Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Udarnik assault frigate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanya Val Lerium

Neutral, Queen of Her people, Neko
1266238177_daimyo_class_heavy_cruiser_by_the_least.jpg
Image Source: http://pre14.deviantart.net/63d5/th/pre/i/2006/313/5/1/daimyo_class_heavy_cruiser_by_the_least.jpg

Affiliation: Closed Market

Manufacturer: Inquisition Industrys™

Model: udarnik assault class frigate

Modularity: armaments (quad turbo lasers and quad laser), change cargo bay to house one more squadron

Production: Mass

Material: Quadaium steel, glassteel, durasteel, common ship components

Classification: Assault

Length: 500m

Width: 220m

Height: 135m

Armament:
20 quad Turbo lasers
20 quad lasers
2 medium sized torpedo launchers with the capacity to hold 12 torpedos (ammunition separate)

Hangar: 1 squadron of fighter's, intercepeters, bombers or 4 gunships (single gunships not squadron)

Special Features:
Advance scanner/radar
Back up hyperdrive (class 6)
deflector shield
Standard life support
250 tonne cargo bay

Maneuverability Rating: 12

Speed Rating: 9

Hyperdrive Class: 1

Strengths: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 strength of this submission.)
Heavy gunned
Well protected
Fast

Weaknesses: (Provide, in list format, a minimum of 1 weaknesses of this submission.)
Sluggish in maneuverability
Small hanger

Description:
this is the first line of mass produced ships developed by the inqusistion. The idea of the ship is a fast moving ship that can deal some damage in a hit and run, or provide back line support in large fleets.

The Hull of the ship is made from the trade mark material Quadanium steel. This makes it able to stand quite well against damage for a short period of time. On top of that it uses a deflector sheild to give it extra protection. The hanger of the ship is on it's underbelly and only able to hold a small amount of ships that can be deployed, but the cargo bay can be removed to extend the amount of ships by another squadron.

All the guns on the ship are able to be replaced for future models. (This dose Not include the torpedo launcher.) The reason these can be swapped out is so that when the ships design needs to be updated for the cotbr, the ships would only need a refit and not remade. Each gun can only be exchanged for something of roughtly the size due to the base plates that they swivle on. There is only a limited amount so the numbers of guns Will never be more that what there is now.

Development Thread:N/A

Intent: to create a fast moving frigate

Who Can Use This: anyone who can fly a ship with a crew, the sisterhood of the balck rose

Primary Source:

Affiliation changed from "Open Market" to "Closed market"

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

This is a solid submission almost ready for approval. I would like to have one line clarified though.

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"]
Modularity: armaments, change cargo bay to house one more squadron
Does this mean that it can carry up to 2 squadrons if it's not carrying cargo? What part of the armament is modular?

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Gir Quee"] the hanger and cargo bay is underneath. so the cargo bay can just be removed like a section and replaced for what is needed. If anything that is to lead to a remodel later on.

Sanya Val Lerium said:
[member="Gir Quee"] it's the guns themselfs that can be exchanged
Doable. I'd explicitly explain that in the submission's description itself of what guns can be exchanged, and for what weapons they can be exchanged with. The more explicit, the less confusion and potential drama there will be.

With that being the case (if they are all capable of being turned into Quad turbolaser turrets), this has the firepower of a cruiser on the old Starship 2.0 scale (and the size to go with it), I'd like to see speed to be increased to 10.

Once these things are done, we should be good.

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Gir Quee"] you mean decreased?
8 is increase 10 would be decrease in speed

Also I'm leaving it open on the what they can be swapped for for a later model maybe with some submission guns instead of Canon.

[member="Sanya Val Lerium"], a speed of 10 is generally appropriate for a "balanced" frigate, which this ship matches in its normal armament and hangar ratings as listed. With a maneuverability handicap of 12, I'd normally be good with a speed of 9 for this ship.

However, with the current modularity of the weapons, this leads to potential balance problems. For example, if this thing is suddenly to carrying 40 quad turbolasers, we're talking about a cruiser-level firepower moving at speeds suitable for slower corvettes.

I see two options for this.

Either the ship's defensive guns can be switched out for more capital guns at speed 10, or the ship moves up to speed 9, but its defensive guns can only be swapped out for other defensive guns (capital guns could still be swapped out for more defensive or equal power capital guns).

All the guns on the ship are able to be replaced with something of similar size with more or less fire power. (Not including torpedo launcher.) The reason these can be swapped out is so that when the ships design needs to be updated for the cotbr, the ships would only need a re fit and not re made.
I can understand the want to be able to update a ship with new technology as it comes out. If this is the sole reason for the armament modularity, I'd suggest using the Starship modification thread to do that. We can get the frigate to speed 9 and then note the modularity as something like "capable of being upgraded in the future", but without any explicit ability to have weapons switched out without either using the starship modification thread, or a new submission.

Otherwise, as it currently stands, I feel uncomfortable with how vague this is. I'm not saying that you would, but it looks open to abuse in the future. I'd like this to read as something like "quad turbolasers can be switched out to weapons of equal or lesser power, and quad laser cannons can be upgraded to weapons of "quad turbolaser" power or lower. If this does end up using newer technology (a new Chaos factory submission), I would really recommend using the "starship modification thread" to explicitly note in this submission that the frigate can use it.

Sanya Val Lerium

[member="Gir Quee"] when I sub for a new it will be a fresh submission so these will still be made, but when the new one gets made in the future The speed will accommodate what is on it. Besides I'll be keeping the same amount of guns that's swapped for something of equal size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom