Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you Mean You Can't Get it at the Store?!{Lightsaber Construction}

The Hound

T
He had heard that becoming a Knight was something that happened over years of training. Granted he had his few years with the Imperial Knights, but he had started from the bottom. He chuckled, remembering his first day training under the Jedi. He wanted to just get out and get back into the sky. But it soon became something much more than that, something that to him, needed to be completed fully. And so here he was. Most Padawans his age had a lightsaber of their own, yet he had refused the process many times during his first weeks of training. It wasn't that he didn't think he was ready, he just didn't want that symbol connected with him. However, he soon found that he wasn't ready and that he needed more time before he would even consider making a his own saber.

Now was that time. He felt he was ready, and apparently the council did as well. He was set to be Knighted within a few weeks, which was all the time he had to finish construction of his lightsaber. He had been secretly obtaining parts for his lightsaber over the past few months, putting them together and taking them apart when he had the time, learning first hand the inner workings of his blade. He hadn't planned on doing anything special for it. He had heard stories of lightsabers that amplified Force powers or carried electrifying shocks. None of that fancied him honestly, he just wanted it done.

His Master had contacted him though. Apparently she had something for him...
@[member="Feena"]

The Eternal Queen
Yes, she had something for him. Feena had trained many students and less than a quarter lasted her tough training. It wasn;t even that it was physically difficult training, although, of course she knew the importance of preparing ones body.
But Feena had her students focus on training their mind.
And she was incredibly picky. She let nothing slide.

Feena was waiting in the training room at their usual spot, sitting in the center. In the palm of her hand was something special.
He didn't have to accept it, but she wanted to offer it all the same.

@[member="Turin Val Kur"]

The Hound

T
Entering the room with his saber, mostly completed, at his waist and in his Jedi Robes he sat before his Master. For a moment, neither of them spoke. He wondered what it was that she had brought him, he could tell that she held something in her hands, however what it was eluded him. All he could know for certain was that it was probably for his lightsaber. It was a thoughtful gesture, and he appreciated it. With a smile and a bow of his head he finally greeted Master @[member="Feena"].

"How are you?" he asked. He didn't want to seem like he was in a rush or anything and he thought it rude to simply take her gift and run. So he did what he thought was the right thing to do, ask her how she was, maybe just a little small talk.

The Eternal Queen
"Oh you know very well how I am," she replied, amused at his attempt to be polite, "now come and sit."
She motioned for spot across from her, hand still clutched around her gift for him.
"As you know, the Council has seen fit to promote you. This is something I do support. You have done well in your training and believe me when I say that is a rare thing."

The Hound

T
Sitting down he listened to her speak. It felt good, that not just Feena had faith in him. But now he was really wondering what she was holding. "Thank you Master. I've been working on my lightsaber for a few months to prepare for my knighthood..." Though honestly, he had no idea what that actually entailed. He was thinking of leaving the order honestly after his knighting as he honestly wanted to continue serving the Republic Navy. He couldn't just leave his squadron like that!
@[member="Feena"]

The Eternal Queen
"Yes, I know you have. That is why I called you here. Tell me... have you found a crystal yet for your lightsaber?"
She smiled gently, fingers gently rubbing the object on her fingers. It was a little sad. It was always sad to see a student knighted. But oh, she always felt such pride when they did something great.

The Hound

T
He shook his head in response. How she knew that was the final component to his lightsaber would never be known to him. Maybe it was just a coincidence. "I haven't actually...It's the last piece that I need to finish it."
It was strange, as they talked he started to get the feeling that he was going to miss writing those reports on seemingly random things. He would still meditate every day but...It just wouldn't be the same.
@[member="Feena"]

The Eternal Queen
"I see..." she replied, "you know, traditionally a Jedi padawan is sent out on Ilum to find their own in the crystal caverns. did you know that?"
She was sure he didn't. That was something she usually only taught when it came time to do that. however, there was not the time for that now.

"But since you can not..."
Her hand opened and inside, nestled in her palm was a crystal, silver in color. From her favorite cavern on Ilum. She had gathered it herself when she was a Padawan.
"I hope you don't mind an old hand-me-down?"

The Hound

T
The look of shock and surprise on his face was understandable. What he was staring at was the final component to his lightsaber. Not only that, but it was a rare, silver crystal. The fact that it was hand-me-down was irrelevant at this point. It was all he could do to not snatch it from her hands and begin construction immediately But if there was one thing he had learned under Master Mason, it was that patience was something to be rewarded. So instead graciously accepted her gift. "I-Thank you." he stammered. "This really means a lot to me.." he muttered.
@[member="Feena"]

The Eternal Queen
Feena smiled a little sadly as she passed the crystal over.
"There is a cavern on Ilum," she said, "where these silver crystals can be found. But it is very hard to find. Impossible, some would say. You must find your way through a long complicated maze of tunnels, and it is very easy to get get lost."
She wasn't sure why she was telling him this, to be honest. Perhaps she just had the need to teach him one more thing. One more lecture.
"I found my way through though, quite on accident when I was a Padawan during the gathering ceremony. I almost didn't make it out, but when I found it, when I saw the cavern... well, this is the crystal I brought back with me."

The Hound

T
He would have to go there some time. The caves she spoke about he head heard mentioned in the texts he read, but had never looked into it extensively. "Well...I think its time that I finally put this together." he muttered a little solemnly It was his next big step, and he was glad that he could make it but he felt as if he was abandoning a part of him. It was probably a stupid thought. With a sigh he pulled the unfinished lightsaber from his belt and placed it down next to the silver crystal. Taking a deep breath he exhaled slowly, clearing his mind, focusing on the weapon itself.

The hilt floated into the air and the metal cylinder slowly slid apart, exposing its sophisticated innards All the pieces were in place, and now the crystal that Feena gave him as a present was lifted as well, making its way to the place it belonged in the floating weapon. Slowly, pieces and parts slid back into place, twisting and turning, locking in place. The was a snap, and the hilt was completed. The finished product floated to Turin's hands, his thumb ran over the smooth, pale surface. For a moment it hovered over the activation switch, hesitating. He knew in his gut and through the Force that his weapon would work, but in the back of his mind he continued to have doubt. With a quick motion the switch was pressed and the silver blade activated with a snap-hiss. His first lightsaber. He watched in wonder as the silver plasma blade was just...there. He looked to his old Master, gratitued filling his charming smile. "Thank you Master Mason."
@[member="Feena"]

The Eternal Queen
Feena watched in silence as her Padawan completed the last step of his training. After this, he wouldn't be hers to boss around. After this, he was free to go. After this, when he was knighted, he would walk out on them, on her. It was bitter, but necessary.
"You've been a great student, @[member="Turin Val Kur"]," she said, leaning over to place a gentle hand on his shoulder, "Do not ever forget what I taught you and keep learning."

The Hound

T
He nodded, a soft smile adorning his face. "I won't, and I will try to keep learning as much as I can." And he meant it. The more he could learn about the Force the better for him and all around him...Right? Deactivating his blade and clipping it to his belt he stood and gave one last wave to his Master and walked from the training room for the last time.
@[member="Feena"]

~End

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom