Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Welcome Wagon!

Being the main representative to the Silver Jedi Concord from the Blue Coral Divers Clan meant she had a few things she needed to be doing. It meant helping out for some classes at the Commenor Temple, in addition to the temple on Kattada. She wasn’t a big fan of heading away from the water town, but she had opted to use her Z-95 for most travel nowadays. Her Starlit Sea was kept aboard one of the Liberation-class Cruisers in orbit of Kattada, the one designed mostly for Jedi coming to and from the planet, and her Z-95 was good enough for quick trips. She had an extra space in the hold, and if she really needed her larger vessel, she could call the piloting droid to bring it down.

Having landed, she was bunking in the temporary housing for the next few days. And that meant she had some work to do. It meant being there to welcome newcomers to the Concord, and assisting with spreading the word of the Light for more than just Jedi. It was a nice role, overall. And she was not too far off the docks at the Temple, her unique armor, her trident, a notice of her witch state, and her lightsaber displaying her as one who was trained as a Jedi. Seeing the ships coming in and out was nice, and helping the newcomers find where they were going was one of her favorite things.

What scheduled arrivals did they have? Shed take the unscheduled.

This was awkward as all hell to say the least. After days of consideration and talking to Cadere Cadere about it, she finally made up her mind. She was going to join the Jedi Concord. It felt off in a way, given that she was the perfect example of how not to be a Jedi. But it was a stable job, held promise for a proper place to live, and she could wrench and cuss away to her heart's content on their ships. All in all, it was looking to be exactly what she was looking for. Though it felt way too easy for her, which had every alarm in her going off. But she would cross these bridges as they came at her. Right now, she had another issue on her hands.

Travelling to their new HQ.

She wasn't sure who the moron was that decided to move the HQ and she was liable to deck his ass when she met him. But for now she was going to have to suck it up and waste fuel to get to Commenor.

Arriving there, she -personally- landed her fossil of a ship and disembarked, leaving Beebee to take care of the ship. After wandering into the complete opposite direction and getting lost a few times she sucked up her pride and asked for directions. She finally arrived at the place she was told to go to... though she didn't expect what she saw. "Ummmmm... is this still the Jedi temple or did I enter a cosplay gig?" she asked the woman who looked like a character she saw online a while ago.

Her sarcastic state was dropped immediately as she spotted the ship closeby. It was arguably just as old as her own, though it certainly still caught attention. Letting out a long and impressed whistle, she took a step to the side to look the ship over. "Hot damn. That your Headhunter? You got good taste in ships, lady." she quipped, walking over to get a good look at the old starfighter.

Brooke Waters Brooke Waters

The blonde was always happy to assist people. Manu Xextos has pulled her from the edge of the dark side once upon a time, and she found herself more and more learning of the Force with the Witches, until she made the official call back during her time with Bright Star to devote her Force education to that sect and religion. She still had Jedi teachings and could offer a lot of asisstnace to newcomers to the Force, and lead them towards the Jedi, the Witches didn’t exactly recruit, it was more a ‘if you know, you know’ with them. The Jedi though, that was a group who did a lot of good in the galaxy.

As she was sitting around at her shift for the docking, and greeting of those who may be seeking refuge, some would find their way to the Silver Rest on Kashyyyk, which Brooke was mostly certain was the main temple, with Commenor being one for the older students, but she wasn’t really sure. She was told to come here, so here she came. As she saw the woman stepping off the ship and asking about a cosplay gig, she quirked an eyebrow.

“No, this is the Jedi Temple. At least that’s what I’ve been lead to believe.” She smiled. And when the woman commented on her headhunter she couldn’t help but smile even wider. “She gets me where I’m going, I’m normally on Kattada, so the Headhunter is a bit easier to move than me taking my shuttle.” Her Headhunter was painted mostly silver, like the Starlit Sea, her shuttle, with blue lines at its angles.

“I’m Brooke, and yeah, this is the Commenor Temple. What brings you here?”

Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan

The woman commented on her ship, earning a wide grin from Sam. "Well you certainly made a good choice. I'd take this baby over a shuttle any day. Only issue is getting parts for something this old, but it's something you can work around." she quipped, running a hand over one of the wings. She introduced herself, drawing Sam's attention away from the starfighter. "The name's Sam. I'm here for... a job interview, I guess?" she introduced herself. "I'm supposed to be meeting someone to help me get started with the mechanics and stuff. Though nobody could give me a name of who I'm supposed to meet." she explained as she looked at the woman.

"What's with the getup, by the way? Apart from your lightsaber, you don't exactly look like a Jedi." she commented, gesturing to Brooke's odd choice of clothing. She glanced around a bit and awkwardly scratched the back of her head. "So... did I meet the right person?" she asked with a nervous laugh. She wasn't a people person. The last thing she wanted now was an awkward meeting with the completely wrong person.

Reaching into her pocket, she pulled out a cigarette from her dwindling packet and slipped it into her mouth. She held the packet out towards the woman to offer her one as well. "Want one?" she asked as she fished out her lighter. She figured by now that smoking wasn't a common thing at all, but it helped to offer.

“There are always dealers who can find you replacements, or there are enough aftermarket builders to keep her flying for a good long while. I don’t think its anything I’ll have to worry on.” She smiled wide as she looked at her ship. “And with some of the people I work for, beyond assisting the Jedi, they keep me in my ship, in case I’m needed somewhere fast. Not really one for combat with it.” The blonde watched her ship and this newcomer, who was just introduced as Sam. “Job interview? Are you looking to enter the Silver Jedi? Or… mechanics? Are you looking for a posting with the military?” Her eyebrow quirked up for a moment.

“I’m not a full Jedi. I’ve trained with the Order, but I work with the Witches. Some from Dathomir moved into the Concord’s space. But I’ve also helped on a number of different missions, kind of a Seeker, I suppose? And a healer.” So she needed extra armor at times. “And you did, I can definitely help you.”

Her eyes looking at the woman as she lit up, she shook her head and help up a hand. “No thank you.” Eyeing her again, and calling on the Force to try to get a reading on her, she took a breath. “So, where are you from?”

Sam Sheridan Sam Sheridan

The woman explained to Sam the uses for her ship, earning a smirk from the former mercenary. "Well, if you ever get into a dogfight, at least you'll be able to dance pretty easily with it. I've heard a lot of good things about it." she commented with a shrug. Brooke inquired about what the interview was for, making Sam blink in surprise. "Um... just mechanics, as far as I understand. Do I get danger money for the rest?" she asked with a smirk. In truth, she wouldn't have an issue helping out with wartime situations, as long as she got her money. Though it wouldn't be very high on her list of desires. Not when she war trying to get out of that life.

Brooke gave a bit of an explanation as to what her role in the order was. It was safe to say that Sam was a bit caught off guard. "Witches?" she confirmed, raising an eyebrow. She looked the woman up and down for several seconds before finally blinking. "Didn't know you guys were on good terms with the Jedi." she quipped rather awkwardly. She could count on one finger the times she met an actual Dathomir witch. And even then, it was while she was on Dathomir. She had a ton of questions for the woman, but decided against bombarding her with all kinds of question. After all, that wasn't why she flew out a good chunk of fuel.

She declined the offer of a cigarette and Sam slid it back into her pocket with a shrug. "You're doing me a favour. After this packet, I was planning on trying to quit. I'm gonna need as much time to savour them as I can." she confessed with a chuckle before taking a drag. Blowing the smoke away from Brooke, she eyed her for a few seconds as she tried to figure out what to tell her. Her defensive side was telling her to send the Witch packing, but she saw no harm in telling her. "Underworld." she stated truthfully. "Born and raised in the lower levels. I rolled with a gang down there for many years before I decided to try and get out." she explained while taking another drag. "That's about all you're getting from me while I'm sober." she stated with a smile as she blew the smoke through her nose. "I don't wanna sound like a dick, but my past really isn't all that cracked up to be." she admitted.

Sam looked around for a bit then back to Brooke. "So uh... how does this work? I'm not exactly used to this type of deal. Job hunting has a different meaning to me than most other people." she asked her as she shifted her weight onto one leg.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom