Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Tyrant Class Star Destroyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butch Mahan

Si vis pacem, para bellum
excalibur_class_super_star_destroyer_by_exoticctofu-d6oe6ex.jpg

excalibur_class_super_star_destroyer_by_exoticctofu-d6oe5bb.jpg
excalibur_class_super_star_destroyer_by_exoticctofu-d6oe61e.jpg
excalibur_class_super_star_destroyer_by_exoticctofu-d6oe8zb.jpg
excalibur_class_super_star_destroyer_by_exoticctofu-d6oe68z.jpg
Image Source: http://exoticctofu.deviantart.com/http://exoticctofu.deviantart.com/
Affiliation: Imperial Remnant
Manufacturer: Imperial Remnant
Model: Tyrant Class Star Destroyer
Modularity: No
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Durasteel, Transparisteel, Flexisteel,
Classification: Heavy Star Destroyer

Length: 1700 Meters
Width: 900 Meters
Height: 285 Meters

Armament: 15

• 72 Dual Heavy Turbolaser Batteries

• 280 Light Turbolasers

• 60 Ion Cannons

• 80 Point Defense Cannons

• 40 Anti-missile Octets

Defenses: 16

• Deflector Shields

Hangar:
2 Squadrons
2 Shuttles
4 Vehicle Transports

Special Features:

• Tractor Beam Projectors

• Life Support

• Communications Array

• Sensor Array

• Escape Pods

• Damage Control System

Maneuverability Rating: 17
Speed Rating: 18
Hyperdrive Class: 2

Strengths:

• Tractor Beam Projectors

• High Damage Primary Firing Solution

Weaknesses:

• Vulnerable Aft

• Small Cargo/Passenger Capacity

• Cheap Reactors

Description:
General Ship Description: The Tyrant Class Star Destroyer is the prime capital vessel in use by the Imperial Navy. Designed after the acquisition of operating shipyards, and the need to replace all the refurbished vessels then used by the Remnant, the Tyrant seeked to become the face of the Imperial Navy. Outfitted with standard weaponry, satisfactory equipment, and trained crew, it is one of the finest heavy Star Destroyers in modernity.
Tractor Beam Capacity:
110 KM Range
Capable of Capturing Vessels of Heavy Cruiser Class and below
Life Support:
Medium Capacity Life Support
Low Capacity Backup Life Support
Comms & Sensor Array:
High-Medium Quality Array
Escape Pods:
Large enough quantity and capacity to evacuate all crew and passengers
Damage Control System:
Automated Damage Control System
Crew:
9,100 Officers
29,800 Enlisted
8,050 Naval Infantry
Passenger Capacity:
40 Vehicles
Cargo Capacity:
24,000 Metric Tons
Consumables:
5½ Rears
Maximum Atmospheric Speed:
910 KM/H
Development Thread: http://starwarsrp.net/topic/103835-the-testing-grounds/?view=getnewpost
Who Can Use This: Imperial Remnant
Primary Source: N/A

Grand Admiral, First Order Central Command
[member="Butch Mahan"]

This is a great looking sub, but there's a number of issues with balance here.

Compared to a Balanced SD template you've got more guns (+5), more armor (+1), and one fewer squadrons.

Compared to a Heavy SD you're roughly on the level for Arm/Def but you have two more squadrons and are slightly faster.

Related to that, your weaknesses mostly aren't. Neither speed or maneuverability are particularly low for the size, and four squadrons is hardly a small complement. All in all that's two separate issues to be addressed. The weaknesses must be added regardless. For the discrepancy in ratings, it's basically just a little bit overdone in all the key areas. A dev thread would work, or reducing some numbers a bit.

As a final note, your gun counts are extremely low. This isn't necessary by any account, but you could basically double what you've got now and be fine.

Butch Mahan

Excuse my mistakes, I have been four months hiatus since making a ship sub for the factory.

Problems have been fixed, I've converted the ship from a balanced Star Destroyer to a heavy Star Destroyer. I've done what I have wanted with the gun counts.

[member="Cyrus Tregessar"]

[member="Butch Mahan"]

It's perfectly fine, that's what we're here for. As it stands you're perfectly within line to buff your speed (reduce to 17) and Armament (buff to 16) if you'd like. Otherwise I'm comfortable stamping this for approval.

[member="Butch Mahan"]

You have a Dominion listed for dev. This is normally fine, assuming actual development of a sub does occur in said thread, and would not otherwise present issues except that is has already been used to sub a ship for your faction.

Given that, I have to ask for either a separate ten post dev thread, or have additional posts in the Dominion (I note that is is not finished) contribute more directly to this submission. This need not be explicit 'we're making a ship now' stuff, but should be related to at least the core concept of this sub (making a new standard Star Destroyer for the IR).

Butch Mahan

Well, I was not informed of this thread being used for another Dev, so there will be hell to pay on that end.

I will have a ten dev thread for you soon enough.

Butch Mahan

Changed the link for the development thread to the new development thread. Should be finished within 1-2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom