Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What makes you come alive?

Tresk Ak'lya

T
There's a breathless hush in the Close to-night --
Ten to make and the match to win --
A bumping pitch and a blinding light,
An hour to play and the last man in.
And it's not for the sake of a ribboned coat,
Or the selfish hope of a season's fame,
But his Captain's hand on his shoulder smote
"Play up! play up! and play the game!"

The sand of the desert is sodden red, --
Red with the wreck of a square that broke; --
The Gatling's jammed and the colonel dead,
And the regiment blind with dust and smoke.
The river of death has brimmed his banks,
And England's far, and Honour a name,
But the voice of schoolboy rallies the ranks,

This is the word that year by year
While in her place the School is set
Every one of her sons must hear,
And none that hears it dare forget.
This they all with a joyful mind
Bear through life like a torch in flame,
And falling fling to the host behind --

A quote I wrote long ago when I went by Kyrian on another form, I find it inspirational still to this day.

It is often said that writing is a lonely life, and for the most part such is true. Other jobs are just that, jobs, they start and they end at the same time each day, spinning onward in a cycle that is so monotonously cyclical. But writing, writing is a lifestyle, it is not merely a job but a passion, an occupation. Writing is not from 9 to 5, but from dawn to dawn, it spans that day and often spills over into the silent night, and it is a task that demands isolation, silence, and reflection.

- Kyrian

Ignasius Van-Derveld said:
Most people will probably not care about my internal conflicts and battles o'life, but I have struggled for years with the idea of manhood and whether or not I qualify as a man. I do not mean genderwise, I got that sorted pretty early on, but the idea of masculinity. I never had a father in the house growing up and looked outside of my home for male role models (which I found and am eternally grateful for), but there is always something missing that a good dad can provide to a son. Whether you call it 'legitimization', 'approval' or my preferred term of 'validation' most your guys like to have their father say, "I am proud of you" or "you're a man now". It may seem weird but I have identified this one thing as the root cause of a lot of my baggage in life (pretty well adjust now folks, but it took me a decade at least!) This poem has given me a pretty succinct description of what I have tried to be in life in regards to the idea of 'masculinity'. You may have your different definitions, and you may not like the person that wrote the poem, but the words have inspired me nonetheless.

Oh brother, this so much right now.

This this and more this, this speaks volumes about my life right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom