Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Whatever this is, it's over

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
ibEbaqd.jpg

CLUB ATTRITION / CORUSCANT / EVENING
KARDEK WEARING THIS. Valery Noble Valery Noble

The steady drone of pulsing music could almost lule one into a state of ascendance if they so desired, however the gunslinger had chosen a booth with a bit of distance from the music and the crowd, so as to not assault his guest of the evening with a sudden overload of stimulation. If she happened to feel a bit spontaneous, the dance floor was never too far away. However Kardek had concluded that such was likely not going to be the case. He was back in Coruscant and had decided to hit up the Jedi acquaintance that he had happened upon during his last self-proclaimed mission. She was a very attractive and powerful woman, but their encounter had stirred up some strange and dangerous emotions in the gunslinger that he had not been prepared for. It had felt different than other muses he had engaged with previously, causing memories of his lost love to resurface with a vengeance. Perhaps he was in the mood for another emotional lashing, or perhaps it was pure curiosity regarding what was different about this woman than the others. Regardless, he found himself sitting at a booth, drinking his favorite reserve, and hoping this wasn't a terrible mistake...

23HnXkY.jpg

Club Attrition
div-orange.png
Outfit: Dress (but with heels)
Appearance: Link
Tag:
Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha

Valery had almost believed that she would never hear from Kardek again, not after the shift she felt in him when she didn't quite open up to the same feelings he had for her. But she had still given him her comm frequency, and after returning to Coruscant, she soon received an invitation to meet him at club attrition. It was an almost amusing thing — Valery, who never really went to clubs or bars, now suddenly visited several in a fairly short amount of time. Part of it was her desire and need to unwind and deal with her stressful life, but tonight there was more purpose to it.

She hoped to be more open with him about who she was, but primarily, she wanted to try and help him as well. During their brief conversations before everything went south at the slaver facility, she had felt that he wasn't quite happy with who he was. His work was an attempt to redeem himself, but would he ever believe that he had done enough? Valery wasn't sure, but she knew that he'd never live a normal life if he kept holding on to his darker past.

So this night was about more than unwinding to her.

After entering the club, Valery spotted him sitting in a booth and approached from behind. The clacking of her heels was drowned out by the loud music, and dense crowds made it difficult for him to spot her until she was right behind him. Her hand settled on the back of his chair, and when she finally caught his gaze, Valery flashed a smirk, "Is this seat taken?" she asked jokingly, before she stepped around the table with grace in her steps, and carefully lowered herself in the seat opposite to his. Valery was donning a black dress, one her Padawan had helped her choose. Her hair was curled slightly, making it look more formal and fancy, and she had applied some makeup to make her features pop even more.

After years of not caring that much, she had learned to sometimes give it her all if she didn't need to be a Jedi Master for a night.

"It's good to see you again, Kardek. I hope you've recovered and are doing well?" she asked with a bright smile.

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

Sensing her presence suddenly, the gunslinger turned his head, catching his first glimpse of the Jedi. Their positions related to each other forced his eyesight to have to scale up across her rather exposed chest in order to finally meet her eyes, causing him to chuckle slightly at the very revealing and gorgeous dress she had adorned.

"Is this seat taken?"

He obliged a nod at the seat across from him with a tilt of his glass, then brought it up to his lips and sipped on it as she made her way to the seat gracefully.

"Ever the temptress, I see." He voiced his assessment of their last encounter, where he had clearly picked up on her strong attraction towards him, and yet, at every turn, had been rejected in his advances. My dear… you want to play games with me?? He thought to himself; Then let us begin!

"It's good to see you again, Kardek. I hope you've recovered and are doing well?"

He nonchalantly flicked out a cigarra from a metal tin in his upper pocket, lit it and took in a drag, being careful to blow the smoke out the side of his mouth and away from Valery. He then nudged the tin across the table in her direction with a raised eyebrow, an offering, if she happened to be interested. For some reason, the gunslinger suspected not. His gaze was piercing, being locked on the woman with reserved interest. However he would not allow for himself to fall into a similar trap as before. He had come prepared for the woman's confusing shenanigans, and she would not find him as pliable as before.

Perhaps this time, it would be her that would experience the subtle sting of their ongoing social experiment.

"I have! I had a good doctor." He winked subtly, "It's nice to see you, Valery. You look exquisite." His words rolled off the tongue with silver elegance, yet there was a sharpness in his eyes that was unmistakable. He was socially armed to the teeth… He would not fall so easily into her hands this time.

His finger traced the rim of his glass subtly, "Thanks for taking me up on my offer. I'm sure a Jedi does not frequent this kind of establishment often. May I buy you a drink?"

Last edited:

23HnXkY.jpg

Club Attrition
div-orange.png
Tag:

At his gesture, Valery lowered herself into her seat and shot him quite the innocent look. She had always been a little bit of a tease, and knowing the tension and emotions that had been lingering between them, she couldn't help but poke away at them. Of course, she wouldn't ever admit to it. "Last time I checked, you chose this club for our meeting. Would you rather have me walk in wearing Jedi robes with a lightsaber clipped to my belt?" She flashed a smirk and shook her head at the thought before she flicked some hair over her shoulder that had fallen in front of her face.

Kardek felt different tonight already — more restrained, more focused. Emotions had been the deciding factor of their behavior during their first meeting, even if nothing had happened between them in the end. But he wasn't going to give in to them the way he almost did that day, and likely would try his best to provoke her more.

It was a dangerous game to play, but Valery never backed down from a challenge.

"Oh, I'm absolutely no doctor," Valery said dismissively with a smile, after waving away the idea of smoking. She never had, and never would. "But it's good to see that you've fully recovered," she added, her tone a little more serious and genuine than it had been thus far tonight. At his compliment of her dress, the smile brightened but there was something a little playful to it as well again. She had, of course, seen him look and they both understood that despite the chosen venue for their meeting, her dress and appearance were still a tad extra. "Thank you, the dress was a choice a Padawan of mine made a while ago. But I think it fits me well."

Valery sat back in her seat and raised one leg to cross it over the other. There was nothing but confidence in the way she looked and the aura she had, and everything about her made it feel like it would remain that way. "I... almost never go to these places, unless it's for work. But it's mostly because of how busy I can be," Valery then said with a nod. "f they have some Alderaanian red wine here, that would be perfect, thank you."

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

"Last time I checked, you chose this club for our meeting. Would you rather have me walk in wearing Jedi robes with a lightsaber clipped to my belt?"

The gunslinger bit his tongue, holding back a comment that might have been a tad too on the nose, even for him, related to what he would possibly prefer for her to be wearing this evening… if anything at all…. and since it was the latter, he felt it inappropriate to voice such sentiments openly, instead offering a playful wink and going with the next thing that came to mind,

"You are definitely a woman." The remark was a teasing poke at the fact that she had somehow found a way to blame him for her provocative appearance. He didn't mind being the cause that allowed for such beauty be on display, but her voiced stance was truly feminine in nature.

Kardek smirked at her dismissal of the cigarra, pulling back the tin can as he took another pull from his own, reveling in its affects as he almost seemed to enjoy delighting in something that the Jedi apparently found to be distasteful. So this is another line that you won't cross, he thought, I will get you to cross all of your lines soon enough.

"My chest would beg to differ…" he responded to her remark about not being a doctor. Kardek's free hand slowly rubbed the same area that she had so carefully tended to, as if it was still a bit sore, but in truth he was attempting to provoke the woman into a visible confirmation of interest… something he was already convinced of. She had made as much clear in their last encounter. He winced playfully, breathing in sharply as he put on a stellar performance for Valery…. "Still a bit tender though… wonder if the doctor is in?" He flashed a mischievous smile at Valery, then took another sip of his drink.

"Thank you, the dress was a choice a Padawan of mine made a while ago. But I think it fits me well."

"Very well…" He mused, tilting his drink in her direction as if taking in a captivating painting, "It really does put your… prominance… on display… so much so that I'm beginning to wonder if you're frame might have suffered any harm from the lightning… my hands are ready to return the favor you so graciously offered me, if you should ever require them." His eyes sparkled with delight at his own words, taking another sip while waving down a passing service droid. He hoped to make her blush at his provocation. He was surely being a bit forward, but that was intentional. She had been so subtle during their time together previously, communicating with her eyes… lips… lust… and yet her words had not aligned with the nuances of her desire. And so, he was in pursuit of a more auditory exchange at the moment, forcing her away from nuanced mind games and straight into the harsh light of the spoken word. He needed to find the line that she refused to cross with him before he could understand it and discover how to best cross it.

"Alderaanian red wine, please." He said to the service droid, his gaze steadily resting upon the Jedi.

Last edited:

23HnXkY.jpg

Club Attrition
div-orange.png
Tag:

"You are definitely a woman."

"Mhmmm~" There was a lot to unpack in his statement. Of course, it made sense that she dressed appropriately for where they were, but the dress she had chosen was without a doubt a little spicy even for this club. His wink, the way he looked at her, and the way he talked to her made it clear that he understood that perfectly. Valery, however, was never going to admit to it and continued to play her little game. She knew he was playing his own too, so this was a fun little battle of willpower she wasn't going to allow herself to lose.

But as was to be expected, he knew what he was doing as well. After commenting on her lack of healing skills, she watched him rub the spots on his chest she had tended to and immediately felt a rush of heat going through her body. Not so much because of the gesture, but because of the memories that flashed back into her mind. Of them fighting together, of them going to his medbay, and of course, of her patching up his bare chest with all the tension still present between them. "Hmm, I'm afraid the doctor is not in the office. She needed a fun night out and away from work," Valery said with an innocent smile.

A smile that didn't last very long.

Her own 'innocent' comment about the dress fitting her well was met with a statement that sparked the reaction he had probably been hoping for. As good as she was at playing this little game, something so direct, perhaps even crude, was something she couldn't ignore. Her face turned bright red for a moment, her eyes widened and she wasn't sure if she should be playful or snap at him a little for being so forward. "I... uh.... Kardek," she said with what looked like a death glare, but there was something behind those fiery eyes that showed she appreciated the level of guts he displayed as well. "We'll see..." she said, not shutting it down entirely just yet. "I think the healing I need is just a fun night to unwind without people shooting at me~"

Much like with his statements, there was a lot behind hers as well.

Kardek then ordered them the wine she had asked for, and there was a bit of relief in her eyes, now that she had some time to calm herself after his statement. "I'm uh, also glad that you decided to reach out to meet again." Her tone was a little more genuine and soft now. "I was hoping to... get to know you better." Now she really smirked to mess with his mind again. She knew exactly what he'd be thinking about.

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

Bingo.

Kardek was practically glowing as she turned a certain shade of red from his remarks, observing her as she processed how she should respond. Valery appeared to teeter between the lines of playful jesting and being genuinely upset, something that the gunslinger had predicted, but there was definitely a part of him that suddenly feared that he had possibly pushed too hard.

"We'll see..."

Kardek's own eyes widened a bit. Having totally expected to be shut down in one fashion or another, the open-ended response truly caught him off guard, and brought a sudden rush of excitement as he realized that she had verbalized an admittance of affection and openness to the gunslinger. He actually turned a bit red himself at the realization, quickly taking another sip from his glass and glancing away for a moment, as if embarrassed at his own remark suddenly.

"I think the healing I need is just a fun night to unwind without people shooting at me~"

Kardek kicked himself a bit for his self-obsessed antics, suddenly feeling a dropping sensation in his stomach as he realized that she was looking for an escape, and what he was currently providing was another form of attack. His posture shifted to being more open and approachable as he looked rather warmly and almost apologetically into her eyes... "Right. Let's forget our responsibilities for a night… just have fun and enjoy ourselves." He nodded with agreement at the proposition.

"I'm uh, also glad that you decided to reach out to meet again." Her tone was a little more genuine and soft now. "I was hoping to... get to know you better."

Kardek paused, offering a bit of a dazed look before taking another sip. Either she was really, really good with her games, or she was being genuine. And he felt that it was the later.

"I'm glad you left me your frequency." He confessed with a bit of a shrug, pouring the wine into her glass, "I'm not sure what this is between us but… I'm interested in finding out." He suddenly felt a bit more reserved, not because of Valery necessarily, but because of his own struggles. As the words were coming out of his mouth, he felt a growing internal conviction that the best thing to do would be to walk away…

for Valery's sake.

23HnXkY.jpg

Club Attrition
div-orange.png
Tag:

"Right. Let's forget our responsibilities for a night… just have fun and enjoy ourselves."

Just like with his earlier statement, there was a lot behind these words. The very direct teasing and playfulness had faded away a little in favor of something more sincere and heartwarming. It took Valery by surprise because she hadn't really been bothered by his earlier comments all that much. But still, there was something about this gentle side to him that she could appreciate a lot. Teasing, games, and flirting were all fun parts of life, but ultimately this tender side was more crucial to make anything last.

Now with a glass of wine held in her hand and her fingers elegantly curled around it, she looked at him much differently than she did before. A lot of the tension between them had been on appearances alone, and the heat of the moment flirting. But now, she felt a far more personal attraction that ignited a brighter fire in her eyes. So after taking a sip from her drink, she leaned forward and looked him in the eyes with some playfulness again, "I'm very glad I left it, too," she said while she leaned onto her elbows and kept her forearms on the table.

She knew what she was doing, but she was still being genuine with her words as well.

"I...wasn't quite sure either, but I think I'm starting to understand, so I agree... let's find out," Valery said as she took another sip from her wine without her eyes ever leaving him once. She now realized that she really had to tell him more sooner rather than later, so she decided to slowly progress in that direction. "I must say, it's surprising that you're not already tied down to someone. You don't strike me as the... patient type," she said with a smirk — clearly a slight joke after he had nearly kissed her at their first meeting.

Last edited:

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

Kardek noted the shift in her eyes. It seemed that his softer side really had a positive effect on the woman. He kept his gaze locked onto hers, taking another sip as he snuffed the cigarra out in the ashtray. No need for causing any more possible offense on his part.

After Valery took a sip of her wine, it seemed the playfulness was bound to continue as she proceeded to squish her lovely breasts together between her arms, causing them to become further accentuated before the gunslinger as she leaned a bit closer towards him. The shift from transparent and genuine back to playful and flirtatious produced in Kardek a bit of surprise, his eyes falling downward almost uncontrollably to partake in the lovely view. He smirked with a bit of a chuckle, nodding as his eyes came back up to her own as if to say 'well played'.

"I...wasn't quite sure either, but I think I'm starting to understand, so I agree... let's find out,"

Kardek bowed his head slightly in agreement as the two took another sip together from their prospective glasses. He found himself leaning in a bit closer to Valery as well, drawn in to her infatuating presence. It was possible that his guard was beginning to drop, but he didn't really care anymore. He was enjoyed their evening together.

"I must say, it's surprising that you're not already tied down to someone. You don't strike me as the... patient type,"

Kardek blinked, processing the comment for a moment. It seemed a little bit out of place, but he didn't mind. "Do I strike you as the settled down type?" He smirked, taking another sip, "I'd like to believe that I have patience regarding some things… but no. No strings attached." He then had a bit of a revelation… wondering if the reason that she was so hesitant was because she herself was in some kind of relationship. That would make a lot of sense, actually…

"What about you?" Kardek asked inquisitively, keeping his steady gaze locked onto Valery, "Strings?" Wouldn't that be a sudden turn of events… He found himself a little bit apprehensive as he awaited her answer.

23HnXkY.jpg

Club Attrition
div-orange.png
Tag: Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha

After the flirting and discussions they've had, her comment about him being tied down probably felt a bit strange, but she had asked it with a specific purpose - she came here today not only to try and make him believe in himself and that he could enjoy his life with meaningful things to it, but she wanted to be honest with him about herself as well. The answer that followed was one she met with a brief smile. She had already expected that would be the case, and it's why he wasn't hesitant at all about making moves. At least, he hadn't been until he picked up on her apprehension.

Now, he likely already understood why, and asked the question that she had wanted to get to. "I have a boyfriend," Valery said calmly, now shifting her position to sit upright while she looked him in the eyes with a gentle frown. She expected anger or disappointment and she wouldn't blame him for feeling either of those things. In fact, she felt disappointed and upset with herself for not telling him sooner, and for not being more clear about everything. "I know there was flirting and tension, but I... I can't take things further, and I shouldn't have let it get this far already either," Valery admitted now with her eyes finally dropping in shame.
Once she got back home, a trip to Dantooine was on the schedule to meet his mother, and she was going to be honest and tell Aldric Laurent what happened.

He deserved to know.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, Kardek. You're a good man, and you really deserve to be happy, even though I know you feel you must still redeem yourself. But I love him and I... I'm sorry," she looked at him apologetically and braced herself for the response she deserved. She really felt she had messed up, both towards Kardek and towards Aldric.

Last edited:

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha

"I have a boyfriend,"

Kardek blinked. She has a boyfriend. What the hell? Kardek straightened up, turning and re-lighting the cigarra that he had put down earlier. He was fuming. A mixture of anger, confusion, and regret swirled around him as he took in a full drag, then quickly followed it up with the rest of his drink, downing it in one gulp. The stream of smoke then escaped his nostrils, his gaze finally coming back to Valery, but this time his eyes communicated a sense of disappointment and judgement towards the Jedi. How could she lead me on like this?? He wondered… Her game did seem beyond cruel to the gunslinger, especially now.

"I know there was flirting and tension, but I... I can't take things further, and I shouldn't have let it get this far already either,"

His eyes remained locked in silent judgement of the Jedi, his gaze almost seemed to be able to penetrate the deepest parts of the woman seated in front of him. Yes… she allowed for things to go much too far in his own assessment. Kardek didn't see in this moment how he could ever be able to forgive her for teasing his heart like she had. He had carried real feelings for the woman. Was she truly so heartless?

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner, Kardek. You're a good man, and you really deserve to be happy, even though I know you feel you must still redeem yourself. But I love him and I... I'm sorry,"

He nodded slowly, taking in another drag and letting it out. "So what is this, exactly?" He finally asked after a moment, his words sharp and rather tense. "What are we doing?" He motioned to the two of them, dressed up as if they were on some kind of date. "What are YOU doing?" He motioned towards her provocative dress. His eyebrows furrowed deeper as he spoke, "Also, you don't know me. Don't pretend like you know me, understood? This is like literally the second time we've ever met. I know who I am, and you don't, so cut the bull shit."

Kardek leaned back in is chair, letting out a labored sigh as he shook his head with obvious irritation. After a moment he felt like he knew the right thing to do in this situation… the gunslinger reached into is pocket and tossed down some credits onto the table, "That should cover our drinks." Kardek stated, standing up and adjusting his suit, his eyes falling back down on Valery, "If you really loved him, you wouldn't have come."

He stood there for a moment, staring at Valery. The logical side of him wanted to walk away and never see the woman again… but there was another side of the gunslinger that wanted something elseThat wanted to take something from Valery that she had teased him with without mercy. She had her words… her reservations… but despite it all, she also had that fire in her eyes… that raw passion and desire…

After a moment of internal wrestle, Kardek finally caved, setting the glass down on the table with a loud clink. The man moved towards Valery, lifting her mouth up with a finger as their lips finally touched for the first time. Kardek would kiss her passionately for as long as she would allow it, then he would pull away and look into her fiery orange eyes…

"I'm not a good man." He whispered with a slight smirk crossing his features. It was almost as if he had won an ongoing argument, having crossed the line that she had placed for herself, and in doing so, having proved her wrong about his character. It was a shallow and meaningless victory, but it was all that Kardek could possibly recover from this mess.

"Don't call me." He said softly, an edge of sadness evident. He could not handle her games, his heart could not take it anymore. And if she was happy with that other guy, then Kardek would only do her harm. This is what was best for both involved parties… Let her go back to her life, and let him go back to his liquor.

23HnXkY.jpg

Club Attrition
div-orange.png
Tag: Kardek Alpha Kardek Alpha

"If you really loved him, you wouldn't have come."

Valery had looked him in the eyes, noticed and felt the pain within him, and listened to every word he said without saying anything in return. There was only regret and shame in her own eyes, and nothing she'd say would really change the way either of them felt. But when he uttered those words, something shifted about her demeanor very rapidly — a flash of anger in her eyes, frustration visible in her body language... he pushed her over the edge.

"How dare you say that," Valery said through gritted teeth before she moved up to stand as well with an almost threatening glare. If she wasn't a Jedi with the self-control of a Master, she probably would have thrown her glass at him. But now, as much as she wanted to leave already, she found herself just glaring at him with her own anger and frustration. It seemed to reach its limits within him as well, as he slammed down his glass on the table and got up to his feet. Then he got closer quickly, and she half-expected him to start throwing punches after everything that happened.

But he tried something much worse.

His finger settled under her chin and as he inched closer to brush his lips against her own, Valery felt herself panic. She placed her hands against his chest to push him away before he could pull her into the kiss he was planning, and her angry glare turned into nothing short of an actual death glare. "You..." she said, barely able to find the words for his attempt to make it all even worse than it already was. "You better get the hell out of here, right now," she threatened without any sign of hesitation.

"Maybe I was wrong about you after all," Valery then added to rub salt into that wound.

"Don't call me."

"
You're delusional if you thought I would!" she exclaimed, and as he left, she realized that she was trembling from how upset and angry she was. Tears filled her eyes and she dropped herself back into her seat with her face hidden in her hands to hide the fact that she was crying. Her life had already been so stressful and difficult lately, and now it had somehow gotten even worse, and she was the only one to blame.

All she longed for now, was Aldric Laurent's embrace, and hopefully his forgiveness.

[final post]

Last edited:

Kardek Alpha

I’m Kardek, He’s Alpha
She pushed him away quickly, those once passionate and fiery eyes now filled with anger. It was apparent that his earlier comment had struck home… likely because it stung with an element of truth that she could not allow for her self to consider. Nonetheless, his expression remained stoic and disconnected as she threatened him to his face, demanding that he leave immediately. Kardek stared at her a moment longer, considering the various things that had just transpired from his harmless attempt at a kiss…

For one: It was apparent that she did truly love this other man. She had resisted the kiss immediately, meaning that although she was flirting with the line, she was unable to bring herself to cross it.

For two: He had focused her anger towards him, forever ending any possibility between the two of them. Through becoming the enemy, he had effectively slammed the door shut that she had been unwilling to fully close herself. It seemed that part of her was curious, maybe not fully settled in her current relationship… why else would she be so interested in a complete stranger? But now, her wings had been clipped. That curious part of her mind was now satiated and uninterested. It was likely that she would never realize the true service that Kardek had provided her… having ultimately helped her make the decision that she should have made on her own.

For three: She smelled… truly wonderful. A scent that would likely not leave him for a long time.

"Maybe I was wrong about you after all,"

Although expected, it still hit like a ton of bricks. A part of him deep inside cried out in terror as it sunk deeper into the abyss of his darkening soul. Kardek slowly turned from the table and walked away, clenching his fists together tightly and grinding his teeth as he tried his best to keep his swelling anger under control. This was for the best... This was for the best...

As he walked outside, Alpha was there talking with some service droids. He silently beckoned him to follow and the assassin droid obeyed, sensing it was not a good idea to engage the gunslinger in conversation. As they returned to the Harbinger, Kardek ordered for Alpha to go to his room. As the droid meandered off, Kardek walked into the cargo bay and stood in front of one of his speeders.

He stared at it for a few minutes... then suddenly…

BAM. BAM. BAM.

His fists slammed down into its hull, over and over again, with all the force he could muster. Each strike was accompanied by a furious scream of frustration as the hull trembled under the weight of his fists. Alpha, all too familiar with Kardek's outbursts, simply hung his head in silence as he listened through the durasteel walls….

BAM. BAM. BAM.

[final post]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom