Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Species Uystraoan Giant Orb Squash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
31587ea4c7926799f49063fefca8dad0.jpg
I just changed the color. Again.​

Name: Uystraoan Giant Orb Squash
Designation: Non-sentient
Homeworld: Uystrao I
Language: N/A
Average height of adults: 10m
Color: Purple
Breathes: Converts CO2 into O2
Strengths:
  • Delicious taste
  • Wide variety of recipes
  • Highly sought for both flavor and coloring
  • Easily grown
Weaknesses:
  • Very fragile
  • Very heavy
  • Susceptible to disease and fungi
Distinctions: Purple coloration, giant size
Average Lifespan: Replanted annually
Estimated Population: Substantial
Diet: Soil based nutrients, water
Communication: N/A
Culture: N/A
Technology level: N/A
General behavior: N/A
History:

Initially colored orange and white, the Giant Orb Squash were brought to Uystrao with the initial colonization. They maintained their normal color for hundreds of years with no issues and never deviated from their 10m standard size. In fact, they were one of the few plants that remained unchanged from the original stock brought planetside.

A few decades after the Gulag Plague arrived, however, a local scientist researching ways to enhance crop growth decided to take a look at the plant. Multiple attempts made no difference on the plant's size or yield, sending the researcher into a fit. After far too many alcoholic beverages, he attempted one last alteration. The subsequent plant was... purple. Outraged, the scientist threw the squash into a nearby field where it shattered on the ground and spread seeds everywhere.

From there, soon a purple Giant Orb Squash field began growing. Fascinated, local farmers took the plant home and some grew their own. Within time, two more aspects of the plant became apparent: It had both increased flavor from the original strain... and grew far more easily.

Now, the Purple Giant Orb Squash has pushed the original squash species out of the gene pool and has become the only squash plant of its size on the planet. As such, for both taste and color, it is often shipped off world as a curious and exotic food.

Notable Player-Characters: N/A
Intent: To give Uystrao a Halloween themed plant for the upcoming RL holidays, to create Uystrao's first squash, and because [member="Mrrew"] gave me the idea.

.... *insert R U SRS? meme here*

I'm tempted to make an Uystraon farmer now....

Approved, pending secondary.

[member="Popo"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom