Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Vader Class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
REPOST OF ORIGINAL BY DARTH VULCANUS. POSTING ON BEHALF OF DARTH AYRA.

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:07 AM

ships_in_the_night_2_by_hayter-d5ez4dx.png
Vader-Class Star Destroyer

mass_effect_3__alliance_dreadnought_reference__by_troodon80-d524euo.jpg

Out of Character Information
Production Information
  • Manufacturer: Sienar fleet systems
  • Model: Vader-Class Star Destroyer
  • Affiliation: The New Order
  • Modularity: No
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Materials: Qundranium, Titanium, Transparisteel, Durasteel
Technical Specifications
  • Classification: Balanced
  • Role: Destroyer
  • Height: 225 meters
  • Width: 550 meters
  • Length: 1,650 meters
  • Power Core: Ionization Reactor
  • Primary Hyperdrive: Class 1
  • Backup Hyperdrive: Class 10
  • Minimum Crew: 7,500
  • Optimal Crew: 28,000
  • Passenger Capacity: 10,000
  • Cargo Capacity: 35,000 metric tons
  • Consumables: 7 years
  • Sublight speed: 8
Armaments
  • Hypervelocity guns (10) [100 capital guns]
  • Long Range Turbo battery (10) [200 capital guns]
  • Long Range Ion battery (5) [100 capital guns]
  • Deck Gun Batteries (10) [80 capital guns]
  • Heavy turbolaser batteries (10) [80 capital guns]
  • Heavy Ion cannon batteries (5) [40 capital guns]
  • Heavy plasma torpedo launchers (4) [16 warhead launchers]
  • Intruder missile launchers (5) [20 warhead launchers]
  • Assault Concussion missile launchers (4) [16 warhead launchers]
  • Cluster missile launchers (4) [16 warhead launchers]
  • Proton Torpedo launchers (12) [12 warheads]
  • Heavy Laser Flak Batteries (10) [80 defensive guns]
  • Heavy Quad Laser guns (10) [20 defensive guns]
Hangar
  • 36 TIE series starfighters or equivalent
  • 36 Galaxy-bombers or equivalent
  • 36 S-90 MAAT Gunships or equivalent
Non-Combative Attachments
  • Advanced Shield Generator Systems
  • Advanced Targeting Systems
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Communications Array
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Detention Cells
  • HoloNet Transceiver
  • Encryption Network
  • Escape Pods
Description

The Vader-Class Star Destroyer is the first Star Destroyer to be created from a fresh design of the New Order's own creation. The name pays homage to the Dark Lord who brought about the destruction of the Jedi Order during the time of the Galactic Empire, the only successful Sith Empire in Vulcanus's mind. The Vader-Class was designed under oversight of ex-Sith Empire scientists and ship builders who moved the project to the Bosph factories. A crude prototype was built and shown to a Sienar Fleet systems representative who agreed to build the ship for the New Order, using Bosph factories for secrecy.

The outcome of the production was a star destroyer that is capable of competing with the newest technologies of rest of the galaxy while not suffering the limitations of production that a command ship would cost. Meant to be perfect for total war situations, the Vader-Class will be one of the main ships used in the New Order fleet. The ship was made to face off against many types of vessels and be a proficient combatant for all situations.

Change log:

• Removed 10 Heavy Traditional Flak cannons and 10 Point Defense laser systems to get rid of the required 40 defense guns.
  • Reduced Passenger Capacity from 26,000 to 10,000.
  • Replaced the 36 Hades Gunships with 36 36 S-90 MAAT Gunships.
Apologize for the re-post, but since [member=Darth Vulcanus] is no longer active there was no other way to modify the submission to fit with the factory requirements.

@Melakoth Tyrin

No worries. We'll get right to it.

• "Laser Flak" guns are not any sort of gun I'm familiar with. Without a factory submission, these will need to be changed to normal quad laser cannons or flak guns.
  • And in that same vein, that particular grouping of guns isn't mathed out right. It would be 80 defense guns, not 40, due to the 'Heavy' modifier.
  • As well, I do not know if the question regarding the New Order shipyard development thread was answered. RPJs had held that a number of posts were not sufficient to count towards the goal of 60 posts. I believe when those were taken out, the thread was left with only 52 posts.

[member="Ayden Cater"]

Thanks for responding mate. I submitted the laser flak cannon a while ago and modified it to fit the requirements provided, however, I forgot to re-post confirming that I had done this and the thread got archived. I've re-posted it now, and you can find it here: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/31595-laser-flak-cannon-re-sub/

It hasn't yet been officially approved but as I said all the requirements have been met.

As for the counting of the laser flak guns, I agree that it's incorrect, but wouldn't it be 20 rather than 40? (I assumed that all other previous calculations had been done correctly, so I didn't check things that I didn't change :D) 10 flak cannons (they're still flak cannons despite the different design) would count as 10, and the heavy modified makes that 20. That is, unless the factory were to rule that the laser flak cannons count for twice as much, in which case it would still be 40. But how does it come to 80?

As for the dev thread, I'll see what I can do about a new one.

EDIT: Here's the archived thread, if you need proof that it was previously: "semi-accepted" http://starwarsrp.net/topic/29858-laser-flak-cannon/#entry444542

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Melakoth Tyrin"]
Sorry about the delay.
It was 80 because you put 'batteries' (which mean x4). I've changed that detail for you, putting you at your full count of allowable guns. The shipyard development thread is satisfactory, if marginally. The flak cannon submission was approved, so that's settled. In short, approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom