Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Unnamed saber-whip transfusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source:profile pic of Sakon Xarabia (ukono)
Intent: Personal weapon of Sakons for right now
Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Sakon
Model: A durasteel style cable which is embed with the force and force like armor to prevent severing the cable upon revealing.
Affiliation: Sakon, only usable by force sensitives and in theory telepaths
Modularity: Yes although results may differ. its compatable with many different types
Production: Unique
Material: Durasteel
Classification: Whip/lightsaber
Size: (One-handed)
Length: (5 meters)
Weight: (3kg)
Special Features: NA
Description: upon using the force on his saber hilt the hilt will detach itself in the middle, the cable will soar out and the light saber gets turned into a whip like blade. The strength is that by using this, Sakon has the ability to use much more unorthodox and unpredictable style of attacking and at times, increase maneuverability and speed along with closing gaps and using his momentum to constantly increase. his overall speed, agility and strength, since part of the cables are attached around his saber crystle, it becomes coated in the plasma like energy from the lightsaber, although it only has the ability to burn on contact, much much unlike the lightsaber. The drawbacks to it is that if he decides to use the force to help control the whip like motions it becomes a 2 handed weapon in a sense and his mobility is decreased due to needing to maintain concentration and also leaving him unguarded wail the blade is detached. The blade can also be retracted at will back into its original form
Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions) (meant for chaos if i ever manage to get in but i have not used it yet

Sakon Xarabia said:
Material: mandalorian steel
Mandalorian Steel/Iron (Beskar) is a restricted material. In order for this to be approved I will need a minimum of ten posts of development that fulfills one of the following objectives.
B
Beskar (( Objective: Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain Mandalorian Iron Ore from any of the following planets: Mandalore, Concordia, Echo'lya –OR— inflict a devastating defeat on a Mandalorian character and have them verify it. Characters belonging to the Major Faction whose influence covers Mandalore and/or Concordia are exempt from fulfilling this objective.
All tech submissions involving Mandalorians using Beskar will require a forging or construction thread of at least 10 posts where the item is made. Limited or minor production items will require longer dev threads of 20 and 30 posts respectively, or at the discretion of the Factory Judge. ))

Sakon Xarabia said:
Special Features: the entire thing is a feature
If there are no special features please put 'N/A' or 'Non-Applicable'. If there are features not normally seen in the type of weapon you are submitting (Lightwhip/saberwhips generally don't have beskar included) then please include that information in list-format.

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"] How would i use it if it hasnt been approved. I mean i can see if it was and needed posts on it being developed but if its not i cant really use it in chaos or make it. so i guess what im saying is that im kinda confused about what you mean by that (sorry im new round here) and i can change the metal around if it would work better

Sakon Xarabia said:
[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"] How would i use it if it hasnt been approved. I mean i can see if it was and needed posts on it being developed but if its not i cant really use it in chaos or make it. so i guess what im saying is that im kinda confused about what you mean by that (sorry im new round here) and i can change the metal around if it would work better
To obtain the materials for Mandalorian Iron/Beskar, you would need to mine/raid/steal/etc the metal from either Mandalore, Concordia, or Echo'lya, or defeat a Mandalorian PC in combat and have them verify it (basically either have them post here, which I will allow for such, or PM me). You don't need to use this at all in order to obtain beskar.

In the factory you are required to perform development threads prior to approval, so we may ask, from time to time, for a thread of varying length in order for certain submissions to be approved if they contain restricted materials or various other circumstantial parts. This means you would need to obtain the beskar via a development prior to this submission being approved, not necessarily create the object itself (though you can totally do that, too) or use it first.

If it makes it easier, it is perfectly acceptable for you to change the materials around so that it isn't a restricted material (such as Beskar, Phrik, or Cortosis), and a list of restricted & banned materials can be found here for your future reference.

If anything I've explained isn't clear, feel free to ask for a better explanation and I'll do my best to provide one for you :)

So if i make it a cortosis metal instead of mandalorian steel it would be ok? or if i made posts of gathering the materials? i know i must seem dumb but it kindas sounds like i need to have 10 posts of him making the invention. but what confused me if that if it wasnt approved i wouldnt be able to make said posts of development. If there was anything i lacked i could give estimates as i had used this is previous star wars rps. i guess i am just kinda looking for something a bit out of the ordenary and since my last character was pretty much deleted (since the threads were purged in a site clean up) and i had to start over i kinda wanted to keep his unique weapon as it was pretty good at my old site [member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

Sakon Xarabia said:
So if i make it a cortosis metal instead of mandalorian steel it would be ok? or if i made posts of gathering the materials? i know i must seem dumb but it kindas sounds like i need to have 10 posts of him making the invention. but what confused me if that if it wasnt approved i wouldnt be able to make said posts of development. If there was anything i lacked i could give estimates as i had used this is previous star wars rps. i guess i am just kinda looking for something a bit out of the ordenary and since my last character was pretty much deleted (since the threads were purged in a site clean up) and i had to start over i kinda wanted to keep his unique weapon as it was pretty good at my old site [member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]
Cortosis is also a restricted material, and isn't found in canonical lightwhips, so I'm going to have to say you'd still need a development thread (although I will certainly say it is much easier to obtain than Beskar).

As for the development thread bit, no, you do not need to do a thread that involves your character inventing, assembling, or researching this technology. A development thread for restricted materials is only, and solely, involving the gathering of the materials that are restricted - in this case being either Beskar or Cortosis. I will quote the objectives below, again, so that you have them for reference. All you will need to do for a development thread involving either beskar (mandalorian iron/steel) or cortosis - or any restricted metals - is do a 10 post thread where you go to get the materials in question, such as mining for cortosis or beskar on one of the planets listed in the objective.

B
Beskar (( Objective: Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain Mandalorian Iron Ore from any of the following planets: Mandalore, Concordia, Echo'lya –OR— inflict a devastating defeat on a Mandalorian character and have them verify it. Characters belonging to the Major Faction whose influence covers Mandalore and/or Concordia are exempt from fulfilling this objective.
C
Cortosis(( Objective : Perform a mining operation, a raid, an excavation, or steal to obtain cortosis ore from any of the following planets: Apatros, Obredaan, Katanos VII, Duro, Bal’demnic, Mnencheiasus, Gallos or Bespin –OR—suffer a devastating defeat at the hands of a Force User Character written by another writer. ))

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"] alright thanks i will have to make them soon, so what would be good non restricted material since i normally am really pressed on time these days and may not get to be able to make a thread for restricted materials

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]
]
i could drop the weight lol so are all of the lightsaber resistant materials restricted ones by chance? if so then where should i make the development thread for gathering them and would i need another person with me or could i do it solo

[member="Sakon Xarabia"]
Most of them are, yes. You can do development threads alone or with another person. If you intend to go after resources on a planet located in major faction space (link to the map here so you can check later) the thread will need to be open for intervention by that major faction.

Alternatively, in the future if your character is a force user and Sith alchemist of some capability, I would suggest utilizing alchemized durasteel if you're short on time still, it will give you some of the benefits of the materials you'd like to go after but with heavier weight.

Also, just a suggestion, if your character is a force user it would be a good idea to head over to the Rank Title | Rename Sub-Account thread to request the appropriate force rank title, as its a requirement of the rules, and you're capable of getting one from the get-go as a writer account.

@Mention me when you've made the changes to your sub :)

[member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"] I had planned on getting a rank but i have been trying to train my character up a bit before since i use to have a character at knight level but a purge of my old rp sites threads rendered me incapable of linking the required proof. As for hear i just wanted to make sure i knew what i was getting into as my character here is pretty much rogue. dark force user (and an unnaturally gifted one since birth) but he has no real loyalty or faction.

[member="Sakon Xarabia"]
It's not a requirement for the submission to be approved, all I need is the weight changed and all references to mandalorian iron/steel/beskar to be changed to durasteel and you're set for approval.

As far as your rank title goes, that is more so people don't get confused over you using the force later on during RPs.

ahhh alright so having the beginner rank wont flatten my characters power in the force to near nothing right? and i will make the change and work on aquiring the restricted material a bit later [member="Lily Kirsche Kuhn"]

[member="Sakon Xarabia"]
If you decide to modify this to have beskar or cortosis (or some other metal altogether) just follow the template for the Technology Submission Modification request thread and include the thread in your request to have durasteel switched with the metal.
jVVTw3G.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom