Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Waking Up...

DeadpoolMLP

Too many characters, I have
81264ec4370202adcf3c3d8b7287988f.jpg

The planet of Javaal was not a planet one thinks about in the realms of the rest of galactic history. Outside of a footnote in the era of the Great Sith War, it sat only as an unimportant rock on the galactic route north of Coruscant towards Ansion.

But to the crew of the Angel, it was a trap that kept them out of the fight, out of the true Galactic Civil War, and kept a one Jonyna Si away from her goal of being the new master of the jedi.

But now, 900 years later, the cathar awakes. The curse lifted...at least for her.

"Ugh..." She groaned, falling to her feet. Being a Catscicle for 900 years only made her stiff.

She took a pause to look back. Her crew were gone, somewhere. She could've sworn they were around her last she checked.

"GIRAN! SEVS! ...Zash?"

It took a moment to settle in as she called, searching her surroundings.

"
...Hello? Anyone?!"

Alone. She was truly alone...

Maybe they were just back at the ship!

She ran for what seemed like hours. She knew where they had parked! But...the snow drifts made it seem like that was everywhere and nowhere all at once. It was all just endless white. She stopped only to look at the device Zash had gifted her. She still couldn't read it, but she remembered how to send a distress signal on it...

Last edited:

Javaal
Tags: DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP

Gotto_Stick_Divider.png

"No need for the beacon, stranger," Gotto called out.

The Ryn sat as still as a statue on a nearby hill, so still he was easily missed by the standard passer-by. Gotto had been away for some time now, training in the wild far from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant. Javaal was a frigid world, the perfect place to hone his mastery of Tapas. He would join with the New Jedi Order once again, but in the meantime he hoped to strengthen his resolve to the elements. The knight had been meditating for three days now, long enough to where a layer of snow had gathered on the knight's head. Gotto stood, picking up his staff and making his way down the hill with a casual stride, his bare feet shuffling through the snow.

"Good day to you," he greeted with a lazy bow. "I'd say it's a pleasure to meet a fellow traveler in this place, but you seem a bit... distressed."

Gotto assessed the woman. The Kathar was notably rather strong in the force, to the level that indicated training. A Jedi perhaps? She certainly looked the part, aside from the general panic about her energy. Master Spinner had always told him that knights wound up in all sorts of danger, and the Ryn had experienced such a thing first hand in his travels. To that end, he felt compelled to provide some aid.

"Perhaps I can be of assistance?" the Ryn offered. "I'm Gotto Sorendu, Jedi Knight."

DeadpoolMLP

"Jonyna Si, Jedi Knight, though...saying that is still one of those things I don't feel like I've earned yet." The Cathar paused, looking the Ryn up and down. "What's a jedi like you looking around here? Shouldn't you be looking around for..." She frowned, rubbing a temple with a frustration. "What was it that Giran called them...Inquisitors? I dunno, they never seemed to bother me, and my friend was always paranoid...you seen any of them? One's a B-1, has a sniper rifle he likes lugging around. Calls himself Sevs. Another is a human, brown hair, wields a blue saber?"

She looked a little desperate for an answer there. "You haven't seen a massive white and gold cruiser poking out of the snow, have you?"

Her tail flicked with annoyance. They wouldn't have left her. But the ship wasn't where it was supposed to be, and the crew was gone. On top of that, she was starting to shiver. Her thin fur wasn't built to last in the snow this long.

Javaal

Gotto_Stick_Divider.png

"Inquisitors?" Gotto frowned, scratching at his chin. "I don't believe many Sith agents use the name of the Inquisitorius for operations these days. Even if some still exist, I have doubts they would be in Galactic Alliance space."

Peculiar. As far as Gotto was aware, the Jedi had not been on the run for some time. It seemed that there was something far more puzzling at play here, a force which had displaced his fellow knight.

"I'm afraid I've seen no vessel," he shrugged. "Judging by your outdated terminology, I would wager that your friends have not been through here in some time..."

There was only one way to know for sure.

"What year is it?"

DeadpoolMLP

That gave the Cathar pause. She took a moment to count on her hands, as if that helped her.

"Um...what, 19 years since the Empire took over, right? We felt...something before we got here. Felt like a shockwave across the galaxy, but..." She paused, as if taking a moment to feel everything around her. "That's gone now...everything feels....different."

While the cathar was never the smartest knife in the toolbox, she was always a rather clever cat. "What year is it then?"

Javaal

Gotto_Stick_Divider.png

"900 ABY," Gotto stated plainly. "That's 'After the Battle of Yavin.' It's the battle that ultimately lead to the collapse four years later. You seem to have traveled a very long ways, or a long time I suppose."

It wasn't unusual. The force worked in mysterious ways. The Sword of the Jedi had come from thousands of years ago, and others had found themselves whisked to the future, thought he had only ever heard of such cases. Still, he could foresee panic. Perhaps it was best to present some hope in the midst of the confusion.

"I'm a member of the New Jedi Order," he explained, "We're centered out of the reclaimed temple on Coruscant. I'm sure you're current situation is... jarring, but perhaps you'd like to accompany me? I know of a few amongst our ranks who've experienced leaps forward in time. If not for some perspective, the Temple is at least a good place to get back on your feet."

A warm smile came to Gotto's face. He was ultimately a positive man, through and through. A smile was a source of reassurance in troubling times.

"If not to at least get you out of the cold," the Ryn added. "You don't seem to be faring too well."

DeadpoolMLP

Javaal

Gotto_Stick_Divider.png

"900 ABY," Gotto stated plainly. "That's 'After the Battle of Yavin.' It's the battle that ultimately lead to the collapse four years later. You seem to have traveled a very long ways, or a long time I suppose."

It wasn't unusual. The force worked in mysterious ways. The Sword of the Jedi had come from thousands of years ago, and others had found themselves whisked to the future, thought he had only ever heard of such cases. Still, he could foresee panic. Perhaps it was best to present some hope in the midst of the confusion.

"I'm a member of the New Jedi Order," he explained, "We're centered out of the reclaimed temple on Coruscant. I'm sure you're current situation is... jarring, but perhaps you'd like to accompany me? I know of a few amongst our ranks who've experienced leaps forward in time. If not for some perspective, the Temple is at least a good place to get back on your feet."

A warm smile came to Gotto's face. He was ultimately a positive man, through and through. A smile was a source of reassurance in troubling times.

"If not to at least get you out of the cold," the Ryn added. "You don't seem to be faring too well."

Jonyna lost her footing at that, falling down.

"...oh."

It took her a moment to just...take that information in. Her breathing sharpened while her mind adjusted.

After a moment, she brought her digitigrade legs up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them, as a small bit of flame ignited from her hands, a small bit of the dark side showing it's face.

But it was under control. Her mind raced, but her training persisted.

After a moment, the flame faded, before she looked up.

"...You said you reclaimed the temple? Do you...have a ship to take us there?"

Last edited:

Javaal

Gotto_Stick_Divider.png

Gotto felt the darkness for a moment, but he said nothing and allowed it to fade naturally. He did take note of her latent pyrokinetic abilities. The control of fire was not inherently dark, but if not trained properly could be utilized to destructive effect. He'd have to suggest training for such an ability, but all in due time.

"...You said you reclaimed the temple? Do you...have a ship to take us there?"

"I do," he nodded. "Well, it isn't exactly mine. The vessel is on loan from my master you see. I was intending on returning to the Temple today to see it's return, so I don't see why we can't tackle two birds with one stone."

A grin spread across his face.

"My master is a bird," Gotto chuckled. "He'd find that very funny."

Or maybe Master Spinner wouldn't. The Ryn didn't care either way. He thought it was funny. Before long, Gotto was leading the woman through the snow, coming to an old XS Stock Light Freighter. Snow had collected about two or three inches on the top, suggesting it had sat there for some time.

"Here it is," the knight stated. "It's a bit of a vintage model, even for your time, but it's in good shape. Just, uh, be mindful of any feathers. Master Spinner tends to lose a fair amount. I... don't trust that he's thoroughly cleaned the ship."

Before long the lift door was lowered, and Gotto gave a gesture with a flick of his prehensile tail to indicate her permission to enter. It would be rude if he entered before his guest after all.

DeadpoolMLP

Needless to say, the joke landed with the Cathar, as she definitely needed a laugh.

"The only master I ever had the pleasure of studying under was the ghost of an old Sith War era Knight we happened upon the tomb of on Ryloth. I don't take it you've ever heard the name Sylvar, have you?" She asked idly as she entered the ship, eyeing up the old freighter with a set of old orbs that had seen many a ship. "You weren't kidding when you said this was old. I think I used to see these things all over the place on the Outer Rim..."

The world was lush and vibrant... and Sheila was engaged in epic battle... her blade crossing talons and beak with the monster boss of all birds that threatened her. She had tried to get away, had tried to calm and talk things out but he was intent. The ivory feathered foul fowl king. Their battle had been pitted across the land the sea and the skies above... why no one would really be certain but the bird seemed intent upon it being a struggle to the death. Then something shifted... something in the force and they both seemed to sense it for a moment. Hunger gnawed at both their bellies and they could hear it... growing weary of the fight and with great hunger Sheila spoke. "Truce." SHe said it and the noble bird nodded understanding to her while they set off for food and the sensation in the force. Sheila riding astride the birds back. Formidable enemies now friends as it were as halfway towards food the bird bucked and turned knocking SHeila off of his back and she adjusted flying around and finding the two.

DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP Gotto Sorendu Gotto Sorendu

Javaal
Tags: DeadpoolMLP DeadpoolMLP , Sheila Sheila

Gotto_Stick_Divider.png

"I don't take it you've ever heard the name Sylvar, have you?"

"I can't say I have," Gotto shrugged. "History has never been my strong suit."

The mention of the ship's notoriety wasn't a shock to Gotto. The XS had been favored by all kinds of people since the ancient Republic, during the time of the old Great Galactic War. The Ryn was quick to situate himself in the cockpit, prepping the freighter for flight. With Jonyna aboard, the landing ramp closed as the ship began to lift off the ground. Soon enough, Gotto had taken the vessel through the upper atmosphere of the planet and entered hyperspace.

"Right then," he nodded, stepping out from the cockpit. "I figure we'll be at Coruscant in a day or so. In the meantime..."

The knight began to rummage, procuring a tea set made up of mismatched cups and a rather antique looking kettle, which he quickly got situated on a stove top. Seemingly by reflex, Gotto added a series of random leaves and fruit extracts.

"Tea?" the Ryn asked. "It helps sooth the soul, or at least that's what my Master thinks anyways."

DeadpoolMLP

"Tea?" the Ryn asked. "It helps sooth the soul, or at least that's what my Master thinks anyways."
The Cathar took a moment to adjust to the ship as it started moving. She always got a bit uneasy in big metal boxes. Finding a comfortable place to sit, her tail began to idly flick as she looked around.

"Sure. Can't say I've had that in a while..." She frowned, letting out an annoyed growl, and some sort of cathar curse. "Well, a while relative to me. Last time I had tea was back when I was out and about in the Outer Rim planet hopping and helping folks in need."

She smirked slightly, her cocky personality shining through as she tried to keep her spirit high. "Hero in the streets, Tiger in the Sheets. That's what they used to call me. The Predator of the Outer Rim, Savior of the People, Bane to the Wicked."

Her mood seemed to dip at that, as the time passed as she settled into her seat.

"
I had...eight siblings. I was...so happy to see them. Now they're all long gone." She did pause for thought at that. "'Cept for maybe my mom. Found out she was a former Sentinel before all this. Her....ghost might be back on Cathar itself."

She seemed to take solace in that fact. Her family surely lived on, and she could always continue the family line herself.

This would be her rock in the storm. The knowledge that somewhere out there in the stars, she would be remembered...

MOSHED-2022-10-2-15-23-11.jpg

Space

Gotto_Stick_Divider.png

"I've been called a few names in my travels," Gotto remarked at the mention of reputation. "Stick Guy, Mr. Hobo, Homeless Monk Dude... Upon reflection, I don't believe many of these are a matter of reputation, more so observation."

He handed the woman a cup of tea before sitting down, coiling his prehensile tail and using it to prop himself up. The Ryn took a sip of his tea, letting out a soft exhale of warm breath. Citrus, Tragia Leaf, and a hint of floral extract. Good for internal and spiritual healing.

"I... understand the feeling," the knight frowned as he listened to the Cathar reflect on her family. "For a long time I was trapped underground in an earthy prison, separated from my order... I had good friends who were the closest thing I've ever had to brothers and sisters. When I was freed and returned, I discovered they had perished in battle..."

The Second Great Hyperspace War had been a violent bout, one which had left the galaxy recoiling in it's wake. It was partly the reason why he had taken up a vow of non-violence, a hope of his own to not spread any more suffering than what had been propagated by the Maw. Gotto could fight, but the warrior flame of his padawan days had long since faded.

"But time heals grave wounds," he noted, taking a sip of his tea. "I've traveled for some time now, following echoes in the Force. I'm training myself for oneness of the body and soul. My stent on Javaal was part of such a regiment... but I'll soon be called back to the Galaxy at large. There's something brewing in the Outer Rim..."

Even after the fall of the Maw, darkness filled the uncertain future. The Sith Order's attack on the academy on Ossus was evidence of such a truth. Conflict would come once more, and Gotto had a responsibility to defend life when the time came.

DeadpoolMLP

"But time heals grave wounds," he noted, taking a sip of his tea. "I've traveled for some time now, following echoes in the Force. I'm training myself for oneness of the body and soul. My stent on Javaal was part of such a regiment... but I'll soon be called back to the Galaxy at large. There's something brewing in the Outer Rim..."
Jonyna couldn't help but show a toothy snarl, grumbling at the thought.

"Nearly a thousand years later, and you guys still have evil to deal with? Figures. My dream back in the day was to form a lasting peace. Find a middle ground between the Light and the Dark. My friend Giran, he was a padawan when Order 66 went out. He told me the jedi of old saw the dark as if it was a monster. A temptress that would lead you to ruin should you follow it. I...couldn't believe that. A Cathar's claws are just as much a part of it as it's fur. One's ability to harm does not discount their ability to help. To love. Giran was....indoctrinated. The jedi told him all this nonsense about letting go of your feelings and it just led to him repressing everything that made him mad. I never got that chance. I was only 5 when the order went out, didn't even make it to the temple. Was on my way when everything went to hell."

She let out a sigh, taking a sip of tea herself, her thick eyebrows raising at the sensation. "This is good. I take it it's a personal recipe?"

MOSHED-2022-10-2-15-23-11.jpg

Space

Gotto_Stick_Divider.png

"Ah, old Jedi philosophy," Gotto remarked. "I've certainly heard such a tail before... but I like to see 'in-between light and dark' as a bit of a misunderstanding of the Force."

Emotion wasn't as dark as the purists would believe. In fact, it was hard to say that anything natural was of the darkside. The use of the dark was to inherently twist the natural order. It made sense to Gotto that the restriction of natural occurrences was a slippery slope, as were most things.

"Love is natural," he shrugged. "As is hate, fear, compassion, empathy... Intention is what drives the alignment of action. Great and terrible things can come from any emotion after all. Cutting off emotions can have catastrophic effects just as much as anything else. The order I come from is not like the one of the Republic. There are a great deal of Jedi who maintain or start family connections. You may come to find that the things you've been taught to avoid are not as dark as you were told."

The New Jedi Order had been forged in such an understanding, the hope of breaking away from the old ways to be the Jedi in it's purest form. This was, of course, flawed as all things were. No one thing was perfect, but Gotto had come to respect how the ways of his order were a great improvement on the cycle that the one of the Republic era had fallen into.

"As for the dark itself, the Sith remain... rather destructive, unfortunately," Gotto sighed. "We've just come out of a war with a band called the Brotherhood of the Maw. Planets have been reduced to ash in the wake of it all, and even now their remnants seek to burn the galaxy to the ground. If the stories of the Battle of Tython are to be believed, their now dead leader nearly broke the Force as we understand it. Peace, I'm afraid, is a far-out goal."

"This is good. I take it it's a personal recipe?"

"You could say that," the knight nodded. "A bit of experimentation. I've grown quite accustomed to working with plant life in my travels."

It helped that the plants often told him what was most beneficial. Aid regularly came to those who listened, and Gotto had spent the last five years of his life doing so.

Last edited:

DeadpoolMLP

"It's good to hear that at least things are improving since my days." She gave a soft smile at that. She'd been right in the end, it would seem. Giran wanted to re established the order as it was. Something the two always butted heads over. "Consider me up to join the fight then. I'm sure you need more soldiers to throw into the fray. Sylvar knows I'd have loved to fight in the Clone Wars had I gotten the chance." She couldn't help but laugh. "Yoda would've hated me. Too rowdy to control, even when I was a kit. Always arguing against what I saw didn't make sense."

Her laugh subsided in favor of a quiet calm, her mind stirring. "So...is Cathar still there? I mean, wouldn't be the first time someone turned it to ash. Fuckin' Mandos. Are they still a thing? I know that sounds insensitive, but like, ya know, they tried to genocide my whole race. I think I'm allowed to be a little bit of an ass towards them."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom