Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private We're Complementary, Like Colors and Candy

jC9Evh7.png
D E N O N
H O M E
M I D D A Y

"I don't want this to be goodbye."
"I don't want it to be either."

How do you say anything but yes to a woman after that? Yes was the only word that existed in the entirety of her vocabulary for at least a solid five minutes after the question had been posed, but that was a while ago now - she was, for the most part, over the initial excitement. It was reality now, marriage and all of the things that came with it were now a certainty. It wasn't something she'd even dreamed would be a possibility for her, for them, even on that last afternoon lazing about in a dorm room when she'd considered popping a somewhat less serious, but altogether similar, question of her own. A younger Ellie had already been in love with her best friend long before they'd came out and said it to each other and, in a way, this felt like a rather satisfying closure to that chapter of their lives.

"Do you think we'd make good parents?" She asked out loud from the kitchen sink, rinsing the same glass for the fourth consecutive minute as she slowly pulled herself out of the daydreams she'd been floating in for the same length of time. She shut the water off, grabbing a towel to dry the glass with shortly after, and turned towards Sylvia Virtos Sylvia Virtos with a curious look on her face. There wasn't some strong desire for parenthood or anything along those lines, it was just the natural destination that her train of thought came to after deciding this was a good point in her life to decide that she was finally grown up from that little girl she'd been on Bastion. She couldn't help but feel that, at least in some way, she had lagged behind a little bit in that respect to Sylv. "Just kind of wondering if, y'know, not having my own parents would make me a worse mom if we ever adopted or something."

It was the sort of thought she'd normally shrug off, but conversation was conversation and in her head married couples usually had kids - not that she expected either of them to suddenly want one - so it only made sense to think about these sort of things now before feelings about having them became overwhelming.

luIvSC6.png

When they see just one, do they see us two?
Ellie Mors Ellie Mors

It was a quiet night like any other, cuddled up to Ellie on the couch. The thought had come out of nowhere. An impulse-driven moment, in complete contrast to the way it was 'intended' to be done. She'd have to get her that ring afterwards, she supposed. The most important thing was making sure Ellie knew just how much she meant to her. That couldn't wait.

"Hey, Ellie, I just realized there's something I really want to ask you."

And there was the spike in heart rate.

"Yeah, I gotta do it. Do you want to marry me?"

Sylvia opened the door and was met by someone holding a package. After a quick exchange of hi's it was held out to her and after a quick nod and thank you, the deliveryman moved on to his next address. The door was shut once more and Sylvia made her way back out of the hall. Right as she tossed the package onto the settee to open later, Ellie's voice drew her attention towards the kitchen. The look Sylvia got was returned in fashion. "Hm?"

Now that was a question.

Sylvia made her way over to the kitchen and planted a quick kiss on Ellie's cheek. She had come over to see if there were more dishes left to be done, but all there was left to be done was to put it away. It wasn't much, but she could take at least that out of her fiancé's hands. "I think you'd make a good mom, actually. Better than me, in any case." While it was said lightheartedly, the sentiment was genuine. Ellie she could see as a mother. As for herself, she couldn't even imagine how she'd manage it. Spark was a tiny droid, and that was a handful and then some already.

With one hand Sylvia opened the cupboard and with the other she put the two plates back where they came from. "Wait, is this you telling me you want to adopt a kid?" Her head turned towards Ellie first, then the rest of her body followed as she gave the cupboard door a push. The two of them as parents wasn't something Sylvia had pictured in her head before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom