Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a Pile of Junk

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Briar Thorn"]

There had been a number of things happening and sitting there in the ship Matsu had to admit. She was finding a rather enjoyable time as her attention went to the equipment they had been working on. A notice had been put out to hire salvagers for what they could find and work on getting things here on Raxus Prime. The primary garbage dump world that they could work on things and go through a number of th piles. Thanks to the probe droids to search out and the converters they could break down a lot more quickly.

It gave her a chance to work on the things and search out any technology on the planet that could be cannibalized and put to use. Mostly power and shielding tech that might become of use to their operations and she could see a few things being used or worked on.for their uses. She was looking at ways to upgrade their shielding amulets to use both a technological and a force shield to protect the others. She was just waiting for the ones to come and join her in the search. Hiring others also helped find contacts.

Briar Thorn

Life is a game, so why not enjoy yourself?
[member="Matsu Ike"]

Work had been in short supply for Briar ever since he had left Lothal. He had heard things were not all sunshine and rainbows, a comment from his dad, out in the galaxy, and it was never more true with trying to get hired on for honest, decent paying work. He had left to become a mechanic and engineer, but found himself working more as a salvager than as anything else. He had also found he enjoyed the work because it reminded him of home. Shifting through parts looking for ones that worked or to see what broken parts he could use for other tasks. He had mostly just going through wrecks of ships on back water and forgotten planets while working for his transport. He had gotten a job helping out a mercenary crew to mine beskar recently, but that was the only eventful job he had had. But that was the past, because now he had found himself a new job working as a salvager for someone who was actually willing to pay him decently for honest work. This was the kind of job he had been looking for since he left home and was ecstatic to have finally found one.

Briar was on board the ship of the person who hired him on. He went to find them to see what he needed to do. His parents always said idle hands were wasted hands, and he had taken it to heart. He didn't like being without something to do, especially when he was on the clock getting paid. He liked to earn his credits, not be handed them for nothing. It was only fair to everyone that way. He found his employer for this job and walked over to her. He waited for her to be less distracted then said with a smile and bit of excitement in his voice, " 'ello there. I be Briar Thorn. Ya hired me on as a salvager. I wanted to let ya know how much I appreciate the chance and the job. I also wanted to find out what ya wanted me to do so I can get right on it."

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Matsu looked when someone arrived and being here on the world she could do a lot with all of it. They had been working on some of the harder things here. Seeing the man come who was answering the ad before she spoke. "Well here on Raxus there is any number of things you can see and offer. We have been working on the sections of scrap and junk to divide it up and see what we can find in it." There was a grin on her face looking at him as she brought some of the attention to him with the salvage droids going over the different parts of it all. "How skilled are you in salvaging?"

Briar Thorn

[member="Matsu Ike"]

The woman was very friendly as she spoke to him. Briar was glad to have an employer who wasn't a perpetually angry jerk for once. He really was starting to realize how bad his other jobs had been before this one, and he hadn't even really gotten started yet. He was having a great first impression though of this new boss. He listened to what she had to say to him. He wasn't sure how to honestly answer that question. He didn't want to lie and say he is the best salvager ever, but he also didn't want to say that he had no idea because that would make him look bad. He needed an answer that was both honest and made a good impression.

Briar said when he got his answer after a moment or two of thought, " I be better than some salvagers out there, but I'm not the best. I can promise I will do me best and work hard for ya. I know that don't really answer yar question though." He smiled to her a little awkwardly as he rubbed the back of his head. He was a little embarrassed that he had actually said all of that. Maybe it would have been better to just tell her he didn't really know how good he was at the job.

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Matsu looked at him while she was listening with a nod of her head, going over the information on her datapad before showing where things were. "Well then this will help, though I would say if you can look up Menka and her salvagers. They run a good business." Always pass things down to her friend and one of the people she supports looking over a section of the piles. They were cataloging ships and droids with parts they could salvage and cannibalize for parts to work on. She was over checking some of the things they had for new and existing products to design them into more useful tech. She wanted to find and reverse xythan shields to combine the tech with their amulets so a good combination of tech and force for jedi or rangers to use.

Briar Thorn

[member="Matsu Ike"]

The job was to salvage parts from droids and ships it seems. Briar could do this job without any instructions. It was what he had been doing lately after all ever since he left Lothal. He didn't mind taking things apart for parts because it was what had gotten him interested in droids and machines in general. He was shown the basics of repairs by his dad and how to salvage parts from droids that couldn't be useful anymore when he was younger. He took it a step further and had developed a love for finding out how things worked, as well as got good at putting them back together again. He was glad he wouldn't need any special instruction for now.

Briar smiled and said, " Right, I be on it now." He went over to a pile that wasn't getting as much attention right now. He got into it and began to take apart a droid. He worked on removing the outer hull and got into it. He pulled out the parts he thought were worth keeping and put them in a pile on his right. He got out the parts he didn't think were worth keeping and put them to the left. He kept it up until the droid was picked clean. He got out of it and swiped some sweat off of his head. He said as he looked at it, " Do ya want me to save the outer hulls or scrap them with the bad parts?"

[member="Briar Thorn"]

"The outer hull if it is intact get to he side, sections we have quick ways to break down and droids for dividing it up. Power cells can be dangerous if they are damaged so watch out." She didn't want one to be ruptured and explode or worse just leak out and risk getting sick. They had their work cut out for themselves with the large piles but she had been following up some of the reports from her friends like Domino who had pointed out large amounts of scrap because of the clean up associated with the gulag plague. It helped in the long run to give them plenty to work with and start on while she was beginning to dig itno the pile and divide things up for the different droids.

Briar Thorn

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Everything she had to say about the power cells was true, very true. Briar hated to think about it, but he had seen what happens if a power cell got ruptured and exploded. It happened once when he went to help a neighbor back on Lothal fix some of their droids that had gotten damaged during a nasty storm. While Briar worked on one droid, his neighbor worked on another and was having to try to hit parts to get them out to be replaced. While they were doing this, they accidentally hit the power cell that had already taken some trauma from the storm and it exploded. It was not a pleasant scene, and the only good thing to come out of it was that his neighbor survived the explosion even if it had taken some time for them to recover once they left the hospital. Her orders of what to do with the hull helped to know what to do as well.

Briar said with a smile, " Thank ya boss. I will do it right away. Where do ya want the good power cells at? No sense lettin' them go to waste. Oh and where shall I put the good parts when I have a good size stack." He felt like he was asking too many questions right now, but he needed to know what to do with the parts. He had just gotten here after all and most of the work was being done by droids. He wondered how much raw scrap they were going through right now. It was astounding how many piles upon piles of the stuff was here. Sassori certainly was looking to be a great company to him right now, and he was enjoying have an honest job. He enjoyed working with his hands so much.

OOC: Sorry for the late response to the thread!

[member="Briar Thorn"]

Matsu continued to work and for the most part it was in silence save the sounds of metal grating against metal and the droids. This wasn't a place for revelations about life it was a place you could go and see what was left behind when things were gone and the lower you went the stranger and more depressing it could get as warships and civilian crafts lost in battles. Or war droids from eras past as she was getting some of the shielding units from several of the droids divided up. THey could work them over and construct a stronger hopefully more useful shield for energy and heat in the longer run but she was also looking at the growing pile of hull parts the droids were taking to the warehouse for processing in the joshu. So far this salvager had been a good investiment.

Matsu was looking at the other things they had going on, the jedi master was walking as with the salvager she was able to get a small area to look at the droids and send her own in to start cannibalizing the materials and parts. She had been working on some of the other things she she saw the engineers along with some of the droids coming out to help them around the area. her droids were breaking down and organizing the other droids they were finding in the salvage and debris. "We have been making progress master jedi, the drpods are breaking down parts they are finding and organizing components for the different things." Matsu was looking at the others while she continued on and a small datapad displayed what they had to work with and what they were doing on some of the different piles on the planet. "That is good, we shall continue here for now and cannibalize the parts so we can start producing the components we want to work with." She said it while they were heading back towards the ship with the operations left over here. Sasori would move to the next operation and world to et it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom