never let him live this down if she found out!

As Aurelion squirmed under Kyra, blushing softly as Amani continued to speak as if nothing had happened, he could only stare with one wide, robin-egg blue eye at Kyra as his ears drooped sheepishly. Unable to help squirming timidly at her being... well.... quite literally pressed against him and laying on top of him. As Amani offered her hand to the two other prone Padawans Aurelion awkward reached his arm up past Kyra's shoulder and cheek to place it on Amani's since... well.... he wasn't exactly able to move even Kyra's small frame.

As he placed his hand atop Amani's he would politely, and softly, clear his throat as he would glance at Kyra. Murmuring in a soft, timid question. "S-So umm... are.... are you in?" He was very much so trying not to be too aware of how close she was even as wheat-blonde hair swept down to hide his single eye from their gazes.

Was she in?

What kinda question was that?? Kyra needed no explanation. She grabbed the proffered hands and awaaaay she leapt. The Shadowlands were a deep drop off beyond Silver Rest, which sat elevated above danger on a rocky plateau on a mountain. The Shadowlands were aptly name-- set down so deep into the forest floor, barely any light from the sky made its way through the canopy to the ground below. One would need to force catch themselves to stop from smashing horribly into the ground below. Or use a wookie elevator.

Kyra jumped, letting out a wallop as she free fell through the air. This was not her first visit down into these forbidden darklands. With a smile on her lips, she summoned a ball of light as she fell and caught herself with a well timed force push. She landed lightly, the ball of white light hovering easily in front of her and creating a small perimeter of light.

"I hope you're not afraid of heights~" Cause climbing trees was their only way back up from where they dropped.

Normally Amani would have hopped from tree to tree, Force amplifying her agility and descending one branch at a time. This time, she leapt straight down, slowing her descent through the Force alone. The fall came to an abrupt stop, she landed roughly, stumbling into a roll as the shockwave from the landing ran up her legs. What would have normally been a gracefully executed maneuver was marred by a distracted mind.

Nonetheless, she stood up, otherwise no worse for wear and looked back to the others, nodding in acknowledgment as Kyra gave them a source of light. “I’ve been climbing through these trees for a while now, so I’ve gotten used to the heights, at least.”

Amani glanced back up at where they came from, shouting up at the last one to make it down, “C’mon, Aur! No use in laying around up there!”

The mirialan’s obsession to move forward outweighed her patience, and she turned around to continue their path.

“It’s a cave. A bit far out, too. I don’t think anyone’s been there in a very long time, at least until I stumbled onto it. I... still remember the way.”

She couldn’t forget it if she tried. Every detail seemed seared into her brain. The curse this cave had put on her psyche had refused to let go, not yet. It wanted them to find it.

OBJECTIVE - Fall?

Why: Helping a Friend
With: The wonderful Amani Serys Amani Serys and the energetic Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

As Kyra and Amani proceeded to leap off the platform to the forest floor Aurelion could only stare and flop to his back, groan, and rub his face. His ears drooping as he huffed. At THIS rate he'd end up with a fear of girls too! For whatever reason it just seemed like Jedi girls were all kinda crazy. Then again..... as Aurelion glanced over the edge to see Amani and Kyra landing safely he rolled back and huffed.... maybe it was just the ones he was friends with. He shook his head, rubbed his face again, before standing up and looking down at the fall. An unsettling feeling in the pit of his stomach making him question exactly how he was going to approach this.

As Aurelion was not at ALL skilled with telekinesis yet it was all he could do to test himself first, at least, to make sure he would SURVIVE trying to replicate what Kyra and Amani did. With a bit of effort Aurelion exerted a push straight out, only to then be tossed off his feet of his connection to the Roce lashed back at him. Landing him on his back as he sighed. That was what he had expected to happen. Which meant that if he tried to do what Amani and Kyra did he would only end up splattering himself on the forest floor of Kashyyyk. Which was NOT how he wanted to go.

Standing back up for the third time now Aurelion did have an idea but it was... risky. Glancing up at the tree boughs heavy with vines and foliage Aurelion's eye traced along a very, very long vine caught within the limbs of the vast trees of Kashyyk and nodded. Taking a moment to prepare himself he got a running start before jumping, grabbing the vine, and causing it to snap free of the branches holding it. He rode it all the way down nearly to the forest floor before hopping off a few feet from Kyra and Amani. He was actually happy with himself, until suddenly the vine pulled back on itself, catching his leg, and hoisted him a few feet off the ground by his ankle.

Aurelion yelped, flailing lightly in surprise, before he blushed at his reaction and crossed his arms, not quite able to look at Amani and Kyra as he sloooowly rotate on the end of the vine. Not saying a word as he sighed to himself before quietly murmuring "C-Could um...... I-I have a hand please?"

Kyra's laughter cut through the air, loud and permeating as nearby wildlife scattered away in a start. Her stomach left her in stitches, a fact she addressed but curling over and holding tight. "Heh- wha- whew! Ahahaha- Are you okay?" She wheezed, managing to straighten and come over to provide him support so Amani could help her force-tug him free.

Once achieved, she helped catch him from a head-bonk with the ground and pulled him up. Pat pat, her laughter still caught behind her lips pressed together. No apology sat in her eyes!

"Come on. Before Amani leaves us behind!" What was up with her green friend anyway. She felt weird.

Kyra scattered after Amani's back, the girl's impatience driving her. "Do you sense a crystal?" She called out. Kyra had found her first crystal out here. In a cave, to boot. It pulled her forward and she obeyed. This was normal jedi stuff, right?

Without so much as looking back, Amani lazily raised her hand and helped Kyra Perl Kyra Perl tug Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova free with the Force, not slowing her march as they went ever deeper into the woods.

"Huh? Uh... no, I don't think so, at least. It felt... weird. Not normal." her words fell flat and barely thought out, as if she had only partially paid attention to what was asked but tried to answer anyway. After a few minutes, she finally pulled her attention away, and looked back at the other two, lips forming a smile in false confidence. "It's probably nothing!" She lifted her hands up and gave an exaggerated shrug. Was the reassurance for her friends? Or her own sake? Amani didn't feel comfortable thinking deeply enough to answer that for herself, leaving the thought to die as obsession with the cave returned to the forefront of her mind.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
NIGHTFALL

Though the sun had gone down, it made little difference down here, what sunshine had gotten through was faint, and the light Kyra had provided was ample enough for them to continue no less impeded than before. Still, the complete blanket of black that covered whatever lied beyond their source of vision was a source of paranoia in and of itself. Regardless of what was in the cave, dangers were still to be found in the Shadowlands all their own.

"Um, I think we should be coming up on it so~" Amani's voice immediately dropped as she stopped dead in her tracks. As if on command, the mouth of the cave was illuminated by their light. The formation of the black rock entrance barely visible in the shadow that surrounded it, and inside lied only further darkness. A familiar though still wholly unwelcome series of sensations hit the padawan. She broke into a cold sweat, and her legs felt like jelly underneath her. Amani's vision dimmed, and on the outside she appeared ready to faint. She shut her eyes and let out a low, shaky breath, reopening them after a moment and appearing to compose herself.

"...That's it..."

It would not just be Amani that felt this presence now. Whatever dark energy lingered inside reached out to the others just as eagerly. Though Kyra and Aurelion may not be quite so hypnotized by its power, they would be no less privy to the sense of dread that now filled the air around them. The mirialan had served her purpose well, if unknowingly so. Like lambs to a slaughter, young minds so easily fell to temptation, and this one had just brought two more with her.

OBJECTIVE - Help the great green Amani!

Where: Shadowlands
Why: From Amani
When: Sunset to Night

Aurelion turned a beet red as Kyra's laughter filled the undergrowth of Kashyyyk and, while Aurelion liked her laugh, he didn't like it when it was directed at him. He pouted softly at her, upside down, before fidgeting out of the vines with their help and giving Kyra a sheepish smile and an awkward "Umm th-thank you....." Aurelion barely had time to feel the relief from his own predicament before he felt the anxiety permeating from Amani, the false confidence and bravado she wore for their sake. It made Aurelion purse his lips and look at her with concern, but he said nothing, and instead fell into step with Kyra as Amani lead the way.

As they walked Aurelion would pass the time playing Lizard-Toad-Snake with Kyra though he didn't seem to win even a single game. With her winning every time Aurelion blushed and was about to suggest they try something else when Amani spoken up, drawing his attention, before Aurelion saw the cave itself aaaaand promptly scooted behind Kyra. Not at all liking the sensation of darkness that permeated this place and his ears would droop softly as he murmured.

"Ummm well.... it doesn't look.... THAT bad...." He was lying. It DID look that bad, in fact, it looked even worse. Aurelion could feel the subtle tugs and pulls of the place on his consciousness, so similar to the darkness that had called him before he wondered if perhaps the two were related. Even so he would look between the two girls, shuffle from foot to foot, before clearing his throat from behind Kyra "So umm... who's going first?"

"Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum..." Kyra rattled, her eyes wide and shining with fear.

She had felt darkness many a times before. She had long since learned to not walk towards it.

"Guysssssssss.... I'm not sure about this. You know there's bad stuff down here too, right? We should... we should get an adult...." Her voice dragged and carried unwillingly throughout the air, goosebumps rising on her skin that no amount of rubbing would erase. Her fearful gaze turned from the foreboding cave entrance, to her entranced friend's features.

"Amani?" She pleaded, reaching out to rest a hand on the girl's arm.

"Are you okay?"

Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova | Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Amani stared blankly at the entrance, disregarding the concerns of her companions entirely as it became the only thing on her mind. Each sensation contradicted the other; Every fiber of her being was begging her to turn around and run away. To leave and never come back. Yet, an uncontrollable sense of curiosity screamed at her to move forward. There was something inside, something worth finding. Right? A long pause, and finally, in a whisper,

"Follow..."

The word became her own, barely audible under her breath as the mirialan took a step forward. Then another. And another. At the mouth of the cave, she ignited her saber, the green light faintly coloring the area around her. Now set on her path, Amani moved inside even if the others did not follow. The jagged black walls of the cave were damp and grimy, the occasional insect slithering out of the crags, and the dull hum of the lightsaber was accompanied only by the occassional drip of water or scurrying of a creature.

"This is... a bad idea..."

Wide-eyed, Amani looked back in the direction of the entrance. It was as if the revelation of what she'd done had just hit her, yet still couldn't bring herself to turn back now. Finally, they stepped into a larger room of the cave, the walls and ceiling extending out more so than in the entrance tunnel. However, no other rooms were visible, instead, a black, shadowy mist enveloped the opposite wall, and an unmistakable sense of presence could be felt. Amani looked back to the others before breathing heavily and turning back to the wall.

"...Who's there?"

OBJECTIVE - Help Amani, encourage Kyra

Where: Shadowlands
Why: For Amani-chan
When: Evening

As Aurelion watched Amani and heard Kyra's concerns, he glanced to Kyra, but said nothing for a moment. He made no move to even attempt to dissuade Amani. Instead he turned to Kyra and, after hesitating a moment, placed a hand on her shoulder. He couldn't bring himself to look Kyra in the eye, but he did give her shoulder a squeeze as he murmured "Kyra? You can stay out here.... or.... or leave if you want. But.... Amani asked me to come because she needed me and..." He trailed off, shook his head, and wiggled his ears as he fought down his own uncertain fear. ".... and I won't abandon her down here. I know..... what this is like."

He said nothing more to elaborate on what he meant by this, and gave her a shaky smile before he turned and followed Amani. Aurelion too used his Lightsaber to light the way, though after crossing the threshold into the cave, Aurelion saw no sign of Amani. Instead the interior of the cave seemed to shift into one that reminded him of the crystal caves on Dantooine, though darker and more sinister, where the crystal refracted shadows instead of light, where each one carried glimpses of darkness unseen.

Aurelion skin crawled, goosebumps lightning up his pale skin, as he calmly inspected one of the crystals. This place whispered to him, though perhaps not as strongly as Amani, but even so it caressed his sense and attempted to coax him in an all too familiar way. Deciding this place had something it wished to show him Aurelion knelt there in the darkness, crossed his legs, and levitated his Lightsaber in front of him. His eye closing as he began to attempt to sense out the purpose of this place.

"Abandon? She shouldn't have even gone!" Kyra grumbled, bristling under the sensation of her friend disappearing into a pit of darkness. She watched Aurelion disappear, nothing short of incredulous as she wondered why she was the only one to think that 'supporting' didn't mean 'letting friends walk towards certain death'.

What started off as an adventure quickly grew uncomfortable fast. For the first time, Kyra found herself being the voice of reason. ....Oi. She didn't like it!

"Look at what you do to me," she grumbled to the air, pulling out her saber and storming after the two. Her foul mood was unusual and unnoticed by her, the girl willingly moving towards her friends. It wasn't like she'd just let them get eaten by a massive spider. ... Again.

But enough on that.

She shot a look over her shoulder, her brows pinched with worry as the cave entrance slipped from sight. She stilled for a moment, ice drops hitting her stomach. ... She turned and ran, bumping into Amani's shoulder as she caught pace. "What are we doing down here? Amani? Come on, you owe us an explanation, Imma get spider webs in my hair again. It's yucky." She whined, her breath rustling the hair by the girl's ear.

Amani jumped as she felt a presence brush against her, swinging around and holding up her lightsaber defensively only to see Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . She sighed in relief and lowered her guard, only to startle again as the cave’s presence began to creep back to her. “Uhhh… I-I don’t know. I don’t know anymore. This was a bad idea.” The repercussions of their little adventure were only now beginning to settle into her thoughts, as the dark energy that had warped her actions began to fade. It’s sway was no longer needed, the padawans were already trapped.

“We should go. Where’s Aur?” Amani glanced around the room, seeing no sign of Aurelion Nova Aurelion Nova near them. “Aurelion?!” She could have sworn there were no branching paths on the way here. There was more to this place than meets the eye. She reached out through the Force; His presence was here, but it was hazy, like she couldn’t pinpoint where exactly he was. For all she was able to sense, he could be all the way back at the entrance, or right beside her.

The padawans’ would soon find their attention drawn to a coalescing energy. From the dark mist blocking off the paths of the cave, three distinct figures emerged. Dark Spirits, manifestations of the dark side of the Force formed from the energy that had cursed this cave, creeping out from the shadows and taking on a distinct shape to each padawan. As soon as they had met one’s gaze, the misty silhouette would morph itself to appear as a dark side corrupted version of whichever padawan first looked at it. Two of the apparitions confronted Amani and Kyra, the third emerging in front of Aurelion.

Instinctively, Amani bumped up against Kyra, a chill running down her spine as she watched the first spirit mock her own appearance, twisting it with the dark side. Before her, Amani saw herself, but this doppelganger wore a black armor and cloak. It's eyes were piercing yellow, and er skin had paled into a sickly grayish-green, her Mirialan tattoos replaced by Sith markings in their stead. The grim specter lifted its hand, wielding an extended lightsaber hilt that ignited crimson blades on both ends. Amani’s heart sank at the visage she saw before her, the mere concept of it freezing her blood.

The spirit sprang forward, swiping with an overhead attack that Amani barely managed to counter, blocking the saber and guiding it to the ground, where the blade struck and made contact, burning white-hot streaks into the stone below. Even as phantoms, their attacks were real, something they quickly realized as they began their assault. Amani pushed out with the Force, throwing her spirit back and creating some distance, allowing her to get back to back with Kyra.

OBJECTIVE - Confront Self

Why: For Amani
When: Evening

As Aurelion knelt there, separated from Kyra and Amani, he began to worry for them. He couldn't sense them at all and, as he felt the cave ripple with the Dark Side, his eye opened just in time to see the crystals around him begin to dim and flicker like they were filled with an inner, dark flame. Pulsing with power, promises and hatred as Aurelion's own apparition sprang forth. Rather than simply coalescing out of nothing in front of him Aurelion grit his teeth as his very own shadow began to peel itself free of his body, ripping and pulling as his skin as it drew itself free of him. Making Aurelion tense and clench his eye shut in pain as the Dark Spirit knelt before Aurelion. In the exact same pose as he did. His skin felt raw and sensitive, his heart hammered and his spirit felt vulnerable, cold, and like tiny claws teased his skin as the Spirit cut itself free from him.

As Aurelion gathered himself from the ripping, tearing feeling of the spirit pulling his darkness free, Aurelion opened his eye to gaze over the still-floating Lightsaber at his dark reflection. It looked for all the world just like him, with only a few key differences. The first and most obvious to Aurelion was that his dark half possessed both eyes and, earning a small grimace from him as he raised a hand to touch his eye-patch, the Spirit's right eye glowed a deep, hateful red in stark contrast with it's other still-blue eye. Aurelion couldn't help but be unnerved as this wholly inhuman thing stared at him with a completely neutral expression, studying him as one might study a bug. Studying him as intently as he was studying it. Aurelion bit his lip as he looked over the Spirit's snow-like hair and even more pallid, porcelain-white skin. Only for the Spirit to be the first to speak.

"Do you know why you're not with them?" The Spirit spoke in a flat, unfeeling version of Aurelion's own voice, free of the stuttering and indecision that marred almost his every word. Aurelion stiffened slightly, set his shoulders, and shook his head slightly as he began to center himself again. Unable to help noticing that, in his pain, HE had dropped his focus on levitating his Lightsaber. Now, as he connected with it again, he became distinctly aware the Spirit had been the one holding it now. "No. I-I don't." He answered honestly. The Spirit nodded, slowly, as if it were simply imitating the intention of the motion, like a predator pretending to smile to put it's prey at ease. "You are not with them because I did not need to summon forth your darkness, you simply brought it to me."

Aurelion took in a small, pained breathe and gripped his knees just a bit tighter Blinking his eye a bit before he swallowed, gazing back at the Spirit's twin mismatched eyes, before averting his own. "I don't understand." He murmured, his ears twitching slightly, only for the Spirit to stay utterly silent. It's eyes just a bit too wide, going a bit too long between blinks, as it watched him for what felt like forever but was, in truth, only a few seconds. The Spirit speaking in a matter-of-fact voice as it inclined it's head "You DO. You KNOW why. You simply refuse to face it. We HATE her." Aurelion winced as if physically struck, his eye falling to the floor of the cave and his ears drooping before he closed his eye, staying quiet for a long moment before he murmured. "I-I.... I know...."

The Spirit tilted it's head, it's own elongated ears perking in a facsimile of curiosity, before it asked in a dull, flat voice. "Why do you deny these feelings? Do you not think she deserves our hatred? Our ire? She is not our mother, not anymore, we've been picked up like refuse from the street. Like a wounded, helpless animal and taken somewhere else. Told we matter. Why do these things not make us happy?" Aurelion tensed immensely at this for a long moment, before he relaxed, tears beading at his eye as he shook his head. Pressing his lips together as he struggled not to think about these emotions. His voice quaking softly as he tried to answer "I-I don't... kn-know. They do.... but...." The Spirit stared, unblinking, and was now just a few inches closer as Aurelion glanced back up at it. The eyes still unnaturally large and wide, the pupils an inky black beyond normal, mortal eyes, as it stared silently at him. Aurelion's chest constricted and he grit his teeth softly, his throat seizing up as a tear slid down his cheek, and he gasped. "I-I DO hate her! I hate her a-and everything she did to me. I HATE being so helpless and..." he paused, only long enough to sob softly, and sniffle before continuing. ".... and I want to help other people but I can't because I-I can't even help myself." His breathe hitched and his hands lightly drug his nails along his legs, and he stared at this being, this other half of himself, before he shrugged weakly. His voice a tiny, shaky mumble.

"I-I don't feel like..... I-I'm worth fighting for. Other people are b-but.... forming attachments isn't... the Jedi way."

The Spirit regarded Aurelion with no external indication of emotion, simply that same animal-like stare attempting to emulate attention, before it asked. "Would you rather die inside as a Jedi or live as something powerful?" Aurelion froze at this as the Lightsaber between them tilted, pointing up toward the cave ceiling, before igniting. Now the blade was a deep crimson, burning his eye to even look at, as the Spirit stated. "Your friends are already here, already mine, already ours, give your answer." Aurelion stayed silent, eye downcast, and breathe hitching as he squeezed his knees, only for the Spirit to give a slow, large smile and answer. "So be it.... Jedi." The blade came down, falling as Aurelion's own Sword of Damocles, before Aurelion raised his gaze to the blade and murmured quietly "N-No...." The blade halted as it singed his bangs, the radiating heat burning his forehead, but Aurelion simply closed his eye, shook his head, and continued to speak as he exerted the Force over the blade. "N-No. I..... I'm not.... going to be..... what other think I should."

The Spirit kept it's wide, hideous grin as that inky darkness in it's eyes began to spill out in web-like strands over the whites of it's eyes, emitting a low equivalent of a chuckle that was some.... deep, hollow grating noise. "Yes, good, you accept power then? To never be helpless again?" Aurelion began to push the blade back, the Spirit's expression of himself twitching in effort as Aurelion's expression turned neutral, and he shook his head lightly. "No. Not power either. I'm... I'm just going to be...." The blade flickered and sputtered as it began to tilt toward the spirit, the crimson blade dying in a ghastly hiss as the usual amethyst blade sprang forth. Aurelion gazed into the Spirit's eyes, his own eyes, before he nodded and reached out. Taking the Spirit's hands, and smiling softly. "...Myself."

Aurelion gripped the Spirit's hands as it growled a low, inhuman noise, sharp claws springing from it's fingertips as it attempted to slice into Aurelion's hands, only for it's own hands to vanish inside his body. The Spirit recoiled, hissing and attempting to push the amethyst blade that no longer answered to it towards Aurelion. Despite it's thrashing, despite it's animal-like growls and attempted to harm him, the Spirit was slowly drawn back into Aurelion as he nodded. "It's okay.... I promise. We aren't.... We aren't done yet. We will talk again, soon." The Spirit went still at this as it was slowly being drawn more and more into Aurelion, their knees meeting and combining, the Spirit now sunk shoulder-deep into Aurelion's body, before it closed it's eyes and muttered simply. "You will regret this...."

In that moment it's resistance faded and the Spirit was drawn back fully into Aurelion, his body tensing as he drew in a deep, shocked breathe, only for the Lightsaber to disperse and fall to the cave floor in front of him. Aurelion's eye closed, his body spasmed, but he maintained himself and.... after a moment of retrospection gently stood, picked up his blade, and began to walk deeper into the cave. Murmuring to himself "I'm coming Amani. Don't worry, you're not alone."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom