Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Watch your head! - Trial of the Spirit - Hawk Solo

Voss
The Old Path
The time had come for Hawk to face, probably one of the more hardest trials. Deep meditation, introspection and a path to the unknown .. about one's self. Something Iella had face most recently .. a dangerous path but one that needed to be taken.

Now is the time. Iella walks the path to the Tree of Life, still alive on Voss. The Old Path is a place of much mystery and knowledge the Silver Jedi had yet to fully discover and explore. The Tree stands tall with many branches and twigs, leave bare for this time of year, a shedding of its old and soon in with the new.

Iella had communicated to Hawk to meet her there, she arrived already and stood looking up into the vast canopy of the tree. She would be there for Hawk for this trial, one that they will do as a pair and she will remain if needed to pull him back if things got to much. The day is warm on her face, the first signs of a new season delivered on the rays.

((Sorry forgot to tag you))

[member="Hawk Solo"]

[member="Iella E'ron"]

It was time to meet Iella at the Tree of Life. He hugged and kissed his three year old daughter goodbye. Maddie was going to spend the day with her Grandma while Hawk met with his Master.

He walked along the path. He had a feeling that this meeting was about the next Trial. Hawk had passed the other two with flying colors. He admitted to himself that he was nervous about the trial of spirit.

He spots Iella waiting for him at the Tree. He gives her lopsided smile, "Hello Master."

[member="Hawk Solo"]

She could sense Hawk coming along the path and turned on his approach. "A fine day for some meditation", she said returning the smile.

"This is the beginning of your third trial, today we focus on you. You must face yourself within yourself and that is not going to be easy or something you might not wish to do. You will find the truth about yourself which may or may not be to your liking, but it must be done in order for you to move forward not only as a Jedi but as an individual".

"I shall be with you in this, standing on the periphery of your mind, but you must let me in .. to be there, just in case I need to pull you out. This is a dangerous trial Hawk do not be mistaken about this". she moved closer toward him and looked him in the eyes, her manner now serious as she knew well enough what facing one's self is about.

"What ever your mediation style or preference is employ it, and I shall do as well.. when you are ready .. begin".

[member="Iella E'ron"]

"I know." Was all that Hawk could say. The time for cracking jokes had passed. He sits down on the ground. He been a fool if he said that he wasn't afraid. He was afraid. To face the oneself. To see the truth.

He closes his eyes and begins to mediate. He could hear the music in his head. It was time to see beyond the music into his soul.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Iella did not sit. In fact, she hates it when meditating. Instead she moved away into a small patch, away from Hawk but within range if needed. She could sense him well enough, Master to Padawan the link was strong. She removed her outer robes and stood in her cream trousers, brown boots and white shirt. For the moment, her eyes flicked to Hawk as he prepared his meditation. Iella walked around the small patch, her mind in through as she ignited her white blade.

Her meditation is a personal Alchaka technique .. one developed over a long period of time and in private, no one has ever seen it performed by her. She centered her concentration and focus and closed her eyes. Breathing deep and slow her feet began to move .. each placement of her foot delibrate, in conjunction her arms moved and begin the start of the ritual. Iella moved as if time had slowed to a crawl.

[member="Iella E'ron"]

Hawk slowly goes deeper into his mediated state. In his mind, images swirl around. He see his Jedi Master Father lecturing him about wasting his talents. His mind follows that train of thought.

He could see himself as 7 years old boy. He was sitting on couch at his dad's place with his brother Brad. Brad was practicing his lightsaber moves nearby. Hawk supposed to be practicing levitating a leaf off the table. Instead he was listening to music mentally preparing himself for a dance performance in a few weeks.

His dad was very disappointed in Hawk. "Your not even trying. You have so much talent Hawk. If you would only apply yourself like Brad."

Young Hawk frowns, he hated it when his Dad compare him to Brad. "So...Brad can't dance like me. He doesn't apply himself." He says his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Hawk watches the exchange between his father and the 7 year old self. Now being a Dad himself he could see his father point. His dad was trying to find something they had in common.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

She sat on the edges of Hawk's mind, Iella would not intrude .. at least not yet. She could sense his unease but for the moment he was alright and would need to delve deeper. He needs to find that which plagues his dreams something that could .. in the future be a catalyst for his down fall and face it and recognise the potential now. Jedi need to be constantly vigilant to this and more, the journey of ones mind holds the key to remaining on the Jedi Way.

The speed of her meditation increased, her white blade beginning to move faster. Iella's freestyle form, one she employees in battle a constant source of calm for her. Her body in constant motion, but within an invisible circle that never moves beyond that frame. She pushed out through the force toward Hawk, sending him her patience and calm of mind.

[member="Iella E'ron"]

Hawk could sense that Iella was nearby sending him her patience and her calm mind. He needed both of those things. He look deeper into his past. A stray memory came into focus. The trip to Coruscant. Hawk hadn't thought about that in years. All he remembered was his Father yelling at him.

Now with the force Hawk looks deeper into that memory. Hawk was 10 years old now. He had learned the basic of the force nothing else. He was refusing to do his Jedi training. It got in the way of his dancing and his secret dreams of flying.

Father thought that a trip to the Temple would aspire him to learn more about the force. Once they arrived, Father had to go into a meeting with council. Hawk took that opportunity to wander off and explore Coruscant.

Hawk had want to go to the museums and visit the dance schools. He ended up taking a wrong shuttle bus and landed up in the lower levels. He was hopelessly lost and scared.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Iella had become a blur of movement, her white blade now one single form of white light as she moved with increasing speeding within the circle. Her mind still focused on Hawk. So far he is fine and moving deeper into his past. She sensed no fear or danger from him yet which was good.

He just needed to continue and face the walls of the past.

[member="Iella E'ron"]

10 year Hawk didn't know what to do. He walked along the dirty sidewalk trying to figure out what to do. He didn't want to call his Father or brother. He walked past a Rodian. He accidently brush against him. The Rodian bounty hunter turns around and shoves Hawk into a wall. "Watch where you are walking boy!" He yells at Hawk. Hawk eyes goes widen with fear.

The 10 years feels a rush of power over his fear. It was the darkside. Hawk stretches out and was about to force choke the Rodian. When he heard his Father's voice. "No Hawk. We don't do that."

Rodian glances over his shoulder as man dressed in Jedi Robes approaches. "Your Padawan needs to learn some manners." He tells Nathan. (Hawk's Dad). Nathan smiles" "yes, he does. Come along Hawk." Nathan takes his son back to the temple and lectures him about his fears and angry.

Looking back at the memory, Hawk could see the fear in his own Father's eyes. The fear of Hawk getting hurt or something worse happening to him. Hawk knows that he shares the same fear for his daughter. If anyone ever hurt her, he wasn't sure what he would do. No that wrong, He knows what he would do. And that thought frightens Hawk.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Iella's movements progressed .. her motion becoming one in the surroundings and in turn she within it. She could sense all around her, everything that lived on Voss. Hawk one of the more closest people to her now sat vivid in her mind and she approached his with soft whispered steps.

She sent her approval through the force, a gentle smile toward his mind, but still more was required. Iella sensed the fear surrounding his daughter, the loss of a loved one the very thing that would send anyone over the edge not just to the dark side. The Galaxy ..a place of uncertain events, nothing ever what it seemed and very few one could truly trust.

She wanted Hawk to see the dark side within him self, what that would look like and how her would feel. After all, each and every one of the Jedi fight this fight daily, some more so then others, but still it lurks ready to spring out when one is at the lowest. From Padawan to Master the daily ritual of vigilance is a constant within their lives.

[member="Iella E'ron"]

Hawk mediation took him to future...a possible future. One that is not written in stone. A choice to be made. His daughter Maddie was now 10. She was beautiful little girl. She was lying crumpled in a destroyed temple on Voss.

An older version of himself dressed in Jedi robes falls to his knees and cradle his dead child in his arms. He was too late. Hawk lets out a animal howl of grief and anger. He had lost the one thing that he loved the most in universe.

The group that were responsible for destroying his child comes toward him. Hawk stands still holding his dead child in his one arm while his let loose a bolt of dark side lightning at those who were responsible.

Hawk's watches this play out while tears run down his face.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Her connection to Hawk through the mind and the force set. Iella could sense his disturbances .. the fear and sadness, but she at this point would let him ride it out. He is not in danger, apart from facing a strong possibility if destiny was to play this part. She understood Hawk entirely now, she too would do the same and without question. But one has to be mindful of the trap of this, the possible pit fulls that would lead to the dark side sooner rather then later, the fear of loosing a loved one forever in ones mind. Especially a child.

No right or wrong .. no answer to this problem could be given to anyone from anyone. Even the very best of Jedi .. of people hold this fear in this galaxy of uncertainty.

Iella's white light glowed all around the surroundings, she would continue her meditation in this format until such time as Hawk was ready or in need of help. But so far he is facing what she required and holding his own.

He needed to find the path back from this situation, to find the light again.

[member="Iella E'ron"]

Hawk couldn't believe what he was seeing. What he was capable of doing? It shocked him. The love and loss of his child had the potential to send him spiraling out of control. What scare him the most this was a possible future? How can he fight against this? Is he supposed love his child less? Was that why his father was so cold to him? He was afraid of lossing himself to the darkside.

No. That wasn't the answer for Hawk. He couldn't do that to Maddie or anyone else that he love. To him the emotion love was in the light side. He had to remember all the good times and not focus on the loss. And remember that Maddie wouldn't want him to turn to the dark side.

This being a mediatation, Hawk was able to appear to the dark side self. "Stop. You don't want to do this. Maddie wouldn't want you to behave like this. I know you feel lost and alone but you are not."

[member="Hawk Solo"]

Iella began to slow, her meditation going through it's ritual and soon she would be exhausted. This is a product of the form but one that leaves the user with a strong sense of self. The force pumped through her strongly now, her body filled to the brim and set to explode if she allowed it. Physical and mental taps turned off now and soon she would rejoin Hawk.

But not yet, he need to face his personal faults for want of a better word. His pride, self assured being and his place within the not only the Silver Jedi but the galaxy.

[member="Iella E'ron"]

Dark side Hawk rolls his eyes. "See. She is dead. She doesn't feel anything anymore. Don't you understand. I failed."

Hawk nods. "I understand. You are letting your grief to cloud your judge. Please stop and think. Not of Maddie but all the innocent you will kill. Do they deserve that? They didn't kill her." Hawk gestures to the dead bodies surrounding them. "You killed Leori, Iella , you killed your friends. People would wanted to help you. You must turn back."

Dark side Hawk really looks at the bodies. He see familar faces. He falls downs on his knees. "I'm so sorry. I.." Hawk walks to him. "It will be all right." He places a hand on his shoulder.

"How do you know that?" Dark side Hawk asks. "I won't allow this path to help." Hawk says simple. The other Hawk laughs grimly. "How? Do you know how to bring back the dead? We are not skilled in healing."

Iella so wanted to step in at this point, but she remained in the clearing. Her meditation solid and focused on Hawk. She had almost come to a stand still and would soon enough. To remain still as a statue.

However, she sent a wave of calm around the area, not directly to Hawk but to calm the situation. He is deep within his mind .. much deeper then he would have ever thought possible of himself. Face one's faults or deadly possibilities is confronting and not many can actually do it, to hold up the mirror and truthfully looked into ones own eyes.

She smile inwardly at Hawk he is doing very well.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

[member="Iella E'ron"]

"I know we are not healer." He says to the dark side Hawk. "Our strenght is out foresight." Dark side Hawk scoff. "I didn't foresee this. I couldn't stop it."

Hawk nods. "I know. We..I will have to accept that fact that I am not all powerful. That bad things can still happen."

Dark side Hawk vanishes leaving Hawk alone in his mediatation.

[member="Hawk Solo"]

As Iella's meditation came to a conclusion .. so to did the trial. She opened her eyes and took in a deep breath. Iella extinguished her white blade and placed it back on her hip. Her head turned in the direction of Hawk and she smiled. A good job he had done and one that had passed this trial.

So much Hawk had leaned about himself, with more to come in the future, the journey is only beginning for him and one day these issues will be faced again. However, Iella hoped he would be far more skilled to combat the dark side on that day.

Iella walked to him and stood directly in front of the man she had come to know very well. Her hand reached out for him to take .. an aid to get him off the ground.

"Hawk you have exceeded my expectations today, well done you have passed this trial". She said smiling more. "Go rest and soon I shall prepare the next trial".

The next trial would be one that would be a test for them both.

[member="Iella E'ron"]

Hawk breaths a sigh of relief as he opens his eyes. He accepts Iella's hand as she helps him up. He was a little stiff from sitting on the ground so long.

"Thank you Master. You have taught me well." He bows to her than leaves to go to room and much needed sleep. Funny how tired he was from just mediating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom