Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We train, Even in Hell

tumblr_inline_n3y62yNVRK1qd1l7e.gif

H O R A
Private estate of Osiris

I readied myself. He was going to be teaching me from now on. First, I had to meet him. My father had found out of this man who claimed himself to be Atheus. A man who was well known for his efforts in killing people, as well as his abilities of the force. Unlike most of the lower and some of the middle class civilians, he trained himself to become much stronger in the force. Some even say he was trained by an Outsider, hence why he has powers no other Hellyni have.

I would be lying if I said I was scared. I could tell that even my father was afraid of him. All of the guards in our palace, and even portions of our standing military couldn't even kill him. He had proven it. Many had known of his name as the "Voidwalker" by his pure collection of the Dark side of the force.

Breathing in, I dressed myself semi-casual. A nice set of jeans with a short sleeved shirt, with my hair pulled up. My father however, would be going all out. Dressed in his regal military uniform. I was in my room when a servant of mine, a dear friend Galadriel knocked on my door. Turning to face her, she nodded to me. Rushing over, I gave her a hug. I didn't know how long I would be away from Hora. This would be the last time I would see her in a while.

Growing up with her was my life. She may be just a servant, but her heart was that of a queen. Caring for all. Even if they didn't deserve it. We both tried not to cry.

"It's okay. I'll be back before you know it."
"You always do ma'am."
"Cut it out idiot! We are friends. Sisters of the heart."
"You're right Thalia. Its just now you aren't here, I don't know what I will be told to do."
"My last orders to you, are to do anything necessary to prepare for my return. Otherwise, have fun."
"How can I when you are gone?"
"I'll Holo you when I can. Promise."
"Deal, Now you need to be going."
"I know."

Picking up my dufflebag with clothing in it, Grabbing my lightsaber and attaching it to my hip, I then walked past Galadriel. Walking down the hall, I could see other servants I had seen over the years bow to me as I was leaving. At the end of the hall was my Father. Standing tall, and proud.

"Come child. We are meeting Atheus."

I nodded my head, and walked out into the courtyard with my father. He led the way as I was so worried about this man. How would he act. What would he do? Was he mean? Or was he a teddy bear? I had no idea. Coming to the middle of the yard, A single man stood. Dressed in rather daunting military gear. His entire left arm was covered in armor of some kind, and on his hip he carried a lightsaber, as well as a pistol on his left thigh, and I could see a dagger protruding from the right side of his hip. He was prepared should he need it, but not ready for war.

"Atheus, This is Thalia. My Daughter. Please take care of her."

Silence was met with a stare at me. His bright silver eyes looking at me. Looking to my soul. Almost as though he knew I was scared and fed off of it. I could feel the force flowing through him. I could feel the power under his skin. He was taller than my father. Only slightly, but built tough. He was what soldiers looked up to in some form of physical appearance and stature. Then, he spoke. His voice cut, and to the point, yet mysterious.

"My job is to keep her safe. I will fail."

My father looked absolutely appalled at the man's statement. He would fail to protect me. In that instant, I knew who this man was. He wouldn't protect me. He wouldn't baby me. He would hurt me. He would beat me. He would train me to become a force user to defend myself, and to defend my people. I smirked slightly at his comment. My father already going off on him.

"I was told you would train her, and protect her! So are you reneging on our agreement? Do you think you can just walk away from me?"
"Father."
"WHAT!"
"He's training me. I am to protect myself."

My father heard my cool words. Surprised at how suddenly I had grown up and wasn't a child any longer. Atheus then bowed his head towards me. Agreeing with my statement. His face was uncovered. His jaw was firm, and in a smirk. He clearly knew what he was doing, and my father was on the slower end of Atheus' agenda. As such, he then faced my father and spoke. His words once more carrying so much weight upon my mind.

"It seems your daughter understands what will be taking place. We will take our leave."
"I uh... Stay for a bit? Surely you need food in your body or a drink?"

The look alone told me he was not going to be taking that drink or food. His eyes were asking the question of "really?" all by themselves his face had the clear intentions of having us be off. Likely he was prepared for what was happening, and thus didn't need to stay here any longer. A man who moves a lot. Good to keep in mind. Turning around, he then walked off. Turning to my father, I bowed to him, and then followed suit. A few steps behind the towering man, I caught up with his fast gait and then decided to ask some questions.

"May I speak?"
"Granted."
"What will I be trained in?"
"Lightsaber, Melee combat, and the force."
"Specifics on the force?"
"Depends on how adaptable you are."

I questioned his last answer. On how adaptable I was? How would that determine how I would be trained? I mean, didn't he force himself into the form he was now? Did he have some extra power that I didn't know about that he would teach me in? We were getting farther and farther away from the courtyard. Why was his ship not near? He could have literally landed in the courtyard if he wanted. I mean, anyone one visiting usually does it anyways. Why didn't he? Then almost as though he could read my mind,

"The ship is a the space port. First we need to go into town."

So the man had errands he wanted to run? Was he wanting to get something for himself or finish his little thing here? I mean, we have all we could need back at the courtyard. I had to voice my opinion, and see how he would react, and of course, I wanted to learn more.

"Why going to town?"

Once again, his voice was mysterious, and imposing, yet it was true, and not beating me with his words. Almost as though he respected me in some form, yet was hard enough to tell the truth to me. Placing on his mask as he spoke, I could make the difference in his voice. It felt.. good to be able to do so.

"Need to know basis."

Elusive as powerful, this man was.

As we were in town, There was a local shop for many different styles of clothing. I don't remember the name as I was currently in the changing room. Atheus was outside gathering clothes for me for various reasons. I had to question a military guy like this who was suddenly able to know how to shop for women. Likely as his time as an assassin, he was able to blend in well. I mean, you have to get where you need to go right? And he seemed to only show up when he wanted to.

As I was putting on the smuggler looking gear, I kind of smiled. It looked good on me. Though, it faded when I realized that Atheus might not approve. The pants were fairly form fitting, and it showed off my curves a little. However, I could see how someone could always wear clothes like this. They were comfortable. Walking out of the dressing room, I looked to Atheus. He looked me up and down. Then nodded his head. I smiled a little as he did so.

"Really?"
"Yes. Its practical."
"Like the other options aren't."
"No."

I shook my head as I was about to enter, when he grabbed my arm. Turning around to face him, he held up a finger to tell me to wait. Walking towards the counter, he spoke to the person there, grabbed something from his wallet, then walked back over to me. Indicating for us to leave, I just had to ask. I mean, I wanted to know what went down.

"Um, did you pay for the clothes?"
"No."
"So we are stealing?"
"No."
"Why are we just leaving then?"
"He owed me for saving his wife."

So he doesn't always kill people. He saved some man's life. That meant something. So he has a "tab" here so he can get clothes? Kind of nifty if he is ever in the area. I guess it's worth it. I shrugged my shoulders and walked out. Atheus was carrying my bag, and crossed the street. Making our way towards the man's ship I assumed, I decided to now ask the question.

"What was all this for?"
"Your father couldn't provide clothes that would suit what we are doing."

Quick and done. Moving after him, I noticed that his gait was rather hidden. Authoritative, but clearly hidden and even for his size, seemed to walk quietly. I could tell I was already going to like him to some extent. We were already nearing the space port when a man walked out into the street and called his name.

"ATHEUS!"

Still looking ahead, He handed me my bag. Grabbing it, he pushed me forward to get to the sidewalk. Turning around to see what was happening. I looked as they were standing in the middle of the street. About five meters apart. The man was angry. That was apparent. After taking a look at him, I could see he was holding out a pistol. Atheus stood there. Not even phased. As though he were looking at an ant.

"I am here to kill you. You killed my son! My boy! You have to face justice."

In an instant, the man was in his face. He was so fast! I had never seen anyone move with such speed in my life. Even vehicles seemed to be slow to him. Atheus grabbed the gun and flung it off to the side. HIs words cool, and could still be heard.

"Then do it."

"Do it."

"DO IT!"

The man did nothing. Prompting another egging of kill him. Atheus then yelled out for him to do it. Voice echoing off of the buildings and made everyone who feared even the slightest thing tremble at the deep volume it took. I even felt myself shiver a little. Knowing his rage was powerful. I then realized that my mouth was slightly open, and my eyes were staring at the two. I fixed myself. Only to watch as Atheus then walked away. The man falling to his knees sobbing.

"Your son fought bravely. Don't squash his honor."

The man looked up to Atheus. Tears running down his face as he faced me and walked towards me. Reaching out, he grabbed the blaster with the force, and had it float in front of the man.

"I didn't kill him. I ended his suffering from a fatal, and painful wound."

Grabbing the bag I was holding, Atheus walked off.

I looked at the man for a moment more. Watching him in the street. Turning around, I saw Atheus was already getting further and further away from me. I jogged after him for a moment. Coming to a walk to match his own, I stayed silent for now. Just following him through the spaceport. His ship was fairly impressive. Nice looking, and sleek, yet has a few marks on it from time spent in space. The ramp of the ship came down. He walked up it with his boots thundering with every step.

As he was at the top, I voiced out to him when I hadn't even taken a step.

"Why did you let him live? He threatened to kill you, and you didn't but did, kill his son. Why?"

Atheus stopped. Tossing the bag deeper into the ship, he then turned towards me and took a step. Removing his mask from his face, I saw him. His face sincere, and filled with pain.

"There are reasons for my actions. Let's say I once knew the boy who I killed. Let's say I never forgot that moment."

Turning back around, He then walked into the ship. I stood there. Amazed at his control. Was this boy his friend? Why did he kill his friend? He said it was a mortal wound. Did he end his suffering because he decided it, or did his buddy ask him to? If he remembered it, why didn't he tell the kids father? Why did he leave everyone in the dark? It was now I began to piece everything together. He was alone. No one liked him. He was afraid of losing those he cares for. Was it true? Then why did he kill people? Does he know he's making everyone else go through the pain he is in?

I was mortified by his response. Walking into the ship, I made my way after the man. Hearing the ramp close up, I turned behind me to see the light of my home fade away into the artificial illumination of the ship. The clamps closing in place, and being locked up, I turned around to see Atheus standing there in front of me. No mask. Just looking down at me from my height. Taking his right hand, He placed it on my shoulder,

"What are you doing?"
"You are a teenager. A child taking their first steps in adulthood. You will understand in due time. To be there when you do, survive."

Walking backwards a step, he then turned around and walked towards the cockpit. Pointing to his left to indicate to go in that direction. I went to the hall after him, and watched him stop at the captain's seat. Just grabbing the back with his left hand. Standing there with his right hand against his face. Turning down the hall, I went to my room and closed the door.

S A F E H A V E N
Two Days Later

Holding before me a lightsaber, the pale blue lightsaber blade hummed against the deep crimson that my master used. Opposites as we were battering each other with the weapons so iconic to force users. He was thrusting his blade towards my stomach with such speed, I could only move to the side to avoid it before he smacked my side with a flick of his wrist. I cried out in pain as I already had various bruises over my body. Letting my left hand hold my injured side, I then stood up, and prepared myself again.

"We are done for today."
"What? but why?"
"Because we have more to be done than just lightsaber training."
"Then... How about we make a deal?"
"... shoot."
"Um... If I get at least one hit on you in our next match, I don't have to train for today."

I received a smile from the man. Bringing his saber up once more, His face then changed to be of seriousness. I prepared myself. Breathing in, and getting into the stance I had drilled into my head since I started training with my father's soldiers. Lashing forward, I took a stroke to slash at Atheus' knees, and followed up with another to his stomach. Both were blocked with relative ease from the man. HIs flicking of the wrist on the second swipe sent my weapon away from myself. However, he had already done this before. Instead of bringing my lightsaber back between us, he stabbed at me, I moved forward. Taking a step into his arm length, and brought my saber back to slash at him. Backing up very fast, he tried to slash at my other side.

Blocking it with my own flick of my wrist, I brought two more slashes towards his head, and another at his shoulders. Blocked, and parried. A slash for my side came. Twisting my hips and body to face the slash, around with the saber, pointed down. HIs arm came around after smacking into each other, to slash at my back side, blocked by myself again by bringing my hands over my head, and saber down along side my back. Taking a sweep at my legs, I jumped up into the air and flipped backwards away from the man.

He smiled as I was bringing a challenge to him. Slash after slash was sent in my direction. As well as I sending my own in return. Speeding up, and getting harder as we went, it eventually became a flurry of strikes, slashes, and stabs that equaled to nothing. Letting our blades sling around one another, without even touching, till coming to a shower of sparks and clashing together in a saber lock. Bot pushing for the advantage. His strength overpowering me, I broke the lock, and spun around backwards. Bringing my blade up to be at his neck, while his did the same.

We both smirked at one another.

"You have yourself a day off."
"But I didn't actually stri-"
"Do you want a day off?"
"Yes Sir."

Chuckling at me, he walked forward and placed his hand on my shoulder. Looking into my eyes, His face was calm and yet handsome. I could almost feel as though he was liking how fast I was improving over the few days we had been together so far. Blushing, I turned away from him, and walked back towards the estate. using my left hand to rub my neck, Why did I blush? What the heck?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom