Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vur Tepe

IceGOTReforged.png
Aurum
Je'daii Forge

Lothar Lundgren approached the Je'daii blacksmith, who was working at her forge, as always. The Valkryi bowed at the waist and introduced himself, "Good morning Ranger Emberfall, my name is-" He was unable to finish his sentence, as the blacksmith turned on her heels and cut him off, "I know who you are, Lothar. It isn't everyday one of our kind joins the Order." The Journeyer smiled, then continued. "Well, Ranger Emberfall, I come to you today to complete my Vur Tepe Trial. I hope to forge and imbue a traditional two-handed Valkryi blade." A grin graced Thorve's face, with a glint in her brown eye. "It's been a while since I've seen a Valkryi blade crafted. May Teign guide you. I shall help as long as you help me with a few projects of my own." The blacksmith's smile turned into a smirk. Lothar knew this was about the going rate to receive aid from Thorve. Enthusiastically, the Je'daii Journeyer agreed.

Having left the Journeyer for just a few moments, the blacksmith returned with what Lothar assumed was all of the necessary ingredients for his upcoming weapon. Durasteel, the material for the hilt, and the small energy crystal. "Here is what you will need, Lothar. And do you know what you must do?" He hesitated, then responded. "I have an idea." She nodded and began to explain. "You must take the durasteel and begin to hammer it into your blade at the forge," she pointed as she spoke, "As you hammer, you must concentrate heavily on channeling the force into the blade. But beware, you will shatter the hot durasteel if you do too much or too little. Once the sword itself is completed, you must place the crystal in the hilt." Thorve picked up the crystal for display. "You must meditate, and combine the blade to the crystal. In doing so, you will also become one with your blade. Once you have completed all these steps, the sword will glow with the power of the Force."

The Journeyer nodded. He knew his task would be difficult, but not this difficult. He was already here, and had already promised to help the blacksmith after he forged his sword so he had no choice but to begin his project.

ccb155cbde59ae1e2dc81dca06fd9789.jpg
Aurum
Je'daii Forge

Clang.

Clang.

Clang.

The sound of Lothar's hammer rang out in the forge. Sweat not only dripped from the Valkryi's brow, but seemed to cover his entire body. The heat in the forge was unbearable. Lothar had thought that just the temperature on Aurum was too hot, but this was another story entirely. He didn't know how Thorve could do it.

Either way, the Journeyer pressed onwards. Hammering the durasteel, and he also focused on channeling the force into the blade as he hammered. Ranger Emberfall stood slightly behind Lothar, watching his progress over his shoulder. The entire process was mentally and physically taxing on the Journeyer. But the hammer continued to clang, and his focused only ever waivered slightly.

After what felt like hours, but in reality was only about one, Lothar pulled the blade from the forge and sent it into the water to cool it. His head hurt not only from the insufferable heat, but also the amount of focus needed to channel the force. He turned to Thorve, who spoke, "You are not done yet, young one." And she brought the energy crystal up for Lothar to view. He nodded slowly, then shut his eyes. If he could just get a few minutes for rest, he would be able to continue his Trial.

vikings-medieval-midgard-swords-blacksmith-forge.jpg
Aurum
Je'daii Forge

"Careful, Lothar."

Thorve Emberfall's voice seemed to surround the Journeyer as he meditated on his newly forged blade. Every step he had undertook thus far had been successful. Now all that was left was, as Thorve said, to become "one with the blade." Lothar thought he understood, but he was deeper focused in the force than he had ever been.

"Beware shattering the blade."

Lothar imagined the blade joining with the crystal, then tried to act upon it with the force. The Valkryi wasn't even done yet, but the exhaustion already seemed to set in. This process was incredibly mentally taxing. Nonetheless, the Journeyer persisted. If he couldn't do this, he couldn't complete his Great Journey.

With newfound energy, Lothar pressed onward. "Doing good, Lothar." Silently acknowledging her appraisal, he sensed the work with the blade itself was nearly finished. Lothar focused now on becoming one with the blade itself.

A hand found itself resting on the Journeyer's shoulder.

"It is done, young one."

Slowly, Lothar opened his eyes. Even this simple action was extremely difficult. He had exhausted nearly every bit of his energy imbueing his blade. To say the hand merely helped Lothar up would not be enough, Thorve essentially picked her fellow Valkryi up from the ground. He looked at his new sword, and a smile would have formed on his face had he the physical energy to. The blade glowed a brilliant white. Thorve patted Lothar, then half-walked half-dragged him to where he would rest for the next few hours. Then, the head blacksmith moved back to her workshop to begin creating a sheath for the Journeyer's new blade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom