Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech WayneTech Ion Beamer Rifle Attachment

Status
Not open for further replies.
hqdefault.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

Intent: A specialized weapon attachment intended for hunting Force-users

Image Source: LDOG Productions

Canon Link: Ion Paddle Beam

Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION

Manufacturer: Wayne Technologies

Affiliation: Open-market

Model: Mk.1

Modularity: No

Production: Mass-produced

Material: Lightweight Titanium alloy, mechanical components

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Classification: Ion

Size: Small

Weight: Light

Ammunition Type: Energy cell

Ammunition Capacity: 8 shots per cell

Reload Speed: Very high

Effective Range: Average (6m optimal, 9m max)

Rate of Fire: Average

Stopping Power: High

Recoil: Very low

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Made out of a light yet durable Titanium alloy
Strengths:
  • It's high noon- the attachment's energy cell reload speed is extremely fast, requiring only a button press to eject the empty cartridge
  • Hard to stop- the ion beam ignores most armor and shields as well as lightsaber blades
  • High stopping power- one shot to to the body will do a number on target's nervous system; two shots knocks them unconscious
Weaknesses:
  • Accuracy- considering this attachment is meant to be mounted to the under barrel of a weapon, aiming is quite difficult
  • Range- typical of ion paddle beamers, this weapon has a rather short range with a maximum distance of 9 meters
  • Non-lethal- these weapons do not kill, with the exception of close-range headshots and repeated shooting of an unconscious target
DESCRIPTION

As a child, Judas Wayne witnessed tragedy as his parents were caught in the fatal crossfire of a Jedi and a Sith locked in mortal combat. From that moment forward, he knew his destiny was to combat the injustice these Force-wielders laid upon the Galaxy by any means necessary. The Ion Beamer Rifle Attachment is Wayne Tech's first official way of addressing this goal by designing a product that throws quite the curveball at the many lightsaber-wielding foes throughout the Galaxy. The ion beam produced by this attachment is actually capable of bending around the blade of a lightsaber, as well as bypassing most shields and armor. Between this and the weapon's stopping power, it makes for quite the weapon.

The weapon functions by accelerating an ion beam through a focusing coil and out the muzzle. It is designed after the Ssi-ruuvi ion beam paddle, however with a few minor adjustments. It was obviously reshaped from a paddle to an under barrel attachment to coincide with modern warfare scenarios. Wayne Tech also considered entechment to be very inhumane, instead utilizing an energy cell that functions similarly. Unfortunately, the energy cell has slightly less energy capacity than the traditional enteched power source. Such is the tradeoff for a less inhumane ammunition.

As they changed the power source, the reload process was also adjusted. Luckily, the reload speed was greatly increased from the original model. A small button on the side pops out an energy cartridge, leaving room for a new one to be quickly snapped into place. Each cell can fire off exactly 8 shots before having to be reloaded.

The ion beams fired from the weapon function by disrupting the target's nervous system at a cellular level. The original model could knock a person unconscious in a single shot. However, sacrifices had to be made to shrink the design and utilize a more modern power source. Now, one shot will severely disrupt the nervous system with symptoms ranging from convulsions to temporary paralysis. A second shot will immediately knock the victim unconscious for a time rang of thirty minutes to an hour.

Unfortunately, a major tradeoff with this weapon is its range. As is typical with the original model, the device has a maximum range of 9 meters. This means the user has to get relatively close to use it effectively, making it useless for long-range engagements.

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
Judas Wayne said:
Range- typical of ion paddle beamers, this weapon has a rather short range with a maximum distance of 12 meters
12 meters is actually pretty long, 40 feet. Personal range is more like 10-15 feet. So 2-3 meters

[member="Alric Kuhn"]

I pulled those numbers straight from the Wookiepedia article on the original model (I’d put in a quote but I’m on my phone). It said optimum range of 8m, max of 12. Given it’s an attachment I think it would be reasonable to to bring the numbers down a bit, do you think upgrading from personal with a max range of 9m and optimum of 6m would be fair?

Alric Kuhn

Handsome K'lor'slug
[member="Judas Wayne"]

I'll swing that. Looking at the canon article you're right, though I don't really agree with that I will bow to Wookieepedia. Please make those edits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom