Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Weightless Battle Belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image: None I'll describe it.​
A Bantha leather belt, brown and rough to the touch. Modular webbing has been sown into the sides, running parallel along the belt. A Durasteel circle buckle at the front.

Image Source: None
Intent: A belt for Spacers, Smugglers and the like
Development Thread: If necessary
Manufacturer: Vassara's Craft Shop
Model: A modular utility belt.
Affiliation: Open Market
Modularity: Yes, Pouches and Satchels can be added or removed from the belt. Holsters for weapons as well.
Production: Limited
Material: Durasteel, Bantha Leather
Description:

The Weightless battle belt has one great quality to it. It is weightless! Any thing carried on the belt is weightless as well. This was achieved by Imbuing the item with the force using the arts of the Jal'shey. Vassara spent a little while coming up with the idea.

Once the belt was made it was required to be meditated upon for several hours. Using the currents of the force it was changed at a molecular level, becoming essentially a beast of burden on the wearers hips. The belt projects force Levitation upon the items attached to it equal to their weight. Extremely useful for Spacers, who need to carry a lot of gear, or for Folks going into battle carrying ammunition and such.

The modular webbing on the belt allows a multitude of pouches, satchels and weapon holsters to be attached. This allows for quick modifications before missions, essentially making it a very customizable asset to anyone’s kit.

Special Features:

You may hold up to 50kg of gear on this belt before it begins to weigh the user down.

You may have up to 50 Square inches to mount gear.

You may not use this belt to float around the battlefield. It will not levitate you, it only makes the belt lighter.

[member="Vassara Raxis"]

As much as the idea of a bag of holding makes me smile, I doubt we'll be able to let this one slide through.

Do you have any canon source material supporting this submission?

[member="Vassara Raxis"]

There's a fairly big jump in general usefulness between having a few extra magazines of ammunition to having 3 pistols, 2 swords, a warhammer, and a rocket launcher strapped to your butt and weighing nothing. (as an example)

It's a static, permanent effect that does not require an individual to maintain focus to benefit from, and yet the belt itself automatically adjusts its "energy output" based on what is placed within a pouch or clipped onto the belt.

There's no limitation in the submission that prevents things like... people clipping a chain to the belt, then tying that chain to a car, and suddenly wielding a weightless car-flail.

As a concept, this is a bit of a stretch.
I'd be more comfortable approving a "Belt of Levitation" than what you're putting together here.

But I'm wanting to work with you. If you can address the above issues in a way that makes sense and fits with established Star Wars Canon, I'll confer with other judges about the submission's place in SW Chaos and any development thread requirements.

[member="War Hydra"]

That's too easy. The Chain would be weightless but by definition since the car is not actually ON the belt, it would weigh the same.

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for. It is almost the same concept as the Gunbelt of Bodo Bass. It's a bit of stretch to have endless pocket space too.

I'm open for suggestions and ideas. If you see something I could change about it, let me know.

I could put a weight limit on the belt, so many KG's free before it begins to weigh the user down.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon
Starwars Chaos

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
  • Pending initial review
WITH DEV THREADS
  • Pending Initial review
SUGGESTIONS

Hey [member="Vassara Raxis"], just wanted to touch base to get some clarification. The belt is imbued with Force Levitation in order for it to constantly "levitate" other items?

If so, thinking about it, I think you would want to imbue the items upon the belt with Force Levitation rather than the belt itself -- otherwise, wouldn't that also levitate you constantly?

I'm trying to think of what would work better for your idea in regards to this belt.

Notes for reference:
Limited (Only A Select Group Of NPCs/PCs),
Each Jal Shey item has to be imbued over a period of 24 hours and is extremely exhausting.

[member="Cira"]

That certainly makes sense. I can edit to that if you'd like. Yes the belt would levitate you I suppose. I could put a weight limit, like I had said before. Only so many kgs of free gear before it begins to weigh you down.

I guess I'd want to switch it to semi unique?

[member="Vassara Raxis"]

Yeah, go ahead and put a weight and surface area limit ( obviously there is a limit to how much space you have on a belt! :D )

I rather this not be used as a means to go floating around places, so could you please add that this will not levitate the user as a means of travel.

For Clarity, could you please add a "Special Features" addition, listing clearly the special feature.

Semi-Unique (Only A Handful of Characters) is for the following, so if you want to change it to that, sure!

Other than that, looks solid.

[member="Cira"]

Edited. May need one more workover on suggested area. Not sure about that, or weight.

Have kept it as limited. would like to distribute it but not mass produce it. As you said, it takes time to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom