Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question What's the Difference Between Mando Protectors and Enclave?

I am debating a Mandalorian character and I'm trying to figure out the difference between the two main Mando factions. As near as I can tell the Protectors are trying to rebuild an actual Mandalorian state built around the planet itself, and the Enclave is sort of a loose collection of freelancers. Am I on the mark here or am I missing any critical details? I wanna get the pitch for these factions to see what they are about.

Hey, hope you enjoy making a mando, they are fun.

The Mandalorian Enclave were a major power for quite a while and held a large amount of territory on the map for two periods of time having recently gone minor due to a few factors. The Enclave still survives there, but without the pressures of the map game which we were just a bit done with.

Both factions are organised nations of mandalorians, the main difference is that the Enclave some time ago moved to Kestri and while mandalore is still an ancestral home, they don't venerate it in the same way as the protectors. They also do not recognise the title of Mand'alor.

The protectors are based on the canon organisation of the same name and are as such very focused on Mandalore and they also have a person chosen to rule as Mand'alor with different character choosing how heavily they honour that title.

Both are valid options, the Enclave are more aggressive and militant and the Protectors are slightly less so but the difference in that regards is very much dependant on the character as there a variety in both camps.

Regards each other they are both mando just with different priorities and bear no ill will to each other. The big risk of hostility is that the Enclave were until the reduction in activity lead to going minor, at war with the Galactic Alliance, but the protectors are fully Allied with the GA, but there is no intent for the mando factions to fight.​

TheCaptain TheCaptain what Celt Saxon Celt Saxon said in a nutshell.

Enclave started out as literally that - an enclave of Mandos that survived the Sith purge on Mandalore that wanted to rebuild - start again. Eventually it settled on Kestri in Wild Space and settled a new mando state there, seeing as Mandalore was nuked to high heaven for a long while. From there, Enclave evolved from a more Western feel to a true militant mando state. There's a looot of history there, so not gonna dig all that up now. Summarised, Enclave is not only Bounty Hunters, but Super Commandos as well. It's still there, we just don't have a cloud anymore like Celt said.

The Protectors, after the fall of the Empire that held Mandalore after they kicked out the Sith from that space, decided to re-establish a mando state on Mandalore. For more info on them, I'll tag Mia Monroe Mia Monroe to give you a more detailed description on the Protectors.

Like Celt said, both are awesome and both are chilling. It all depends on your character - if they are both anti Sith and anti Jedi, Enclave would be a better fit, cause atm, Protectors are kinda buddies with the Jedi. If you like Jedi and wanna fight Sith only, then Protectors are the better fit - in summary. If you like Sith, then Khamul Kryze Khamul Kryze would like your number and both Enclave and Protectors would have your guts for garters.

All are fun - you can even enjoy both, seeing as we're not at war with each other.

A Real Motherfucking Stormtrooper
The Protectors, as mentioned, are currently much more focused on the internal storyline of rebuilding mandalore after plenty of different planetary ruinings by various parties. While we're attempting to ally with the GA, we're more focused on expanding outward and we're potentially setting up a conflict with the Empire of the Lost, and the Dark Empire depending on how things go. We're gonna be focusing on a more familial atmosphere, just trying to get the homeworld rebuilt rather than the agressive nature of the Enclave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom