Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship "Vindicator" Boarding Craft ("Ugly"-class Starship)

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ IMAGE ]​

Image Source: http://vaessili.deviantart.com/art/Corellian-s-smuggler-ship-306661044
Affiliation: Golan Arms / Golan Arms Mercenaries / Golan Commandos
Manufacturer: Justice Yards
Model: Ugly-class (YT-2000/TIE Interceptor)
Modularity: No
Production: Unique
Material: Quadanium Steel (Solar Panels), Titanium, TIE Interceptor Components, Duralloy, YT-2000 Light Freighter Components
Classification: Boarding Craft

Length: 31.1m
Height: 10m
Width: 28.8m

Armament: 6
2x L-s9.3 Laser Cannons
1x IFWNK-4 Light Ion Cannon Turret

Defenses: 15
Stasis-type Shield Generator
Reinforced Hull
Chaff Countermeasures

Special Features:
I-s3a Solar Ionization Reactor
P-s5.6 Twin Ion Engine
T-s9a Targeting Computer
N-s6 Navcon
F-s4 Flight Avionics System
Heavy Shielding
Cryogenic Reserve Power Cell
Quadex Power Core
N2I-4 Power Converter
Series 401 Hyperdrive Motivator
Electromagnetic Discharge Filter
ANy-20 Active Sensor Transceiver
Stellar Navigation Sensor
ANq-51 Sensor Array Computer
Extending Tunnel Tube (Functions similar to a Turbolift in the center of the ship to extend and dock when and where necessary. It is the top hatch, and primarily the only way to enter the ship)
Chofferdam (Bottom Hatch, used for boarding)
HyD Modular Navicomputer
Hardware/System Links (To make sure TIE and YT-2000 Hardware operate at the same or similar statistics)
Tandem Flight Computer
1x Squad Pod
TS-Titan Beamdrill and Mining Lasers (Can extend from their protected bay on the bottom of the ship)
Armory (Weapon/Armor Storage)
Frequency Agile Subspace Transceiver
Jeron Fusion Cutter (In Cargo)
Boarding Harpoons

Maneuverability Rating: 4
Speed Rating: 3
Hyperdrive Class: 1.5

Strengths:
Increased Speed - With the added TIE Interceptor Engine and extra power generation from the solar panels, the ships speed is increased
Increased Defenses - Layered armor, increased power generation and better shielding, and countermeasures

Weaknesses:
Small Loadout - The ship is designed for jumping in and boarding a downed ship, being given the order from an accompanying ship

Description: The Vindicator was specially designed for the Golan Commandos as their personal ship. While they didn't live on it, they did their business most of the time with it. The primary purpose for the Vindicator is boarding actions; The main ship that is disabling enemy ships calls the Vindicator to give them the go-ahead when a ship is disabled, and they jump into the nearby space and begin boarding procedures. Using their harpoons, they grapple the enemy ship, and touchdown on it in an appropriate place. They use the Chofferdam to extend a docking tunnel to the ship, and mine the hull open. Although, if the ship is large enough, they may use the enemy ships docking hatch or even a hangar... those are unlikely options, though. Its second purpose is to take the Golan Commandos to their mission objective, or as close as possible. Landing or docking, etc., it takes them to and from their destinations.

The ship can hold up to 11 personnel, although it is strictly used only by the Golan Commandos. It also holds one PX-10

Development Thread: N/A
Intent: Create the personal ship of the Golan Commandos
Who Can Use This: Golan Commandos
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Neldar Poska said:
Ranger Transceiver
This is a pretty massive communication's unit for a ship this size. I'd recommend a Frequency Agile subspace transceiver as an alternative.

Neldar Poska said:
Maneuverability Rating: 4 Speed Rating: 2

This is pretty lightly armed, so I can see this generally being faster than normal, but I don't think it would be this fast. I'd recommend a speed rating of 3 or 4. For a reference point, our gunship example, which is the roughly the same size as this, moves at a speed of 5.

Since this is a boarding craft, how many soldiers/commandos does this roughly carry?

[member="Gir Quee"]

This is less a freighter now, more akin to a shuttle i.e. It's no longer a residence anymore (short missions)

Golan Commandos (11)

It's not considered to hold more, but I suppose the cargo could hold a speeder bike? Maybe? I was thinking about a vehicle, was unsure

[member="Neldar Poska"], that sounds good to me. Please write in the description how many commandos carries, or add it somewhere in the special features section.

I wouldn't object to this holding a couple speeders or a small CAV like a PX-10.

[member="Neldar Poska"], just went over it one more time and noticed that it's missing the "Squadron Count" field from the template. Put that in, along with a squadron count number between 3 to 6, and you'll be golden.

[member="Gir Quee"]

Heyo! So, as per the template
Squadron Count: (Optional. Please provide the amount of fighters this submission would have in a squadron. If it is unique, remove this portion from the template. The average squadron for any starfighter is 12, at lengths averaging 12.5 meters. The bigger the fighter, the smaller your Squadron Count should be. The smaller the fighter, the bigger your Squadron count can be.)

Howeveeeer, somehow the Production spot poofed, weird... I put Production back in. That might have made the confusion.

I can still put squadron back in for you, if you want, I don't mind. Let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom