Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Welcome to Ossus

The Jedi Knight Antares Windu was expecting another shuttle to arrive at the Jedi Temple of Ossus. He had found himself volunteering to be the guide to the single passenger upon the ship and he waited upon the landing pad, a short distance away from the Jedi Academy itself, his own black Ossus robes trailing on the ground behind him for a few inches, and his hood thrown backwards, revealing his facial features for once. His hands were clasped in front of him, and he watched the shuttle come out from the cloudy lowest white puff that was a cloud and glide down to the pad.

Antares's feet carried him up the steps and he moved slowly, a slow gait to match his apparent overall slowness. Just a ploy for those who didn't know him. Besides, it was quite relaxing anyway. And, Antares waited for the door to the shuttle to be opened, and he glanced back over his shoulder to look at the Jedi Academy for a few moments.

@[member="Cambria Zadira"]

After her dear friend and longtime Jedi partner had not returned from his last mission, Jedi Knight Cambria Zadira had left the Army of Light to take a sabbatical sojourning around the galaxy to help find her center in the Force once again. Having achieve that, the blue-skinned Guardian decided to join other Jedi at the new Jedi Academy on Ossus; a planet she had never been to before.

As the shuttle descended from the sky through the clouds towards the Outer Rim planet below, Cambria got the first glimpse of the Academy and the beautiful grounds that surrounded it. Just before the craft touched down on the landing pad, she noticed someone standing nearby, a dark-skinned human male in black robes that billowed about him.

When the shuttle doors opened, she strolled down the landing ramp with an air of a dancer's grace dressed in her modified Jedi attire with a hooded brown cloak over top with a single travel satchel carried in her left hand. Upon reaching the Jedi who was seemingly there to greet her, the young Rutian Twi'lek pushed back the hood of her cloak with her right hand and bowed her head respectfully.

"Salutations… I am Knight Cambria Zadira," she announced in her heavy yet sweet sounding Twi'lek accent with a friendly twitch of her lekku.

@[member="Antares Windu"]

Antares bowed his head to the Jedi Knight when she had gotten off. He knew she was a Knight, but he hadn't none her name, nor her species and when he bowed he smiled. A warm smile, a 'greeting' smile one would say. "Greetings, I am Knight Antares Windu." He said and he turned from her to look at the Jedi Academy a short few minute walk away. "I welcome you to the Jedi Academy, Cambria Zadira." He said with an inclination of his head. "A good name I think, it flows well." He said, and he waved his hand for her to indicate for her to go down the steps and begin their trek to the Jedi Academy.

"Why did you decide to come to Ossus." He asked while they walked over the grass to the Jedi Temple. Behind them, the shuttle that had brought @[member="Cambria Zadira"] to Ossus was already lifting up off of the pad, the ramp sliding into it's closed position and flying up into the cloudy sky above. "Rather than returning to the Jedi Temple upon Coruscant." He asked, and he looked sidelong at her as they walked.

"The Force guided me here after much mediation. It also is a fresh start on a world I have never been to or experienced. I also know that the academy is in need of more Jedi. I am here to help in whatever capacity I can ," Cambria replied in a humble tone as they walked side by side on a grassy path towards the Jedi Temple. The Twi'lek Knight could feel the richness of the Force surrounding them. It felt good and she drank deeply of it.

"And if I may ask in return, what brought you to Ossus and the academy here, Knight Windu?" she asked, her golden gaze looking upon him from a sideways angle through long, dark eyelashes.

He listened intently to her response. A good response he supposed. New world, explorations, the Force guided you there, plausible. And he nodded his head along with her as she spoke to show that he was listening and understanding. "What brought me here?" He repeated her question, with a chuckle. "My duty to the Republic of course, Master Zadira." He said with a flash of a smirk at her as if to show that was the only response she was going to get from him.

"However, it is upon the doorstep to the former Sith Empire, if they were to ever reform, their former planets would be ideal. Still weak from being conquered, and then made even more weak with the sudden disappearance of the Empire. What better way to pick up the pieces right where you let them?" He asked, as they got closer to the Jedi Temple. "Is there something you would like me to hold?" He added for a few moments of silence.

"I fought the Sith when I was with the Army of Light. I do not wish to have to again so soon, but I will be ready if need be. Let us hope though they do not reform. I rather would like to enjoy what Ossus and the Jedi Academy has to offer at leisure first," Cambria said with an upbeat twitch of her lekku behind her as they walked along.

When Antares asked if could hold something for her, this question kinda caught the Twi'lek Knight off guard. Hold what? she thought then it donned on her it was her satchel. The dark Knight was trying to be a gentlemen it seemed. "You may carry my satchel if you like, though it is not necessary. I travel light," Cambria responded in a kind way, making the motion for him to take it or not from her hand.

"Approximately how many Jedi reside here? I am willing to help out in any capacity where there is need of me."

The Jedi Knight nodded his head when she spoke of the Army of Light and of the Sith. At least she wasn't a Jedi that sought bloodlust, to do so would be quite...unnerving to say the least. And he took the satchel from her hands, softly. And they continued walking until they hit the steps and their slow pace was bringing them up the steps.

"There are quite a few Jedi here, I have not counted so I am unsure. Though there are many." He said simply. There were in fact quite a few Jedi around, though they were mostly Knights and Masters, arriving before the future Jedi Aspirants. Though perhaps it wasn't the best thing, though they did receive several transports a week of the more advanced students from Coruscant and Tython sometimes. "And what capacity would that be, Master Zadira?"

"I noticed you have addressed me by the title Master twice, Knight Windu. I am the same rank as you. Someday I hopefully will earn the distinction. For now though about if you address me as Cambria while we are talking one on one," the Rutian Twi'lek said with a small smile, then followed Antares up the steps of the Temple.

"Well I have followed the Guardian path and am a Jedi Ace. I suppose working in the security would probably suit me best, though I am always willing to try new things. What is your position here?"

"We are both Jedi Knights, but it is polite to refer to those higher ranking, or upon the same ranking as you, as, Master." He said when they reached the top of the steps that would lead them into the Jedi Academy. "However, it is nice to meet you, Cambria Zadira."

"I am also a Jedi Guardian, though I am not an 'Ace.' I am an instructor within this facility. And I am certain you will be capable of finding a position upon Ossus."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom