Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Veildancer-class Starfighter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
nexus_5_by_auspiciouspanda-d30imhv.jpg
Image Source: Here
Affiliation: Clan Rekali, select customers
Manufacturer: Clan Rekali
Model: Veildancer-class
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Havod, glasteel
Classification: Starfighter/missile platform
Length: 12.5m
Height: 2.2m
Width: 11.5m

Armament:

Squadron Count: 12

Special Features:
  • Military-grade encrypted comm suite
  • Life support (14 days)
  • Military-grade deflector shields
  • Data protection measures
  • Armored astromech port
  • Brilliant missile launchers
  • Advanced targeting sensors

Maneuverability Rating: 2
Speed Rating: 2
Hyperdrive Class: 2, range 1,000 light-years (no navicomputer; astromech/transmitted coordinates required)

Strengths:
  • Armed with Brilliant missiles, which have superb tracking and acquisition capability; often deployed in dense nebular environments, where Brilliant missiles have an advantage.
  • Very good targeting sensors.
Weaknesses:
  • Low gun count. Once the missiles are gone, the Veildancer isn't much use.
  • Due to a substantial missile load, sympathetic detonation can easily take half your ship.
  • No navicomputer, coupled with very-short-range hyperdrive.

Description: The Veildancer is one answer to the problem of high-density nebular warfare, a critical issue for Clan Rekali. Normal cannon fire will give away one's position reliably, and mass drivers will send things flying out through infinity -- an infinity full of Clan colonies and stations. Long-but-finite range weapons like energy torpedoes are of limited utility in sensor-obscured regions with low visibility. Clan Rekali's conclusion was to base entire classes of ship on delivery of high-maneuverability warheads with extremely capable targeting and acquisition systems. The Veildancer is the first of this line. It is designed to use its superior sensors to gain and keep the advantage in low-visibility areas, especially the Hard Roil, then engage at any range with brilliant missiles, which can adjust course no matter what gets in the way or how visibility fluctuates. By the time the missile is detected, the Veildancer is no longer in the same position. Wash, rinse, repeat.

As a side benefit, the Veildancer can often fill this missile-delivery superiority role in obscuring atmosphere, such as the clouds of a gas giant.

Development Thread: None
Intent: A starfighter for gas giant/dense nebular warfare.
Who Can Use This: Clan Rekali and select customers.
Primary Source: Not influenced by any Chaos submissions.

RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

That's a sexy picture and an well-thought conceptual role to fill.

Ember Rekali said:

I really like how the Havod fits the image of the ship. As I understand it, havod is a material that is difficult to mass-produce. While I don't see this affecting approval of this submission, it's something to maybe consider logistically IC.

Ember Rekali said:
Data protection measures
Can you elaborate on this a bit? It this some sort of security software to prevent hacking, a self-destruct mechanism to prevent capture of the ship to prevent copying, etc?

Ember Rekali said:
. Clan Rekali's conclusion was to base entire classes of ship on delivery of high-maneuverability warheads with extremely capable targeting and acquisition systems.

As a heads up, I'm a bit hesitant with how the brilliant missile's capabilities are being described here, but I will get back to you on that after I view the source material on them tomorrow.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Gir Quee"]

Clan Rekali makes nearly all of its stuff out of havod due to local comparative advantage. Data protection measures do refer to anti-hacking, yes; if it was a self-destruct, I'd have listed that. As for the brilliant missiles, as far as I'm concerned the largest benefits of having a ridiculously intelligent missile are its ability to reestablish lost contact, select new targets on its own initiative, plot probable courses and take new courses of its own to match, etc. Let me know what you find in the source material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom