Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We're Bad Guys...It's What We Do

After having considered what I could do to make some more contacts I'd come up with a plan to hijack a comm relay and Holonet relay satellite and plant a small device that would discreetly mine data and transfer it to private servers elsewhere. The crew I'd assembled had a varied array of skills and no doubt would be very effective at their jobs...Part of their pay would be a key to tap the hijacked relays and mine the data for their own use. Another part would be weapons we were reclaiming from an old military base on Yinchorr where there'd been a Royal Guardsmen academy along with an abondoned Imperial garrison.

Sending out a message to the parties who'd shown an interest. It read "Greetings, the plan is as follows we're going to be hijacking a holonet and comm relay satellite and planting a device to discreetly mine the data. Each person will recieve a code to tap into the data and download things relevant to their interests. Information is after all power... Secondly upon completion of this we will all meet on the surface of the planet Yinchorr. There still remains a Royal Gaurdsmen academy and an abandoned Iperial garrison. Any weapons you find or take from this location will be yours to do with as you see fit. Upon completion of this job each person who has participated will be paid in a small case filled with Arkanian Diamonds again yours to do with as you see fit...We'll meet in orbit around Bogden and then go from there. I look forward to working with you all..."

Packing my gear into The Cherry Blossom I got loaded and plotted the jump for the orbit of Bogden and after engaging the take-off sequence and breaking atmo on Voss I engaged the jump. This would be a good day one thing I'd learned from James Justice was that crime payed well...

[member="Yen"] - [member="Ben Corscifine"] - [member="Nej Tane"]

[member="Celiana"]

Yen looked at the information for herself and the plan while she sat there and shrugged. Given the amount of credits she had made selling off her company well... selling most of it she had a lot since it had expanded and aided in making several billion credit wise. It also let her get some of that very nice and very sweet tech for jobs like this when she was chewing some of the gum. "Alright then, should be easy and fun." Yen gave it a moment though while she readied herself stretching out the hammies and her body. "Lets go and get to have some fun." She wanted to see what they would be able to make out fo the academy with that the imperials might have left behind.

Starlines flared, and a small shuttle reverted to realspace on the edge of the Bogden system.

Thanking an old friend of his, not for the first time, Talak guided the borrowed ship towards the designated point, letting the autopilot guide them towards where he would be meeting with the others.

A case of Arkanian diamonds was certainly worth getting out of bed for, but it was the other tidbits of information he'd been given that had really motivated him to join in the small band being assembled. Abandoned Imperial garrisons were always of interest, all too often they left behind a few choice items, forgotten or simply ignored as the forces occupying them withdrew. And while cold, hard diamonds were worth their weight in...well, diamonds, finding a few crates of blasters would absolutely make traveling out here worth it...

I'd dropped back out into realspace and noted there was already one ship here with luck the rest would begin to show up soon. Walking into my shipboard armory I donned a pair of cream colored Jedi trousers and the matching under tunic and slightly darker outer tunic. I secured those down before I began fastening the Beskar plates over my shins and thighs. Airing on the side of caution I slipped my Beskar cuirass over my head and tightened it down. Calling my sabers to my hands with The Force I placed them on the magnetic strips along my ribs locking them in place.

Doing the same with my DC-17m rifle I slipped it along the magnetic points on the outside of the right thigh-plate. Grabbing several spare magazines of energy cells I stacked them together and fitted them into a magazine holder on my left thigh plate. Pulling on the cream colored outer cloak I clipped my helmet to my belt and grabbed my pair of razor whips along with my phrik combat trident. I'd been looking for a chance to break it in and it appeared now I'd have one.

Sending out a message to the people who'd showed up for this little heist I said, "Attention various thieves, hunters, slicers and other assorted people who responded to the job of jacking a holonet and comm relay along with re-acquiring old tech and weapons on Yinchorr. The relay in question is in orbit over Yinchorr and as soon as all the people repsondingto the job arrive we will be jumping to Yinchorr as a group. If before hand you would like to grab some caf and food make it a point to dock with my ship The Cherry Blossom. It's a Dynamic class freighter. I look forward to working with you all."

Now I just had to wait for the rest of the party people to arrive...

[member="Talak Prine"] - [member="Yen"] - @Everyone Else

The Cherry Blossom. Kind of a stupid name, but then again, it was kind of a stupid job. But he needed the money, and he needed the stress relief of committing a crime. A minor one, in the long run. Hijacking people's credit chips and all that was good fun, but really, no lasting criminal legacy weighed in on petty theft. He wore only a shirt and a shoulder holster, with a small belt with small pouches on it. No need for anything extravagant, or some fancy armor. No need, no requirement.

He cracked his knuckles as he approached the Cherry Blossom, and requested to come aboard.

He could use some caffeine. His eyes betrayed the amount of sleep he was getting. Running from Hutts was exhausting.

[member="Celiana"]

The cherry blossom.... Yen looked at it and raised an eyebrow while walking with a shrug holding the multi purpose rifle and the other was just a baton. An echani baton for the telescopic design and Chai La had made small tips on the ends for stabbing people and giving them an allergic reaction to the deads. Very technical and very serious situation before she saw one or two others who might be coming along on this endeavor as well so... Why not be over friendly and dance around as she held the pack of equipment needed to rob and murderize people. "Well now this is going to be so much fun, who are we giving a severe allergy to blaster bolts?"

Ben had been informed of a job with one of James Justice's contacts after his meeting with the big boss himself. [member="Celiana"] was a rogue Force User, like Ben, so the young Jedi hoped that there was something more to be gained from the experience than diamonds. True, crime paid, but Ben was still trying to rationalize his recent mercenary activity with logic less shallow than material survival. Maybe this would serve as a degree of much desired training in the ways of the Force. He had accepted the job with more celerity than he might have a month ago, and [member="Jessica Justice"] provided him with a transport to Bogden. As Ben's shuttle exited hyperspace, he was made aware of a transmission from Celiana: he was to board her nearby ship to learn more of the mission.

Ben was no slicer, but he hoped that the dateline may still serve a purpose: he had been trying to track down his parents long before he had left Lothal. He had not forgotten the dream he had had at the bottom of the chasm on Ilum. He needed to know that they had been safe during the time that the One Sith held Coruscant. The second part of the mission was of interest as well. Ben always looked forward to an opportunity to learn about combat: perhaps he could find something at the Academy that would be of use in his training.

As he boarded the Cherry Blossom, he could sense (or conjecture from the number of ships that had already arrived) that he was late to the party. Ben hurried down the ramp of the shuttle toward the assembling group of thieves. Ben felt a little out of place among the tough crowd. This was going to be fun.

[member="Yen"] | [member="Nej Tane"] | [member="Talak Prine"]

The process of docking his small no-name shuttle to the Cherry Blossom was complicated somewhat by the fact that his borrowed vessel was old, in poor repair, and had a habit of not doing what it was supposed to. Try as he might, Talak could not sit idly by as the docking autopilot sputtered, whirred, and jerked the ship erratically in all directions, and so, with gritted teeth, he manually joined the two ships.

One minor headache down, who knew how many left to go. Jumping out of the pilot's seat (complete with duct-tape covered tears and an odd smell), he retreated to the passenger section, where he quickly donned a pair of nondescript fatigues, loading himself up with a slightly battered blaster carbine, an even more shabby pistol at his hip, and a jagged-edged knife, which was inserted into a small sheathe at the base of his back.

So dressed, he crossed over to the Cherry Blossom, trying to ignore the faint hiss of escaping air coming from the shuttle's docking port as he did so.

"You know, it's not often I'm offered pre-larceny caf. I like you already," He gave Celiana a casual salute by way of greeting, a wry smile crossing his features.

[member="Ben Corscifine"] [member="Yen"] [member="Nej Tane"] [member="Celiana"]

Offering people coffee as they came aboard I sensed some disdain for my ships name. Speaking to the assembled people I said, "Anyone who has a problem with my ships' name or the paintjob can feel free to go out in an EVA suit and redo a 36 hour long handpainted design. Anyone else can buy themselves a new ship with a custom paint deal after this job. Sandwiches are on the table and the job is as follows. Once we all make the jump to Yinchorr orbit anyone with electronics skills or an expertise in slicing will be in charge of constructing a device that will be attached to both the comm and holonet relay via an EVA op."

"This device will need to remain undetectable to the authorities and will serve as a way to discreetly mine data and stream it which any of us can download from or stream. Got a Hutt you're running from? A senator you haven't been able to discuss business with? That's what this is for, gaining leverage and power over those people. Use the information as you see fit, with the knowledge in mind that any of the rest of us can and will do the same."

Taking a sip of my caf and a bite of a sandwich. I swallowed my food and took another sip of caf saying, "As for the ground exploration, there's an old royal Guardsmen training academy on the surface as well as an area know as the shaft. I suggest you not fall down that hole you won't get out if you do. That being said the academy would be worth checking out as there's a possibility of some exotic weapons there. Knowing the royal guardsmen they had some nifty toys to play with. As for the Imperial garrison last I heard they'd rigged explosives and booby traps in both locations. There's also the fact that there are small pockets of Blackwing infected people down there courtesy of Imperial bio-weaposn testing...Headshots and decapitation are best from my experience. Anyone who needs a ride can catch one with me especially if you're worried about making the jump."

[member="Talak Prine"] - [member="Ben Corscifine"] - [member="Yen"] - [member="Nej Tane"]

Ralska's stolen starcraft exited hyperspace near the orbit of Bogden, the trashed vessel had nearly no recognition of it's production model, the frame scratched and scuffed. Did Ralska care? No, this was but a temporary form of transportation, just to get him from point A to point B. He didn't have the choice to care, his soon to be empire was under construction, he had no money to begin construction, build a loyal base of followers, and the many other things to fuel the galactic machine he envisioned. Many were the days he wished he could begin his manslaughter of those deemed good in the galaxy, for the beginning of a new superiority bringing the galaxy to it's needs, killing the weak in favor of the superior. Sadly he was still alone, not only as a species, but as a person. He needed allies to help him in his endeavor, and all though he might not find one here, but getting his name around always helped.

But back to the matter at hand, he was here to do a job, so he could get some money. He recognized the Cherry Blossom from the stint sign up, and the sluggish vessel he commanded slowly maneuvered its way towards it. The old rust bucket of a ship docked at one of the few remaining vacant boarding areas, Ralska smashed the control panel of the ship and entered the Cherry Blossom. Before truly exiting the docking area, he pressed the release button, letting his vessel slowly float away from the Cherry Blossom, not to be missed.

[member="Celiana"] • [member="Talak Prine"] • [member="Ben Corscifine"] • [member="Yen"] • [member="Nej Tane"]

Flicking my eyes over towards the scanners I saw that another ship had docked and then had been released to drift? Tapping in a command on my Beskar gauntlet I had my ship peg the ship with a homing beacon and activate it. Just then a Rakatan stepped aboard as I was finishing my briefing. Looking at him I said, "Your ship seems to have forsaken you. My offer of a ride if anyone needs one still stands. This seems to be everyone so we'll rendezvous in orbit over Yinchorr and those with electronics or slicing expertise will be on the EVA section of this mission. Everyone else I'll see you on the ground."

With that my briefing was over and anyone who wanted sandwiches or caf was free to grab them. This is where the fun begins I thought to myself...

[member="Ralska"] - [member="Talak Prine"] - [member="Ben Corscifine"] - [member="Nej Tane"] - [member="Yen"]

[member="Celiana"], the head of the mission, was impressive enough a commander. She was tall and athletic looking, with striking features and a commanding voice. Ben could feel her through the Force, the way he had felt his partners on Lothal so clearly. The woman was obviously touched by the Light Side, and Ben looked forward to seeing how she handled the ground mission. He himself had no skill with technology, and he assumed he would be of more use on the ground. Ben also had no ship, so it looked like he was taking the commander's lead. Ben took a drink of the caf that he found prepared for the team, Cute, he thought.

"Celina. I was wondering what kind of resistance we were expecting on the ground. I'd prefer not to have to take any lives on this mission."

Ben wondered to himself how the team would break down in terms of the dual mission. So far, the folks assembled all looked more like bruisers than hackers. He wondered who exactly was going to volunteer for the EVA mission. At present, Ben's credits were on drawing straws, though he had been wrong before.

[member="Ralska"] | [member="Talak Prine"] | [member="Yen"] | [member="Nej Tane"]

Turning to a young man who said, "Celiana. I was wondering what kind of resistance we're expecting on the ground. I'd prefer not taking live if possible." I looked him over before speaking. "Ben, was it? James said you might be popping along. Light sider too...have we met before?" Looking him up and down I noted that he was a VERY handsome young man. "As for ground resistance expect some Blackwing infected people. Booby trap are quite likely in both locations and there's always the likelihood of pirates as well as Mandalorians...other than myself in any case."

"Though since James mentioned you I'd like it if you'd accompany me on both portions of this job." Leaning in beside him as though I were going to kiss his cheek I said, "I've a bad feeling about the Rakatan. He's an enigma as well, his ship was drifting as soon as he stepped aboard and I'm not keen on having either of my ships stolen. Plus I've a good feeling about you and I'd like to have someone that I trust working with me in the future. James vouched for you and now you have the opportunity to prove him right."

Making sure to sell it I kissed his cheek. Turning towards the Rakatan I said, "If you'll accompany me to the cockpit we'll be making the jump shortly." Cutting my eyes back to Ben I walked up the hallway to the cockpit and enabled the anti-theft and tamper-deterrant protocols as I plotted the jump to Yinchorr. I was wearing my EVA bodysuit under my robes and my Beskar'gam sat in place along my tunic. All I'd need to do is make sure that Ben was wearing an EVA suit as well. Since nobody else had offered I'd be the one putting together the device that would serve as a discreet data mine. Which also meant I'd be the one with the code to be distributed at the conclusion of this job. This was where the fun began...

[member="Ben Corscifine"] - [member="Ralska"] - @ Everyone Else

Nej stared at the girl, before absent-mindedly thumbing the slugthrower under his left arm. He looked at the Jedi girl the same way that a hawk would look at another hawk- full of contempt, curiousity, and the strong feeling that maybe that the hawk was going to stab him in the back."Personally, I don't think wonderboy should be going. I think I'm the only one here who actually has a skillset outside of..well, frankly, making people hurt."He stared at the Jedi, @Celiana. He also wanted to make sure that he got his fair share of the pie at the end. And right now, she didn't look incredibly keen on offering them the slice of the pie.

Nej was one who always liked to get his pie.

"If you're trusting people in this business lady, you're wrong."

[member="Ben Corscifine"] @Ralska@Talak Prine

Turning as I was addressed I said, "Well how did you say it? Wonderboy? I've worked with and trust the person who's vouched for him and if you do know anything it's that the name James Justice carries a lot with it, he can and will make people hurt. Trust is earned and James Justice has earned mine and by extension wonderboy has too until he proves otherwise which I'm hoping he won't. Besides he doesn't have the baggage of running from Hutts. I did a bit of research on all of you before contacting you. With this payday you'll be able to blackmail, extort, or whatever else you care to do to the people you're running from. Also if you care to you could pay them off with some of the diamonds." Smiling cheekily while I met his gaze with a cold look I said, "If you think because I'm a Jetii that I'm soft you'd be wrong I was Echani and Mandalorian before I ever held a saber and the Mando'ade are VERY good at making people hurt. As for pay, well if you do the job and don't try to pit people agianst each other or me then you'll be fine."

My cold look still fixed on this mouthy if not well dressed lad I said, "You can either think the worst and have it delivered to you on a gilded platter or suck it up and space the pre-concieved notions. You'd be payed regardless because if you're clawed or bitten by one of the Blackwing freaks down there you're dead anyways. Either way you'll get paid. This is more so I can build trust and perhaps work with some of you in the future. Now then, if this has satisfied your curiousity I'd suggest getting to your ship."

Turning towards Ben I said, "Come on wonderboy the cockpit if you please..." I still had the feeling something was up with the Rakatan but I also knew from my last trip to Yinchorr that there were still some exotic ships left in both the Guardsmen Academy and the Garrison. So if he needed a ship that was more up to date he could find one on the surface.

[member="Nej Tane"] - [member="Ben Corscifine"] - [member="Ralska"] - @Everyone Else

Ben was not used to working in such informal conditions. If he was going to keep doing business with spacers and criminals, he would probably need to get used to missions that were rougher around the edges. Celiana had just kissed him on the cheek for some reason--not that Ben was particularly upset about it; it was harmless enough as long as it was just the commander trying to gain his trust or drop his guard: she would be able to do neither. Still, he wondered what would happen if word got back to James that his daughter's boyfriend had been on Celiana's ship for ten minutes and already she was getting personal with him. All things considered, Ben resolved to drop the thought, [member="Celiana"] was sticking up for him, and this was a great way to start his new career with Justice Shipping contacts. He returned her affection with a smile.

Honestly, Ben had no interest in the EVA mission. He hated spacewalks and he had no affinity for tech. If Celiana wanted him to do it, he would, but he wasn't interested in getting into a who's the most valuable criminal on this job contest with [member="Nej Tane"]. But he was interested in building a relationship with these people, and Celiana was the known quantity here. As far as Ben was concerned his best course of action was to do whatever she suggested. Even if that meant answering to "Wonderboy."

"If we need another slicer, I have no problem with Nej accompanying us. I don't see why we need to argue when we're most effective cooperating." Ben tried to remain conciliatory. If he was pushed much further, he would push back, but he was clearly younger than the other folks involved. He didn't want to overstep any bounds. He nodded to Nej and gave a curt, "I'll see you out there," before turning to go toward the cockpit with their commander.

"Kark. There isn't generally this much questioning of orders when I've worked with James. Looks like we need to keep our eyes on everyone," he offered half-jokingly to Celiana when they were out of the smuggler's earshot. Best to get friendly with the person in charge when she was both of the highest status on this job and the person in charge of the payout.

[member="Ralska"] | [member="Talak Prine"]

As Ben and I made our way to the cockpit I said, "the kiss on the cheek wasn't because I want to jump your bones. The moving in against you was to be able to speak to you without everyone hearing perhaps you can use that technique in the future. The wonderboy reference was more to annoy the dude with the attitude problem than anything else. Also even if there were questioning with James he'd do what he wanted anyways."

"Sorry if I made you uncomfortable though Ben...James mentioned that you'd trained as a Jedi. Firstly is that true? If so would you mind me taking a look at your saber or sabers?" Pulling my sabers from the magnetic strips along my ribs I held them out and said, "I offer you the opportunity to do the same." Keying in the jump coordinates to Yinchorr I waited to see Ben's reaction and have anyone else who wasn't catching a ride with me to disembark back to their own ships...

[member="Ben Corscifine"] - [member="Ralska"] - @Everyone Else

It seemed Ben had gotten easier to read in his time away from the academy--either that or [member="Celiana"] had particularly well developed Force Sense. She seemed to know everything he had thought during their last interaction, and Ben was surprised at her responding to it. He would have to work on guarding his thoughts and feelings when dealing with Force Sensitives. Still, he gained a deeper appreciation for the leader of the mission: clearly she was adept at picking up on the feelings of her subordinates. Truth be told, Ben didn't mind the closeness. He seemed to have a particular affinity for aggressive women, and not for nothing he did find the older commander attractive. Not that anything would come of it; he cared to much for Jessica and knew full well how quickly she could squash him if he did anything to upset her.

All that aside, it was time for work. Ben was always curious to work with other Jedi, and he did trust Celiana. As he joined her in the cockpit, he did not hesitate to produce his lightsaber from below his coat. Ben had not worn Jedi robes in a while, but he always made an effort to conceal his weapon beneath some layer of clothing. His revealing it for a reason aside from combat was a sign that Celiana had won his trust--although it was helped along by the way [member="Nej Tane"] had behaved, and the apparent danger posed by @Ralska.

"I constructed it myself on Lothal after my master abandoned the Order," Ben offered. It had been a while since he had considered his very personal weapon. "The crystal is from the caverns on Ilum."

He then accepted the woman's twin sabers and began turning the hilts over in his hands, studying the craftsmanship.

[member="Talak Prine"]

Smiling at the craftsmanship of the saber I quietly said, "The heart of a warrior indeed. Your saber fits you I'd say Ben. Now that the matter of honor and mutal respect along a healthy dose of curiosity has been satisfied we have a jump to make." I'd checked to make sure all of the other ships had undocked then I ran a quick sensor sweep to make sure nobody had planted any unwanted surprises on my ships. After confirming they hadn't I pulled the lever and launched Ben, myself, and the Rakatan towards Yinchorr.

I was already in my EVA suit under the robes I was wearing all I'd need would be my helmet. As for Ben, he didn't actually need to do the EVA activity but he'd still be clipped in with a harness and mag-boots providing me cover and another set of eyes as I worked. Tunring to look at him I said, "When we get to orbit over Yinhorr you're going to accompany me on the EVA run you'll only need to provide me cover and another set of eyes but you'll be needing an EVA suit and mag-boots. If you don't have either that's ok cause I have a spare set of both." For now though I think I'd like to know a bit more about you Ben. Kicking my feet up on the control panel I said "so, tell me about yourself."

[member="Ben Corscifine"] - [member="Ralska"] - [member="Nej Tane"] - [member="Talak Prine"] - @Yen

OOC: Sorry it took me awhile to get back to this y'all life got cray. Anyhoozles who's posting next? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom