Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Velocitrecka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matreya

Name: Velocitrecka

Designation: Sentient
Homeworld: Karsbarak (Destroyed)
Current Homeworld: Kato'hala
Language: Galactic Standard
Average Lifespan: 70 Standard Years
Estimated Population: 30,000,000

Average height of adults without Gearon: 2.7 m
Average length of adults: 3 m
Skin color: Blue, White, Purple
Hair color: n/a
Distinctions: Talon like digits, long prehensile tail, lithe bodies
Breathes: Equally heavy parts Oxygen and Methane

Strengths:
  • [ Swish and flick ] ~ These guys bear a tail that is adequately strong, entirely prehensile and is partially responsible for their balance on upright positions
Weaknesses:
  • [ Nitrogen is a no-no ] ~ First and foremost, more than the nearest hint of nitrogen, like those found in minor quantity of air, is fatal. If not immediately put to healing, this chemical will cause airways to shallow, and the heart to beat slower until death
  • [ God, he's a Nerd ] ~ The species leans toward weakened arms. Without the main asset used in battle, you can see why they are very rarely seen in battle. The average teenage human already dwarfs their arm strength
  • [ TO BRIGHT!! ] ~ Pulsating, or alternating bright lights can incapacitate the beings, even when utilizing eye coverage
  • [ Holy poodoo, he is ugly ] ~ Straight out of some peoples nightmares, these devilish appearing creatures can bring nightmares, even when they were their face plates and armor. Most won't cooperate with, or even attempt to be close to one of them
  • [ Smarter than thou ] ~ Were there to be those that are willing to deal, most Velocitrecka would rather not deal with other species unless they prove intelligent, which even then needs to be a certain degree
  • [ Well, the steering is out ] ~ If damage comes to their tails, they cannot run, stand propwely or even jump, as these appendages amount to the main means that they maintain balance. If their tail is removed, most wind up shunned, hated by all they love. It is cruel, but a fact of life
Races: n/a
Diet: Carnivorous, Thus far no known allergies to ingested food stuffs
Communication: Vocal speech

Culture: Culturally speaking, much balances for the Velocity as while they live their day to day like anyone else, religious allowances, choice of work, familial bonds depending, they also must bear certain intricacies toward their own species. On the front they seem like any race, in spite of being rather fast, but on the matter of lesser known knowledge they are a highly developed people that force their own to spend a deemed amount of time toward manufacturing their Bio-Technologies. As well, there are Gearon Sherri groups, which translates to Gearon love, where in they respect and honor their Gearon by racing, polishing the surface, letting others examine, and general boasting - these groups happen surprisingly regularly

General behavior: The Velocitrecka are a very proud people, among themselves they are mostly accepting but tend toward snarky behavior. To the outside populace, the species is "cruel". Though this is simply a chosen descriptive, in reality they are as a whole simply arrogant self righteous people very likely to insult a being just as much as speak to one.

Technology: Gearon

History: How these intelligent predatory people came to be is an odd story, one involving a complete revolving of the known. The Velocitrecka once were known by a separate name lost long ago, and were herbivorous. Their bodies at the time had been slow, lethargic even. Like the animals of Earth, Sloths, they hung from trees, and lived there as well. A difference being their reptilian flesh and appearance, their claws were hooked sharply so as to cling to limbs much easier.

During this time they lived generally in small shacks built from random resources they could find where they chose to set up shop. It didn't take much, as they made their beds from leaves and feathers of birds that lived there. Much of their time was spent lounging silently, or speaking with their young. At the time their leader was a being known as Drai'bello. He, with his young and wife, managed to live and learn beyond the extent of most during that age. Though soon enough, the danger the species faced would call for a change.

A ship carrying dangerous breeds of a large number of predators was flying nearby, when a freak of spacial nature occurred - a storm in space. It raged seemingly from nowhere, full power it bashed against the shields and hull of this ship. Before long the only thing that could be done was to attempt to drop the ship planet side in one piece - which they miraculously managed. But, the ships power went down, letting every one of the predators cages was opened and they were released. This led to the proverbial Noah's ark copulating upon a new land.

Many of the species did not survive. However, some did, and these of course would be the most dangerous of the dangerous, yet at its peak was the Apex, the Altagak. This beast, the peak of the food chain on its own home world, now had more, had ease to feed. There were the low animals, the smaller predators, even the ancestors to the Velocitrecka.

Adding into the picture the pairs of each predator brought here, the species that were native began to die out quickly. While hunters chased hunted, not many went after each other, leading to the Lessers dying at an impeccable rate. After just a couple years only a few survived, at the head being the Velocitrecka, whom did so mostly thanks to their birth rate. This led to the changes mentioned before - forced evolution. At the head of the changes began increased speeds, straightening of hooked claws which also tapered to razor points, then also the eggs they were born in began to be used for tools.

Some used them for sports purposes, others for literal tools such as hammers, but a rare few began to see the uses of those eggs - the Gearon. These they saw were smooth, rounded on all edges to form nearly a perfect ball. When thrown they bent ever so slightly, as if elastic despite the durability shown. Like they were wheels moving at incredible speeds. So they began to be used as such, gripped in the feet of the beimgs. This led to Drai'bello's family heritage being overtaken by the first of the true Velocitrecka, Xero'tilla.

Xero'tilla's regime also began to study the ship's intricate network of technologies. This inherently led to the allocation of several Force artifacts, no one could ascertain who actually possessed these prior, why they were on the proverbial ark, or what their usages were. However, just as the passing decades led to the changes in physiology, further more around the Force artifacts began to accelerate the changes brought by being around items imbued with the Force. This did not produce any added effects, simply pushed those evident even further. The Gearon became a perfect tool for what the Velocitrecka would use them as, the claws of the now carniverous people were sharp enough to be useful for killing and survival. This also led, miraculously, to understandings of the technology they played with, and somehow to how this could incorporate with their own bodies.

After becoming the apex to their planet, the Velocitrecka soon noted the signs of planetary destruction. Solar flares were showing signs of their planets destruction, and so with haste they fixed the ship and fled the system. It did not get them far, before they landed on the now being populated Kato'hala, where they have since managed to incorporate themselves into the populace as whichever people they wished.

During their lives, they have been beaten and broken by Hordes of Undead, had their people vanish to the Netherworld, faced insurmountable odds of all kinds, but they have managed to strive through and through. They are a people worthy of life.

Notable Player-Characters:
Intent: To create a useful species for interesting rp

Good day, Let’s see what hotness you got for us .

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Initial review

[member="Damien Daemon"] , Ok let get this started

Damien Daemon said:
[ Well, the steering is out ] ~ If damage comes to their tails, they cannot run, as these appendages amount to the main means that they can steer during high velocity. If their tail is removed, most commit suicide before given the chance for a prosthetic

Damien Daemon said:
[ Gearon, go bye bye ] ~ The people will fight for a time to retrieve their Gearon if stolen, but inevitably if they cannot get them back, they will commit suicide. This is custom, as not bearing that which brought you to the world is the worst of sins. If one does not commit the act, they would likely be tortured to death by their own people
So as you know Chaos is a PG 13 board, as such ritual death and homicide should not be a racial trait. Please remove or tone down these to reflect the board's rating.

Damien Daemon said:
Writers Note: These are not made to be used for real combat. PvE I have no qualms with, as it is acceptable. If handled properly I do not necessarily mind 1v1 PvP. Larger numbers, or NPC militias brought into battle, is not acceptable. I will report such myself. These are PvE creatures by design, at base creation
This idea goes against the spirit of the codex, while I understand the want to control your creation, but entering it here means you are not only creating a new form of hotness but you agree to let people play with it. (within the rules of the board of course) If you are not comfortable with that I understand but that is how it is. As such this part needs to be removed if we are to go forward.

Damien Daemon said:
[ Gearon ] ~ The means by which they are born, their Gearon, when left to age alongside them, becomes the wheels if you will, that they clutch in their feet, which are severely smooth, to the extent of letting them slide across most surfaces at high speeds, whole retaining a heavy durability (on par with thick sheets of durasteel)

Damien Daemon said:
then also the eggs they were born in began to be used for tools. Some used them for sports purposes, others for literal tools such as hammers, but a rare few began to see the uses of those eggs - the Gearon. These they saw were smooth, rounded on all edges to form nearly a perfect ball. When thrown they bent ever so slightly, as if elastic despite the durability shown. Like they were wheels moving at incredible speeds. So they began to be used as such, gripped in the feet of the beimgs.
This is a very critical part of this race it seems, I will not deny this race based on this but I would like to see you put in a factory sub for the Gearon. They seem like a do all and for others to understand how to RP with them I think they should be better defined as tech.

Matreya

Added the link to my pending approval Gaeron, removed one of the weaknesses (the stolen Gaeron one) and lessened the other to shunning, and removed the writers op at bottom.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Matreya

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Actually, I wonder should I remove the strengths in question, would I need dev? At that point it is strictly a weak species with a strong tail and a decent list of weaknesses. Because I dont really see the speed as directly correlating with the species any longer. Now its a tech they use, like Jedi and lightsabers, Wookiees and bow casters. I'm not a judge, but I don't see that as needing to be dev'ed any more. Or else all other species that use tech would need dev to use them as well, no?

Edit:
Either way, should this not still be ideal, I did a bit of rearranging, being that the Gearon is tech, I made it a note in there, as well as removed it from strength then got rid of their natural speeds. Now they are only as fast as the average lithe creature when not using Gearon.

You may have removed the speed from the strengths section but you did not remove the related weaknesses.

• [ Nitrogen is a no-no ] ~ First and foremost, more than the nearest hint of nitrogen, like those found in minor quantity of air, is fatal. If not immediately put to healing, this chemical will cause airways to shallow, and the heart to beat slower until death
  • [ God, he's a Nerd ] ~ The species leans toward weakened arms. Without the main asset used in battle, you can see why they are very rarely seen in battle. The average teenage human already dwarfs their arm strength
  • [ TO BRIGHT!! ] ~ Pulsating, or alternating bright lights can incapacitate the beings, even when utilizing eye coverage
  • [ Holy poodoo, he is ugly ] ~ Straight out of some peoples nightmares, these devilish appearing creatures can bring nightmares, even when they were their face plates and armor. Most won't cooperate with, or even attempt to be close to one of them
  • [ Smarter than thou ] ~ Were there to be those that are willing to deal, most Velocitrecka would rather not deal with other species unless they prove intelligent, which even then needs to be a certain degree
  • [ Well, the steering is out ] ~ If damage comes to their tails, they cannot run, as these appendages amount to the main means that they can steer during high velocity. If their tail is removed, most wind up shunned, hated by all they love. It is cruel, but a fact of life
  • [ Error, Shutting Down ] ~ Velocitrecka cannot move at high speeds without Gearon, this is known, but even with them, one cannot accelerate inside of a Ysalamir field - why is unknown. Their speed isn't instantly decelerated though
  • [ Well that took forever ] ~ To reach their maximum known speeds, takes distance, it is not an immediate zero to top. Simply moving, most are able to jump to about 30-40 kmh with relative ease, but above needs build up (Their speed is not applicable in most true combat)

You have also left the intent as being directly correlated to their supposed speed.

Intent: To create a species built for speed
And distinctions...

Distinctions: Talon like digits, long prehensile tail, incredibly fast

While I have no issue with describing this race as agile and swift, the terms used in the quotes go beyond generic passable content. I do not think you are meaning to purposefully leave them in there so as to circumvent doing dev in order to balance it out as a strength ... but I would like to see these areas edited to reflect your new intent if hyper-speed is no longer it.

[member="Damien Daemon"] [member="Judah Dashiell"] [member="Bryce Bantam"]

Matreya

crap. No, you're right. I forgot to edit those all. When I did the original edit I thought for some reason that was the one mention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom