Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Weaponized Automated Stinging Predator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
Weaponized Automated Stinging Predator

500px-Hi-res_wasp_stage_2-620x.jpg

Image Source: Fallout http://th01.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2013/091/0/4/arm_cannon_in_action_by_johnsonarms-d60560x.jpg http://i.ytimg.com/vi/hRKrHJunkDk/hqdefault.jpg
Intent: To create a droid capable of swarming and harassing enemies.
Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Arakyd Industries
Production: limited
Model: NA
Affiliation: Red Ravens/Open Market
Modularity: Yes, different poisons loaded in wasps
Material: Durasteel, droid components, Agrinium
Classification: Fourth Degree
Weight: 0.0425243 kg
Height: 40 mm
Movement: Insect wings
Misc. Equipment:

hqdefault.jpg

Description:

Arakyd industries continues to innovate warfare and create new and useful equipment for soldiers and agents of the galaxy, and WASP is that new innovation. A grenade or arm canister filled with a hive of miniature wasp sized droids capable of harassing the enemy with tiny angry stingers.

What it is. The WASP is a very small droid that has one very simple purpose, sting and swarm anyone who is not on your side. The tiny droid is about the size of it's real life counterpart can fly, sting, and maneuver equally to it's biological brother. It's stinger is loaded with a flesh dissolving acid that hornets are known to carry. Each wasp has the capability of five stings worth of poison injecting at about 50 micro grams a sting, which adds up to 250 micrograms per wasp. Victims stung by the wasps will immediately experience an intense burning pain that can be compared to someone sticking red hot needle into your skin. Afterwards victims can experience itching, nausea, and small non lethal gashes of flesh that have dissolved from the sight of the sting.

How it works. Simply link the WASP swarm to your HUD this process is done very easily as the container the wasps come in can connect to your heads up display by using a very simple wireless connection from a CPU that each wasp is individually linked to. Just sync your HUD and the CPU and you are ready. Arakyd offers a arm canister however for the easiest mode of transportation and deployment

arm_cannon_in_action_by_johnsonarms-d60560x.jpg

Each of these devices carries sixty wasps each and can be deployed in the flick of a wrist. Once activated the wasps exit their hive and the user is free to select marked targets for swarming using a AWV or whichever their preference of Heads Up Display system is. The wasps quickly travel the intended target and start the process of stinging, once they have successfully stung their target they continue to sting and harass until the user calls the back to their hive or changes targets even if they no longer have any venom. They will not attack or sting anyone unless they have been designated to do so

Each wasp is equipped with an Agrinium stinger that is capable of piercing most light rubber armor insulators and armor meshes (such as storm trooper insulation) and it can puncture to the skin where it needs to deliver their acid. So wasps will automatically target the weak points and soft mesh areas of armor that include the neck, knees, elbows, anywhere that skin is exposed or unarmored areas as the stingers will of course not puncture armor.

3571028-storm-chron.jpg

Drawbacks. These tiny droids aren't the strongest fliers, they can not operate in rainy or humid environments for more than a few minutes before shutting down. They are also incredibly easy to destroy, a simple swat of a hand will destroy a unit. They have no defense against EMP and ion based attacks and will shut down quite easily from it. Even a strong winds will cause these droids to flutter around in the breeze and become useless. And of course as all droids that run on a network they can be sliced into.

But while it does have some pretty big drawbacks the WASP is great for use on the battlefield to distract enemies and cause them to panic.They will harass and sting enemies or cause them to panic from being swarmed by their numbers.

Hi [member="Patricia Susan Garter"]!

Patricia Susan Garter said:
How it works. Simply link the WASPs hive network to your HUD
  • Can you elaborate please on the hive network? Is there a separate submission for a centralized AI? Or what exactly do you mean by hive network?
  • How does one link each and every WASP to the hive, and determine each of their targets?
  • Can each WASP be assigned its' own individual target? If so, how is this accomplished?

The WASP is a very small droid that has one very simple purpose, sting, swarm, and kill anyone who is not on your side.
  • Can you explain what happens once this droid has delivered its intended poison? Do they deactivate? Do they return somewhere? Do they self-destruct?
Each wasp has the capability of five stings worth of poison injecting at about 15 micro grams a sting, which adds up to 75 micrograms per wasp.
  • 75 micrograms is an incredibly small dosage. Most poisons that are lethal doses to humans are significantly higher, some of which the most deadly are 1 milliliter or 1 gram. (Dimethylmercury & Polonium) Even arsenic, the most common lethal poison is a minimum of 75 milligram dose. Even if I were to multiply the improbability of each of the 50 wasps per grenade or canister successfully injecting their target, that is still only 3,750 micrograms of poison, which equals 0.00375 grams, still inconceivable to be lethal.
let them off their leash to engage enemies freely. However the wasps will attack anyone without a friendly IFF tag
  • How do these droids utilize IFF and differentiate on the fly between multiple targets? Is this something controlled from a centralized device? How are these being controlled? If this control device is something from another submission please link it. I need to understand how these are being manipulated.

it is recommended that any PC users do not pick a insta kill poison as it is a clear way to abuse this. Paralyzing or force severing poisons are recommended so please do not try to use this with lethal intent to other PC characters.
  • Any type of poison that includes the capability of lethality or force severing through a delivery method such as this has immense potential to be abused. Although the decision is solely up to the other person as to the degree that this effects them, I can still see this having the potential for rampant abuse.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In closing, after extensive research with regard to the above, this is what I am going to ask:
  1. Clearly state how these droids are being controlled during use, including how they are networked together, and include a link to any other sub relevant to their use. I cannot approve of this without a clear explanation of what, how, and where these are being controlled from and by.
  2. Clearly state how the droids acquire and differentiate IFF targets.
  3. Drastically reduce the killing capability of these droids to incapacity after prolonged exposure from substantial, consecutive stings.
  4. Describe in detail what becomes of the droids once they have deployed their 'payload'.
  5. I am going to ask that a development thread of 25 quality posts be made to describe their use and allow these to incapacitate a victim.
  6. If you wish the toxin to include lethality I am going to ask for 40 posts, with the clear understanding that in order to achieve this, with the current dosage, you will need upwards of 1200 repetitive, consecutive stings. You may increase the dosage, but a minimum lethal dose to logically kill someone is roughly 1 gram, or 1 milliliter, depending on the toxin, and how it reacts to a person. Keep in mind, the chance of lethality is still relatively low.
  7. As a reminder to anyone who would use these: The potential to be killed is always up to the player, no matter if you sting them 5,000 times locked away in a cell for all of eternity.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
[member="Seraphina Shel'tah"]

Updated to remove traces of poison, they are now non lethal, substituted instead with a real life equivalent of hornet venom. And I made sure to flush out how they work. Since they are now non lethal I hope it's ok to not have them require such a large development thread

[member="Patricia Susan Garter"]

Very well.

The only question I have then is if you wouldn't mind explaining what a victim would expect from being stung by these hornets.

itching, burning, nausea? etc. Many wasps and hornets have varying degrees of chemicals that makeup their venom, I would just like a general idea of what one should be expecting when attacked. Everything else looks fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom