Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Where Have You Been Hiding?

Reid Brimarch Reid Brimarch

Was Shaw's ability more a gift or a curse? It seemed like an unbelievable boon, yet at the same time a terrible bane. What he discovered seemed far fetched though. "A what?!" She exclaimed. "Common street gangs don't have the financial means to just build an underground hangar." No, this was definitely bigger than just a disgruntled turf war.

"We should find that button -- Find out where it leads, and what exactly is worth all this trouble."

Was this some kind of privatized militant group? Were they funded by some other agency? There were more questions now than they had answers for. Without delay Jamie began to wander around the consoles, fingers dancing along the undersides, then the back panels for any hint of a button. "These were likely just guards assigned to this entryway then, you think?"

There had to be more wherever the tunnel led.

"Perhaps they're planning something more than just a bombing."

Jamie Pyne Jamie Pyne

If you asked him?

Curse.

Definite curse.

But one that had allowed him to escape the clutches of poverty and the rough streets. So, maybe more a curse with some benefits to them. Wasn't it worth having to wear gloves and be cautious around what you touch, if it let you have a full stomach and a place to sleep? Some authority to do some actual good in the world?

Shaw certainly thought so.

"They don't? I always thought the saying was 'crime pays a lot'... my bad." He murmured dryly, while putting on the gloves again. Datapad was put on the ground and he tried to massage his temples a bit. Didn't do nothing about the tension. It hadn't been a surprise, but Shaw had still been overwhelmed by the sheer emotion.

These folks really hated whoever they were gunning for.

"Yeah, could be, or maybe we caught them just as they were about to head out." Voice sounded doubtful though. They were probably not that lucky. Something went click under Jamie's fingers. Shaw stepped to the side, just as part of the floor gave away. "Wow, okay, this just turned into a super villain hideout."

It was too dark to pierce through and see what was going on down the hole.

Hands on his hips he tried anyway. Failing, of course.

"I love my job." He muttered mostly to himself. It wasn't clear how sarcastic he was about it.

"Depends on the crime I suppose. I'm not well versed."

The comment was as close to humor as the situation called for given the circumstances. Maybe crime did pay a lot. In this case it certainly seemed that way. As her finger slipped over the button and released the hatchway she surprised even herself. Secret underground lairs and trap doors complete with goons guarding the entrance. It was straight out of a holovid she'd seen one time back home as a child. It was all the rage for a few years.

Stepping back around from the console to meet Shaw at the opening she peered down into the dark abyss of the hole.

"Well." She said, "This just got more interesting."

What is all this?

Every step of this investigation was becoming more and more complex. Where did it all end?

There was little time to waste, and they weren't going to discover anything by simply sitting there pondering what might be down that hole. At the very least it was a new lead, and a chance to put an end to this whole ordeal before anyone else got hurt. So with a smirk and a wink she dropped down into the darkness below, expecting at least Shaw to follow in a moment or two.

Jamie Pyne Jamie Pyne

"That's one way to call a gaping dark hole leading to who knows where." Shaw responded dryly, while staring into the shadows. It was a shame he couldn't touch shadows. No memories there, so all he could do was guess at this point. What was down there? A horde of monsters? Some weird ass experiments or an army of mercenaries?

The feth were they walking in here?

Shaw was about to ask, but as he glanced up?

Wink and smirk.

Then she DROPPED. "Hey, ma-....and she is gone." Shaw rubbed his brow, before stroking his hair out of his eyes. "Sometimes I love my job..." He murmured, but this time less genuine.

There was nothing to do but follow.

It wasn't a long drop luckily. Otherwise they might have shattered their knees. Shaw landed wordlessly next to Pyne, already on the look out for more danger. The lights were dim here. Crates stacked in the corners. It seemed to be some sort of antechamber. A place to ferry goods from the warehouse above to this place.

One hallway that led north. Open and clear. A door to their left, which seemed reinforced metal and durable.

"Hallway or door?"

Jamie observed the two options laid out before her. A hand rose to her chin and she made a quiet hum to herself in consideration.

"The door must have some importance, judging by its appearance. Perhaps we take a look before we move on?"

Reinforced or not, a lightsaber was a cutting tool that few metals in the galaxy would hold a candle to. And Jamie presumed there were no beskar or anything of the sort used in this doors construction. If it were, these thugs were anything but the norm, and they were likely stepping into a very, very organized operation here.

Stepping towards the door she placed an ear against the cold metal, listening for any signs of life or movement, though it sounded as dead as space.

"Well?"

She shrugged, placing her weapon against the handle and locking mechanism before activating the saber.

Jamie Pyne Jamie Pyne

"Can't argue with that logic." Shaw muttered to them both, before stepping up next to her.

His own lightsaber at a ready.

Why else would a door appear right next to them? It had to have some kind of narrative significance, no? Would someone really just put a door there for the hell of it? No purpose whatsoever? Impossible. It had to have a secret. Something that it was hiding. It would truly be awkward, if they slammed it open and it was just a supply closet.

Pyne presumably cut through the lock with ease.

The door slid open... and revealed a security station. On the other side? A very surprised guard, which Shaw quickly Force Pushed into the wall, before they could make a move for the alarm.

"No, no, not so fast." Shaw warned, before raising his sabre. "I also wouldn't scream out, if you value your existence." Which was a bluff. Pyne already knew that he didn't take lives, but this choffer didn't. All he knew about were the stories of people with plasma swords cutting up everyone around them like it was wheat for a scythe.

A quick nod from the security guard.

"Finally. Reasonable people. I think we have some questions for you, no?" A glance at Jamie, finally something going right here.

Jamie looked over the console the guard had been at. On the monitors there were several rooms displayed. On one a series of small cargo ships, likely used to smuggle illicit weapons back and forth. A number of droids were moving about shifting crates and the like. Another monitor displayed a storage room where explosives were kept under tight guard. The third room of note was where the bulk of the enemy currently was.

The blonde looked over her shoulder and to the guard that Shaw was keeping at bay.

"What's all this for?" She asked. "Bombing a refugee center doesn't require this kind of effort, nor--" She pointed a finger towards the storage room. "All that."

The guard shrugged, "I don't know. I'm not paid to know. I'm paid to watch the screens and report anything unusual. But hey -- I don't get paid enough to die for them either, so whatever you want just take it and let me be."

She considered a moment, "You have a keycard I presume? We'll need that. And you'll need to take a short nap until this is all over." She nodded a smile to Shaw.

Jamie Pyne Jamie Pyne

"Wait now hold on a momen-"

THWACK.

Shaw made sure to knock him out the proper way. None of that cinematic chit that would realistically kill a man regardless. Just a nice thwap with the Force that would keep him out cold for a while. "Got any rope lying around, ya- oh, bingo." No rope, but the security closet left of them had a bunch of equipment.

It only took the guard's security keypad to open it up.

Shackles for one.

"Surprised they don't have the pink fuzzy ones." Shaw joked as he dangled it in the air for her to see. Then moving to secure the guard. "Last thing we want is for him to be an early riser and start stirring trouble, I figure."

A glance over her shoulder was paid to watch the monitors. This place was freaky as feth. Way too intense for a simple gang hideout. This was something next level for sure. "I am guessing we aren't lucky enough that we can disable some of those turrets from here, eh?" Auto-turret ranges, they weren't exactly high-tech, but would kill you regardless.

"Hm. Look here."

Pointing at one of the monitors.

"Anti-matter reactor. If we disable that, well... they will know something is wrong, but it would take out the lights and most of their security tech. What do you think?"

Jamie looked to Shaw as he mentioned the pink fuzzy shackles. She knew what those ones were for. She'd ...ahem. Seen them before. Her face flushed for a moment before returning to the task at hand. "Right." She said quickly. "No alerting our friends that we're coming to crash the party."

The odds were already against them. No need to make them worse.

Now with respect to the tech this facility had in place? It went above her head for the most part. The blonde ran a hand through her hair and stared at the terminal as her fellow Jedi pointed out the reactor. "The turrets are likely programmed from a central terminal, at least that's how they were back on Naboo. We had a security command center." She looked to the other monitor.

"Although if you shut down the reactor and kill the lights, that might disable, or at the very least, disrupt the turrets' ability to do their job. Worst case they'll likely fire on everyone and not just us?" She wasn't sure just how they were all connected, her only reference was what she had learned from her own home's defenses.

"I think our best bet is to try and disable the reactor and hope for chaos while we move in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom