Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Voidwalker - Open

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Voidwalker
5092_zps47b68b4f.jpg
Kelasab 5092, Dark Space
Unclassified Hydroformed Grav-Station

__

In the black reaches of dark space there are few oasis. But everyonce in a while you find a bleak little terrestrial world that holds the faintest prospects of hope.

"Atmosphere is good. Traces of nano-sprit spikes but that's all. Bringing us in closer for a better view."

Against the blue clouds that shrouded the station, a tiny corvette was exploring the broken remains. A single bird of prey against an endless sky ocean.

"What do you think it was Wedge? I mean. Kinda strange finding a perfectly good space station all the way out here near the Crater Nebula. Especially one with an atmosphere."

"I don't know. But their core is still online and generating their gravity field. So... Something is still working down there amid all this mess."

"Yeah. Asteroid impacts all along the circumference. Strange their deflectors aren't working."

"Maybe they were. But years of impacts can drain even an SD's batteries. I think this place has been abandoned for awhile."

"Well. If their engines are still running it's worth a look."

"Ha. With you Jerry? Every space hulk is."

"Find somewhere with power. And then take us in."

"Aye aye ma'am. Corvette enroute. ...Nice and slow."

Inside the shadows of the dark cockpit a blonde woman smiled a deviant grin. She'd just found a treasure chest like non-other. A perfectly good terrestrial sphere floating abandoned on the edge of lost space. Better yet, the dark-matter grav core was still running. Which meant they were still within it's 1000 year activity cycle. They might just make a profit from this mission yet.

*****​

Natural Zone A051, Axial Corridor
Classification: Industrial Tundra Expanse

__

Jerry stepped off the ramp and onto the cold frozen snow. The ground was hard packed, frozen, but solid. There were a few hardy orange weeds that grew large and prosperous out across the expanse but nothing particularly special. She didn't register any movement, either on the ground or in the sky, and the ship wasn't showing any life-signs on the meter scopes. Just another big empty desert of sporadic mist and empty snowfall. The swirling mist seemed to keep the air circulating. The illusion of mother earth made formless. Gravity was just lighter than Earth normal.

She squinted hard at the broken and ruined landscape. Dotted with ridgelines of black metal and alien infrastructure. Who knows who built this place. But they liked their straight lines and glossy painted surfaces. Urban structures rupturing out from the natural grounds. Still. A giant empty continent. Endless.

"Yo. You can take your breath mask off. Air's clean." A male voice from behind,

Wedge Karteck. Her engineer and co-pilot. Strong bulky male human with curly brown hair and a hardline face. He looked like the Legionaries he had once been, tattoos and all. The dark circles under his eyes always gave it away.

The pondering Jerry took off her mask and breathed in the blue misty air. It was light, wispy, and starkly cold. Well. It would do,

"How far?"

"Just up that ridge over there. The greatest surface power spike I could find was coming from that spire over there."

"You mean that razored tower the size of Coruscant?"

"Bingo. Heh. Better start walking. ...I'll be with the CIC. Radios good till you get inside. Then, how knows? Good luck and safe hunting. Try and find a new refrigerator while your at it, eh."

"Cheers" She said coldly and smiled. She lived for this. The dark embrace of adventure sieging up upon the surface of an undiscovered world. It was a Valkyries heaven on earth. Death around every corner. Wealth and power only a hairs-breath away. It was perfect.

She was the barbarian Jerry Mars. Garbbed in a black powered skin-suit. The blond woman began her trudge across the expanse. A massive fur shawl covering her shoulders and falling easily over her tech-rifle and numerous hip packs. Like a Viking in the mist. Her ship grew small in the distance and the snow branched out like an endless white sheet. Intermingled with orange patches of sharp leaves and empty stripes of black dirt. Bordering all like a painting. Blue clouds, glossy black walls, and the vast emptiness of space glittering above. There was nothing more beautiful. There was nothing more deadly.

This was home, to darker spaces.

*****​
Public Thread. PvE Co-op Exploration. Dark Space Territory.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
The Dark Spire, Exterior
Classification: Unknown Alien Structure. Possible Point of Interest.

__

The Valkyrie woman stood just outside the tall structure that her companion had mentioned earlier. It's jutting form did much to dizzy the mind if one looked upward. The sheer wall was made from a glossy black material that shimmer and swirled with a closer inspection. It was hard to tell whether it was breathing through pores like skin or just chiseled with scale like microcosms. An ambiguous surface to be sure.

"No sign of a door here Wedge. Any ideas?"

Her com was silent for a moment before the voice rang through,

"Try the probe. It might find something. Keep looking. Energy signature is strong and steady. Hard to tell much from here."

She sighed and nodded. I suppose it was too early to find a door. That would make this too easy. Shrugging her defeat the blonde reached around to her pouch and retrieved a small red sphere. Not much larger than a detonator. She clicked it's white eye and threw it up into the air. It sparkled to life with a flood of white light and swooped down to float at her side.

~ Good Morning Mistress Mars. What can I do for you today. ~

"Alvor. Scan this building. Find an entrance."

~ Yes ma'am. I will scan this building in search of an entrance. One moment please. ~

Jerry nodded and watched the small sphere dance to life. It was a fast little probe but scanning structure this big could take days. She'd need to keep looking.

"Wedge. Probe is up. I'm going to search around the base and see what I can find."

"Roger. I'm just sitting here watching movies. Enjoy your walk beautiful."

She frowned at his candor. Such was the problem with male crew members. It never changed. She slung her rifle over her shoulder and began the slow trudge that would take her around the back of the tower. The snow was lighter here and the building seemed hotter than the ambient environment. Hard to tell because the ground was still just frozen black rock that hadn't seen footprints in centuries.

This might take awhile.

*****​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom