Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Vahl's Blessing

Status
Not open for further replies.
393687-bigthumbnail.jpg

Image Source: Google (Black and Purple Crystals)
Intent: Create a Lightsaber Crystal
Development Thread: Secret of Eclipse
Manufacturer: Crystal Cave (Located on Eclipse)**
Model: Vahl's Blessing
Affiliation: Vahla (Darkside) ---->Permission Needed By Darth Venefica<----
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Description:
+ Vahla Species: The rare crystal can only be used by this specific species only
+ Darkside Enhancement: When the crystal is added to a lightsaber, the wielder of the weapon will grant them a slight advantage to Darkside abilities only. (This crystal compared to the Qixoni Crystal shows the drastic change between the powers of the crystals; the latter accepted on Chaos)
- Fragile: The rare crystal is extremely fragile to handle
- Heightens Force Signature: The crystal causes the user's Force signature to increase substantially; making it almost nearly impossible for one to mask it from others. (Effects this ability: Force Stealth)
The crystal was discovered in a cave on the planet Eclipse, deep inside a mountain cluster only accessible by foot. The cave, at the time of it's discovery, housed thousands of crystal untouched by the hands of the galaxy. The crystal radiated a black and purple glow, that turned a lightsaber blade of the same colour.
Darth Venefica collected twenty (20) crystals for herself and then by her orders, the cave and all the crystals were blown up. She is the sole possessor of the Vahl's Blessing.
Primary Source: N/A
**Footnote: I elected not to make a Location Submission for the crystal cave on the basis it was going to be destroyed, and didn't want to waste a Codex Judge's time approving a submission that wouldn't ever be used**

[member="Darth Venefica"] - Hello and good evening :)

Darth Venefica said:
Production: Limited
Mandatory that you change this to semi unique or unique following the guidelines pertaining to this: (The scale is Unique (Only One Character), Semi-Unique (Only A Handful of Characters), Limited (Only A Select Group Of NPCs/PCs), Minor (Any Character, Only Select Groups Of NPCs), Mass-Produced. (Anyone.)) No amount of Dev or anything will I allow something that enhances the already strong Vahl.

Darth Venefica said:
+ Vahla Species: The rare crystal can only be used by this specific species only (or those of half-blood)
I would just keep it to just Vahla in general because honestly anyone can claim "I'm half"

Darth Venefica said:
+ Darkside Enhancement: When the crystal is added to a lightsaber, the wielder of the weapon will have enhanced strength to Darkside abilities only. (This crystal compared to the Qixoni Crystal shows the drastic change between the powers of the crystals; the latter accepted on Chaos)
Adding more affinity to the darkside to the Vahl just makes them over powered in a pvp scenario, please edit this to either just give them a slight advantage with the darkside or remove the fact that only Vahl can use it and anyone as the ability to use it but must be part of the darkside.

Darth Venefica said:
+ Protective Mind: When installed into a lightsaber, the wielder of the weapon is more resistant to all mental attacks (Reference: Adegan Crystal, Focus Crystals, and Kasha Crystal)
The canon crystals that you mentioned are all used by lightsiders because of the calming effect they brought the user. No where does it state that there is an immunity to Mental Force Powers. Please edit accordingly or find a canon item that reflects the potential to this ability. If no canon item reflects this please provide a dev thread.

Darth Venefica said:
- Tuning the Crystal: Even for a Vahla, the crystal is hard to focus to one's signature/life force. The crystal, at times, can refuse to be aligned; and when it does it dies
I suggest another negative because can you honestly tell me that someone is going to play out that the crystal is rejecting them? I think it would add more weight to the submission if you gave it a different weakness.

Darth Venefica said:
Darth Venefica amassed an undisclosed number of crystals for herself, and by her orders, the cave and all the crystals were blown up. She is the sole possessor of the Vahl's Blessing.
Please provide an amount - with something like this hand waving the amount, yet calling it rare doesn't go hand in hand.

After reading the submission and even with the changes I'm requesting/suggesting I can't comfortably allow this to pass through with only 10 posts as a dev thread. Something similar to Chaos canon had a 200 post count for their development thread. That said, I'm requesting a 50-70 post development thread for this submission.

[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

Thank you for the review.

I made the changes that you suggested. I removed the Protective Mind aspect of the crystal and swapped it out for something completely different. I'll be working on the post counts now.

[member="Darth Venefica"] the meditation state is redundant with the connection of the force. Choose either the slight enhance to dark side or the overall connection with the meditation state. Having both is just a loophole to what I asked you to change originally.

[member="Darth Venefica"]

A lightsaber can cut through virtually anything your third strength is redundant. As well as your first and your third weaknesses, they repeat the concept that the crystal is fragile honestly you could combine them into one weakness.

Suggestion: drop a weakness and a strength if you can't think of something that isn't repetitive.

35? Its semi-unique. I'm giving you the freedom with this, but I will put a range for you if you can't come up with a reasonable amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom