Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well that's Bazaar

Oddball

This is what happens when you tap the glass
02-pater-sato-magazine-cover_900.jpg

It had been some time since the Rebel Alliance has lost control of Geonosis, since their loss and push back from the sith controlled Techno Union. Rumors were that the Union was planning on seizing the territory again and that was a huge deal for the people of Ryloth, the old Confederacy had abolished slavery under their rule and while the Techno Union certainly wasn't the Confederacy anymore there were always remnants of what once was. And what oddball remembered from those remnants was the deaths of billions of people on Druckenwell, despite the unions efforts to restore the planet those wounds would never heal. But if there was anything Oddball could do today it would be to help at least the families he knew during his service on the planet by stocking their kitchens if crap did go down.

So walking through a crowded subterranean Bazaar of the capital city, Oddball had a rucksack on his back and a walet in his pocket to do a little grocery shopping. While his brain lead him through the motions of buying food in his heart of hearts every face he passed he could only feel failure, he could only feel the crushing defeat at Geonosis and how the lives of these people would be forever changed due to it. Maybe it was for the better, yeah, and maybe sith wouldn't go around slaughtering thousands of people to create an alchemy forge. So pushing his failures to the side for a moment Oddball approached fruit vendor and rubbed his bare robotic hand against his face and eyes. Not so much a gesture of being tired, but that he just couldn't stand to look the man in his face.

"Just give me the freshest stuff you have, apples, whatever it is, doesn't matter. A dozen please." Oddball said as he began to reach for his wallet and whip it out.

The Clone was dressed in very casual clothes, a buttoned up and tucked in polo shirt, some slacks, and a pair of black dress shoes he wore back in his service of the confederacy. Couldn't throw away good shoes despite coming from an evil source. Sighing heavily the clone looked up at the artificial light above and shook his head trying not to think about the pain he felt just by standing there. His body language, his face, and arm. All of it was unique to most if not all people wandering around the market at the moment trying to buy food for their families. All that mattered to Oddball was that he helped those he could now, even if it was as small as feeding them with his own credits.

[member="Shalimar"]

The times were without a doubt rough as they could be. And for Shalimar, personally it wasn't any different. Like much of this sector of space, she'd fallen on hard times. After escaping Atrisia and the horrors she experience there .... work had been hard to come by. With that came a fundamental daily problem of finding enough food to eat, and a place to sleep. Just the basics of life, and for everything it seemed life was nothing but a daily struggle. A fight just to survive.

In some ways, the hybrid hadn't expected things to be this difficult upon her escape, but people were hardly sympathetic of an adult down on their luck. Then of course there were the small oddities that made Shalimar different enough, strange enough that most people on gut instinct alone avoided her.

Keen ears strained, picking apart the many conversations going on around her in the bazaar. Her nose, with it's internal structure altered enough to make her ability to smell far above a normal human, left her taking in all the interesting and even repulsive scents that most folks missed.

Sighing in the heat, she fumbled in her pocket for the last coin she had as she paused as a fruit vendor. Rubbing the coin between her fingers and thumb, she glanced to the fruit available, trying to find at least one single thing she could purchase. She gave a glance to the man beside her in simple clothing before she fished an incredibly small and pathetic looking apple from the pile, and handed her last coin to the vendor.

"Just this." She said quietly, as she glanced nervously behind her, checking both directions, ears straining to hear any sign of trouble to come. Looking for the people that had just never seemed to give up hunting her. Shalimar's own clothing was looking rather worn, seeming to have seen much better days a year or two ago, just a simple tank top, and a rather ragged pair of jeans. For her part, given the state of things on Ryloth, the girl probably didn't seem that much out of place. The vendor lifted an eyebrow at her choice, but none the less accepted her coin.

Taking her food in hand, she gave one last look to the man beside her before she started to turn away. For her part, Shalimar couldn't stand staying in one place for more than a few moments, untrusting and always looking over her shoulders for fear of what might happen. Paranoid was the word, and not without good reason.

[member="Oddball"]

Oddball

This is what happens when you tap the glass
[member="Shalimar"]

Oddball was in no way shape or form a rich man, he was a soldier. A soldier for an army that still used Incom X-wings for Force sakes. But if there was one thing he hated, it was desperation that could be helped. Oddball didn't directly look at the woman, but with a few indirect glances he could inspect her. Malnourished, ragged, probably hadn't bathed in a few days either by the smell of her. She had a sweet yet pungent lemony smell to her, sweat and natural pheromones the body gave off after not being washed for a day or two.

He hesitated for a moment, debating helping this woman. This place was coming under Union control soon and he was sure there were agents everywhere, and his face on their wanted list. So there was always a gamble, always a chance that this person wanted to kill him or turn him into the union. So he ran the possibilities, but no matter how much he did he knew deep down he couldn't leave this person. He wasn't like the union, he wasn't a droid created to do their fighting for them.

"He-Hey!" Oddball said to the girl as she turned away to begin to leave.

Rounding up the items he purchased he quickly grabbed the food and walked over to the woman debating putting a hand on her, he decided against it as he slowly pulled his hand away. When you spend five years of your life growing up on Kamino training to be a commando and the other five fighting in wars, social skills wasn't really your strong suite.

"I was just about to head over to a friends house for dinner, and you look hungry. Did you want to come?" he said asking the woman straight forward.

Again not great with the social skills. He had no idea how to conduct a proper conversation with a person and even though that might of come off as creepy to ask a woman whose name you didn't know to dinner, it was all he did know in life. So hopefully she'd say yes so he could at least help her and get the woman fed.

Shalimar turned on her heals hearing the same man call to her that had just been at the market stall with her. Her body instantly tensed, fearing a fight was what would come of it. But that wasn't what happened.

Her brow knitted together, as she took a second to make sure she'd heard him correctly. Sad eyes dropped to the ground, hating to admit the dire situation she was in. And while she wasn't trusting, her stomach rumbled loudly as the mention of food. Shalimar gave him a once over, debating if he could be trusted. His intentions did seem honorable. "A-are .. you sure? You don't even know me." She said softly. "I'm surprised .... If I'm honest ... No one has really seen me until now. They just see through me, but not you." It did leave her wondering as to why he saw her when no one else could, or could be bothered with her.

A sigh followed, "I mean ... I want to. It's been a long while since I've had a real meal." Can I trust him? Can you afford not to? It's only a meal. "I just don't want to impose." Not exactly the truth but it was what she was going to run with.

[member="Oddball"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom