Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Walking in the Woods One Day.... (Auron)

Voss

Ryn had been deep in the forest for some time now. Not too far from his interactions in what felt like was a life-time prior with a young Mr. Heavenshield, and his young female friend. Such a time of peace, the felinoid wondered if he'd ever be there, mentally, again. So much to work through.

In the clearing, he worked his swords, twin saber-hilts at his hips beneath his cloak. His durasteel long-knives sung through the air as he worked his rotations, this time attempting to still his mind by working through his dual-variant of the Soresu form. Steady, rapid orbits about his body, smoothly transitioning between long and short orbits, frequently shifting the orientation and paths of said orbits back and forth, as he continued his martial dance about the clearing, beneath the canopy of the large, knobbly-rooted tree by the stream. Ancient ruins loomed nearly a hundred meters from where the felinoid trained.

So focused on his training, on his exertion, the masked, cloaked figure was not concentrating on his surroundings through the Force, not being able to sense immediate threats, until they were within a significant proximity. Woe be to he who crossed the somewhat volatile Jedi this morning....

[member=Auron]​

There was a certain energy to be found in the wilderness of Voss. Amidst the serene pulsations that flowed from the Jedi Temple across the whole planet, the wildlife had its own unique presence within the Force. It offered its own sense of peace and warmth that calmed the conflicted soul of young Auron, who much preferred the solitude of the wild to the abstractions and authorities of the Masters of the Jedi. They pushed far too much on him, pressured him to start concentrating on his lessons, but he didn't need them. He was strong and skilled enough already, plus he was a Song, well revered just for his name. He was popular, he was a catch and he could talk with the beasts of Voss. He hadn't any need for trainers.

Yet, he resigned to the fact that he ultimately did, though he didn't like to. He did want to become a Knight, even a Master like his father, and he knew that he had to concentrate if he were to attain that level. He had to do his father proud, his family proud. The pressures of his name began to take its toll. Tomorrow he would restart training, though, for today he wished to meditate, commune and be alone. Yet as he wandered aimlessly along a small woodland path, the sounds of metal shearing through air began to bounce lightly through the tall trees, accompanied by the occasional grunt of excursion. He clearly was not as alone as had hoped. No matter.

Trotting along the path, the apprentice followed the sounds until the trees opened up into a slightly bigger space, and saw a fellow Jedi training vigorously with small blades. His aura swelled as a Jedi's, but it was conflicted with other feelings. Auron recognised such an energy quite quickly, as it resonated with his own. Instead of engaging the Jedi immediately, Auron resolved to climb upon the tree and perch himself atop one of the thicker branches. Sitting silently, he observed the finely tuned movements of the practitioner for several long moments. Its grace and precision was commendable; it had clearly been a routine well refined and practiced over some time. Finally, Auron spoke.
"You know, you'll ache for days if you push yourself too hard. Remember to do some stretches between routines."

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

Suddenly, there was a voice. Nearby. The concentration, the reverie, was broken. Suddenly, the primal instinct to defend oneself kicked into play. Before even having a chance to reach out through the Force to confirm whether the bearer of said voice was a threat or not, the masked Jedi whirled, a flurry of movement and cloak. The target of the defensive attack, the young man in the tree, would suddenly see not one, not two, but three short-swords, screaming through the air directly at him.

Thankfully, the Force could weave and flow significantly faster than material objects. Ryn'Dhal reached as he threw, and realized the man was not a hostile, and not one deserving of a swift, painful, piercing death. Reaching through the Force, tethering each of the weapons to his person by unseen lines, gloved hands extended, fingers splayed. The swords all stopped abruptly, frozen in the air less than a meter from the young man.

A low, ragged breath, was exhaled, as he wrenched his hands towards his person, all three swords following suit. A slight roll through the air of his body, his hands would snatch each blade one at a time and sheathing them, the third of them was in a hidden sheath along his spine, the blade inserted from below.

After returning weapons to designated locations, two sheathed at opposing angles across the small of his back, the third along his spine, the masked one placed gloved hands upon his hips, and stared up at the young man in the trees, golden eyes narrowing behind his mask. "An ache.... is manageable...." He'd state, irritation noticeable in his melodic voice. "It's quite dangerous to venture the woods, and interrupt ones training, alone.... Never know what you may find out here...."

After another moment of tension, the masked face would shake slightly, eyes closing as a steadying breath was taken. "Seeing as you're already out here.... And my focus for my task is all but shattered.... You come on down here, and let us be properly introduced."

Should the young man descend from the tree, or flee to find entertainment elsewhere, the masked one would wait to see.

[member=Auron]​

Auron was ready to push away the blades, but a shimmer of premonition told him through the Force that this attack would not sustain itself to completion, and worry did not beset him. Instead, the blades succumbed to a stillness and withdrew to their owner. Auron grinned.
"You say that now about aches, but just you wait until you're face-to-face with them and you're rendered barely able to do fancy moves!" His voice was partially laced with a tone not of mocking, rather more of a harmful tease, yet it could have easily been perceived as such, for Auron's general attitude and approach to life seemed to give off such an aura; casual, lackadaisical, light. He leapt down, allowing the Force to guide him towards the ground and land lightly.
"Auron Song. I'm an Apprentice here. How about yourself? You seem pretty well experienced in close-quarter combat. I like that. We have that much in common at least." Auron grinned once more.

[member="Ryn'Dhal"]

"Ryn'Dhal. I too am an apprentice. And I've seen my fair share of dicey situations...." He'd trail off for a moment, before giving a slight shudder, his thoughts touching on something significantly less than pleasant. "Perhaps more than my fair share...." Turning those molten golden hues on the young man before him, the cloaked and masked padawan would pace slightly. "You claim familiarity with close quarters combat? Have you a lightsaber? If so.... would you be opposed to a training duel? A spar?" He'd ask, mask cocking at an odd angle, as head tilted towards one shoulder. Beneath his robe, unseen by the other apprentice, gloved hands would toggle his lightsaber blades power-output to minimal settings. Low enough to be only a stinging, and potentially numbing, pain on contact with the body.

"It is said, through battle, can you truly know a warriors heart. And Jedi are to be warriors of peace, and philosophers. Not one or the other. As such, with words would you see the heart of a philosopher.... But with a blade will you witness the warriors." The smile was evident in his melodic voice, and in those glinting molten gold eyes. "So I ask you, if we are to truly part today as friends, and not merely acquaintances, cross your saber with mine, and show me what lies within your heart, warrior."

[member="Auron"]​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom