Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Warfare wear and tear

As far as her medical functions are concerned, Cathul only needed to handle the most serious cases of medical emergencies that the other doctors on Azure couldn't handle, with or without the Force. Even so, despite the five years spent mostly spamming Force-healing, getting increasingly better as time went by, in an attempt to reduce the strain on Azure's fragile public finances, some cases still took seemingly forever to treat. Sometimes she needed to pick other people as Force-computers for highly specialized medical knowledge. But she was different from most Force-healers: for most Force-healers, so long as a diagnosis is made, all they did was using the Force to cure without any understanding whatsoever of how the Force acts on the wound [or ailment]. The one thing she knows she cannot treat is necroses. But she was originally a therapist and she brought fame and glory to Clan Lok on that basis prior to governing Azure. By now Azure had more therapists than Mandalore does, while having only half its population. She ruled Azure much as she would an aruetii world. But, as with Kashyyyk, she was missing on the many things her fellow vode did on Castameer: fleeting, ground combat. She had a patient that came back from Castameer... as she was about to pick her up in the gubernatorial palace's waiting room, which was mostly looking like your run-of-the-mill doctor's office due to Cathul's medical functions:

"There's a patient for you, Your Grace"

"Stardust Raxis..."

[member="Stardust Raxis"]

That battle

It had caused some much strain on her, caused her nights after where sleeping was non existent, made her paranoid....most of all she had times where she almost freaked out

But now here she was waiting for this therapist

[member="Cathul Thuku"]
[member="Draco Vereen"]

"According to the information your fellow vode, as well as my baar'ure colleagues, supplied to me, there is an unending stream of patients from Castameer - I assume it's regarding Castameer"

And some of them had severe injuries, inflicted by Sith lightsabers, she thought. Even if lightsaber injuries rarely bled, due to the nature of lightsabers, there were more injuries inflicted by other means: tank projectiles aimed directly at them, being crushed by falling enemy AT-ATs, one of which had the misfortune of having had to grow bones back after having suffered a broken arm that cut his injured arm open, as well as third-degree frostbite. Upon seeing her patient being a husk in the Force, Cathul could tell what made her a husk in the Force - and her patient is a Force-sensitive. She could both cure and inflict PTSD: her brand of Force-horror would lead her to inflict PTSD on an unsuspecting target, causing it to flee in shock and terror in the best-case scenario. But most dark-siders do not have sufficient knowledge of neuropsychology to actually have a clue as to what they wish to inflict on their targets: they mostly make their enemies hallucinate for a while rather than inflict actual terror. PTSD makes enemies paranoid and afraid.

"First things first: do you feel as if you lost sleep or otherwise feel jumpy? If so, since when?"

She nodded a sshe looked to her* plenty of lives were lost there....plenty didn't make.it...

She said a sshe closed her eyes, she could see and hear the battle, her hands went to her Sabers before she stopped and sighed dout

Right after I got home...I couldn't sleep...each time I slept I just replayed the battle...just kept seeing all those men who put their trust in me blown away...i...I even remember holding one as he died and...by the force* she said and rocked a bit

[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Cathul Thuku"]

"You even described the content of your nightmares! In a nutshell, I mean"

In Force-users, replaying the trauma over and over in nightmares, and said nightmares being recurrent from the day where the trauma occurred, was a surefire way of diagnosing PTSD in a FU patient. NFUs were more challenging to her than FUs: not all NFU patients were replaying nightmares over and over with the same content on every occasion. Now that Cathul knew that PTSD was afoot, coming to terms with the trauma was the natural thing to do with her, by going over all the details of their involvement in the trauma. Usually patients will have vivid memories of their traumas and, so long as therapists were trusted by their patients, Many patients seemed to either blame their equipment for traumas, or praised theirs to prevent traumas from affecting them more than they already did. The topic of equipment and whether they were factors will assuredly come up. She could detect remnant traces of the darkness of Castameer in her since way too many Sith Lords were mustering their respective armies and fleets in an attempt to foil the rest of the galaxy.

"Was there anything you could have done to prevent some of these vode from dying?"

[member="Stardust Raxis"] [member="Draco Vereen"]

What the feth did you think I'd do? Explain my day?

She was starting take deeper breaths to keep herself calm, she couldn't freak out not here not a good place to freak out she would remain as calm as she could

Expect that next question....that set her off

Was there anything I could do? Are you seriously asking that question to me?! You go through with flak raining at you into a snowy world far from home. You try and find civers in the middle of snow, you try and charge a lone while walkers tear men around you.....could I do anything? Feth no...I don't think you I'd erst and the horror of war

She said and closed her eyes, she listened to her heart pumping faster and faster, she opened her eyes and clenched her fist

YOU HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED HELL!

with that she focused the force and sent fire out every where, it left at anything it could, stardust had snapped, and it would take so much to calm the dragon down
[member="Cathul Thuku"]
[member="Draco Vereen"]

Draco felt the pain and anguish of his friend. It was something he had felt before. That was one of the consequences to having powerful Force Sensitives face their inner most fears. When Draco had done it, he had done it solemnly and alone, after days of meditation and preparation, away from where he would likely hurt anyone if he lost control. But that had been ages for the Dragon of Mandalore.

"Sklor, we are going to go check on this." The beast lord sneered as he was addressed, but picked up his Sith Axe and followed his Alor, fingers hanging from a necklace around his neck, dreadlocks woven with scalps he had taken. Dried blood from those Sith Troopers he had killed on Castameer still stuck to his armor. Sklor, as some could tell, was responsible for grabbing and ripping troopers in half with his hands, bisecting them or ripping both arms off. He was also known to devour the hearts of his foes, openly, normally wrenching the still beating organ from their chest as they screamed while his clawed crushgaunts wrapped around it behind their ribs. To Sklor, The Eater of the Dead, that was a good day. His wisdom about the mentality of his enemies, and the shifts of power and energy in the earth was invaluable, as was his control over war beasts. He's lack of proper etiquette could thus be overlooked.

The pair jumped on a pair of speeders and began making their way in the direction of Stardust's anguish as her emotions boiled out of her. Another good thing about the pair was that they were likely to be able to control the Twi'lek, some one else, perhaps not. However, Clan Vereen had not mourned their few dead for long. They burned the bodies in their armor, returned their remains to their families, and had a feast to celebrate their victory. That was about it, no one really seemed sad after that, because what sadness was there to have in victory? Why should one mourn and torment themselves over their allies and friends joining the Manda? For a commander, yes there was always struggle with the hindsight of their choices, but losses hadn't been incredibly high for Clan Vereen and they had done their job well.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

"That one is settled then - you truly did what you could"

Cathul heard all sorts of histories about the hell of war, and Stardust's were pretty classical from the looks of it. Cathul had to cast cryokinesis all over the place to limit the damage Stardust's attempts at pyrokinesis was going to cause. That was not good, yet such things were commonplace among therapists in Mando-land: angry patients were dangerous to behold. She was trying to use Force-heal to insert some Force-made sedatives in her bloodstream. And that was not the over-the-counter sedatives kind of things: you would be talking about Sedative H4b, the sort of thing baar'ure used for general anaesthesia prior to undertaking the big surgeries. She lost count of how many times she used Force-heal to administer Force-synthetized sedatives in patients But, more often than not, the early stages of therapy were what caused the kinds of problems she was currently facing: patients throwing tantrums.

"Not all traumas are the same. Even so, because of you fighting Sith Lords, you yourself fell to the dark side after having seen, as you said, hell. You should be grateful that the dark side saved your life and that the Force saw it fit to recognize your talent as a combatant"

Whatever the other twilek was doing wasn't stopping star, in fact it made her even more upset and her force signature would show so, she drew her Sabers shrugging the medicine off

"You dare attack me! Feth you feth you!"

She activated those Sabers, they swing attack her as she would incorporate small fire attack into each swimg, hoping the glancing blow of fire would even throw her off even just a little

Meanwhile Draco would feel.stars pain grow....alomg with her anger, it would probably make him move faster

Back to star who growled at her question

I've seen the dark side either started dout in the dark side! You speak but I don't think you even understand! I have fought myself and killed my darker side just so I can be who I am....you...I will.make sure you see the dark side...right here...right now

[member="Draco Vereen"]

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

"Welp. She's pissed. Break out the marshmellows buddy." Draco said with a laugh, sliding his buy'ce over his head. Instantly things started moving slower, and then as he breathed in and centered himself, slower again.

In a deep tone, the beast lord grumbled. "Ugh... I don't like cooking. Waste of time. Waste of blood. Waste of power." The Dark Jedi Shaman pulled to a stop and held his axe out before himself.

Draco drew his sword and searched the building with the sensors in his helmet. "A couple life forms. Star feels like she's under attack. Everyone else is freakishly calm for how berserk she is. Like they were expecting it."

The shaman shuffled. "So... meat?"

"So, it might be an ambush. How many times did people try to assassinate me last year? I think an Alor's wife would draw similar attention from the right groups." Draco whipped his sword and it extended, almost doubling in length into a Hand and a Half broadsword as he entered the building. He'd never heard of it, and wondered what on earth Star was doing here. Certainly she didn't frequent such a place. "So yeah, maybe meat." Sklor grinned behind his mask, and the shaman's visor glowed like hot coals coming to life as they entered.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

"Who do you think I am, some two-bit Jedi Healer? This is your one opportunity to unleash the consequences of years of battle scars! Make the most out of it!"

As she looks into Stardust, Cathul realizes her patient is venting for years and years of battle scars right in front of her, extending far beyond Castameer alone, casting pyrokinesis all over the place. She realizes that the Force-synthesized Sedative H4b will take longer to kick in and so she feels that additional doses in her would be unnecessary. Luckily she still is wearing her armor; for patients that came in from Castameer she had to wear such equipment, knowing that many a PTSD victim may be pissed at the prospect of having to face their innermost fears as she did with Star. Yet PTSD treatment often requires, regardless of one's ability to use the Force, the patient to face their innermost fears as it pertains to the trauma. That may account for why so many Mando veterans would be reluctant to seek therapy, even when scarred by so many years of combat: facing their inner fears would make them feel vulnerable on a lot of levels. Mando culture seems to make the emphasis on showing strength at all times.

"The Force gave you that opportunity - I am but an unfortunate victim. But there's understanding and understanding. My situational understanding of the hell of war will always be limited - I can count on my hand the number of battles I have been into. Katarr, Er'kit: in comparison these things are small-scale compared to Castameer"

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Stardust Raxis"]

Oooooh you bet in releasing my anger, and it's going all on you you ferfek!

She spoke no more and kept her attack on she started to get more and more annoyed before she finally drew the force and then let a burst ot pushing most things not bolted down and bursting g the windows out, stardust was getting to the point she would try and kill cathul, her words just egged her on more and more

Oh two battles huh! Try castameer and countless others!

[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Cathul Thuku"]

"You could have done it on anybody. You just faced your innermost fears. Very few therapists would have your level of battle experience. I admit defeat"

That was a truly terrifying sight to behold. The most powerful patient she ever had to whom a tantrum happened due to them facing their innermost fears. With NFUs, most of the time, she could administer sedatives through Force-healing and, once the sedatives kick in, they would calm down. She found it weird that the sedatives didn't kick in yet. She was about to use a spell to change her refraction index to -1, that is, she was using Force-cloak. But she senses that Draco has come on Azure - and no, she won't tell anything about Jessica or how she could somehow aim at him back on Kashyyyk.

"Your husband is en route now"

She stepped closer eyes still with flames, did she think admitting defeat would stop a dragon in its attack? Only a fool would admitt defeat to a dragon

You dare to say I have faced my fear? YOU DARE TO SAY THIS IS MY INNERMOST FEAR!

Stardust would attempt to reach out with the force to choke and loft her, she was beyond pissed now nothing would stop her, it would take someone she trusted and knew just for her to stop

And on top of that you think that force signature is my husband? Are you stupid? Did you not read my name?.....I will make sure you need your own therapy

She threw her to a wall and looked around at the building

Tine to level the field

[member="Cathul Thuku"]
[member="Draco Vereen"]

"You hit my weak spot in the Force - too much dark side presence makes me lose my mind"

It's not the first time uncooperative patients were angry because of her as a therapist. On the ground, her refraction index was back to normal; yet she was slammed and Force-choked before that occurred. PTSD victims were often among the more aggressive patients; the other two therapists in the infamous Triangle of Therapy were lucky - Mandos were a crazy bunch. Yet she probably knows by now that no therapist will fit every patient. She had to be pretty crazy to actually even want to work in a region like this. She was pinned down, laying on the ground because of a crazy patient. But how long would she have to be resting before the dark-sided presence in her would fade for her to be functional again? That was rather unpredictable.

"You drove me crazy because you used a lot of different dark-sided Force-powers on me - the dark side of the Force used on me in quick succession makes me dazed and confused and mix up names. Draco Vereen - you know of that guy?"

She started walking over to her, she stopped as she looked to the holo computers and such, she started to approach then looked them over

Hmmmm....these look expansive * she Saber and took her Sabers as she sliced diwn causing them to spark while keeping her darks aura out to weaken her*

You know it's a shame you've went and made me mad, not only that but you kept egging me on to attack you....and don't think I didn't notice you try and put sedatives in me...however you did that I don't know....you've dug a large hole for you...

She said and moved to the next and destroyed it* you have personally attacked me...you have given false diagnosis to me...and on top of that....you have beyond pissed me off

She said and destroyed another as she was over her and lifted her up with the force * we shall see if you have this practice for lomg....because I will personally make it fall...and maybe maybe if I calm down before I get home other won't hear about it

She said and through her again only to walk back over to her

Fight...I'm still not done releasing my anger you created

[member="Draco Vereen"]
[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Draco and Sklor made their way in, the massive Cannibal shaman going in first, sweeping the rooms with his burning glare. Most people they encountered immediately huddled away from him as he muttered, pointing at them, "Meat?" he would ask, and the smaller man in black beskar'kandar behind him would simply shake his head and they would move on to the next room.

Draco could feel Stardust, his friend, fighting someone upstairs. She was enraged, but the other person was still calm. Too calm for someone basically being beaten to death, and he should know that for certain.

Finally the pair made it to the room where the fight was taking place. Sklor, with a nod from his master, smashed the door open. Of course, Cathul was experienced enough with Force Sense to recognize the aura of someone she had never met, better than Draco, or most masters could manage for that matter, but that didn't matter too much. That was about to go away. Draco locked onto the Witch's presence and pressed his will upon it, the walls of his will intent to slam into her and cut her from the Force for the time being. Whatever psychosis Stardust was suffering, she seemed convinced it was the Twi'lek witch that caused it, not unsurprising.

Draco spoke quietly, calmly to the emerald green twi'lek, feeling her rage. "Star. Are you alright?" He asked. He wasn't moving to stop her, and Sklor was simply standing between the two twi'leks and his Alor rather than moving to engage them. The Eater of the Dead wasn't looking to get caught up in a catfight. For Draco, Star was his friend and she seemed to be under attack by someone.

[member="Cathul Thuku"]

Everything went dark in the Force for Cathul as her access to the Force was temporarily cut off. All that she could do was to sleep, exhausted and bruised, on the ground, as her patient trashed the Baat'kaysh Office, as was known to Azure residents when referring to the Office of the Governor. That meant no self-healing to nurse herself back to health. Not yet anyway. Yet she remembered that patients suffering from PTSD lived through five stages, although only the fifth was definitely locked in position: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance. Some of the first four may be skipped somehow but anger was definitely first in Stardust's case. She always remembered to wear her beskar'gam when dealing with patients that are suspected to inflict physical harm, although without her helmet on: to her all too many vode would think that it was best to see their baat'kayshe face-to-face. Then again, she rarely had master-level patients in her office - and yet the one thing that made her not entirely useless as a therapist was her ability to keep calm almost no matter what.

"Go see someone else - I'm closing my practice here. And, once repairs are made, I will no longer personally offer any measure of medical service"

[member="Draco Vereen"] [member="Stardust Raxis"]

Stardust stopped when Draco got close, her anger subsided as she looked to [member="Cathul Thuku"] with disdain and turned around to look away

I am now....draco....I want this place a complete mess....*she looked to cathul* and I want a word to go out...I don't want her to practice any type of medical service even privately within mandalorian territory...if you can do that...I will be happy

She said and started to walk out of the place as as she gave a table one last flip onto a window and made a call to [member="Gray Raxis"] * dear I need a pick up the therapy was the worst ever....bring some wine if you can please...

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom