Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech VT-200 Electro Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: http://www.frigginclan.com/v3/images/emp_mine.png
Intent: To create an Anti-vehicle/Anti-personnel mine
Development Thread:
Manufacturer: Confederacy of the Outer Realms
Model: VT-200
Affiliation: COR
Modularity: No
Production: Mass
Material: Durasteel, electrical components and power packs
Description: The VT-200 is designed to be a pressure mine. When a foot, tire, or repulsor puts pressure into the plate, Boom. Using power packs to store the pressurized electricity, the discharge radius is about 4m of lethal damage. A Durasteel frame gives the mine durability to not be damaged in transit or before being activated.

The mine puts out between 200 and 300 milliamps, depending on the quality of the charged power packs. That amount of milliamps is enough to fry the brain and stop the heart, which is instantly fatal. A spring loaded power cell is shot up about one meter and detonates. The blast radius is roughly 3 meters, large enough to take out a small unit or a pair of vehicles in close proximity. Since its electricity, it has the ability to 'jump' between targets that conduct electricity up to three targets from the initial and one vehicle from the initial contact point. That many mA can also short circuit vehicle chips and power controls, effectively knocking them out. Droids will most definitely be damaged if not destroyed by the blast of electricity frying their circuits and power supplies. The amount of milliamps could possible overload power cells and fuel cells if the target takes the damage directly to that location. There is a subsequent effect caused by arc flashes; one would be temporary blindness and/or deafness and anyone who would have any specialized optics like implants or night vision goggles may permanently lose their sight.

The mine has a small radio receiver that allows remote activation and detonation. Up to one mile away, an operator can disarm and re-arm any number of mines. The only warning that the mine will go off, is a small click of the pressure plate contacting the trigger. There is no way to disable the mine without detonating it, as the trigger is zeroed out with the pressure plate and if that weight changes, less or more by more than a Three ounces, it will detonate. The pressure plate is 3 ounces.

They are the size of a large datapad and weight about 3 kilos. Theoretically they can be disabled by an EMP, because the power packs could be drained by the Electromagnetic blast. Detecting them requires knowledge of their locations and a metal detector. They could be seen by a trained eye, but if you're not actively looking, they're small enough to be missed, they would just look like uneven ground.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
[member="Cyrus Falcor"] Ξ [member="raziel"]

Edits -

◆ Can you make sure the link is to the image please
Link is here to save time
http://www.frigginclan.com/v3/images/apm.png

◆ Also I'd like to see some kind of weakness in the description so this can't be exploited in rp

Examples -
Would an emp disable it
Would these partially stick out the ground so someone could shoot it if they notice

[member="Cyrus Falcor"]

How did you reach the conclusion of that many mA being capable of frying someone's brain in an EMP?

EMPs that have knocked out electronics have done no damage to people in real life.

[member="Cyrus Falcor"]

I do apologise. I stand on this with a rubber boot. My other foot has a rubber soled boot on. The mine is on the ground. How is there a potential difference here that possibly affects the brain?

[member="Cyrus Falcor"]

As this mine is on the ground, what stops it from simply earthing into the ground?

What would make more sense to me, is if this was a two part mine. There is a trigger in the ground, but when tripped, this launches a power cell a few feet in the air. This then discharges the electricity, which would then go through any nearby people/metal vehicles etc on its way to the ground (causing any secondary effects such as arc flashes on the way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom