Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech VT-Rigor HDM

Status
Not open for further replies.
8UNnzw1.png
kPepBqE.png
Image Source: Here
Intent: To Create a Standard Use Droid for the Rigor Network
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Vanir Technologies
Model: Rigor; Holographic Disguise Model
Affiliation: Rigor
Modularity: Yes
Production: Unique(Utilized Only by Rigor but there are many hundreds)
Material: Durasteel, Carbo-Plas
Classification: Rigor
Weight: 134kg
Height: 1.8m
Movement: Bipedal
Armaments:
Misc. Equipment:
Strengths:
  • Many Faced: The Rigor HDM droid was designed and created to be Rigor's new standard operating droid. The automaton was built from the ground up to purposefully serve as a way for Rigor to seamlessly interact with the galaxy at large. To assist with this the droid is at its core based around the famed Holographic Disguise Matrix. It is capable of using this device to disguise itself as nearly almost anything or anyone that it has previously scanned. In order to facilitate this even further the droid is equipped with advanced close ranger scanners. This is the Droids primary function, establishing it as a highly advanced 'face' for Rigor to utilize in public when interacting with organics.
Weaknesses:
  • Fragile: Though it is a droid, the Rigor HDM is relatively fragile. It is composed of a Durasteel skeleton with a 'skin' of carbo-plas. This means the droid is about as resistant as a regular human body, with a powerful punching being able to dent its skin and most blaster shots being capable of destroying it entirely. It's skeletal structure and wiring are a bit tougher, requiring several powerful blows or overlapping EMP's to disable completely. It should be noted that though a single EMP grenade can temporarily disable an HDM, the droid will eventually reboot.
Description:
These droids were designed after Rigor observed the reactions of Organics to it's previous models of interaction.

Deciding that organics were reactionary and oddly fearful things the Network known as Rigor decided that something else was needed. In order to be able to properly interact and speak with organics Rigor designed a set of droids from the ground up that would allow it to tailor each interaction to exactly what an Organic would expect. This eventual design settled on the HDM, a droid capable of quite literally changing to whatever face an organic would feel most comfortable with.

Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Hi [member="Rigor"]! I will be reviewing this submission.

I have a general understanding of what it is you're trying to convey with this submission, however as it's worded, this is dancing very dangerously close to full on self replicating hive mind AI. There are a number of conflicting statements, and, while I can see both sides of the argument, the fact that it can be misconstrued to be perceived as a hive mind is going to cause problems.

Rigor said:
Rigor is not simply a droid anymore.

Rigor said:
This state could most simply be defined as a Network.

Rigor said:
Instead of consisting of one program, one droid, or indeed one single entity Rigor is now an amalgam of different systems all working towards the same goal.

Rigor said:
Though Rigor is capable of independent thought the former droid is not really intelligent.
By reading those statements in that order, combined all of those statements push this submission towards something that I would have to outright deny.

Given the above, I have to disagree with the assertion below of it being inaccurate to describe it as a hive mind, as the way it is worded, that is more or less exactly what it is.

Rigor said:
It would be inaccurate to describe this function as a 'hive' mind or even a true AI.

Rigor said:
Rigor for all intense and purposes is simply a hyper advanced programming running under it's own inhibitions, self expanding and evolving, but with no true intelligence.
While this statement does help somewhat to describe what you're after, it doesn't do enough to solidify that assertion. All AI in general fall into this category. Given that there are no true real world examples of sentient AI as of yet, I have to go by what would be perceived as true intelligence. Creating a network of droids with goals and desires manipulated by a singular AI is more or less the dictionary definition of hivemind:
"(in science fiction) a unified consciousness or intelligence formed by a number of alien individuals, the resulting consciousness typically exerting control over its constituent members."

My suggestion is to carefully rework the wording of the submission. There's nothing I can see fundamentally wrong with the idea, but the wording is too easily misinterpreted.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

This submission is not about or for what Rigor is, the character already exists. Its about the droid being submitted. As such I will remove the offending subject matter.

Rigor said:
[member="Lily Kuhn"]

Did you read the submission?
Did I read the submission I judged, or did I read this submission?

Can you be more clear as to how this does not violate the current practices of the factory regarding production? You'll have to forgive me, it's five in the morning, but one submission (used as equipment in this submission) is unique and the current submission is minor. The production of equipment attached to something needs to be at least the same production or exceed that production.

If the submission you have linked to this is not pertinent to the submission, remove it. Otherwise follow through the instruction I have laid out in my previous post.

Whether this is a holographic unit or not, it is still a minor production submission that is attempting to also make use of an unique submission as equipment for each subsequently produced piece.

[member="Lily Kuhn"]

The VT RDTS is not a piece of equipment nor is it really produced, it is a protocol. This is explained fully throughout the description of the original submission. The RDTS is utilizes standard communications equipment and is more accurately described as a piece of software then anything else. Think of it like a Microsoft crash report, only it sends data before shut down.

I listed the RDTS as unique because it is unique. The protocol itself only exist once...with Rigor. This droid is utilized by Rigor. The RDTS is not equipment that needs to be produced because as soon as Rigors base personality is downloaded into the droid its there. It is a feature of Rigor himself, included in this submission so that people who look at this droid are aware of what will happen when the droid is destroyed. This was done so in the interest of fair play i put it under equipment because there is no other pertinent section.

I have done the same exact with with previous models of droids made for Rigor.

I understand the rules, however, I would argue that software of any sort kind of breaks the rules anyway. There is no such thing as a "Unique" piece of software. If the original is obtained 'producing' new copies of the software would quite literally take the click of a button. The same goes for the RDTS, it is a protocol, basicially a line of code in Rigors programming, that tells him what to do when his body is dying. This code can be replicated very easily by anyone(if they ever got the original) by simply hitting the star war equivelant of ctrl+c then ctrl+v.

So yes, while I understand and respect the rules, hopefully the description of the RDTS plus my own explanation here wil explain why I included it under the equipment section of this submission.

Rigor said:
[member="Lily Kuhn"]
The VT RDTS is not a piece of equipment nor is it really produced, it is a protocol. This is explained fully throughout the description of the original submission. The RDTS is utilizes standard communications equipment and is more accurately described as a piece of software then anything else. Think of it like a Microsoft crash report, only it sends data before shut down.
I listed the RDTS as unique because it is unique. The protocol itself only exist once...with Rigor. This droid is utilized by Rigor. The RDTS is not equipment that needs to be produced because as soon as Rigors base personality is downloaded into the droid its there. It is a feature of Rigor himself, included in this submission so that people who look at this droid are aware of what will happen when the droid is destroyed. This was done so in the interest of fair play i put it under equipment because there is no other pertinent section.
I have done the same exact with with previous models of droids made for Rigor.
I understand the rules, however, I would argue that software of any sort kind of breaks the rules anyway. There is no such thing as a "Unique" piece of software. If the original is obtained 'producing' new copies of the software would quite literally take the click of a button. The same goes for the RDTS, it is a protocol, basicially a line of code in Rigors programming, that tells him what to do when his body is dying. This code can be replicated very easily by anyone(if they ever got the original) by simply hitting the star war equivelant of ctrl+c then ctrl+v.
So yes, while I understand and respect the rules, hopefully the description of the RDTS plus my own explanation here wil explain why I included it under the equipment section of this submission.
Production in the factory denotes how many people can use the submission. Unique is one PC, minor is any PC or a select group of NPCs.

If this is only for one PC, change the production to unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom