Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Vinithi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Sandrow

Writer, Character, Invasive Species
A typical Vinithi duo, both male- and female-presenting.
A typical Vinithi duo - both male- and female-presenting.

C12Jzvy.png
A notable Vinithi, Jack Sandrow

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
  • Intent: This submission is to recreate an old species created many, many years ago (which has been lost in the meantime). This submission is specifically detailing the origin & creation of a very limited artificially synthesized species; however should there be any major changes to this species in the future, a new submission will be created.
  • Image Credit: 1] Sylvari concept art from Guild Wars 2; 2] Custom art done by @/ghostxstar on X (née Twitter)
  • Canon: N/A
  • Permissions: N/A
  • Links: None
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Name: Vinithi
  • Designation: Sentient
  • Origins: Created by Circe Savan, c. 850 ABY.
  • Average Lifespan: Unknown (Estimated 500-700 years.)
  • Estimated Population: Semi-Unique (Known population: Jack Sandrow. Unknown population at large, estimated at less than 10.)
  • Description: The Vinithi are an artificially created race of plant-like beings.
PHYSICAL INFORMATION
  • Breathes: Type I and Type II atmosphere.
  • Average Height of Adults: 180-220 cm
  • Average Length of Adults: 30-45 cm shoulder width
  • Skin color: Greens, ranging from pale to dark. This may vary; see Distinctions.
  • Hair color: Any, but usually light to dark green. This may vary; see Distinctions.
  • Distinctions: Vinithi are plant-like humanoid beings. Each has a close connection with the Force, which they may choose to develop. This developing power may allow for some modifications to one's self, such as increasing or decreasing body height, shape, or mass to a degree, or changing hair or skin color.
    In addition to visual changes, with significant practice they may be able to change the material of their body in some ways, such as creating bark-like skin, or waxy leaf-like protrusions.
  • Races: N/A
  • Force Sensitivity: All. As a result of their physiology & process of creation, every member of this race is sensitive to the Force and cannot hide it.
STRENGTHS:
  • Above Human Strength
    • While not particularly superhuman, the average Vinithi's natural strength is superior to that of the average human.
  • Increased Physical Resilience
    • Rapid healing & increased Force presence allows for significant damage reduction.
  • Innate Force Connection
    • A permanent bond with the Force allows the Vinithi to feel at one with natural surroundings.
WEAKNESSES:
  • Incompatible Physiology
    • Vinithi are not able to receive standard medical assistance, nor are they able to be genetically compatible with any other species.
  • Extreme Temperatures
    • While humans and other humanoid species may adapt over time to cold or hot climates, Vinithi are simply incompatible with any extreme low temperatures. Without adequate preparation, freezing equates to rapid cascading body failure & death.
  • Constant Force Presence
    • A side effect of their connection with the Force, the Vinithi are required to sustain a constant and consistent connection with the Force. While a Force Null field may not necessarily kill them, it will severely hinder their ability to maintain consciousness.
CULTURE
  • Diet: Requires regular exposure to sunlight or similar energy radiation. Can adapt to an omnivorous lifestyle, but a carnivorous diet is preferred.
  • Communication: Any learned. Galactic Basic is the most likely, but they are not prevented from other communication. Innately, they may communicate simple ideas or emotions with plant life in the close vicinity.
  • Technology level: N/A
  • Religion/Beliefs: N/A
  • General behavior: N/A
HISTORICAL INFORMATION
The Vinithi are a genetically engineered species, created by the Sith Circe Savan c. 850 ABY in her pursuit of immortality. The first member to be transformed into a Vinithi was a Human, Jak Sandrow. Over the years, other Vinithi were created as Savan attempted to refine the process. Some time later, the Vinithi were hunted down, almost to a member, in an effort to 'clean up' after Savan. The only known survivor, to this day, is Jack Sandrow, who escaped simply by virtue of luck, having retreated into a prolonged hermitage. As of 900 ABY, the Vinithi are considered both 'Extinct' and impossible to replicate.

Last edited:
Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Jack Sandrow Jack Sandrow

This is a pretty interesting submission! Always love me some plant people, very good aesthetic in my opinion. However there are some links and some clarification that I need to see before I can approve this for you.

First of all I will need links to where you found the images in Image Credit. Secondly links for both Circe Savan, if applicable, and for Jack Sandrow, given that he is mentioned several times in the submission will be needed. The main issue I see aside from the missing links is in regards to the Average Lifespan. While plants and artificial beings may have long lifespans under the right conditions, a proper age range in numbers is still required. Given that it is just the average lifespan you could still have a member of the species live a fair bit longer than the listed year range but a number is needed regardless.

Just do those few quick fixes and you're good to go!

Jack Sandrow

Writer, Character, Invasive Species
Ah yes, giving actual links in the Image Credit would be a good idea.

Links added: Guild Wars 2 theme, for the background, and this was commissioned art directly from the artist, directly for my character.

Average Lifespan added: 500-700 years.

I cannot find Circe Savan's bio, as the writer created the character over 10 years ago, but I can give you Jack Sandrow's current bio.

Hope this is sufficient!

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom