Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Upon Black Wings

Valeria Ilara

She Who Sits Astride The Galaxy
Cerea.

Valeria Ilara had been gone a very, very long time. It had been... a year, perhaps, since her departure from the Fringe upon the back of the Lord of Flame, Mer'ax'ys, despite heading a warhost of the greatest warriors of the Fringe in invasions of multiple worlds. Instead, she had decided to travel aboard, further her studies of the arts of crafting - and picked up a few esoteric bits and pieces along the way - and here she was, once more returning to the first place that promised the would-be conqueror her own little dominion, her army. It was her dream, and the Fringe had promised it to her for a long time. The ex-Jal Shey had to be ready for this. She needed to be able to make her gear, to march to war - now, she finally felt ready to rejoin their ranks and fight.

Intergalactic journeys, however, were very tiring. She'd seen so much that even the legendary star dragon she rode needed a break - thus she'd managed to bribe her way into a starport, where she could land Mer'ax'ys, pay someone to deliver him food, make him promise that he would not start any fights or eat anyone, and then explore the beautiful world that was Cerea. Fortunately, it was Fringe-owned - she'd be okay if trouble started.

At the end of the day, the black-armoured, red-caped Kiran wandered the place, her inactive lightsaber-spear in her hand like a walking stick. The beauty of Tecave City, the world's capital, could not be overlooked - and she was drinking it all in. Enough to stop at a market stall and pick up a muja fruit, enough to enjoy the fact that she was in a wonderful place. But Force, she was tired. So tired. She'd seen so much of the galaxy, a soft bed would be great at that point. A decent sleep, some time away to relax - and then off to contact the Fringe and get back to where she belonged, at the head of a warhost, destroying the Galaxy.

One thing at a time.

[member="Brav'Dar Sekairo"]

Brav'Dar Sekairo

Land of the Prophets
CEREA: Apartment Complex, Land of the Prophets
MUSIC: No Remorse for the Wicked, Pre-Production Version, by R.A.N.

Fire. A thousand lives were burning. Chaos swarmed the vast city, tearing it into pieces. Flames consumed centuries worth of creation in a matter of hours. Somewhere in the insanity was the cause. A creature of sorts- with a nasty master. The source of all of this was a Mistress of Darkness. Someone with evil in their eyes. Yes... there the source was. Long tresses of black framed her face. There was a devious nature to her expression. Light reflected in her eyes as she watched what she had caused. This was what was to be. This was what was to come.
It was set in stone. This lady was going to rise.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweat dripped down his brow. Fear rushed through him as he shot up out of his bed. Another dream had found him. As usual his time in the Land of the Prophets had shown him the future. It had been a horrific nightmare. Destruction had been all he had seen. For someone like him, a gentle giant, it was terrifying. There had been naught but darkness in his vision. And he knew he could do nothing to stop it. Which explained the sorrow filling his soul to the brim. Another bead of sweat rolled down his cheek, reminding him it was time to get up. Today was likely going to be his last day on this world. Perhaps that was a good thing. Who knew when his prediction would come true- or where.
Brav'Dar Sekairo let out a sigh as he went to get dressed. Someday he'd walk among the ruins that would be created. He knew it. Somehow he often ended up seeing the effects of chaos first hand. A hand ran over the scar on his chest. It was a reminder of the fact that he saw the truth before almost anyone else. With a frown he pulled on a simple black shirt. Pants and a belt came next. Finally he slipped on some sandals before exiting his apartment. There was much to be done today. Bills would be paid, a ticket off world would be purchased, and a new sword would be forged. Or at least that was the hope.
There was, unfortunately, an issue. Not long after the Null exited his home... he found himself staring at a woman in the distance. Someone who looked eerily close to she who had seen in his dream.
Darkness threatened to swallow his soul.
[member="Valeria Ilara"]

Valeria Ilara

There was a moment when Valeria caught a glimpse of something in the distance, someone stopping to stare - and an emotion left tangled like a loose thread of a cloak. She knew to looke dcarefully back, though not to draw too much attention.

It felt as if she'd stumbled upon a kindred spirit, somehow - and then it hit her. The knight of rage would meet the spirit this prince of heart, and she would be stunned. In the moment that Valeria locked eyes with Brav'Dar, there was just a momentaty glimpse of the Force; an ability untrained, raw. Instantly she was met with a flash; the flash of a damaged soul, something that was easily able to be remade, reforged. Reforging the spirit into a weapon wasn't something she was familiar with - but she could, in an instant.

The haft of her spear spun over in her hands, blade emitter pointing down - easily activated, easily used for a quick thrust if need be. She was, by nature, a cautious one. Journeying the Galaxy did that to you.

The silent question, even so far away, remained asked.

Who are you?

Brav'Dar Sekairo

Land of the Prophets
Who are you?
This was the question that he pondered. It felt as if destiny- or perhaps the force- was calling him towards this woman. But what about his dreams? The visions he had seen? To walk with her was to walk with shadows, to walk with darkness. Or so that was what it felt like. Brav'Dar wanted to know, despite the warning his heart gave him, who she was. And he wished for her to know who he was. That was the strangest part to him. Half of his existence had relied on him being virtually unknown. To reveal himself to another... it was practically unheard of. Yet the urge was there. Unmistakable. Without a word he began to move, weaving around people with ease. He appeared much like any other man. Just a bit taller, and likely on his way to an important meeting. Destiny was telling him to move towards the Knight of Rage. Why it was was beyond his understanding. It was just one piece of the ultimate riddle. One that few would ever solve.
Within a minute he had neared the woman. Blue orbs, hidden behind dark shades, watched her with interest. Yet he pretended to look at the wares a merchant was selling nearby. There wasn't a single moment that his gaze left her. After a moment he attempted to gain her attention (as he was unaware he already had it). A gentle nudge was given with the force... and then he whispered. His voice was soft. None would hear it unless they were trying to hear it. What had he said?
"Brav'Dar Sekairo."
[member="Valeria Ilara"]

Valeria Ilara

Val looked up for a moment at the suburban sky, a calming sensation filling her at the sight of this land of peace and knowledge. Obviously this man had found her, had decided to approach her - she knew and so did he.

She did not make an attempt to hide her power, nor her spirit; she was not in the business of concealing herself from her enemies. She fought all things head-on, using her own strength; what little remained of her Kiran noblesse oblige still manifested in its own way. As the conqueror of worlds, she fought. She battled. This battle was against the spirit of an unknown.

"Valeria Ilara," was all she said in reply, taking the measure of the one before her. She was curious about his eyes, certainly, hiding behind those shades; black. Barring the windows the the soul. An interesting approach. Even her, clad in her black armoured flight suit, bore no helmet here. She was an open book.

"You called."

It was a question - but it was a very flat statement, at the same time. What did he desire?

Brav'Dar Sekairo

Land of the Prophets
At first he did not respond. Nor did he make any movements to show that he had heard her. Instead he quietly bought a piece of fruit. It was red. Much like the bright flames this woman was certain to one day cause. Brav wondered, for a moment, if she was a pyromaniac. Force users were capable of conjuring fire. And through his nudge he had learned that she could perform such a feat. Whether she directly knew how was unknown to him. But she was a force user. Like himself. Ah, she wasn't, however, like him. No, she did not seem to be a prophet. It was not likely that she knew any of what the galaxy truly had in store for her. What she would know was likely little more than feelings. Feelings and hopes. Perhaps dreams as well. The sort where one has a goal they wish to accomplish. Not the kind Brav experienced in the slightest. But dreams nonetheless.
He took a bite of the fruit before answering her at last.
"You have been busy." He paused before taking another bite. A small bit of juice dripped down his chin. As casually as ever he wiped it away. "Not much lately. But in the future. There is much chaos there- in places further along in time. Fire, sweeping flames, darkness snuffing out the candles. A beast like no other. Behind it all... you. So shows the Land of the Prophets. And so it shall be." All of this was said as if it was the most normal conversation topic in the world. For one like him, it almost was.
[member="Valeria Ilara"]

Valeria Ilara

"Do you even know what control is? Can you untangle what you see?"

Valeria stalked him, like the hunter stalking their prey - she was no Seer, she did not possess the inner eyes, she was not of Mind. Her lightsaber pike whirled in her hand cleanly, a simple gesture of the predatory nature that she had stolen from Mer'ax'ys and his soul; not a choice of hers, but a mere side-effect. Her deep brown eyes flickered over the man with platinum blonde hair, a soft growl rising from her lips.

The dragon's call.

This man was a prophet, of that she had no doubt. It was his only true call, at this point; it was clear he was unrefined, untrained, unfocused.

"Do you even desire the truth of your latent power?"

The pommel of her pike slammed into the ground as she stopped, brushing away long ebon locks from her eyes. She was going to present him with a simple choice; obedience. Education. Power. Understanding. The fact that he was here and she was too was no coincidence; the Force did not believe in those. She knew, deep down, something would have to come of this. As it stood he was a simple one-trick pony. He knew how to do one thing. Likely, to do it well. But there was so much more.

"You could have power... wealth, riches, the deepest knowledge in the Galaxy. Don't you desire something greater?"

Brav'Dar Sekairo

Land of the Prophets
What did he want in his existence? That too was a good question. Inside him was a largely untapped potential. But so far, any time he even attempted to reach it he was cut short. Headaches would rack his mind. Pain would rush through his nerves. He had yet to find a solution. As far as he knew, a Seer was all he'd ever be. Though, of course, Prophet was a more appropriate term. This did hinder him. What could he accomplish in so little time? Death had been shown to him. Within a few years he was to die. There was only a little bit he could do before then... Which made him consider this opportunity heavily. The assistance of another could push him forward. Hmm.
"There is much to be seen in the Land of Prophets. To understand it all is neigh impossible. Some things, however, can be seen with ease. Your future is one such thing. Pieces of mine are as well."
Brav paused, looking off into the distance, and frowned lightly.
"I am to die within four years. Before then my eyes will be blinded. What may come for me before then is lost to me. My greatness will always lie in what I do for others. The truth I show them, the harms I prevent, the paths I show them."
Power, wealth, and knowledge did little for dead men.
[member="Valeria Ilara"]

Valeria Ilara

Deep eyes locked upon the Prince - now she was learning more.

"Then you know nothing of the Force."

That, too, was not a question. No, that much was clear to the dragonmarked, who had touched the madness herself and become something greater. She had seen the Force with three different pairs of eyes; the Jal Shey, the Je'daii and now the twisted minds of the darkness in the Fringe. Valeria Ilara had made a slow and steady descent into the Dark Side and the power that it brought; now she understood it perfectly. It would be a joy to share that with others. She stalked about him like a dragon; she moved, she spoke, she stared. It was a perfect representation of the other half of her soul.

"The future is forever in motion. Nothing is permanent. With a power like yours - with the ability to control your visions - you could be rich, powerful. Wise beyond all measure. You could learn so many other things, too. Wouldn't you like to move things with your mind? Destroy or heal at a whim? What you have, your gift, is infinite."

Were he even the slightest bit curious, perhaps she could demonstrate.

Brav'Dar Sekairo

Land of the Prophets
"Some things can not be changed."
He said it rather matter-of-factly. But of course he could not be sure his demise was truly inevitable. This would have to be investigated further. Perhaps... perhaps she could assist him with that in some way. Yes, that made sense.
"There is a possibility that my life is not one of those. I would, however, be surprised. I've rarely been able to make a difference in what I see. In fact... I have a habit of trying to interfere, and only forcing what I was avoiding to happen. Some things are meant to be." Brav paused once more, finishing off his fruit and throwing the stem away. Into the trash can of course. "As for the rest of your words... I have considered this before. Telekenisis has been attempted. Illusions have tried to leave my mind. Once I even sought to unleash electric judgment. The Jedi I once called colleagues did their best to assist me. But every attempt at doing something other than seeing the future resulting in my body shutting down piece by piece." With a shrug the young man removed his pointed shades. This was the first time he had done so in public for nearly a week. "First comes a headache. Then my heart rate increases. After that my eyesight starts to disappear. I have not been foolish to go farther than that. There are likely ways to get past this. I have found none to date."
Quietly he turned to stare at the dragon-rider. Blue orbs watched her every move. One, the right, was a little foggy. It appeared as if some of the effects he felt lasted for awhile. Or perhaps some of the damage was simply permanent.
"If you have any suggestions... they would be welcomed."
[member="Valeria Ilara"]

Valeria Ilara

A quizzical brow lofted at the strange explanation; a list of side-effects, a potential for training. This one was clearly unknowing. He had no idea what he was capable of, or how to do any of it; he'd need some proper training with an actual Seer before he could handle himself fully with the Force. It was a shame that she was no Seer. In an adorable little kid way, he could have been a good student.

"I could... potentially... show you the way. I cannot teach you to control your visions. I wouldn't know the first thing about that. But I have friends. Lots of them. And some of them have the power to move the stars themselves."

She gave herself a wry smile, one that suggested she'd not seen said friends in a very long time. However, she could still bring him to them - they were in a Fringe locale, at the very least.

"They don't care who you are. Only that you learn - and have a little loyalty. They take in refugees, asylum seekers, students of the Force - anyone and everyone. You could go far."

Brav'Dar Sekairo

Land of the Prophets
She was not a Seer. That much had been clear to Brav'Dar. Yet part of him had still held hope that she could assist him directly. Now that was, obviously, out of the question. There was nothing about his visions that she could teach him. Nothing besides the general knowledge that was taught to most who ever walked the halls of a temple. And he had learned those some time ago, on Coruscant. But she was not done speaking. Nor was she, apparently, done giving him some hope for what lay ahead. For a moment the Null felt as if he was seeing another vision. Flashes of possibilities entered his mind. Of her friends, of him, of a beautiful future. Everything that she had mentioned he could one day claim was shown to him. It took him a minute to realize that it was not a Prophet Dream. No, it was merely a dream. A goal. Some hope for what may one day come to be.
And it looked wondrous.
"Your friends sound interesting. Very much so. I must, of course, ask who they are. Or are you... willing to show me the way to them?" His head tipped to the side slightly. Before she could answer his glasses were slipped back on, quickly. She would never notice the glint of joy, of interest, and of admiration they held in that moment.
[member="Valeria Ilara"]

Valeria Ilara

"Funny story. My friends... help run this planet," Valeria said with a sly grin forming on her lips. "The Lords of the Fringe are rarely far away."

Valeria considered a moment. The hardest part was going to be getting him somewhere else. After all, her mode of transport required a hardened flight suit in order to use, and she didn't keep a spare. Not that her battle dragon would permit a second on his back, but that was how it went. He might have gotten eaten.

"I can't exactly take you there. But I can point you in the right direction. My... usual mode of transport might object to you."

She could tell he was excited; it was obvious in the way he was feeling about this moment. Needless to say Valeria knew it herself; when the Jal Shey first accepted her, when the Je'daii had named her Master of the Forge. It was the chance to learn, to do, to become something incredible. That quest for more-- in her case, truly self-satisfying greed and lust for knowledge-- was a driving force. Knowledge became power. Power became domination.

Maybe she had fallen a bit too far to the Dark Side. Whatever.

"However, I can show you the way, if you can get yourself off this planet."

Brav'Dar Sekairo

Land of the Prophets
Ah, the Fringe Lords. Even Brav (a semi-secluded man) knew of them. Among their ranks were some of the strongest beings known to this galaxy. Siding with them generally meant a good life. Though he hadn't realized they had control over this world. Of course, he knew little about the group. Just the bits and pieces the Jedi had told him about. His knowledge of them was severely lacking. So he made a small mental note to remedy that soon. Yet another use of this woman was presenting itself. The Force was a grand thing. What was happening now was surely the work of it. Such events could not be brought together by mere coincidences. Not normally, at least.
"Would your... usual ride happen to be a large, winged reptile?" He asked, wondering if she did already have the beast he had seen in his visions. Something told him the answer was yes. Even before she spoke. "I was going to leave here soon, as it is. Today was the day I was to buy my ticket off-world. Due to... circumstances, I have more than enough credits to afford departure. I'd simply need to know where to go."
[member="Valeria Ilara"]

Valeria Ilara

"As it so happens, yes, I ride a star dragon," Valeria said with a wry smile. "He would devour you, no question. I would be hesitant to throw away such potential so easily." Never mind that Mer'ax'ys was bound to her soul or anything inextricably, no... maybe she could have stopped him. Maybe. That was a very big maybe.

"Well, if you intend to get off Cerea, here it is. Ever heard of a planet called Annaj? It's pretty close by. That's where you're headed," the forgemaster explained, casting a glance around and speaking in hushed tones, as if she wanted none else to hear. For a good reason: spilling the beans here might mean something bad. You never knew who was around. "Get to Annaj. They will find you."

Ominous? Perhaps. But when it came to the dark and light and everything in between, there were always monsters.

She was one.

Brav'Dar Sekairo

Land of the Prophets
Charming. Yet ominous. This woman appeared to be many things, all at once. Perhaps in time she would prove to be the boy's savior. Or maybe simply a friend. That mattered little to him. As long as her dragon didn't eat him... Valeria could lead him to where he needed to go. That much was certain. And so he ignored the reek of danger that followed her. Pushed aside his thoughts of concern. Sometimes the dangerous path was the one you needed to take. This appeared to be one of those times. So the boy smiled- only slightly- and nodded.
"Then that is where I will head. I... assume this is goodbye? For now?"
He did not know if there was more she wished to say.
[member="Valeria Ilara"]

Valeria Ilara

"For now."

From the utility belt on her suit, she extracted a datacard - small, tiny. It was gold and black, its surface marred with strange black etchings that looked alien in nature. "This is your one and only access; find a temple, perhaps, or some place of study. This card will tell you where you need to go on Annaj in a terminal. Encoded, of course. Its use might alert the appropriate parties to find you."

The black-clad warrior turned her back, the crimson cloak upon her shoulders swaying with ebon locks as she did so. "Good luck, little prince. Find your way with those blind eyes."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom