Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Valkyrium™

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Wars come and go, but my soldiers stay eternal." -Tupac

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To give soldiers in the field an edge
  • Image Source: N/A
  • Restricted Missions: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Valkyrium
  • Manufacturer: Csillian Laboratories
  • Homeworld (optional): N/A
  • Production: Limited (10 max per PC)
  • Affiliation: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: No
  • Legal Status: Legal
  • Ingredients:
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Stimulant
  • Method of Consumption: Injection
  • Average Life: 20 minutes
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/ Purpose: Side effects include nausea, mood swings, hallucinations and, in extreme cases, suicidal thoughts.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Adrenaline booster
  • Clears the mind
Strengths:
  • Makes the consumer twice as physically strong, agile, and durable
  • Clears the consumers mind of doubts and helps them focus
Weaknesses:
  • Addictive
  • Causes vivid hallucinations
  • After stim wears off, the user becomes exhausted for several hours.
DESCRIPTION
As it is so blatantly obvious that war is forever inevitable in the galaxy, the need for soldiers to fight that war is always paramount. Empires, Republics, Coalitions, Alliances all require those hardened grunts in the field of battle dying for those who are too intimidated to pull the trigger but are willing to give the orders to do so. There's thousands of warriors out there pushing themselves to their limits for their respective leaders. But there is always room for improvement.

Valkyrium aims to make that improvement.

Valkyrium is a battlestim made with state of the art technology that gives your soldiers the edge they need in combat. The stim is injected directly into the bloodstream of the consumer and, after a few minutes of the serum flowing through your body, the effects shall appear. The consumer will immediately feel refreshed and stronger than ever before. They will fight like none other. Their constitution will be as strong as durasteel. Each soldier enhanced by Valkyrium is worth 10 times as much as one without.

But, there is a cost. Preliminary tests have shown that soldiers have experienced horrendously vivid hallucinations of demons. Some test subjects have committed suicide and just before taking their own life they would claim they were "making them go away".

Disclaimer: Being heavily resistant to feeling pain does not equal not taking damage.

Netherworld

Hello, I'll be the factory judge reviewing your submission. If you have questions, please feel free to respond to this thread once we are underway.

Netherworld

[member="Sila"]

Sila said:
Increased strength Increased agility Increased endurance
  • Give me a ballpark approximation of this increase. "Twice as strong as a normal human" is a common way to phrase it, but so long as there is a clear frame of reference, anything works.

Sila said:
should they be affected by them, they are near immortal. Disclaimer: Being immune to feeling pain does not equal immune to taking damage.
  • Fancy wording is all fine and well, but in this case I'd like to know what's the cause of this 'near immortality' – how does 'increased endurance' work? How does it manifest in practice?
  • You also mention nowhere in the submission itself (aside from the disclaimer) that the drug makes the user immune to pain. Please clarify these two points.
Finally, I'd like you to add a solid Weakness to this. The two you have now are dependent on the user themselves, and if anyone decides to use this drug, it's extremely likely they will write themselves as "the fortunate few" who don't experience the hallucinations. Hence, please add something that will balance this submission for PvP.

[member="Netherworld"] Hey buddy!

Well first off, I'd say the increases would be about 1.5-1.7 times the strength of your average healthy soldier.

Secondly, 'near immortality' is just a figure of speech. To get people to buy this product. By increased endurance I mean the user could take more damage than they're used to while the stim is active. The user feels less pain than normal for them, basically.

Thirdly, what the disclaimer meant was that, like i said in my second point, the user feels less pain than normal. I'll change the description to better reflect that.

Lastly, I thought about that as I was writing it because I've seen it happen time and time again but, at the time, could not think of something extra that would be a weakness but I think I have something that could work.

I'll tag you when the edits have been made!

Netherworld

[member="Sila"]

Sila said:
Well first off, I'd say the increases would be about 1.5-1.7 times the strength of your average healthy soldier.
  • We don't do stats in the Factory – that's why I asked you for a more 'reference-based' description of this increase.
  • Please edit the Strengths to reflect something to the effect of 'half again as strong / fast / endurant as a normal human'.

Sila said:
I'll change the description to better reflect that.
  • Might be that I'm just tired but I don't really see a difference?
The new weakness is fine. :)

[member="Netherworld"]

Edited the strengths to better reflect what the stim does.

Also, the difference being:

Netherworld said:
Disclaimer: Being immune to feeling pain does not equal immune to taking damage.

to

Disclaimer: Being heavily resistant to feeling pain does not equal not taking damage.

So that consumers know that it's not that you don't feel pain and that i's just that you're heavily resistant to feeling pain. You can still be hurt by things such as bullets or lasers or the like, but, since the stim increases your durability, you can take alot more damage from like let's say blunt objects or someone's fists. If that makes sense.

[member="Netherworld"]

Sila said:
But, if a soldier's conviction is strong enough to withstand the hallucinations, should they be affected by them, they are near immortal.
Please remove references of being near immortal.

Sila said:
Average Life: 5-6 hours

Are you suggesting each stim lasts in the body for 5 to 6 hours?

If so, I want this dropped down to minutes.

Sila said:
Preliminary tests have shown that some soldiers have experienced horrendously vivid hallucinations of demons attacking them.

You have the ability to feel refreshed in the battle, be able to be twice as strong, agile and durable... but weaknesses is that is is addictive and maybe you'll get hallucinations?

That isn't balanced.

Change this that the person does get hallucinations. Drop this down to limited production as well for PC's and only a select amount of NPC's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom