Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech V-44 Marbhadh

Status
Not open for further replies.
dreadnaught-missile.gif
Intent: To create a missile for TDI
Development Thread: If Necessary
Manufacturer: Taobh Dorcha Industries
Model: V-44 Marbhadh
Affiliation: TDI / Open Market
Modularity: No
Production: Mass-Produced
Material:
A. Durasteel
Classification: Guidance Missile (Air-to-Surface *Atmosphere only*)
Size: Ship-Mounted (Starfighters ONLY)
Length: 2 meters
Weight: 500 kg.
Ammunition Type: Plasma
Ammunition Capacity: 1
Effective Range: 1,600 km. / 483 kph.
Rate of Fire: Single action
Special Features:
Description:
TDI decided to expand on their knowledge of weapon productions, moving from simple blasters and hand-held weapons to ship-mounted missiles. The first missile prototype was the V-44 Marbhadh, that came with both an infrared homing guidance system and a passive radar system; and had a plasma warhead. A pilot had the option of switching to any of the systems before firing. Before mass production could be approved, the weapon was put through a series of tests.
From the conclusion of the tests, the engineers were able to determine it's functions, limitations, strengths, and weaknesses. Functionally it could only be used as an air-to-surface missile, meaning that it had to be ship mounted. The range of the missile was extremely high compared to most, if not all, missiles employed in the galaxy. However, once it reached it's 1,600 km mark it slowed down considerably and at times would stray left or to the right; missing it's intended target completely.
The infrared homing system was praised both for it's strength and weakness. As long as the target was 'hot' the missile could strike with pin-pointe accuracy. However, if the target was 'cold' the accuracy depended on both the speed of the ship and the trajectory from which it was fired; thus it was highly recommended that the missile only be used on 'hot' targets.
The passive radar system, like the infrared system, had it's strength and weak pointes. When fired using the passive radar feature, it could track targets that were using communication signals or broadcast channels. If the signal or channel was either turned off or changed to a different frequency, the missile would literally fly bind and either hit the nearest target or miss all together.
The warhead contained high concentrations of plasma which was deadly to organic life, and could result in death and burns if caught in the blast radius (which is only 3 meters from the pointe of impact). If it came in contact with compound materials, it would evaporate or melt the materials; essentially weakening the target it hit. Due to the guidance system installed linking the missile to the starfighter, the missiles cannot be fired from orbit. Any attempts to do so, the guidance system has a built in kill switch to prevent the event from happening. Due to the nature of the warhead's capabilities, any gunships, bombers, or fighters using these missiles could only use half of what the standard number found on most. With that being said, no more than two of these missiles could be attached.
At the conclusion of all the testing, the V-44 Marbhadh began rolling off the assembly line in TDI factories.
Primary Source: N/A

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

So this is a Tomahawk Missile, which in and of itself is fairly basic, no problems there. The issue is, its made for Orbital Bombardments, which are always a touchy subject, but not unheard of, but you have made it a nuke.

Tion Dr'iol said:
The warhead contained high concentrations of plasma, which was extremely deadly to organic life resulting in immediate death. If it came in contact with compound materials, it would evaporate or melt the materials; essentially weakening the target it hit.
If you want a Cruise Missile that is fine. But its the WMD-like effects that are going to need to be toned down. The sub as written effectively guarantees the death of anyone caught in the unknown Blast Radius. I am going to need that toned down.

As for the size, how big do you see this explosion?

[member="Draco Vereen"]

Actually it's not going to be used for Oribal bombardments and thanks for bringing that up....it never occurred to me that it could be used that way. I've adjusted that and made changes to the submission that now reads like this:

The warhead contained high concentrations of plasma, which was deadly to organic life and could result in death and burns if caught in the blast radius (which is only 4.6 meters from pointe of impact). If it came in contact with compound materials, it would evaporate or melt the materials; essentially weakening the target it hit. The V-44 Marbhadh could not be fired from orbital positions, thus it could only be used when starfighters where in atmospheric conditions.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

The size of the missile is based off the schematics from a Tomahawk missile....so these missiles will ONLY be on starfighters (which all my starfighters in the future will be based off real life fighter jets). Air-to-surface means that when a starfighter is in a planet's atmosphere and fired they cruise toward ground targets. I added a line explaining the last sentence to prevent anyone from trying to abuse these missiles. I also swapped out the word 'Temporary' in size to 'Starfighters ONLY' to prevent any other attempts to abuse these missiles. And I added *Atmosphere only* in the classification behind the words air-to-surface.

[member="Tion Dr'iol"]
So Starfighter mounted cruise missile. Alright, I can see it, but they are massive compared to the pictures of Proton Torpedoes I have seen for starfighter scale. While I am sure its possible, I would say that a single missile would account for an entire warhead launcher? Correct?

Finally can you bring the range down to 1600km. That is still an Intercontinental Missile and extreme range, considering that most Star Wars Starfighter warheads were Zeroed in at just over a Kilometer in space combat.

(See Rogue Squadron)

Tion Dr'iol said:
However, when it began to reach the 3,480 km mark, it began to slow down and at times stray left or to the right; missing it's intended target.
You missed this part.
Also This:

Tion Dr'iol said:
The warhead contained high concentrations of plasma, which was extremely deadly to organic life resulting in immediate death. If it came in contact with compound materials, it would evaporate or melt the materials; essentially weakening the target it hit.
Should read like this as discussed. (Reduced to 3 meters)

Tion Dr'iol said:
The warhead contained high concentrations of plasma, which was deadly to organic life and could result in death and burns if caught in the blast radius (which is only 3 meters from pointe of impact). If it came in contact with compound materials, it would evaporate or melt the materials; essentially weakening the target it hit. The V-44 Marbhadh could not be fired from orbital positions, thus it could only be used when starfighters where in atmospheric conditions.
Finally, this is a large warhead with lots of benefits over the norm, makes sense that a gunship or bomber or heavy fighter would have less of these than a standard missile. I would expect about half as many. Note that somewhere and we are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom