Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Celestia Station | Tabaqui Orbit | [member="John Rakugan"]

Hand clasped behind his back, Judah stared into the black from the hangar. He was waiting on a newer company, something to do with vessels. He had chose Celestia Station due to its ability to allow large vessels to dock. One never knew one another company owner wanted to 'show off' their wares. It was part show, part advertisement in most cases.

According to messages received though, Judah wasn't sure if they would be able to actually do much for the company. Perhaps some research support. Manufactured tech here or there.

"Mr.Dashiell? We have word your client will be here in an estimated five minutes. Landing is cleared."

John Rakugan

C.E.O of Elysium Industries
It didn't take long for John Rakugan's Radiant to pull up at Celestia Station. The ship was well-kept and well-painted, but unimpressive. The only distinguishing feature of the ship would be a design on the back flap bearing the initials "E.I." in yellow over a black background.

Sitting in the pilot's chambers with his Astrotech droid and a bulky but well-dressed individual, John turned worriedly to the man, who stood behind him looking out the port window. John shifted in his seat, uncomfortable with the prospect of his newest investor seeing him park such a hunk of garbage in the hangar. And yet John was out of options: this was do or die for Elysium. This was the big one. He needed a hangar, and he needed one bad.

John sighed slightly, then said to nobody in particular, "We should've rented the yacht".

"Just relax, alright?", Thavron replied. His voice was a smooth bass timbre that was easy on the ears. Thavron probably could've been a voice actor, if he had applied himself that way. But Rakugan knew his best friend was an engineer through and through.

John felt Thavron walk up behind him, working his shoulder muscles slightly with his left hand (his right arm was solid steel), and then he gave John a friendly pat on the back. Thavron leaned in closer and muttered, "Remember the simplest principal of business"

"Money talks?" Rakugan asked cluelessly, turning his head to look behind him.

"No", the man said, crossing the room. He looked himself in the mirror, giving his tie-less red suit a tug. "You gotta kiss."

"I ain't THAT desperate for credits" John said off-handedly, fixing his grey executive suit for what must've been the fiftieth time.

The man chuckled. "It's an acronym, laserbrain. It means, 'Keep It Simple, Stupid'." The man turned around and then added, "You do the talking. You're the CEO."

"Right...right...I'm the boss...I am the boss..."

John nodded, butterflies flying around in his stomach. He corrected his white tie yet again, and pushed the hangar bay release.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Radiant's bay opened up, and out stepped John Rakugan and Thavron Howard. Rakugan walked towards Judah, hiding his nervousness behind a friendly demeanour.

"Judah Dashiell?" Confirming that yes, this was indeed the man he was looking, Rakugan walked up to him confidently and smiled. John Rakugan was well-dressed in a grey executive suit with a white tie. He had grey hair that he had slicked back, and he was wearing a pair of stylish sunglasses. John offered Judah a handshake. "John Rakugan, it's a pleasure. This here's my Chief Financial Officer, Thavron."

"How do you do?" Thavron said, also offering Judah a handshake.

[member="Judah Dashiell"]

[member="John Rakugan"]

Landing cleared and a simply looked vessel stopped. Judah turned away from the viewports and moved more into a reception area. Two men in suits were approaching the area. One looked a little nervous, which he supposed would be expected, especially if the two in question were from a smaller corporation.

Handshakes were exchanged between the three men.

"Pleasure to meet you Mr. Rakugan, Mr.Tharvon. How was your trip? I do apologize about the distance in advance but I felt it might be best if you got to view some of our offerings in person."

Judah motioned down a hall.

"I've got a conference room set up with refreshments and projection equipment if you'd like to follow me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom