Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Type 10 Folding Survival Knife

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Type 10 Folding Survival Knife -
QMh8ztda.jpg
Intent - To create a survival/combat knife for use by the Miln.
Development Thread - N/A.
Manufacturer - HSA.
Affiliation - Various Miln organizations and individuals.
Modularity - No.
Production - Limited.

Material - Ferroceramic blade, titanium handle.
Classification - Knife.
Size - One-handed.
Length - 26 cm unfolded (including handle), 14 cm closed.
Weight - 1 kilogram.
Special Features -

• Spring-loaded switchblade-style design.
  • Ultra-sharp ferroceramic blade.
  • Lightweight titanium handle.
Description -
The Type 10 Folding Survival Knife is a Miln survival implement commonly issued to members of the Hafnip Federation Defensive Navy, Army and Miln Astrogational Corps, among other organizations both private and public.
Of simple and reliable construction, the Type 10 has two features which make it stand out.
First of these, and most obvious, is its switchblade-style design; the knife's blade folds edge-first into its handle, locking in place when not in use; to extend the blade, a catch releases the blade on a spring, flicking it out on a hinge.
The second is the blade itself. Composed of an ultra-strong ferroceramic composite capable of holding an edge even after heavy use, it is sharpened at the factory by a laser system, with the edge honed to a thickness of just a few molecules. Its single edge, despite not being equipped with a vibration cell or similar power assist, is capable of cutting through even the toughest materials with little effort, up to and including heavy durasteel, though it is defeated by materials with a high molecular density, such as duranium.
The Type 10 is similar to a monomolecular blade; though nearly as sharp, it is far more durable, and can be used in the same way as a normal edged weapon. Besides its utility when held directly, the knife is also well balanced as a throwing weapon.
Despite its small size, the Type 10 can be a deadly weapon in the hands of a skilled wielder. Due in large part to its molecular-scale sharpness, it can pass through flesh, bone and clothing with ease, including light body armor such as plastoid and armorweave. This deceptively tiny knife can inflict gruesome slashes, and can even slice through the blades of lesser weapons.

Netherworld

<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />
<br />
Star Wars Canon:<br />
Pending initial review<br />
<br />
Starwars Chaos: <br />
<br />
WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />
<br />
WITH DEV THREADS<br />
Pending Initial review<br />
<br />
SUGGESTIONS<br />
Pending Inital review</p>

Netherworld

Hello, [member="Milo Tyranne"]. I'll be your judge today.

Pretty straightforward sub and a very nice knife. A few fixes, and this should be on its way. :)

Milo Tyranne said:
Various Miln corporations.
  • I'll need you to link the manufacturing company here. If you don't have one, you can look in here, some of the Chaos members will happily lend you their companies for production.
  • Alternately, you can just list your character as the manufacturer. Either works.

Milo Tyranne said:
capable of cutting through even the toughest materials with little effort
  • How "tough" are we talking here? Can you give me a ballpark of metals that you had in mind?

Tag me with questions/edits. :)

[member="Netherworld"]

1: I've used this descriptor for a number of Miln-related submissions in the past. There really aren't any specific applicable manufacturers that I can link to, and this isn't an item Milo made for himself; it's a common generic tool carried by the majority of Miln spacers.
Production is marked as "limited" because the Miln generally don't export their tech, though.

2: I added in a brief section of the description dealing with the weapon's cutting power, including examples of what it can and cannot cut.

Netherworld

[member="Milo Tyranne"]

There's a new rule in effect regarding manufacturers and linking.

The cutting power is acceptable, but normal issues still apply (i.e. you won't be cutting through durasteel plate armor in a single cut).

Tag me when you figure out what you want to do in regards to the manufacturer. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom