Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Uystraoan Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
f8bc96df58a4d1156a85af6fc796dc80.jpg
All I did was tint the image... again.​

Name: Uystraoan Gold
Designation: Non-Sentient
Homeworld: Uystrao I, Uystrao II
Language: N/A
Average height of adults: 4m above ground, 5m roots, 9m total length (This is the trimmed and tended variant. Untrimmed and untended, or new plants left to grow fully before harvest, grow up to 40m with roots included)
Color: Metallic Gold fruit, purplish green leaves
Breathes: Converts CO2 to O2
Strengths:
  • Heavily desired for wine making
  • Full bodied, well known, and loved flavor
  • Famous for its gold coloring and delicious wine
Weaknesses:
  • Extremely difficult to maintain
  • Plants must grow untrimmed and uncut, though maintained, for two years before it can be used for harvest.
  • Susceptible to pests
  • Susceptible to disease and fungi
Distinctions: Metallic gold colored fruit, full-flavored taste, and is unable to grow on any planet but Uystrao I and Uystrao II.
Average Lifespan: 50 to 100 years
Races: N/A
Estimated Population: Slightly substantial, few farms grow them due to the cost of maintenance and care vs profit.
Diet: Soil based nutrients, water.
Communication: N/A
Culture: N/A
Technology level: N/A
General behavior: N/A
History:

One of the few, fully native plants to Uystrao, Uystraoan Gold is as unique to the planets as the planetary system is to the galaxy. The two plants are native to both worlds, though no one knows how the seeds were transferred. Uystraoan Gold is a type of grape vine named after the metallic gold fruit it bears once per year, which is then converted into wine. The wine is highly sought after and fetches a very high price on the market due to its full bodied, full-flavored taste and the inability to grow on any other planets than the two it is native to.

The grapes are well known on the planet as a highly profitable cash crop, though even the wealthiest farmer tends to think twice before investing in the plant. The grapes must be left to grow fully, up to 40m long with roots included, for two years before they can be harvested to allow the plant to mature fully. Also, Uystraoan Gold is well known for its susceptibility to pests, disease, and fungi as well as requiring constant maintenance in order to grow and yield a full crop. This means that those who invest in growing the plant require a great deal of financial backing and funding to begin a farm of the grapes. The more well established farms on both planets have been growing the plants for centuries or longer and despite the immense profit from the grapes and wine, almost always live below their budget, often still tending the fields as a family unit rather than hire others to do the work for them.

Notable Player-Characters: N/A
Intent: To create another unique cash crop for the Uystrao System, to give the possibility of making top tier wine when the Tech Factory opens, and because the gold-tinted wine grapes looked amazing in the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom