Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Warden-Class Iron Lord Armor, Personal Armor of Atheus

Status
Not open for further replies.
71a47964b15e371f4723c7962ac7eba5.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: Create Armor that Atheus could use at almost any time.
  • Image Source: The Winter Soldier, Bucky Barnes, Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Development Thread:
    N/A

[*]Primary Source: Salvaging This Armor, Modifying This Mask, Modifying This Armor as per approval from Submitter.
PRODUCTION INFORMATION

[*]Modularity: Limited
[*]Production: Unique
[*]Material:

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Anti-Blaster, Anti-Lightsaber, Anti-Force
  • Weight: 19kgs
  • Quality:
    Lightsaber resistance - 9
  • Blaster Resistance - 7
  • Force Scrying Resistance - 6
  • Piercing weapons - 6
  • EMP/ion Resistance - 5
  • Kinetic based weapons - 5

1.JPG

SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Resistances:
    Blaster/Lightsaber-resistance: The use of Taozin, and Spacers leathers allow for high damage resistance to most forms of energy.
  • Slugthrower-resistance: The use of flex-armor allows the armor to withstand slug-thrower projectiles. This is from the plate armor housed inside the Chest, Shins, a small pauldron on the right shoulder, and a bracer on the right arm.
  • Force Scrying Resistance: Limits the force signature of the wearer to seem smaller than it really is.
  • EMP/Ion-resistance: To protect the armor's electronic systems, resistant materials are integrated into the armor.

[*]Abyssal Mask
  • Copper Faraday Cage: A mesh of conductive materials, that protects the armor's systems from electromagnetic radiation (e.g. EMP).
  • Audio/Video Systems:
    Annunciator: A sound amplification device.
  • Broadband Antenna: A device which allows the user to pick up noises and sounds, on different broadband frequencies from far distances.

[*]Communication Systems:

[*]Breathing Systems:
  • Environmental Filter: A device that removes harmful gases, such as poisons, and fumes from the air.
  • Oxygen Filtration System: A device that removes solid particles, such as dust, pollen, mould, and bacteria from the air.
  • Oxygen Supply: A storage vessel that holds one-hundred and twenty (100) minutes of oxygen.
  • Re-breather: A breathing apparatus that adsorbs the carbon dioxide of the user's breath, to permit the re-breathing of unused oxygen.

[*]Transponder Systems:
  • IFF Transponder: A transponder signal which broadcasts the user's affiliation. Can be turned on and off.

[*]Body:
  • Copper Faraday Cage: A mesh of conductive materials, that protects the armor's systems from electromagnetic radiation (e.g. EMP).
  • Power-Pack: A small power-pack that supplies energy to the Armor's systems.
    Redundant Power-Pack: A small, redundant, power-pack that supplies energy to critical systems if the primary power-pack is damaged, or disabled.

[*]Air Conditioning System: An in-built system, designed to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, in high or low, heat environments.
[*]Pressurization: The armor can be pressurized, so as to aid the user in surviving the vacuum of space.

[*]​Back:
  • ​Magentic Strip: Holds two weapons. (Sword & Rifle, OR Two Rifles, OR Two Swords, OR A quiver with one extra slot.)
  • Leather Pouch: Holds small item up to the size of a Holocron, datapad, etc. Housed at the small of the back.

[*]Utility Belt:
  • 2x Energy Sink: A component designed to adsorb blaster energy.
  • 2x Combat De-ionizer: A device that counteracts the effects of ionic energy.
  • 2x Holsters: Holster sections that can be used to hold a lightsaber, pistol, or be replaced with a utility pouch.
  • 2x Sheathes: Holds two Daggers.

[*]Arms:
  • Copper Faraday Cage: A mesh of conductive materials, that protects the armor's systems from electromagnetic radiation (e.g. EMP). (Right arm Only)
  • 2x Magnetic Grip: A device that allows the user to magnetize their palms, to reduce the risk of being disarmed. (Left arm is gloved only).
  • Hidden leather pouch in right bracer to hold a Lightsaber.

[*]Legs:
  • Grav Boots: A device that allows the user to move at planes fourty five (45) to one-hundred and eighty (180) degrees opposite normal gravity.
  • Magno-grip Soles: A device that allows the user to magnetize themselves to surfaces which they were standing on.

DETAILED SPECIAL FEATURES
With a varying array of gadgets for Atheus to use, the armor is taken as an advanced for of two suits of armor. Using most of the fortifications from the Iron Auxiliary armor, and plate armor from the Iron Wolf Lord, and even allowing the conjunction of the Mask that was previously made my Atheus all in one to allow a much more seamless armor that Atheus can depend on and use.

Having multiple places to store weapons, communication devices, powerpacks, Faraday cages, and even heat sinks to prevent overheating within the suit, and to provide more protection against energy based weaponry. This causes a great overall ability of the suit to perform in just about any situation.

What makes this suit stand out from others, is the removal of the entire left arm from the suit. This is so Atheus can effectively use his altered left arm. This allows Atheus to be able to be more efficient in any line of work. Be it visiting others for diplomatic reasons, or be in battle.

Other additions to this armor with Taozin Leather, and spacers leather allow for the armor to be much lighter, and rely less on pure plate armor to protect him. Including resistances to the force to prevent the wearer from being felt as a very powerful presence, and instead feel as though he would be a lower level of power. It also protects slightly against force powers from directly damaging him. Force powers such as Lighting would be attracted to the Faraday Cage, and telekinesis to reduce pushes power directly against him. However, it has limited protection. As such, should someone constantly be using the force against him, it could power through the resistances, or if the person were to batter him over and over again it can break through.

Strengths:
  • Resistances to Energy based weaponry. (Lightsabers, Blasters, Ion, EMP)
  • Due to the Faraday Cage, it can absorb electrical interferences. Allowing for electrical based weapons to be dampened in power, or even force powers such as Force Lighting, and Force Shock to be dampened. EMPs are Electro-magnetic pulses that shut off electrical systems by overloading the systems with a sudden jolt of power. Thus the faraday cage almost nullifies the surge.
  • Reduces ambient force signature of Atheus to be much smaller. *As a Master, he would effectively feel like a low tier Knight.* (Dependence upon Sensory of the force from person to person, as Master leveled characters might be able to still feel his presence, but not all of it.)
  • Some Modularity for weapon loadouts, or other gadgets.
  • Multiple use, every day armor.
  • Slugthrower resistance due to the inserted plate armor residing underneath the leather much like a kevlar vest.
Weaknesses :
  • Kinetic damage is still very possible. Kinetic Impact gel helps reduce the damage possible, but after a few hits will be rendered useless. While the heat, and most of the damage from energy based weapons are reduced greatly, the kinetic impacts with such weapons can still cause damage as most of the leather is comprised of leather with inserted plate armor.
  • The left arm is completely exposed. Unlike the rest of the black leather to be used, the metallic arm is exposed and could reflect light and expose where Atheus is should he be without the Jacket it comes with.
  • As a multiple use of armor, and high resistances to energy based weaponry, everything else that could possibly be used against him would do slightly less, or just as much damage as it would to someone without armor.
  • The Leather can be cut with bladed weaponry, and would need to be replaced should any of the leathers be damaged.
  • This armor is heavier than most medium armors, but does not have the same rating of durability as a heavy armor with resistances to just about everything. Chinks in the armor along the armpits, upper right arm, thighs, groin, rear, knees, and even the top portion of Atheus' head are all exposed. While heavier armors, and the previous armors from the Iron Empire were considered heavy due to the wide range of protection they could provide over the entirety of the body, while this armor specializes in Energy based, with force based as a secondary objective over portions of the body.

DESCRIPTION
A military suit built specifically for Atheus by way of the Iron Empire's Iron Fury Industries, and Atheus' own company Cerberus Enterprise to aid in protection of the man who is valued among both companies, and the faction of the Iron Empire.

Ever since Atheus' inheritance of the company from his master, and becoming one of the more influential individuals within the Iron Empire, Atheus, asking permission from the Baelor family and their assets, began to modify his own personal armor, and armor given to him by way of being an Iron Lord, and aiding in talks with the Silver Jedi, Take over of Ilum, and visiting possible allies such as [member="Lady Kay"]. With the loss of his arm on the Omega Fleet against a Gen'Dai with the aid of [member="Alkor Centaris"], the two men defeated the being, at the cost of Atheus losing an arm.

With his lack of armor at the time, Atheus planned on making armor for himself. While at first, he created heavy armor, he decided that a multipurpose armor would suit him better. As such, with the aid of those around him, and his own company, Atheus produced a unique set of armor for himself to aid in his travels with Thalia across the galaxy on his own, or for the name of the Iron Empire.

[member="Atheus"]

Atheus said:
Blaster/Lightsaber-resistance: The use of Taozin, and Spacers leathers allow for high damage resistance to most forms of energy.
Would you be able to give me a source on this? Neither the Spacer's Leather entry nor the Taozin entry lists any resistance to energy, blaster, lightsaber, or otherwise.

This could be where blaster resistance comes in, the crystadurium/durasteel alloy. It does mention making armor heavier though.

Atheus said:
Small resistance to directly acted force based powers. (Telekinesis, Force Lightning, etc)
Aside from the faraday cages protecting from lightning attacks, where does this resistance come from?

[member="Taryc Ap'Irae"],

As listed in the Taozin Article, is states that the hide/scales of the creature were resistant to blasters and Lightsabers. And you are correct, Spacers leather does not protect against blaster fire. I listed it there for the utility belt.

As for the force, I must of misread on my species for force protection. Thank you for catching that. I edited in the Faraday Cage strength to rid any confusion, and also edited out any relation to power reduction of force based attacks. I was thinking of a different creature that did that. A mistake on my end.

Let me know if there is anything else I may have missed.

[member="Atheus"]

I apologize about missing the lightsaber/blaster resistance of the species. Obviously I should go get some more coffee.

I don't see a need for development here, it is a fairly well balanced sub in my eyes. Are you sure you want to list the Omega reward for this?

[member="Atheus"]

I believe you are good without it. I am a trainee still, so I'd say take it off. The RPJ that reviews my judgements may ask for it back as I am still learning the ropes, but I believe you are good without.

Hi [member="Atheus"]!

Atheus said:
Slugthrower-resistance: The use of flex-armor allows the armor to withstand slug-thrower projectiles. This is from the plate armor housed inside the Chest, Shins, a small pauldron on the right shoulder, and a bracer on the right arm.
Atheus said:
Weaknesses : Kinetic damage
These are conflicting statements. Please add the areas of slugthrower resistance to your list of strengths for visibility so that it is clearly defined where this armor is unprotected from such weapons.

[member="Jamie Pyne"], They are valid strengths and weaknesses. Kinetic damage would be something like a punch, or a hammer blow. Bullets have piercing damage because of how much kinetic damage they have in such a short surface area. Hence why arrows and bullets can make a hole in the skin, and a hammer only tenderizes your muscles.

I have already listed piercing damage and Kinetic damage since I have seen other writers use hammers, or even staves/staffs.

I can remove it entirely if you wish me to do so, but I find it difficult for me to understand why when writers are using very diverse weapons with so many people on the board?

[member="Atheus"]

I am not debating that they are valid or not.

Below is what I am concerned with.

Jamie Pyne said:
Please add the areas of slugthrower resistance to your list of strengths for visibility so that it is clearly defined where this armor is unprotected from such weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom