Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where Does That Wire Go?

Lira Dajenn

L
Lira stood quietly in place at the entrance of the small hangar at the Ossus Jedi temple. Her eyes were abuzz and her face looked like it had been dragged through a thousand puddles of mud. She was tired, more tired than she had ever been in her entire life. Her clothes were immaculate, but the woman within them seemed to be on the verge of collapsing.

That was what projects did.

When Lira had accepted this little journey of hers she had no idea that it would be this tiring. Knight Elspeth had simply said that it was a great opportunity to make a name for herself, she had never mentioned the lack of sleep or the pure exhaustion from using the force so much. It was worth it though. Day by day she made progress, day by day the technicians and her moved another step forward.

They were nearly done now. They ahd the frame, most of the weapons, the reactor, and the engines installed. Unfortunately however they had hit a slight road block, one that Lira had never really expected.

Computers.

It seemed that Lira's gift in Mechu-Deru did not extend into the more sophisticated arts of mechanics, at least not yet. So they had to go elsewhere for that particular part of the project, and that was where Lira was waiting now, for the contractor that would take care of that problem.

Simone

S
Simone herself wasn't exactly what she would call well rested. She'd spent weeks pouring over the data collected from Alderaan, and the ongoing attack on her homeworld meant that sleep was more or less impossible. She wanted to go home, she wanted to make sure her mother was safe and she wanted very much to see the end of this war. Still, when the Jedi reached out to her, she couldn't deny them.

She could hack there systems, spend a few months gathering compromising intelligence and plastering it everywhere to be seen to tarnish their image, but that was before the war. Call her a hypocrite if you wanted, but Simone saw it more like she had sibling rights. She could pick on them, but the minute someone else did, all hell would break loose. Not that the reporter could create much hell. There were combatants enough, she was a reporter and a slicer, she created hell by making noise and exposing weaknesses. The latter of which, was proving to be somewhat difficult where the One Sith were concerned.

The transport settled lightly in the temple hangar, Simone waved her thanks to the pilot and began descending the ramp before it had fully lowered. The sooner she could get this done, the sooner she could head home. "Jedi..." she looked down at her datapad, adjusting the worn satchel on her shoulder "Dajenn?" she looked up at the girl for confirmation of who she was.

[member="Lira Dajenn"]

Lira Dajenn

L
[member="Simone"]

“Padawan actually.” Lira said quietly as if she was slightly ashamed of the fact.

She hadn't been with the Jedi for a long time, and she hardly deserved the title yet. It was only a few short months ago that Avalore and Hal had rescued her, even shorter time since she had discovered Mechu-Deru and begun this project. Truth was, she was far in over her head, and she was terrified that everybody around her knew it.

“I'm the head of the project.” She explain with a kind smile, her tired eyes somehow increased the effect of it. “Thank you for coming such a long way, I know Ossus isn't exactly the center of the galaxy.”

It would be worth it in the end, she knew it.

The ships capabilities in simulations were far beyond what was currently being fielded by the Republic, or anyone, and in combat it was very likely that the ship would surpass anything thrown at it. Especially if there was a Jedi at the helm. If they could just finish it, then everything would be okay.

She hoped this woman was up to the task.

Simone

S
Simone grinned. "Well, that's a lot more Jedi than I am, or ever will be." She offered her a hand to shake. "Its a good distance form all the action, that's for sure. I'm Simone." She slipped the datapad back into her pocket.

"This project will be a nice change of scenery, so its worth coming the distance for. Honestly, I've done nothing but watch and re watch and read data from the war I'm surprised I'm not cross eyed yet. I've not had a chance to look at all the details. You want to give me a run down?"

[member="Lira Dajenn"]

Lira Dajenn

L
[member="Simone"]

Lira smiled.

She was thankful that the woman wasn't holding her rank or her age against her. She seemed quite young herself, so maybe that had something to do with it but she was glad all the same. Several times already she had been met with apprehensiveness and questions about her ability to do this job. Most of the questions had been answered, and her team was now more than happy to work under her, something else she was thankful for.

“Yes. The project is a simple one...relatively.” She smiled. “We are building a new Interceptor fighter from the ground up. The engine and reactor were designed by myself, as well as the air frame. Unfortunately, current computer systems designed for small craft are insufficient to to regulate and react to the speeds and outputs the engine and reactor emit.”

She sighed slightly. “So we need to design the system from the ground up.”

This was something she would have preferred to do herself, the ship was her project, and she didn't want the responsibilities of it falling on anyone else. If it failed, she wanted the blame, no one else.

Simone

S
"Right." said Simone forehead creasing slightly in thought. "Nothing too big then."

She gave the girl a once over, properly taking her in. She was young, but then Simone had heard of plenty genius youngsters. Gifted with the force or high IQ. Hell there were kids half her age that could floor her in three secs flat in mandalorian space. Age meant nothing, but she could see the Lira's heart was in it.

"Well, you wanna show me this project? I'll need to take some readings so I know what sorta numbers we're talking here. Maybe you can tell me how a padawan winds up building a new speedy ship."

[member="Lira Dajenn"]

Lira Dajenn

L
[member="Simone"]

She nodded enthusiastically, turning on her heel and beginning to walk off towards one of the more open hangars.

The space was massive, and almost entirely empty save for one ship. An arrowhead like design with a split forward wing, two bare blaster cannons extending out from a dip in the wings. The Ship itself was only half done, many of the wires and systems on the outside of the ship were still revealed, the engine was half taken apart, and the reactor was bare. Half a dozen computer screens lined what could be assumed to be the cockpit, and all of them lay dead.

Lira walked up to the ship and made a small handwaving motion.

“Ta da!” It didn't looked like much, little more than an airframe, some metal Duranium skin, and many loose wires. Yet the engine had a mean look about it and the general ship seemed poised to take off any second, like it was meant to fly.

Simone

S
Simone let out a low whistle of awe, slipping the bag from her shoulder and letting it thunk to the floor she moved in for a closer inspection. Simone could never pull apart and egine and put it together again, but she understood the basics. "She looks eager." Simone commented, coming to stand at the ships nose. With a satisfied nod she turned to offer Lira a small grin, before rubbing her hands together happily.

"Alright, run me through what you've tried so far." she moved to her rucksack, pulling free a personal computer and climbing into the shell of a cockpit. She ducked out of sight for a minute, tugging free a wire to connect the computers to her own. "What sort of power levels are we talking here?" she questioned as the screens flickered to life at her command, readings rolling down her screen.

[member="Lira Dajenn"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom