Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resolved weapon values on ships

High Commander of the Lilaste Order
iv been looking and admiring the many ships people have made - while maybe comparing them to my own and seeing how they would feel against one another- and have come across something a bit curious. if two ships of the same size are up against each other. one is labeled as having extreme weapons [ but only having upwards to 50 standard weapons] and another ship is labeled average [ but having up to 140 standard weapons] how does that track? its something i just recently noticed and its sparked a bit of curiosity from me.

is there a format where the average and extreme weapon ratings boost the effectiveness in combat judging? if not why don't people try and get as low a weapon rating as they can for ships before being told to boost the rating by a judge?

Laphisto Laphisto

When it comes to ships, the number of weapons isn't important but if we see an egregious number of weapons on a ship we normally ask they scale it down or up the rating. However, at the end of the day, the rating is all that matters so in the extreme ship with 50 weapons each of those weapons hits much harder while the 140 average ship has weapons that really don't hit anywhere near as hard.

At the end of the day weapon numbers mean nothing really, it's all about the rating given.

Laphisto Laphisto

When it comes to ships, the number of weapons isn't important but if we see an egregious number of weapons on a ship we normally ask they scale it down or up the rating. However, at the end of the day, the rating is all that matters so in the extreme ship with 50 weapons each of those weapons hits much harder while the 140 average ship has weapons that really don't hit anywhere near as hard.

At the end of the day weapon numbers mean nothing really, it's all about the rating given.

That makes since, does this also conclude that if the ship with an average rating has custom weapons as compared to default weapons? or does it not matter

Ahh.

Laphisto Laphisto

That's a good question, but in the end it doesn't matter what the weapon's stats are it's the ship's rating that's all important. The ship's damage output is based on that and nothing else. Writers, and the FJs judging the subs should aim to balance the weapons values with the armament rating of a ship, but in the end the rating is king. We're all human and can miss things but, if we do then you can always report a submissions you face that seems unbalanced or reach out to me.

Ahh.

Laphisto Laphisto

That's a good question, but in the end it doesn't matter what the weapon's stats are it's the ship's rating that's all important. The ship's damage output is based on that and nothing else. Writers, and the FJs judging the subs should aim to balance the weapons values with the armament rating of a ship, but in the end the rating is king. We're all human and can miss things but, if we do then you can always report a submissions you face that seems unbalanced or reach out to me.

ah alright that is fair and understandable for sure thanks! and i do belive a few of my subs need a second look over if that's the case

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom